Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Inconsistent leadership
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMay 23, 2018
This company was difficult to work for because the rules changed a lot. The training was not what I was promised. It's a very disorganized place to work.
Great employees to work with but challenging place to work.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 20, 2018
Due to the unbelievable turn over problem, the work environment was unsatisfactory especially on weekends when retail usually does most of it's business. It became routine for employees who were hired for a specific job responsibility to be pulled to cover positions for employees who called in leaving the work load behind. This became the norm more than the exception, generating a serious moral problem within employee ranks. New hiring and training was a revolving door that was not resolved during the time I was employed.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Very low wages for the work expectation.
Productive and very collaborative
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIMay 20, 2018
Working at Goodwill is one of my best work experiences. The people were nice and it was generally a somewhat relaxed and healthy work environment. I learned how to coordinate with a team of people, understand and act on tasks given to me as soon as possible, and prioritize my tasks. Sometimes there were huge lines of donations, but overtime they were taken care of and tended to. Despite the difficult and stressful amounts of donations, it was good to keep me busy during the day. Nevertheless, meeting new people and being able to chat with my coworkers in a friendly manner once in a while was a good way to spend my day a work all the while keeping on task and not procrastinating or lagging behind.
Pros
Good coworkers, relaxed and healthy work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Financial. Benefits
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 18, 2018
Needs To Improve The Pay Grade. Have More Full Time. Longer Lunches. Off On Certain Holidays. Move Employees up Inside The Company Instead Of Going Outside The Company.
Pros
Good To Get Experience
Cons
Bad Pay Grade
good place to work! if you ever have a question let them know!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 11, 2018
Goodwill is a good place to work to gain sales or customer service experience.the people are great and if you ever need help please let them know.great place to work!
Pros
Good working enviorment people will help you if they can.
Cons
great place to work for all diversities and disabilities
Retail Book Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 9, 2018
great place to work but i had a lot going on in my personal life and i wasn't getting paid by them it was department of human services volunteer work experience program
Pros
friendly helpful staff
Great team work environment
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85711May 8, 2018
I enjoyed learning different roles within the departments and meeting new team members. great learning opportunities and ways to advance. They provide monthly educational experiences at our team meetings.
Pros
great learning opportunity
Cons
interdepartmental transfers
Summury
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMay 8, 2018
I love working at the goodwill but I live in thomasville an work in Kernersville I just need something closer to home. It is a good place to work I love the people
how it was at good will
Cashier, Sales Floor Associate and Pricer (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMay 7, 2018
i learned that i can do a lot in a short period of time as well as that i am fast when i have to go from what i am doing to be a chashier to putting away hardlines. some of the managers are okay maybe two the rest just slaked in what needed to get done. hardest part of the job is more pricers then people putting the actual product away. the most enjoyable part of the job was probably putting hardlines away in the bins and helping other co workers when they asked for it or not. as well as helping the DA's with the book scanning process.
Pros
repetitive and fast paced
Cons
too much work load on one to two people with product being put away.
Enjoyable
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 6, 2018
You will enjoy working with the public everyday. The elderly comes in the most and sometimes needs assistance with something on a shelf. There stories was the best part of my day.
Fun Place To Work With Very Convenient Location To My Old Apartment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 5, 2018
Overall Happy, Good Place To Work. Nice People, Nice Location, Nice Selection To Choose From (For Shoppers). Friendly and Flexible Management. Hardest Part Was Waking Up Early At First, But i got used to it.
Lack of stability and time management
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2018
I believe most of our management plays favoritism. They’re far from organized and very unstable. As an employee I have been discriminated against by the higher ups, along with given unsteady hours and much more.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
Poor management, lack of stability
Productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
It was a learning experience and I believe it helped improve my customer service. I enjoyed working as a team with my coworkers. I think that team building is definitely something that I improved n and this is due to the workspace at Goodwill.
a more relaxed job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 1, 2018
this job was not that stressful, though there were moments where there would be a rush at the cash register. The bosses were nice enough and I worked somewhat well with the workers and really well with the customers
goodwill
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 30, 2018
employees are great but the customers think that you are there to baby sit their children, act as though they are doing you a favor by their presence.
Greedy individuals
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 27, 2018
They are highly greedy and care nothing about their employees they treat people like dirt and they wonna use diversity as a front they treat people from other countries like slaves they over work you and under pay you.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
It’s all bad
Productive and a fun place to work for !
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCApril 26, 2018
Overall, Goodwill is a great place to work for especially if you like helping others. They are very flexible with their hours so you won’t have to worry about missing anything !
Pros
Christmas bonus, yearly bonus. Safety check up to $25.
Look for work here as a last resort
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 24, 2018
Not the best place to work but if you have a felony record or need to work someplace period its better then not having a job. There is a huge turnover there and associates, as well as, management come and go all the time there. You could work in fast food and make more money.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
No perks other than discount that has ridiculous stipulations to use.
Goodwill
Cashier/Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 24, 2018
A typical work day is full of things to do. There is always something to do there. The management can use some work. Pretty accepting of different types of people, disabilities, and religion..
Pros
Competition between all Goodwill Ind.
Cons
Break room and overall building
Ok for the short term
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2018
I am a Retail Associate II at Goodwill. We get good benefits but have to work hard for little pay. They change the workload everyday so some days you have to work twice as hard for the same pay. They only give you a lunch break as the took our 20 minute afternoon break away. The management is very poor and only care about profits. They say you can move up to better jobs in the company but then hold you back once they have you. I would only recommend this job for the short term as you can't move up in the company-
Pros
Benefit and discounts
Cons
No breaks and hard work load for little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K