Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

A brief description
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  2550 N High St, Columbus, OH 43202August 17, 2018
Working for Goodwill has opened up a window for a plethora of opportunities. The various responsibilities I had were good learning experiences regarding on hand skills.
Pros
Pay was high
Cons
N/a
its an ok place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTAugust 14, 2018
everyone was friendly and helpful and worked hard manger was nice they help u out with any thing u needed help with willing train u if u r willing to learn and if r good they will teach to becoming a key holder.
Pros
holiday party
Nothing worse than this place.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 14, 2018
I hate this company so much. Working at it at least. I was in the production department of the store. That's where they take donations. This is the most stressful department of the store. You have to take donations, organize the product, push out product to the sales floor, price product, send out collectable product to the larger goodwill stores. The breaks are minimal, you barely get any. The only places to eat around it are mcdonalds and subway. The hours suck, the pay was 9 dollars an hour. There was so much gossip and rumors that went around. The people that work there are old and act like they're still in high school. They hire just about anybody. The management sucked. The assistant managers constantly flirted with me, the store manager told me once after I made a complaint. Mind you, I never complained, I just got fed up one time with a drunk co worker telling me what I need to do. I complained about this once to the manager and he said "if you're gonna act like a B*tch, don't work here." Worst place to work at, period. If you thought McDonalds was a horrible place, you haven't worked here.
Pros
Cons
Almost no breaks, horrible work environment, terrible management, no parking
Ran the front register and kept the front end of the store clean.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZAugust 13, 2018
Ran the front register and kept the front end of the store clean.
Pulled old tags off the racks. And put new ones on. Priced items that came into the store.
Pros
Everyone was nice there.
Cons
Being on my feet all day.
Good place, should be temporary
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 12, 2018
A nice place to work. The customers can be harsh as it's usually the worst around the community. The company really only cares about sales and money, so very typical. My coworkers were great as well as the management. I would recommend as a temporary job as the pay isn't good at all.
Pros
Great Management, discounts
Cons
Customers. low pay
No longer good company to work for
Retail Associate- Rack runner (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2018
Was a good company to work for but in past 5 years they have changed. Now they are more about the money and less on caring about their employees..The people that Goodwill is expose to stand for are no longer welcome there to work .
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
upper management work employees like dogs
I had a very easy fun job that I worked ery fast at in a clean drugfree environment.
Soft Line Worker (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 11, 2018
When I first started to work for Goodwill I really enjoyed my position as a soft line worker. I would put the clothes on hangers and put the tag of the day on the clothing which made them ready to be put out on the sales floor. Everyday the color would change. There were My job was very interesting and the employees were very nice to me. The work environment was very clean and smoke free. I was given an award at one time that I was not expecting. I was very surprised and very blessed by my employers. The employers cared for me and they really made me feel good about myself. You are awesome, and thankyou for giving me a job and keep up the good work.
Hard place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIAugust 10, 2018
When I first started working at Goodwill I enjoyed it because I was supported by everyone there. But after around a year, I lost almost all of my hours and I was left to fend for myself while working. The other associates were immature and did not care about the job, There was such a lack of effort, I can even see it in management. For such a small store, 7 managers makes it extremely difficult to get anything done due to difference of opinions.
Pros
fixed schedule
Cons
Poor management, immature associates, low hours, lack of effort by associates
A positive and productive environment to work for and a great management team
Full time Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIAugust 7, 2018
My experience while working at Goodwill has definitely had its ups and downs. It was fast paced and we all collaborated to make our goals without being too overwhelmed. Over the course of the year working there a lot of people left, so that left management to find new people and train them so we were often understaffed. That left me by myself running the store alone for hours on end. Sometimes I wouldn’t even get my breaks because I just didn’t have the time to take them. Other than the bad customers and lack of communication among my managers, I enjoyed having some leadership opportunities to train some girls up front, but I felt like I should have been paid more. I was doing the managers work while they had other things to do and it didn’t seem fair. Other then that I have enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Paid time off, cheap dental, vision, and healthcare benefits, 20% discount
Cons
stressful work environment, rude customers
Starter job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 7, 2018
Starter job to get back on your feet. its not a job you stay at it doesnt cover your living and extra cost. working there a year and it went downhill.
A Typical Job Day
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  East Earl, PA 17519August 6, 2018
I would take items from bins and put the items on shelves reorganize the shelves so the items would be displayed nicely. There were some objects that had to be handled carefully. I enjoyed learning and helping out the store. It was kind of quiet for a store.
Pros
Nice quiet environment, kind of busy, flexible hours
Cons
can't work overnight
Terrible place to Work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 3, 2018
I took this job because I thought I would be helping people but that was not the case. Management sucks. It was clear only after working a few days here that they only cared about money. They would often put unreasonably high prices on second hand items. Management stresses out workers. Would not ever return.
Lovd it
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 30, 2018
Goodwill is my famliy they made me feel like i was home away from home i loved my coworkers they were nice friedly we work in a nice work inviroment and made everybody feel welcome
Great Co-workers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2018
A typical day at work is no incidents
What I have learned at work was CPR
Workplace culture was a relaxing culture
Restocking the shelves was the hardest part of my job
In the beginning it was great working there , but then it changed employees were horrible and management was not cooperating
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2018
In the beginning it was great working there, but then everything changed employees were starting drama, the supervisors where no where to be found when needed. I went to the manager the manager did nothing. I was sometimes left doing a line by myself. management would not do anything about it .
Pros
Some good customers
Cons
Did most of the work no teamwork
Managing
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 25, 2018
You need one person on the floor to tell people what to do or people will get confused and lost to which one to do without being fuse at or get written up for something you cant do at once.
It was good working with good people
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 24, 2018
I liked it a lot but the other things where how much that wanted out of you was so much it was like we had to do it or we would get fired for not doing what we had
Pros
Thy let us have fun around the work place
Cons
There not helping us with thing we ask for help with
So so
Retail Associate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
You work very very very hard for very little pay 5 hours felt like you were a 8 hour shift but the people was nice management was good the experience was humbling and greet
Non profit
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 22, 2018
Some employees are good to work with. You can find some bargains. They pull sales items off the sale floor. That means customers cant buy them. Store is clothes tight. Shelves clutter
Pros
Cons
Everything wrong
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 19, 2018
There was a lot of cleaning up. Management was always there to help and answer any questions that you have. I really enjoyed my co-workers they were always willing to help out.my favorite was helping the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K