Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Great people
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, MDFebruary 21, 2018
When I worked at goodwill I loved every minute of it. The co workers are great friendly and nice. The costumers are very nice. The job was kinda hard to keep up with the quote
Really good starting job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2018
It’s a really good starting job for someone in retail . They offer good benefits now , they classify it as working more than 30 hours for benefits even if your part time but work more than 30 hours your qualified
Fun place to work
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 16, 2018
Great place to work if you have no prior experience anywhere else. Fun place to learn the working basis. I would reccomend to anyone. Good pay, good hours.
Pros
Fun
Cons
working a goodwill was great for my first time working
Retail Sales Associate trainee (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 15, 2018
you clock in on time leave on time.i learned time management is very important.it has a family vibe to it.the hardest part was keeping up with the peoples patter.this was my first job i had so i started of pretty slow but no one held that ageist me they just help motive you to keep going and to work harder.
Pros
free gloves for work
Cons
lunch could be longer
You work for your money
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 14, 2018
Cashier work
Greet customers
Morning prep: vacuum, dust and restock supplies
Keep designated areas straightened
Help stock if needed
Wrap and box all glassware
Help customers with any questions and hold items
Take care of return items
Two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch in an eight hour shift
Recover assigned area when not on register
Keep fitting rooms running smooth
Upper management can be rude to floor employees
Scheduled hours can be anytime all seven days of the week
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Management needs work in appreciating their employees
fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2018
fun place to work meet new people love their mission statement many locations to work at or shop at love the fact that the pay is great and you get paid time off employee discount
Laid back.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARFebruary 11, 2018
It is an easy job. The coworkers are easy going. The management is good and listen to what you have to say. They are very understanding if you need days off.
Productive and professional atmosphere
Volunteer Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83709February 11, 2018
A typical day here involves sorting out merchandise and placing it on the sales floor if you are not working cashier. Other tasks involved pointing out where certain items are kept on the sales floor on customer request. Can get busy if they have a lot of donations in the back. Workers are productive and quick.
Work at Goodwill
Goodwill Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 8, 2018
Temporary Sorted, tagged hanger. Put donations out on the Floor
Cleaned Shelves, Greeting Customers and helping them find what they are looking for. It was an ok place to work.
Goodwill
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 6, 2018
Goodwill is a charity organization that provide quality used products, such as general electronics(T.V.s, radios and entertainment devices, electronic toys, power tools, kitchen equipment, accessories), clothing and footwear, furniture, media (CDs, DVDs/Blue Ray, and monitors), P.C.s and computer related software, accessories, and devices, etc., etc.
Pros
Assisting clients with obtaining available quality products at low cost for personal needs.
Cons
Some customers have extremely high expectations though purchasing fairly used products or equipment.
Great
Retail associate (Current Employee) –  Timberlake, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Loved it the best job ive ever had ive always wamted to work for a goodwill i really enjoy helping people. The people are nice and easy to get along with. The customers are nice and friendly. Overall an wonderful work enviroment.
nice place to work
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 4, 2018
nice place to work but not enough hours or pay
safe place to work
not room for advancement
working with challenged employees
good place to learn how to work
Pros
friendly
Cons
not enough hours or pay
They are all about money!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Goodwills claim is that they create jobs, what they don’t tell you is that most of those jobs are created off of turnover... create jobs?, yes...care about employees?...heck no
Pros
Cons
Working there
N/a
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 1, 2018
It was a good job. Very hard work. Enjoyed working with the public. They were able to accommodate the hours that I needed to be able to work and take care of grand children.
Productive and fun work place
Retail Associate/Production (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoy working at Goodwill. They gave me a chance when no one did. Management is great and work with you at all times. My co workers are wonderful and full of life.
Benefits are great, but management can be lacking.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCJanuary 30, 2018
I have worked at different Goodwill stores throughout my 9 year tenure with the company. The Sylva store was one of the better stores I have worked at. The group of employees I worked with did not feel as if we were going to a job to get a paycheck. We felt like a family unit.
A typical day is always being on your feet, handling money and merchandise, having a professional relationship with customers, making sure they are greeted and welcomed into the store and feel that they are always welcome to return.
The flaws with the Sylva store was a lack of professionalism from management at times, as well as a difficulty to move up in the company.
However, if you are able to work in a store where things run smoothly, the healthcare benefits Goodwill offers are some of the best I have seen or heard about from nearly any retail company.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K
Cons
Hard to move up the ladder
Productive and fun work environment with multiple things to do
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day at Goodwill would be to check in with my manager, and she would usually assign us one thing at the beginning of our shift. Lets say i was assigned stocking. I would begin removing old items with a old color tag and place them in a bin to be sent to another goodwill. I learned super organization skills, and to clean thoroughly. My manager was very cool and always so excited.
Pros
Fun and enthusiastic environment.
Cons
Short breaks
certainly not the best
Store Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2018
if youre looking for a job and are able body its a good place to work though it can sometimes be stressful due to sometimes poor management from VPs within the company
Low skill job
store associate (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 28, 2018
Job allowed for entry into workplace and did not require many skill. Opportunity for someone to begin employment. Stepping stone to other jobs and opportunities.
Very productiv
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 27, 2018
We had to sort out donations. We had to lable and price the items that was donated. I learn that we can receive items that are donated tothe company wheather or not if we have to unload them ourselves. But if a cutomer purchased an item that had to be loaded into there vehicle,we were told that we could not assit the customer with that item. I resign for that reason.
Pros
Awsome people I worked with
Cons
Not a honest company as advertise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K