Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Most of my co-workers were difficult to work with.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2018
Co-workers treated the clients as if they didn't need any type assistance. They would treat clients as if it was a waste of time to help them. I had to leave only after a short time.
Stressful environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHOctober 12, 2018
Too much turnover, do not care enough about current employees, very little pay for a lot of work. Management is a joke, do not listen and do not properly promote from within.
Contract Sales Manager
Contract Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 12, 2018
great location
work/life balances are wrong
poorly managed, do not listen to suggestions. Metric driven cookie cutter execution programs.
Most revenue driven from gifts. The division managing contracts has to be performance driven. I don't think they ever got that
Pros
convenience
Cons
yellow brick road. do not vary from it
the job was fun exciting well experienced the training classes were unbelievably exciting helpful I met great people that helped me with anything I ne
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
Goodwill Industries is the best place to work great training great people everything is unbelievably from training to on the spot the managers help with anything you need to get breaks paid time off vacations assemblies it's just a really great place to work you look forward to going to work everyday seems Smiles on your faces the people coming to work are great helpful understanding outgoing.
Pros
you can move up fast and have a grate Christmas party.
Cons
they don't give you maternity leave I know from experience and then they don't retire you afterward.
Good job not enough hours dor me.
Store Janitor (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 11, 2018
Quick paced retail environment. They told me what to do and let me just do it when I was cleaning. When I was asked to work at another position there was more pressure to produce.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Not enough hours after cuts
management was horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gaston County, NCOctober 11, 2018
i was there for a year and there was an insane amount of drama sexual harassing and other issues. after my year mark the manager gave ma a raise he was a new manager who had just started and only gave me a 20 cent raise because he said he didn't know me very well to know if i was a good worker. you didn't get Christmas eve off if the weather was bad and it was dangerous to come to work they didnt care, if you had a family emergency they didnt care.
Pros
christmas off
Cons
short breaks, bad management, horrible, raises
Fun place to work with kids
After School Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Helped kids with homework. I liked doing activities with the kids outside and in . Played games as well as educational ones. Did sign in / sign out with parents
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No breaks
Business Intern
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Falls Creek, PAOctober 11, 2018
The offices were great to work in - I learned a lot about non profit. The stores in my area were also nice to work in - friendly staff and management.
was an ok place
Job Coach Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time while there, but they took the word of a consumer over mine.Many wonderful people there to work with but not there now. I enjoyed my job there.
Productivity is their only goal
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2018
Goodwill does not offer activities that will link the employees together. They are strict on productivity but does not offer the necessary tools for the completion of the job.
great people to work with
Associate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAOctober 11, 2018
Received donation and processed,stocked front of store,run cash register as needed,close out receipts at end of day,lock up and go home. friendly people to work with and great management.Enjoyed pace of work and varied job duties.
Pros
good people to work with, varied job duties
Cons
low pay
goodwill
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
Complete the financial transaction of purchasing a meal during the designated meal period.
Keep accurate records of meal purchases by Military and Civilian personnel at the Galleys of Naval Station Great Lakes. Maintain proper cash controls required under the SOP's for Galley Operations.
Ensure that the proper
A normal work day
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Pequannock, NJOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work is me setting up my employees in the correct position or station to effectively meet our goal for the day. We have an overall budget for the day which in turn gives us our daily numbers in textiles, accessories, bin goods and wares that we have to produce for the day to meet our budget. So in my back room I have to make sure my employees with disabilities are in positions to effectively run the store while also not making them overwhelmed with whatever the problem may be. In the front of the store I have my cashiers and floor people in their correct positions to put away what has been produced and put away before the end of the day. Depending on my shift I open the store and handle all the registers and paperwork, and if I'm closing I handle all the money, make the deposit, and handle the night time paperwork. In between all that I spend most of my time doing the heavier work in the back to keep it running smoothly or filling in positions if I do not have enough personnel. My time in my position has shown me great responsibility and leadership skills. It was a great learning experience and will help me greatly in my future.
Pros
Experience
not worth it
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
all the work that is needed to be done did not add up to the pay u could be working outside in multiply position in the company different location all for minimum wage
Pros
consist work
Cons
everything
okay to work at
Cashier Trainee (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNOctober 10, 2018
sometime it was busy. sometimes some of the other people i feel didn't respect me because i was disabled. so i felt out of place sometimes but the people most of the time were awesome most of the time customers were awesome overall a pretty okay place to work at.
Poor manegement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Port FloridaOctober 9, 2018
At any time you could be threatened by an employee. Some of them were scary. Management and H R did nothing about it. They do not give you your vacation days when you leave even though you earned them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor manegement and no HR follow up.
Poor Management and low pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 9, 2018
I don't believe the pay rate was worth while for this position. There is no room to move up or get a pay raise... I was treated poorly by management. This is a fairly fast paced job and I was often being told to do multiple things at one time. Needless to say there was a lot of micro-managing. Break room and store are very dirty. On the plus side, the employees were great to work with.
This Goodwill that I worked is for disability employees
Snack bar (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 9, 2018
I was trained there to work different jobs I've worked in the kitchen I worked at the snack bar I worked as a reception I worked in conference I served food there prep food I also sold stuff at the snack bar and I organized and answered phone calls I also cleaned as in janitorial vacuum to mop and clean the restrooms
Its a safe and great place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
The work place make u love being a part of there team based company , great as a first job . U would really like coming to work everyday from start to finish.
Poor Pay
General Employee (Current Employee) –  Whitehouse, OHOctober 9, 2018
The people are nice, but there is not enough workers and those that are there are not given enough hours. Managers are forced to keep hours down, but gets upset when things are not finished. An 8 hour job can not be done in 4 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K