Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

I love my job at Goodwill Job Connection
Staffing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 7, 2017
Management and training supervisor were amazing people and very intelligent and helpful. I enjoy every aspect of the responsibilities I have. I thoroughly enjoy working with the people around me.
Pros
Helping the public look for work and getting jobs for people
Cons
I dont like that this was only a 10 day assignment.
Never give raises
Clothes processor, Customer service, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Warren, PADecember 7, 2017
Relaxed work atmosphere but do not expect to advance, get raises, and benefits cost more than your paycheck. A past assistant manager quick when she got a bill instead of a check on payday.
productive fast passed enjoyable
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 7, 2017
Goodwill Industries was was of my best an most liked jobs i have had. I would love to work with them again. Within 90 days i was promoted to team lead from cashier. The manager always worked with me on available days that i could work and if something came up with my small children they were always understanding and willing to work it out on my schedule. I will say that the tardy rule is very strict and they do not let you slide on this rule at all. Overall i would love to work for Goodwill again.
Great benefits, pay is needed to be higher, and more room for advancement could be made.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 7, 2017
I would have loved to have advanced as team lead, But was placed on back burner sort of speak. I know i needed more work, I coudn't get feed back. The pay should be more cause the cost of living has gone up.
Pros
The enviroment is great.
Cons
Needs more work for advancement, and pay raises.
GoodWill
Cashier/ Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNDecember 7, 2017
THe place was great because they we're very flexible. but many managers favor others and didn't do their job very well. place was always a mess. always didn't have enough people everyday to work.
Quick pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 6, 2017
I.T was okay my least favorite honestly management was never sure of anything they never kept up with one another overall very good pricing easy work.
The participants and co-workers are great!
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2017
It is wonderful entering the building every morning with so many smiles greeting me. I am supported by management to design activities that are relevant to the individual receiving services.
Pros
Flex schedules, good support services for employees
Cons
Short break (20 min. per day), no company investment in retirement accounts
I hated the job but love the customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCDecember 6, 2017
The customers are what made my job enjoyable, My store manager was horrible she set behind her desk and did not nothing but nit pick at us employees!!
Pros
customers, Co-workers, ok discount
Cons
Manager sucked, Not enough hours, no advacements
Enjoyable Work Enviornment with low pay
Activities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2017
Working with a group of elderly individuals with DD. Classroom environment, great management and teamwork. Had great benefits, but low pay for type of work.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 6, 2017
I learned to work with people with disabilities. Able to keep a smile in challenging times. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with customers.
Great place to work.
Human Resources Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILDecember 6, 2017
I was the first face people saw when they walked in the office, I always tried to be pleasant. I learned about Unemployment Claims, FMLA, and how to Resolve Employee Conflicts. I do feel the Management could have been more helpful at times. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping other people.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Temporary Position
Great Company
SENIOR FISCAL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
A very good company to work with. Growth prospects are limited. Better salaries and fringes. Great management with commitment to the overall growth of the company
Productive environment
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 6, 2017
Goodwill Industries is a quick-paced, hard-working environment that allows coworkers to become friends easily. Sorting through donations and helping managers place valued items on the floor is routine, and keeping the store clean is, as well. Goodwill is a recommended place to work if you are looking for a secured, fixed schedule.
Pros
Spacious break room with lockers, discounts on items
Cons
Some donated items can be dirty at times, not necessarily the cleanest environment
Great People-Poor CEO
Clerical Specialist-Temp (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 6, 2017
I worked here during my disabilities rehabilitation stages. The people were great, the job was easy and great. However, after seeing and hearing about everything with their CEO and how much the company actually makes versus how much their employees make, I will never work here again.
Pros
people
Cons
pay, Ceo
Showing more appreciation to employees and compensate employees better
Retail Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
Overall working here for two years I loved my coworkers and the work environment but because of the lack of competitive pay for the amount of work done and my dissatisfaction with unrealistic company standards and expectations I'm choosing to leave a management position to find a better company to work for.
Pros
current manager is great
Cons
pay
slow paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJDecember 5, 2017
it had its days when it was fast paced but most of the time it was very slow. The pay for this job just wasnt enough for me to live adn be able to pay my bills.
Pros
give 2nd chances
Cons
not enough pay or hours
Easy going environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 5, 2017
Goodwill is generally fast paced depending on where you're at. The store I am in is an easy going work environment, however you have to be able to work fast and it is very physical.
Pros
Pto, paid 10 minute breaks, lunch, decent benefits
Cons
Very hard work for very low pay.
Towards the end poor work/life balanceq
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2017
More emphasis was being put on revenue rather than mission. Unfortunately this caused management to work longer and more days per week. It just wasn't fulfilling or fun anymore.
High Pace
Customer Service/ Cashier/ Pricer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX FM1960December 5, 2017
A typical day consisted of micro management and harassment to ensure employees weren't steeling company time or product. Researching and price comparing, and cleaning products and goods for the highest retail revenue value. The Management was horrible. The employee turn overate a good 90%. The work place culture showed favoritism, lacked in trust and integrity. Poor beliefs attitudes and behavior on the management part. You cant speak up without fear of retribution.The hardest part was making budget, which changed daily, monthly yearly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the new experiences shared with customers. Seeing some of the most fascinating items objects come through and leave a store.
Pros
Great loyal customers
Cons
Healthcare benefits, management, favoritism.
Good for people with disablities and on hard times.
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 5, 2017
They help with life skills. They have retail and janitorial work and as well as corporate work. All mostly people on hard times, disabilities and a minor criminal record.
Pros
The help they give you. Work with you on issues.
Cons
They sort pressure to give Unity Way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.