Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMay 17, 2018
Of course it a thrift store so when I was working I always found things I could buy, and I met the most goofiest people while I was there. It was a lovely job but it was also my first job and I knew I was going to leave
Great work environment- outstanding employees/co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CAMay 16, 2018
I was recently with Goodwill on an OWP (organizational work program) in Monterey County. I enjoyed the work and hours were great. I gained real world work experience and build on my social communication skills. I would definitely be interested in future positions and I am thankful for all the south county staff for being great co-workers and Bosses.
Pros
Work experience and staying close to hime
its a job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 15, 2018
dirty stinky place with unknown items coming in to process. hard work with hot and cold days. good teamwork and reliable people. good amount of days closed per year
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 12, 2018
I loved working here, it was high paced, Very friendly and out going. I loved my managers they kept me grounded and continued to make the day go by faster every day with their support.
Pros
Friendship, fast pace, and motivation
Cons
A lot of hours of you don't like the job
Good Place to work
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2018
I like the easy going environment and the very professional staff in the corporate offices. I loved doing filing and data entry, answering phones. Good place to work.
Working at this company was fun experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 10, 2018
I don't have a bad reciew for this job. It was a fun experience. This job was great, my co workers were always so friend and helpful. My manager was always there for me when I needed them. My work hours were great and flexible and the customers were always so great too.
Productive and cpmpetitive work place.
Customer-Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eatonton, GAMay 10, 2018
A typical day at Goodwill would include cleaning, putting clothes on the racks, putting shoes on racks, and placing ware on the shelves.A part of cleaning would include cleaning the restrooms, vacuming the floors, and dusting the racks.
Great Company
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 27, 2018
Was a pleasure to work for. The people were friendly. Was a lot of work to do. I recommend working for this company. The environment was fun and was a variety to do & learn.
okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2018
great job to start off. provides differnet work experience needed to progress and proceed in company and everyday living . great stepping stone for fresh graduates
Ok
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 15, 2018
Good customers, nice ppl. Management slow to react and job security. I have seen hardworking people get fired because management failed to react. N
Hopeful yet sometimes difficult.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2018
I was a employee with Disabilities and it was hard getting used to everything. And also very hard to understand at times. Its very hard for me to pay attention to what i am doing so i tried to stick to one thing, and that usually helps. Otherwise the job was great, i'd do it again.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
A bit unorganized
great
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2018
i looked forward to going to work, there was consistency but you were always learning new things. piau my supervisor and sandra kept you trying new things but they allowed you to develop your strengths. you have to remember customers questions are all valid. so nothing is personal, and last of all you don't realize you may be the difference between a great or bad day for someone
Pros
i enjoyed the fellowship
Cons
short breaks
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 7, 2018
i didnt get typical day in good will,we learn a lott off things from good will,management they very nice to me,the culture if i say they training people from any kind violation good will try to recover them.as a cashier i didnt get hard time but few customers sure they will but cashier cant make 100% happy.more fun with customers and some knowledge from them.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
dicounts
Fast paced, very busy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 6, 2018
Hung clothes up, tagged them, checked people out, and unloaded all the clothes that had been dropped off. The job was fast paced and very busy. The selection of clothes was great mainly because of the side of town it was located in.
Pros
Great empoyees, make the work enviorment better.
Cons
My hours got cut back.
productive and amazing co workers
Sales Representative/Customer Service/stocking (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 6, 2018
daily we all had to greet everyone and sort clothes or whatever section of the store they assigned you to for the day. sometimes things would get hectic but as a team we always figured things out.
Pros
break
Cons
rude boss
minimum wage and over worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2018
The pay is low, your coworkers aren't great people, managers don't know what they're doing, and you're constantly covering shifts. There's zero benefits because they keep everyone on a "part time" basis but you'll be working full time hours.
Fast paced, fun, rewarding, and adventageous position.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2018
It was a good experience in helping people. I enjoyed applying my excellent customer service skills to this position. I also enjoyed the physical work. I got into great shape!
Pros
Fun, flexible working hours.
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage.
It was very positive enioment
coustomer service rep (Former Employee) –  KentuckyApril 3, 2018
It was a good place to work everyone was upbeat and happy at all times there was room for advancement in the place of business . Overall a fantastic place to work
Benefits
Cons
No baby changing stations
Had to get off my feet
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 1, 2018
I worked for Goodwill for 4 years, but finally left to find a job with less walking. Worked with many different kinds of people. Learned to do merchandising.
Very productive and had a good training program.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverton, ORMarch 30, 2018
Very fast past job and never the same job daily. The people are really nice and professional. They offer good benefits as well as a 401 K program. The people they hire are very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K