Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 9, 2017
A Typical work day can be very different however one thing that is always the same is that you can count on fellow co workers to have a great time

I learned that there are many ways to help others and by recycling what others want and helping pass it to someone who needs is a great feeling

Management on the other hand is great however also can be very one sided and hard to work with most of the time

The hardest part is that it requires you to be on your feet for 8 hours a day

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you were helping others
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Poor management
Fun easy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 8, 2017
everything about working at good will was great , especially the interaction with you daily customers
just management at the location was working at was very poor And wasn't the fair
Pros
good pay, lots of hours
Cons
bad mangement
Nice Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 7, 2017
A typical day at work included cleaning the floors and stands, counting in the registers, opening the store, racking out clothes, and wares sometimes, also helping customers check out. I learned how to use a register, communicate with customers on a friendly level, multi-task. The hours were very hard on my body, strenuous mostly. But I had good teammates that made up for it.
Great benefits, pay is needed to be higher, and more room for advancement could be made.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 7, 2017
I would have loved to have advanced as team lead, But was placed on back burner sort of speak. I know i needed more work, I coudn't get feed back. The pay should be more cause the cost of living has gone up.
Pros
The enviroment is great.
Cons
Needs more work for advancement, and pay raises.
I hated the job but love the customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCDecember 6, 2017
The customers are what made my job enjoyable, My store manager was horrible she set behind her desk and did not nothing but nit pick at us employees!!
Pros
customers, Co-workers, ok discount
Cons
Manager sucked, Not enough hours, no advacements
Work is easy but not good pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 4, 2017
The work is very easy and pay is not good .its pretty much the same work every week sorting pricing tuning the register helping with customer service.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
It doesn't pay well
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 30, 2017
Fun, fast-paced place to work with multiple opportunities for advancement. Supportive management team. Great opportunity to work with people form a wide variety of backgrounds.
good team work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98144November 30, 2017
Its not that bad working in Goodwill actually it was fun, and its not hard to learn the job. we have team work. our management team and co workers are nice.
Pros
employee discount
loved working with customers, but no help from immediate supervisor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 29, 2017
production would have high goals but did not have enough floor staff to process the inventory to the floor and would not get any help from immediate supervisor. loved working and helping customers. Halloween time was very fun.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2017
good I liked it a lot they workled with me on a lot of things and the managers were not always on your case about everything it was a relaxing job to me I would go back if they worked with my schedule
it was great working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 23, 2017
This was my first job starting out I liked it it helped me build my resume to go work at more places it was my starting point to build my experience never will forget it
Fast paced environment with no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 23, 2017
The work environment of goodwill industries is highly physically demanding when donations are present and is heavily relying on short staff.Not recommended if you are already skilled in retail though it is good place to develop new ones.
Pros
Paid 15 minute breaks, and offered medical care.
Cons
no raises or change in wages.
freindly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 21, 2017
I loved this job. If i didn't move, i would still be working there. The employees you work with are so nice to you and so freindly. I used to love surrounding myself around them.
5 Stars
ADC/Custodian/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2017
I have learned to become a more responsible and level headed human being while working at Goodwill. Management is well mannered and assertive all in one setting. The workplace culture is very diverse at times with different customer's personalities.
Pros
Three breaks
Cons
Na
Loved it, sad to leave it .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 15, 2017
Laid back environment, employees worked well with each other and displayed team work very well. The management is very involved with employee life and helps when there is a need for it.
Nice but not somewhere you can work for a long time
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 14, 2017
It very nice but the new management can hardly do things on time. They still haven't gotten the place as organized as it should be,and it become a pain in the a**. I really like the place and people but working there can be stressful because of how unorganized everything is now.
Pros
People
Cons
pay and management
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodwill, griffith, INNovember 13, 2017
Goodwill would have been a decent place to work as an in between workplace, unfortunatley, management was horrible. The first week I started, an incredbile number of people walked out. The schedule was revised multiple times a day, so you never knew when to come in. I was shocked at how the employess were treated, and the morales of management, especially considering, its the GOODWILL. I thought the experience would be rewarding, and humbling....complete opposite. Such a shame.
Pros
Came across alot of neat things.
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, under staffed.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2017
Enjoyable.
Pleasant work environment with tons of opportunity to grow and develop new skills; school opportunities and competitive pay. Always ready to lend help and guide you in the direction you're looking in to.
Pros
Lunch break and discount
Cons
Rude customers at times
Flagstaff's Not-So-Hidden Treasure Trove
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 11, 2017
I loved working at Goodwill... there were so many awesome items to find! However, it is a standard retail environment. Turnover was very high when I was there (surprising given the scarcity of full-time jobs in Flagstaff). Communication from management was lacking a bit, especially when it came to employee schedules. Managing inventory was really hard considering there was not enough room to house all of it, and we were under pressure to move inventory to the sales floor (even though there was not always room for it).
Pros
Paid Time Off, 40 hours
Cons
Poor Communication, Inventory Mismanagement
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Missouri kansasNovember 9, 2017
it was a very great place to work. It was always something to do there, workers was fantastic, and it was never a dull moment. the manager was very understanding and outgoing.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
Didn't have any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.