Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Overall Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 23, 2018
The Goodwill is a good place to work because they take donations & sale products for low prices and that may help people save money. Also its good to see customers leave happy & satisfied.
Pros
Safe work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Flexible and positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJune 21, 2018
The managers were willing to work around my schedule and they were very understanding. Which was a great help, due to my lifestyle, I'm a very busy person and they understood that.
Goodwill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 21, 2018
Goodwill was a nice place to work at the time I was there. You did whatever they wanted you to do for that day. The management was good. There were plenty of supervisors. Hardest part was the donating center putting the right donations in where.
Pros
Everyone was fun an nice.
Cons
The rude customers
Job training and advancement
Sales Associate/Processor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 21, 2018
Following the mission of Goodwill Industries and protecting the Goodwill brand was always a priority for me. The workplace was positive and very face paced. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with our program participants and seeing their smiling faces everyday.
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
Staffing Issues
i loved orking for goodwill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJune 20, 2018
fun friendly environment, accepted donations sorted cleaned and priced donations, put on the shelve, moved furniture. Loaded and unloaded truck, once i became 3rd key, i was on register more and helped with customers ,money management and deposits and store up keep
Great environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 18, 2018
Awesome place to begin early ways learning skills inside a store! You have dedicated team members and management willing to help you at any time. Very approachable and friendly people
Pros
Customers
Cons
Only specific weeks of discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GA 30052June 18, 2018
This job was so horrible. GTh emanagers were always unorganized and mean. The weekley pay check was not enough to live off of. Everything just sucked.
Excellent place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 18, 2018
The management is super dedicated to doing everything in their power to make customers and employees have a great experience no matter what kind of day they're having, they're efficient in solving problems or hazards in the workplace, reward employees for their good work and are kind to them even when chastising them, they explain things well, are very understanding of health problems and issues, and don't time you on ANYTHING you're working on, as long as the job gets done; they're happy. I would recommend THIS job to anyone that is really proficient in organizing and is of an amiable and kind disposition and personality. Also, if you have a disability; THIS JOB IS PERFECT FOR YOU.
productive daily
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85048June 14, 2018
productive daily working with customers, helping with what they needed and multi-tasking with them and the cashiers. Management was okay, they allowed me to take the days I needed off, they worked with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job is handling angry customers but the situation is controlled until you bring it up to the manager. Although, your coworkers make it fun throughout the day.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
cleaning every hour
Coworkers
Crew Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 12, 2018
Meet some nice folks here. There is a 150 word minimum you must reach in order for you to continue. This is truly unfortunate and inappropriate requirement.
liked working with my co-workers. fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 10, 2018
the people there are so nice. i learned new skills while working there.
the teams help each other to achieve their goals. even customers are nice too. some of them became my friends
Pros
too much fun
Cons
nothing
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80015June 10, 2018
It was a good job, I got to know the names of regular customers who are familiar to me. I would go to the glass case if a customer was interested in something.
Pros
Good employees I got along with.
Cons
The drive distance from home was a little long
Poor management, depressing working environment, flexible hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 10, 2018
I did not enjoy working at goodwill. I constantly felt underaprciated. We often got our late. The store was always a mess. The management didn’t foster a healthy working environment where people were happy to come to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, flexible in requesting off
Cons
Poor management, dirty sales floor, lack of morale
Happy to Helo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 9, 2018
Goodwill Industries offers a wide variety of employment options, as well as the option to work forward and advance to the next highest job placement. The work is easy and fun. Everyone is enjoyable to work with, and the atmosphere is really applicable to any fundamental value as offered by Home Goods. I just loved doing the fundraising and was always first in the location on promoting the change roundup. Lunch breaks were from 15-30minutes and there were extra breaks if necessary. The job was only a 12 minute drive.
Pros
very ongoing
No career advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 9, 2018
If you are disabled and are a good worker you can't get full time or health insurance it makes it hard to live on your own working part time only 35 hrs a week if your like everyone else you get full time it's backwards and not right I learned up front and eventually worked my way to the back I could do clothes shoes and accessories pricing just quota keep going up and you got in trouble if you area didn't sell their weekly quota it wasn't our fault they expect customers to spend a certain amount in a week really high expectations from us as workers a lot of shady stuff goes on certain workers get first dibs on the good stuff a lot of favoritism going on in management and management can get the items lower than customers with their discount
Pros
A week paid vacation, discounts
Cons
Not enough hrs, or career advancement
Fun helpful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2018
A typical work day was surrounded by happy people you enjoyed to be around. I learned a lot about organization and how to price product fast and efficiently.
Pros
Understanding Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Just A Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
Employees are not appreciated. There is no direction. There are no good benefits. You will be at minimum wage or just above it for at least 5 to 6 years. There are no increases. You cannot live on this salary. Things sold in stores are overpriced. Management does not care.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low low pay, Poor working conditions, No appreciation, No increases, No cost of living increase, Poverty levels.
Efficient workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 4, 2018
Flexible scheduling; the work culture was positive. It was an efficient store with good direction from managers. Donations to programs are inspiring. Provides great support for their workers.
Experience Will Vary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2018
Every employee's experience will be different. The quality of the work experience will depend on where the store is located and who manages it. Goodwill's policies may differ from state to state.
goodwill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2018
goodwill industries was a wonderful company to work for. I've experience a lot in the work force. Goodwill is also good on promotions and discounts the always put customers first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K