Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Productive and fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2018
Gives a person a chance to communicate with the community and get to know people from all cultures and back rounds. Working here has you count your blessings and encourages you to help others.
Pros
The customer interaction
Cons
The customer interaction can be depressing
Friendly and helpful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colonial Drive and Murdock Street Orlando fl.August 10, 2018
Goodwill Industries was a fun place to work. I enjoyed helping all the customers, everyone was so friendly and laid back, no stress at all, everyone of staff was very friendly and helpful and recognizes the work and effort you do. There is no one on your back watching you work, they are very appreciative of the work you do. All around, I loved working there very much.
Pros
Very friendly staff and the work was quite easy.
Cons
They don't pay enough per hour and raises are scarce.
Decent hours and good management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 8, 2018
Fair conditions, open door management, sufficient breaks and lunch time, teamwork, management help as well when very busy, fast paced and busy, cross training, could work in several areas, rotated responsibilities
Pros
good shifts, able to trade hours with co-workers
Cons
not clean, roof leaked onto clothing, bad ventilation system
Strange place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 1, 2018
Management thinks they are special. They can say ANYTHING and be allowed to get away with it. Sometimes swearing on sales floor and customers had complained to me about it. Call main office.
My Experience At Goodwill
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 31, 2018
I liked working there I liked the people I worked with and the jobs I did. They are understanding of people with disabilities and helpful if you need help on the job.
Pros
Discounts, Understandable of peoples disabilities
Cons
Not much money, Heavy lifting and bending.
Decemt
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJuly 31, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time there the pay is pretty typical for a corporate store job. Less greedy than the original goodwill company but still a very greedy company.
Pros
Fun`
Cons
Low pay for the work put in
Relaxed place to work.
Casher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 31, 2018
Goodwill was fun place to get your life back on track, if you have had set backs due to life changing events or trying to better your life. The managers are all very understanding and considerate for the most part. Enjoyed it.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
No raises!
Great for someone with a disability to work at
Alberta Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2018
I have worked at goodwill for 7 years and have found it a rewarding experience in which I have been able to grow as a person. I continue to grow while I am there even though at times job growth is not there as it is a non-profit organization they en devour to help us out in whatever they can. It has been a positive experience.
Pros
I find it a friendly environment to work in
Cons
Lack of Job Growth and hours can be tough to get.
Goodwill
Commercial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  1015 Norwood Park Blvd, Austin, TX 78753July 30, 2018
I loved working for goodwill because i had a great manger and everyone was so nice and they made sure i got all of my hours. My manger was a great person because she always made sure i had all of my work hours.
work with many people
Donations/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEJuly 29, 2018
Love to work with people/customers, but inside company: Favoritism, not recognition, lock of respect advancement carrier
slavery, second degree as a human been
Work Ready
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2018
This job was a Training position,for me to see what my daily like skill would be like for me , due to my disability.
This job helped me to improved my skills in filing, and answering the phone and how to put the right information into the computer.
Pros
Learning new skills in Assisting living position
Cons
Was not able to keep this job
Loved My job at Moline Goodwill
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 20, 2018
IT was really like family and a team I loved my job at goodwill if the pay were a little more or I had the oppertunity to be a Job couch or work in the center I would go back in a second.
I was a fun workplace what the staff
Warehouse and customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2018
Enjoyed working at Goodwill seeing how the items were donated then processed then to the floor then sold. Why worked at Goodwill I learned how to work the back room and process everything and then I also learned how to cashier and work the front customer service.
Pros
Unique stuff
Cons
Some customers try to steal and change price tags
Enjoyed the people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJuly 16, 2018
Great job. like Christmas every day. Work was never the same day to day. Variety of tasks on a daily basis. Hanging, tagging, merchandising, cashier, sales floor and excepting donations were just a few of my duties.
Pros
Working with the co-workers and customers
Cons
Alot of rules were followed by management and aloud a few misbehaving.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 15, 2018
Long as you do whar you need and dont get side tracked its the best place to work goodwill has giving me so many opportunities to exercise my leader ship roles as well as exercising potential management roles
A good company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 12, 2018
My time here at this company was very heart warming and an experience I'll never forget. Maintaining the store and meeting all the wonderful co workers and customers who were there daily was really a treat of it's own.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible hours
ran cash register helped customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, OHJuly 9, 2018
I liked working at Goodwill it was just easy enough to where I could to my job. A typical day was putting clothes onto the racks on the sales floor, clean the dressing rooms, keep floor, cleaned up, and helped customers with whatever they needed.I dont think there was a hard part of my job and the most enjoyable part was making sure the customers left with a smile.
A part time job from a part time employment
Donor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 9, 2018
Job was interesting as you got to see what people left, was also frustrating as some persons considered thier trash as valuable, and became offended when you told them you didn't want it. Hot, dirty enviroment in the summer and cold in the winter requiring outside work and close proximity to other peoples belongings like clothes and linens and such.
The Never Ending Bin of Busywork
customer service (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 4, 2018
Goodwill was one of my first jobs as a teen in high school.
It was a lot of fun passing the hours cleaning and arranging and organizing all the aisles and stocking merchandise.

The entirety of the job is busywork: put out, sort, stock, clean, help out, with the occasional customer service call

The managers were really flexible with my school hours and kept the hours allowed by my issued work permit. All very professional and knew how to communicate clearly what they wanted from us and wanted to see in the store
Pros
Close to home, work experience
Cons
Being hired through an agency i only got 2/3 of what i could have been making
Decent stepping stone untill mpre work is found
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 30, 2018
This job is deffeingtly for when you need work. The pay is very low. With little room for advancement okay work if have nothing else as far as work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K