Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Cashier

Productive and Fast paced work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, INOctober 14, 2018
Clock in; Put away clothes on racks as quickly as possible; Cashier; Customer service; Putting away wares; Pulling items with certain color tags; Cleaning sales floor; Changing end cap displays
Pros
Employee discounts and Pleasant co workers
Cons
Short breaks and low hours
okay to work at
Cashier Trainee (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNOctober 10, 2018
sometime it was busy. sometimes some of the other people i feel didn't respect me because i was disabled. so i felt out of place sometimes but the people most of the time were awesome most of the time customers were awesome overall a pretty okay place to work at.
Poor manegement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Port FloridaOctober 9, 2018
At any time you could be threatened by an employee. Some of them were scary. Management and H R did nothing about it. They do not give you your vacation days when you leave even though you earned them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor manegement and no HR follow up.
Review for Goodwill
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 7, 2018
I loved working there. It was a great learning experience. There was a lot to do while no one was in line. I liked how everyone was friendly with each other.
Pros
Meeting new people
Great job to get back on your feet
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CASeptember 30, 2018
Great job they treated me well for the time I’ve been there while going to school really nice coworkers and amazing mangement team. This job gives you a chance to learn a lot about business aspects of the company
Pros
They work with you on your schedule
Cons
A lot of the customers are rude
almost like a family in the work place
Retail processor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 27, 2018
my time working at good will were some of the most fun and challenging times that I have had. the people there are great and would behave in a good manner.
Pros
discounts at all locations
Cons
cant buy from own store other than 3 times a year
Nice Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC 29505September 27, 2018
Great place to work..Great people, understanding. Greet everyone. Help everyone. ran cash register. Hung clothes.. Clean store. Counted down cash register
Good workplace not very stressfull.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCSeptember 26, 2018
Good environment, good people to work with, my job requires a series of multi-tasking cashier, stocking the retail floor with clothing, organizing, cleaning and assisting customers. Working for goodwill updated my skills on the cash register the fun part of my job is providing service to the customers. The only down fall is the pay. I hope overtime I can have a more competitive wage increase. They also have good benefits for their full - time employees very excited.
Pros
Affordable prices. Discount for employees and good benefits.
Cons
More competitive wages.
Amazing!
Cashier. Textiles. Wears. (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 24, 2018
I loved this job and miss it so so bad. Goodwill opened so many opportunities for me. One hateful team lead made me want to leave. All in all... The job was amazing.. But when there's one sour apple in the bunch.. It makes people tend to not stick around a job as long as they'd like. I felt disrespected by one of the team leads and continued my job until I just gave in and found another job. Needless to say.. She won.
Pros
Relaxed. Everyone is friendly.
Cons
Saturday sales.
Productive fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hutto, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Goodwill was a very good company to work for.. I loved everything about it.. The management there was awesome.. The workers to.. I loved goodwill. Love
Pros
Good benefits
Challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2018
It starts off as a busy day being a processing associate, but as a cashier it's slow until mid-day depending on which Goodwill you're working at. I've learned you have to be patient with customers and to be their friend, so they can leave our store happy and satisfied. Work hard and help your coworkers if they need the help so we get the job done quicker and easier. Compared to the last Goodwill I've worked with this one is more of a cheerful place because theres no fighting or arguing. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most enjoyable part is learning how to have fun while doing this job.
Pros
The day goes by faster
Cons
I only get a 15 minute break
okay place.
Cashier/Donations (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXSeptember 17, 2018
It was a great Experience and good base for what i knew i wanted to work in. over all fun job but needed better workers that didnt hate there job so for the people that came in and wanted to work, it wasnt harder for them.
Great place to work. Management worked with me for my schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Great opportunity to advance and so many programs to help. Friendly customers and staff. It was very rewarding to help people find their treasures. Management always treating us to lunch for a job well done.
Nice co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXSeptember 11, 2018
It was a nice place to work. The manager was always very helpful and nice and understanding when a problem came along she was always there to help just as everyone else that worked there
It was a good temporary job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Goodwill is a good job for those who have flexible schedules and do not require a high pay grade. The employers are wonderful and I very much enjoy helping customers out daily. It is a very fast paced job but great for those who love to work.
Pros
Stay busy and great employers
Cons
Low pay
Manager was the only reason people stayed around
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Goodwill had no benefits.
Corporate treated everyone, even the managers, like garbage. The store was always falling apart and everyone hated working for minimum wage while digging through disgusting boxes.
Pros
Tanya
Cons
Everything else
great
Cashier/Production (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 8, 2018
Was my first job. DELIGHTED to say I was part of the team there. very simple to work there, you can ask to be cross trained. My store was always kept tidy. Just keep the store cleaned and be on your feet at all times and you'll excel.
Great if you have trouble finding work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 5, 2018
If you have trouble finding work, including felony and misdemeanor charges, you can usually get a job here. However almost every position starts at part time, minimum wage, no set hours, and no benefits. You can, however, benefit by getting into their training and certification course ran by the Excel Schools.
Pros
Usually great people to work with and possible job skills/certification courses
Cons
Low pay, low and fluctuating hours, poor communication in the management and supervisory staff, and low chance for advancement.
Middle of the road
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OHSeptember 5, 2018
The shifts were very boring most of the time, the staff was friendly and upbeat. The job in general was uninteresting, I just don't think this kind of job is for me. Otherwise, not too bad
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Standing too much, uneventful
We had a unkind manager who would talk about the workers then go tell the worker and tell them so and so said this and then sit back a
cashier, production (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 4, 2018
They care about helping other but are great in giving them self raises and forget the employees. They pick and choose who moves up. If the manager dislikes you .you don't have a chance.so you cant really say what was going on. It gives you a red flag.!!! Really you dont really want the truth.
Pros
Meeti g the customers
Cons
Everything not a happy place. Very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K