Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 465 reviews matching the search See all 14,362 reviews
Productive Work
Customer Service Trainee (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2018
At goodwill they had a retail store where I had to help customers, take donations, clean, stock items. The teamwork was great. The manager was very helpful.
Stressful position
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2018
Goodwill always made changes on a daily or weekly basis to what their quota on having their numbers meet. Nothing ever met their requirements. If we were asked our opinions on how we could better our department we were ignored. Being vocal and trying to explain the issues in the department we worked let go from the job, schedules would be changed to make us want to leave our job. Management was always moved around to other stores.
Difficult labor, low pay, but with occasional downtime and good job consistency
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 24, 2018
Goodwill requires extremely long hours with difficult physical labor of their employees. Morale is extremely low, and turnover is very high. The typical day is ten hour shifts with one hour lunch breaks. The donations are frequently difficult to sort through and they come at a fast pace. Management style varies wildly based on who is currently supervisor, and supervisors leave almost every year. Occasionally there are long periods of downtime where employees are expected to perform site maintenance, but if all tasks are done they are usually allowed to engage in recreational activities until more work arrives. The company does consistently provide hours, and provides low but consistent pay.
Pros
Consistently provides work, occasional downtime, standard compensation
Cons
Low pay, hard labor, difficult hours
dont know if things have changed
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 23, 2018
when i worked there, the store was small, and most everyone got along. had some management that was a real piece of work. the hours were conducive to taking care of family
Tedious, slow-paced work
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHOctober 23, 2018
I stayed at Goodwill for so long because it was a good part-time job while I was still in high school. I had a great relationship with all of my co-workers and managers. They always gave me hours when I came home for college breaks. It was a very positive environment, and that was probably my favorite aspect of the job. However, I found the work itself to be very monotonous and slow, and I often spent every shift wishing my time away. While I did learn valuable customer service and people skills, I left because I saw no upward mobility in the company.
Talk in preson
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 18, 2018
As my experience as a sale associate my job title
To: Greet Customers
:Restock Items
:Work Donor Door
:Housekeeping
:Sorting
:Great Teamwork
Pros
Bring lunch
Cons
Average
calm atmosphere
customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 18, 2018
goodwill was a nice environment to work in. daily interaction with customers. light physical work within the business. nice group of people to work with.
Pros
daily contact with people, light physical work
Cons
minimum pay and lil hours
very easy job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2018
the most enjoyable part about working at this job was knowing that you are helping people in need. it was a very easy job but it seemed like every week they changed rules
Pros
work with interesting people
Cons
not enough breaks
Productive workplace
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 1, 2018
Workers and managers are all friendly and helpful and ready to get things done. Some managers are better than others with keeping personal things separate from work stuff
Energetic
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 27, 2018
The nice starting place, Well organized and pleasant atmosphere.Very friendly and patient staff who relate to many kinds of mental challenges and accommodate workers with these kinds of challenges.
Productive work place
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2018
Great learning experience and management was great. All of my coworkers worked together as a team should. And a typical day for us was to provide great customer service.
Wonderful managers and co-workers
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Macon,GeorgiaSeptember 15, 2018
A day at Goodwill was always enjoyable. You always meet new
customers. and I enjoyed talking with them. I enjoyed working
there only thing was the salary.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Salary. I felt they should pay more for the work we did.
volunteer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2018
Goodwill was a customer friendly job sadly I was not an employee I was a volunteer for there company but they had great staff and employees were incredibly kind
no raises
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2018
No opportunity for raises unless you promote but then you havetorelocate clear across town. Mananger play favorites and they dont let you give feedback without a condesending respondse
Pros
different stuff everyday
Cons
wharehouse is hit. some goals are inpossible
co-workers
Customer Service and Retail Check (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 5, 2018
It was nice to work a different with people. Liked to meet others when they came into the store. Interacting/communicating with others was nice fun to do.
Pros
discount
Cons
no benefits
A nice place to work
Customer Service and Warehouse duties (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 4, 2018
I've worked here part time, so I can't say much for their benefits as someone full time could attest to. But their hourly is great for me, and it's very relaxed here. Work is physically demanding, but it's not hard. I would recommend working here, especially if you're in school! Hours are super flexible. The people aren't dramatic, and the bosses aren't down your neck constantly. Though, I wouldn't recommend doing a bad job because of it.
Pros
Relaxed, (Sort of) easy, good people
Cons
Part - time no benefits, physical
Nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2018
Good will is the place you go to work and go home. I enjoyed working here. I did what I had to do and left afterwards. It was an ok to commute to but once you got there it was ok at times. The place was a little dusty at times but it was manageable.
Great Staff and Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2018
I loved working there the people were great and I wish I could've stayed, but I was only there on a 1 year contract to gain skills and experience, I wish I could go back
Pros
Employee Discount
Productive and fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2018
Gives a person a chance to communicate with the community and get to know people from all cultures and back rounds. Working here has you count your blessings and encourages you to help others.
Pros
The customer interaction
Cons
The customer interaction can be depressing
Friendly and helpful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colonial Drive and Murdock Street Orlando fl.August 10, 2018
Goodwill Industries was a fun place to work. I enjoyed helping all the customers, everyone was so friendly and laid back, no stress at all, everyone of staff was very friendly and helpful and recognizes the work and effort you do. There is no one on your back watching you work, they are very appreciative of the work you do. All around, I loved working there very much.
Pros
Very friendly staff and the work was quite easy.
Cons
They don't pay enough per hour and raises are scarce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K