Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

I likes Goodwill Industries
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 15, 2018
I want to work in Goodwill Industries, this is a good company, I enjoyed working in Goodwill Industries. I put my best effort to work.
the people are nice and is a good place to work
Great place to get a secound chance to work a 40 hour week .
A.D.C. / Donation Ambasodor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Goodwill even today I still am proud of the great people I got a chance to work for. In a time when I was not my best that company gave me a chance to provide an honest wage for a 40 hour work week. Unfortunately with college and the cost of living I was not happy anymore aside from the lack of worrying how am I going to put gas in my car to get to work or home that day. So after trying to move closer to work in a trailer park community down the street on American Pacific my truck was impounded while I was moving therefore that created a big gap in my ability to get to work and school during that time....
Today not having that costly consumption makes my life a little more enjoyable, when 1/2 of your pay check goes to getting to and from work there is not a lot of room for pantry or living.
Pros
great people to be around
Cons
pay scale was not for me .
Supportive environment not much chance to advance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
Good if you can't find anything else - Supportive management and coworkers. Not a great plan for long term. I couldn't find anything else in my field. The insurance benefits for my wife and I are good. I like the people I work with. I haven't had much luck moving up despite my Master's degree and multiple tries to get up to another position.
No advancement oprotunities
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
No loyalty from manager very low pay compared to price of living here. I will never return to work at any goodwill location again in my life. Degrading treatment of employees.
Pros
Got a discount
Cons
Low pay not paid for work done
Too Executive Management Heavy
Not Important (Former Employee) –  Not ImportantJuly 14, 2018
The Executive Management Team is too far removed from the mission. The mission is on paper only; they need to get back to ACTUAL mission and that starts with the impacted people having a bigger voice than the top - with the monies & the resources allocated accordingly. The CEO and the rest of the executive team should take a pay cut and pay the REAL workers more.
Pros
The People, The Mission
Cons
The Executives
Good people all working together to make the community a better place.
Assistant Facility Manger (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 14, 2018
I wish there would have been better upper management. I felt like something's got lost between lower management and upper management. Overall was a great place for me to work and gain some great experiences.
Place for disabled and displaced workers
Sales Associate/Hardlines Pricer (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 14, 2018
The quota for pricers in hardlines are ridiculously high. Employees are treated poorly if their numbers are not where they need to be. There is a very high turn over rate due to overworking their employees in the warehouse. People are made to feel disposable rather than important. Some of the management staff is quite unprofessional due to how they share information about other employees about their performance if it is not up to quota standards. Employee's are talked to in front of others rather than brought into a private area. Management is not encouraging to help those who are struggling along. I would not recommend Goodwill for a long term position. However, to gain experience and to re-enter the workforce if a person has not been employed for a block of time, it is overall a good place to start so you can obtain some type of salary.
Pros
Low Level Employee's are good people
Cons
Management team can be unprofessional, Quota's are nearly unobtainable, Employees are overworked
you ether are or not goodwill
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 14, 2018
Goodwill is a great place to work at. You will have to be a strong person to be able to weather different types of personalities there.
I cant really give much details because you will have to take that leap of faith to see if Goodwill is the right fit for you.
Pros
very good pay for management
Cons
you can lose your job at anytime.
average good company
job training (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 13, 2018
nice pay and benefits but lacks in customer service and values. low and disrespectful employees that don’t respect the work trainers. Very mean managers. i dont like mean managers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad employees
My Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJuly 13, 2018
my review is that its a nice first job to have but to many lazy workers which they put all the work on one person and don't do any work, especially the manager not doing anything to fix the situation , as i always came in they would leave everything to me to put away and clean while they talked in the back of the store, as i told the manager about it he didn't seem to do anything so that's why i quit.
Pros
rewards for hardwork
Cons
laziness, unsanitary
Make money for richer people
Processor (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 13, 2018
This type of work is all about running you ragged, and paying you as little as possible in order to make a large amount of money for the company. You are being paid to suffer, that is what matters.
Pros
Good, understanding manager
Cons
Terrible assistant manager
A fun and great team
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 13, 2018
The job is not the that hard. There is a dependable staff and a friendly environment. As long as you are on task and friendly, every task will be a breeze.
Its a good place to work overall
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 13, 2018
It's a good place to work overall. The prices for their product is super cheap..and I love the way we get recognized for our accomplishments for the change round up for example to help get people off the streets and help them with jobs good and ECT.
Pros
25 percent discount
Cons
Short breaks
Company began process of structure negative change.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 12, 2018
To many changes in management and new CEO. Too much employee turn over. Employees not happy with working conditions and changes implemented by the new CEO.
Alright
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 12, 2018
People Are Alright Hours Are Good Customer Are Alright Manager Are Alright Money Is Okay I Worked There For 3 And Half Years And Then Came Back It Was Okay
Pros
Hours
Cons
Drama
Not a welcoming workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 12, 2018
Not very helpful workplace. Everyone is basically for themselves. The job and hours are not consistent at all, and not very many people get along there unless you've worked there for a while.
an Ok place to work but staff is underpayed
Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 12, 2018
it would be a good place to work if they would just fix what needs to be fixed. the air is out there so its hot in there all the time. to many bosses telling everyone what to do. i would not recommend that job for anyone.,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 12, 2018
Goodwill was a great place to work. I loved the fact that they worked with the people of the community. It was a nice work environment as well . I would recommend it.
Great place to work!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time working there! I had wonderful mentors who helped my push forward in my career. The culture was focused on customer service and family oriented.
Very fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 12, 2018
This was my very first job and I LOVED it. Not a hard place to work if your a clean and organized person. Loved the customers mostly elderly. Keeps you busy and coworkers are awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K