Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Cashier

Goodwill is a non profit organization. They do not discriminate when hiring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  1200 Burleson RdJuly 18, 2018
Worked as a cashier in a fast paced work environment. Very friendly coworkers . I enjoyed greeting customers and helping them enjoy their shopping experience. I learned how Goodwill helps people in their community
Pros
discounts
Cons
no raises
Stressfull workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VA 23111July 18, 2018
Management is not empathetic towards family emergencies, their focal point was in themselves and profit and not making employees resent working there.
Supportive environment not much chance to advance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
Good if you can't find anything else - Supportive management and coworkers. Not a great plan for long term. I couldn't find anything else in my field. The insurance benefits for my wife and I are good. I like the people I work with. I haven't had much luck moving up despite my Master's degree and multiple tries to get up to another position.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 12, 2018
Goodwill was a great place to work. I loved the fact that they worked with the people of the community. It was a nice work environment as well . I would recommend it.
Very fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 12, 2018
This was my very first job and I LOVED it. Not a hard place to work if your a clean and organized person. Loved the customers mostly elderly. Keeps you busy and coworkers are awesome.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
Very fast paced but good environment typical day cleaning and organization management was awesome the most enjoyable day was working with others and customers
Understaffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
Being always understaffed and made to do more than one persons job. There were times that I had to do the job of three people and no extra pay, you were lucky to get a thank you.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
horrible working conditions
My experience there was okay but i do recomend this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJuly 2, 2018
My experience there was great , i was a cashier there and i worked with money management , putting away clothing in racks , greeting customers and over all i had a great experience
Decent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 26, 2018
Decent pay for the amount of work. Good management and good benefits. Holiday bonuses are great. I enjoyed the customers and the overall working environment.
Dull, but easy work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJune 24, 2018
Very easy going job, but management doesn't seem to know what they are doing. They have this idea that they know everything and don't take lightly to anything you have to say.
Its Waco's issue.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 22, 2018
Don't be lured in by their desperation. Goodwill is itching to hire people because it is a terrible place to work.

Local management does the best they can, and the work environment is the store is very friendly and welcoming, but upper management in Waco refuses to listen to its employees, and creates an truly awful place to be.

Work for a corporate office that values it's employees. Don't work here.
very fast paced, busy enviroment.
Retail Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 21, 2018
I like my store, and where I work at. and are easy to get along with Enviroment is very good, very fast paced if you want to be quick on your toes. More of a hands on job, and you also do a variety of duties.
Decent first job, disorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 20, 2018
I got this job with no previous experience. They seem to hire almost anyone and most people leave as soon as they find a better job, so it's a rotating cast of employees. The customers were somewhat crazy but that's too be expected I guess. I got along well with co workers and managers. However, the management of the store was very disorganized. There was no online system for checking hours so unless you remember to take a copy of the scedule you won't know what time you're working. This was inconvienent. They sceduled me when I would be out of town (I filled out a time off sheet and everything) and then got mad at me for not being able to come in while across the country.
Fast paced but with few hours and no advancement or benefits.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 18, 2018
Fast paced but with few hours and no advancement or benefits. This really sums up a workers experience working for Goodwill. The monies are spent at the top but very little trickles down to employees.
Pros
Management is friendly and helpful.
Cons
Lack of hours, low pay, no advancement.
Productive and fun.
Retail Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 17, 2018
Working at this company was fun and quick paced. You work with a lot of other workers as well as handling lots of customers who shop. The hardest part of the job to me is that at times you have a long line with inpatient customers while you are the last cashier ringing up. Other than that I honestly had no issues or problems working at this company.
Camaraderie was great!
Cashier/Production line (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 17, 2018
Operated cash register, itemized and totaled purchases, for customers, Hung racks, provided customer service and carry outs when needed. Received, sorted and priced customer donations.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Sometimes not enough listened to communication with my manager.
its a good started job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 16, 2018
You couldnt go past 24 hours a week which made paying bills a little tight
you got to learn how the real world works
you had to do a lot for only being one person on the floor and having to keep watch for the floor but it was a good experience to be able learn a work ethic.
Goodwill Opportunity Campus
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2018
Goodwill is a place to start, if you are trying to build any type of skills, and offer training classes. it also helps you find jobs and help with resumes. Goodwill is growing business where you can find a career.
Terrible
Drive thru ambassador (Former Employee) –  Granger, INJune 12, 2018
Didn’t get paid enough to move all the heavy garbage and junk people brought us that eventually made its way to the garbage compactor. Management was okay except on a few personal occasions.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Terrible wage for hard work
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 10, 2018
Non stop shelving of donation items sorted by style, size, sex, and department.
Straighten fitting rooms throughout shift. Straighten shelves of household goods, shoes, nic nac's, etc.
Pros
lockers available. bring own lock.
Cons
on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K