Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

goodwill overall
Goodwill customer service (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 15, 2018
this company is a ok company to work for an the people that work for the company are good people an the workplace is good an the management is ok depending on the store
My Experience at Goodwill
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Depending on which location you work, you will have a lot of donations at one time. I would suggest working quickly, and learning how to balance tending to the clothes and sorting out other donations. I heard that it's under new management, so that good! When I was working there at the time, I was told by some of the employees working there that other employees left because the managers had a hard time working the employees.
Pros
Tending to the donations
Cons
Difficult Management
easy work no hassle
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 13, 2018
this was community work to get a feel of how working in the clothing business was. I spent 80 hours of my time there and enjoyed the staff and the other service workers.
friendly workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury SAFebruary 11, 2018
It's an awesome workplace to be in and good to learn new things.

It's good to meet new people and make good friends.

Been volunteering there for almost 2 months now.
Cons
sucks in hot weather
fun job
Give the best customer service (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Good place to work cant really beat the pay not really a fan of thrifting but i managed to make top seller in the company. supervisor were cool also to me.
Hard to judge based on one location.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Very physically demanding job. Management is not flexible at all with hours or scheduling. Unrealistic shift expectations. Horrible break policy. Mediocre pay.
Great place to start for gaining job skills
CSR/Insurance verifyer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 5, 2018
Jobs were temporary overall but helped to transition into another work environment they were good about matching up people with available jobs. Wish they had more temp to hire jobs that would make a better
Pros
Ability to try other jobs than you ordinarily would.
Cons
Most jobs are temporary.
Fast pace work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAFebruary 3, 2018
Worked in different departments for Goodwill from Vocational Rehab. I've worked in donations, helping customers with purchase, pulling clothing off of floor to be sent to salvation, and last the employment center as a receptionist and customer service person.
Pros
You work together
Cons
No cons
no problem
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 31, 2018
come in set up things such as counting money to make sure my drew is correct make sure things are in or before customers start entering the store and more.
great job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 30, 2018
great job Management alway helpful
Enjoyed serving the customers, helping them with their needs,
new and diffrent items everyday.
Great hours always time off
Pros
great management
Cons
pay ok
job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, FLJanuary 30, 2018
I worked for goodwill for two years I enjoyed this job and wish I did not have to leave I worked with customers and staff and I also priced products and helped with cashiering
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJanuary 26, 2018
i love my job. It provides me with amble flexibility to do the appointments I have to keep while keeping a job as well. The people are understanding of my situation.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INJanuary 25, 2018
Goodwill had to be the worst place I had ever worked they write you up for people not donating there change. And if you clock in a minute too early you get points. And the management accuses everyone of stealing.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Stay to yourself. Have fun while working. And always greet customers with a smile. The customers and consumers are wonderful people. And the hours you couldn't beat.
Pros
Free. Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Short term work for paying bills but long term sucks the life out of you.
Customer Service warehouse (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 13, 2018
Good for short term training and building skills for batter paying jobs but to stressful and not worth it for long term. Co-workers were alright but managers can do a better job .
Pros
learning skills if you need to get a better paying job.
Cons
Managers overwork and stress out workers profits over people
I Love My Job
Sales Associate (Customer Service) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Managers are awesome and understanding. very flexible hours. Pays pretty decent for college students. can work many different tasks. discounts are great .
Great working as a team
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Great environment have some of the best days working with people that's ready for change. Have some of the best management on the job. Goodwill is the best for serving our community and people.
Pros
Have lots of pot lucks
Cons
Have some of the best retirement plans
Ideal for college students
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 11, 2018
I was comfortable at this job, but It's not a job that you'd advance in. It's good enough to get by, but you wouldn't want to stay for a long time. Other than that, my cop-workers were nice, and it was a relaxed environment even for the customers.
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 10, 2018
After a year and some we have finally gotten the hang of our Outlet store. No longer is the pricing stressful for cashiers and management is finally on the same page. It has become a great place to work.
Pros
friendly coworkers, friendly managment
Cons
rude customers, only part time avalible
I enjoy working at Goodwill
Customer Service / Donation Express Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Goodwill Is a great place to work. I enjoy going to work every day. I have been working at goodwill for almost 2 years now. I enjoy what I do. The customers are always the highlights of my day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K