Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

a very fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2018
The tape of i had work was wonderful fun and everything else made new friends the people was very nice and respectful people. my manager was very nice.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WinnipegFebruary 19, 2018
I liked it it was fun I would do it again. I was a volunteer here for part of them summer so I never got paid , but it was a fun experience working here as a volunteer. I got a discount on items it was really good working here
it was good before the new manger got their
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2018
they gave you the full 8 hours, and when I need to go out of town they gave me the time off that was need. when the new store manger was their when I was she was giving the new employee what ever shift they wanted.
Pros
good hours
Cons
their was to much favoritism
It was a good seasonal job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90065February 15, 2018
It wasn't always too busy but it was always a mess. There was never a moment that there wasn't something that needed major organization and that's a good thing in a way because there was always something to keep you busy.
Sales Associate / Porter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2018
As a non-profit organization, goodwill gives a chance to work and gain experience working with a diverse crowd and gaining the necessary experience. Great work relationship
Pros
Great work relations
Cons
Pay
Some of the employees were great to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parker, COFebruary 12, 2018
When I first get started I have to put up clothes and other products such as housewares eletronics and other nick-nacks or help the cashiers with baging costumers things.
Pros
Great costumers
Cons
No healthcare and low wages
It was a fun place to work for specially at the location I use to work for. Its just corporate that I didnt agree with specially when I got injured.
Sales Associate & A.D.C (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2018
Good place to work for the one on Trop.It was a fun place to work for specially at the location I use to work for on Trop & Pecos. Manager is the best ever so warehouse lead they're both awesome.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Volunteers
Goodwill was so much fun to work at with great pay and benefits
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 9, 2018
I had so much fun at goodwill my coworkers and management were so great. I loved my customers and work so much. I would recommend working there if you want a great pay in a fun environment.
Productively a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2018
I really enjoyed being able to choose my own hours of work
All of the staff was extremely nice and very helpful
A great company to be employed by
Also very organized and clean
Really admire the way they share the tasks between the employees
Pros
Got to choose my hours
Cons
Was not able to work more hours
Horrible work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Country Walk, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Worst company ever, the general manager and the assistant manager abuse the employees, I did all the reports but the company don’t did nothing, I got gastric problems and allergies because the stress and abuse.. they forced me to leave my work, and around 8 employees more had to leave for the same problem...
Cons
Don't fall for the benefits!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 7, 2018
This company is all about money. Management sucks(from HR to store). Too many demands, not enough pay. The benefits are what attracts you to the company, however it is NOT worth the stress. I did enjoy interacting with the customers when they weren't complaining about the prices. The hours are long and you barely get time to spend with your family. Overall, I've had good experiences but there were more bad than good. Not, to mention, the store is always a mess and the back storage area is so dangerous.
Pros
Discount, Benefits, Customers
Cons
Management, Hours, Wages, Attitude, Cheap, No overtime
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 3, 2018
A good place to work the customer that shopped in the store were very friendly. The manager was not very nice zWe work together .We had birthday parties for evevry associate.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Great work but..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARFebruary 3, 2018
Great work but there is no advancement unless your full time and there 24/7 practically and the hours your able to work change if the store does not do well, so you just hope pray that you won't be knocked down to 5 hours or the highest for a part timer here is 28 hours per week.
The store location I was working at lacked alot of safety standards on the sales floor. Things were over piled and needed more organization.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I enjoy going to Goodwill thrift stores as a customer. But working at this particular location was not what I thought it to be. I wished there was more physical and thorough training for employees. They do provide video on safety and expected work ethics, but the physical training could use more help. I did learn about how they color code the merchandise on the sales floor. How to separate non sale-able donations. I did feel i went above and beyond while re organizing merchandise on the sales floor, by the many compliments given to me from co workers & management. At the same time I wished it would have served as Lead By Example. I hope I left a good impression after leaving the company.
Pros
Gained knowledge on how the system works on separating donations.
Ok pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Medium to fast pace especially on Monday's or first Saturday of every month. Was cross trained to work in almost every part of the store it either be as sales associate or at the warehouse with donations sorting and tagging.
Very good
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10035January 31, 2018
Very good place to work. There are people, however, who work diligently throughout the entire process of a job or task, and they always do a very good job no matter how much time and effort they must expend. These people are showing everybody around them that they possess a positive or solid work ethic. In this highly competitive world, whether people are looking for jobs, completing degree programs at colleges or universities, or simply acting as solid citizens, they should show the world that it is both ethical and necessary to work very hard at each and every task that arises.
Last Choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJanuary 28, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working at Goodwill if you have other options available to you. You are under payed, the store is understaffed and management leaves a lot to be desired.
Acceptable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INJanuary 26, 2018
It was a good job to have and easy to learn. The job entailed sorting new donations, hanging clothing and stocking clothes racks. In the morning we sorted stacks of clothing, sorting out the bad and hanging on racks the accepted items. Once racks were filled they were taken to the floor to stock the clothes racks on the floor. We alternated days to work at the cash register and assisting customers. We also kept the dressing rooms cleaned up.
Pros
easy work
Cons
sometimes too strick on accepted clothing items
Stimulating work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, INJanuary 25, 2018
Steady, mild-paced work environment. Always had time to finish daily tasks and still being able to assist customers when need be. Management was always fair and accommodating
Productive and chill work environment as long as you do what is required. Its easy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Great food, great coworkers, too much drama, not very much compassion, management and hiring was great for 7 months.learned a lot a about being a sales Representative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K