Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Attendant

Productive fun workplace
ADC donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Meet new people everyday very interactive. Fast paced work environment. Raise every six months including health benefits. Keeps you moving and seeing new items coming in everyday
Alright
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 12, 2018
People Are Alright Hours Are Good Customer Are Alright Manager Are Alright Money Is Okay I Worked There For 3 And Half Years And Then Came Back It Was Okay
Pros
Hours
Cons
Drama
Productive, at times fast paced work place with a solid team culture
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
Working at Goodwill was an overall enjoyable experience for me. The management team was great in just about every way and the team as a whole was strong. Everyone knew their roles and performed them well. During busy times of the year things could get a bit stuffy but we always made it work. Everyday I received a 30 minute lunch break and depending on how many hours I worked an additional two 15 minute breaks. I would recommend Goodwill to anyone who enjoys working with the public and meeting lots of new interesting people.
Goodwill
Collection Attendant/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work for a teenager who is starting to get out on their own. I had a great time working here, my supervisor is was understanding and very helpful.
I was too old for this job because of the heavy lifting. I was hurt and that's why I left.
DOCK ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 10, 2018
This organization helps lots of different areas of my community..I enjoyed talking with the customers dropping off items. I worked hard and lost weight. I liked the ladies I worked with.It was a comfortable place to work. My manager was awesome.
Pros
Good place to work lots of customer service skills learned
Cons
I have none
Bad managment
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJuly 9, 2018
You never knew what days you were going to scheduled or what hours you were going to work. There really not much more to say anout working for the hoodwill.
same as other retail stores
donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Goodwill is what you would expect from a second hand store. But the one I worked at actually had some pretty nice things that were donated. Some managers were ok while others were lazy.
not all that good
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZJuly 5, 2018
had to deal with the mangers never around always on there phones or messing around they would mess up your pay checks a lot and the work was very stressful especially when the trucks always got full
Busy at times
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 2, 2018
Its hard to keep pace when there not enough people working in the back on the weekends or holidays at most theres 3 to 4 people in the back. I was always on my feet there was no time for breaks
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Can get stressfull at times
Fast paced difficult to train people
Lead Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Pffggt.Supervisor wasnt what i expected, basically free for all employees do what they want to do, i even trained people to no avail total chaos and never listen goes agaiinst goodwill protocol.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Want to know more about Goodwill Industries?

Ask a question
Non apprecitiative job culture
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pahrump nvJune 26, 2018
Hard to maintain
Didn't really enjoy it
May have been better if everyone put effort into team principles and work
If you have friends there you are welcomed
No friends no chance
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Enviornment
Fast paced, productive work
DONATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 22, 2018
I would organized donated products, help customers, put products on the sales floor, and provided custodian services. The coworkers were skilled in their positions. Management seemed like the rest of the retail members, they worked just as hard as the rest of the team. What I learned is that working as team makes the job easier.
Pros
rare benefit occasions like: free gatorade for hard work
Cons
no flexible hours
Always have something to do
Donations Attendant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 21, 2018
typical duties include greeting customers, taking donations, sorting, carrying large items, communicating with the team about breaks/schedules, use of palate jack, properly identifying high value items and bringing them to management.
Pros
Never stuck doing just one thing
Cons
minimum wage no corporate ladder
Its was goood
ADC Attendant (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHJune 21, 2018
What are you doing I enjoy to working there I met good people learned and acquired other skills and met some very good people good taught me about teamwork good work ethic and great customer service overall great company
Loved it
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJune 19, 2018
I made a lot of friends there and got to meet someone important in my life now. Wouldn’t change it for a thing! I had a lot of fun and got to learn a lot of new things that will help me later in life.
Fast-paced!
DONATION ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 19, 2018
A typical day at work includes taking in donations, thanking the donors and quality sorting the items into different categories. It can be stressful when receiving a large donation (10-20 bags, multiple boxes weighing anywhere between 10-75 lbs). There'll be many times where every other donor brings in a large donation, so donations tend to pile up really fast. You do get help from other team members but most of the time it'll just be you. The backroom and the store overall is one of the smallest Goodwill stores belonging to Goodwill NCW (North Central Wisconsin) so it's easy for things to get somewhat crowded.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Stressful
goodwill
Donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 15, 2018
its a good partime job to help ends meet if youre looking for fulltime work look else where no room for advancement they do help people that has a felony
Pros
discounts
very stressful
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 11, 2018
a typical day is fast paced, manager is always breathing down your neck. In my position we did have some team work but we were always under staffed. our manager was not a people person.
Boring and a lot of older people
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 8, 2018
Im young and working with nothing but older people really got to me. Since i was the young one a lot of people thought i didnt know what i was doing or if i wasnt doing it the same way as them i was wrong.
Stressful
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 7, 2018
Never had help for anything done the weather was not a good contrast for working was not good pay for what was done and they would over work you never satisfied for work that was done
Pros
good insurance
Cons
environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K