Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Learning Technologies Specialist (Current Employee) –  Menasha, WIJuly 10, 2018
I enjoy working for Goodwill of North Central Wisconsin. We work hard but it is so rewarding. I like the work that I do and the people with whom I work with. Our culture is amazing and I like the flexibility I am offered.
Productive and adaptable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 10, 2018
The typical day at GoodWill would mainly be something along the lines of staying behind a counter, helping a customer find a product they'd like along with showing them around the store if needed. Keeping tags and tabs on a few key details along with confidential secrets I don't believe the company would want shared.
Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAJuly 10, 2018
Love working for this company and would love to work for this company again people were great and is great to there employees and customers I truly like this company.
educational
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 10, 2018
My time here was short, fun and educational. I had never done any type of factory work so this was new for me. As jobs go it wasn't the worst I have ever had. I worked hard every day hoping to be hired in permanently, but was not. I still enjoyed the people I worked with and I enjoyed learning something new.
Goodwill
Collection Attendant/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work for a teenager who is starting to get out on their own. I had a great time working here, my supervisor is was understanding and very helpful.
Great pay, but management can be unprofessional
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 10, 2018
The pay was great and the hours were amazing depending on if the manager liked you or not. Management would show favoritism to certain workers. They would cut back or increase your hours depending on who you are. A lot of personal mixing with business which leads to drama.
Understaffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
Being always understaffed and made to do more than one persons job. There were times that I had to do the job of three people and no extra pay, you were lucky to get a thank you.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
horrible working conditions
It was a fast work place
Hanger (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 10, 2018
I learn to hang clothes speak to people get up early to be to work got to meet new peoplw help them find things they need take things to the floor to hang up put clothes by there color in size from long to short shirt in pants the job was quick in fast to do
Pros
Lunch breaks were great
Cons
They were short
I was too old for this job because of the heavy lifting. I was hurt and that's why I left.
DOCK ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 10, 2018
This organization helps lots of different areas of my community..I enjoyed talking with the customers dropping off items. I worked hard and lost weight. I liked the ladies I worked with.It was a comfortable place to work. My manager was awesome.
Pros
Good place to work lots of customer service skills learned
Cons
I have none
not what it appears to be
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 10, 2018
there is a lot of misinformation and corruption throughout the business. Cant trust no one. They try to act like a big business but there are to many chiefs and policies are constantly being changed with little information or help to accomplish what is needed.
Pros
Cons
hard work, low pay, poor working conditions, poor upper management
Very fast work pace. Also very awesome people, its like family there.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2018
Very fast pace job. You could he pricing wares or hanging clothes. Or you could be running the clothing racks or ware racks out to the sales floor and put them in the correct spots. Even go on register from time to time. Very fun but can also be streassful at times but customer service is always #1.
Pros
Paid vaction/holiday, sick pay, health coverage even for part time
Cons
Sometimes it can seem over bearing
Fun Place
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Always hire full time but compensation is low. Its pretty stress-free and I enjoyed learning for some amazing leaders. Guaranteed hours and easy work.
Caring and relaxed environment
Data Entry/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. They care about all people no matter the race, creed or color and cater to those with disabilities. I was very impressed with this company because I thought they only sold second hand clothes. Goodwill is much bigger and better then that. They are a business with a heart for working class people and they are truly making a difference.
Pros
Very positve
Cons
The only down side is that there aren't more Goodwill locations.
Great place to wish i would have never left
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working there I'd love to go back. Everyone was nice and as long as you did your job they left you alone. Nice place to work for. Meet lots of nice people.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Left for better health insurance
Ehh
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJuly 9, 2018
Working at goodwill can be great when you have the right management team. When I first started working here it was great, they had awesome managers who always had everything in order. It was just this past year in 2017 where we had new management and it went downhill everything was disorganized. We didn't have any sense of communication between management and the employees. The way they took care of drama was honestly terrible. I guess it depends on your management.
Pros
Awesome people, great benefits, friendly people, hours
Cons
management
I loved working with the employees but the management I didn't care for
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXJuly 9, 2018
A normal day I usually closed. I would check my employees making sure they were ok.
Then start my duties.
I learned how to organize clothing and tag it.
Versatile
Firing Someone
Working Donations
Pros
employees were cool
Cons
I worked alot
love my coworkers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJuly 9, 2018
great people to work with. love my coworkers and the managers. very relaxed atmosphere with great people. some of the customers are like family. overall a good place to work
Bad managment
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJuly 9, 2018
You never knew what days you were going to scheduled or what hours you were going to work. There really not much more to say anout working for the hoodwill.
Dock worker
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2018
No diversity the management was mean they don't work around your schedule at all the staff was not friendly no overtime was open ever we did not work as a team the boss never said anything to me it was very hard to work there
Productive and clean, some fun,
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 9, 2018
Reason I am looking into a new job is that I want to do something fresh, new, and fun exciting job that works as a team and show compassion to others and be like a family.
I have worked for Goodwill for 13 yrs. And I just want to explore new jobs and meet new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K