Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,349 reviews
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2018
It was great working with my clients and they were fun to be with. I work part time while I was going to school. It is a place to grow and share my life experiences in working with older people.
Garbage
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 7, 2018
Managers are garbage. they make rules they dont follow when they want. when closing it doesnt matter how you do it as long as it gets done ASAP. The rules strictly apply to those the managers dont like or want to get rid of. They say people can leave early when work is completed but turn around and say you cant leave you gotta do a bunch of other things first bc someone else couldn't do their job right and they dont expect them to do their job well. The employees are okay when they keep up with work but most people are lazy and do not care. they do the bare minimum which makes the store look like garbage.
Pros
Paid sick leave for part timers
Cons
can only use 40 hours of Paid sick leave, you will recive points for calling it PSL after the 40 hours
Fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 7, 2018
Goodwill is a fast pace work ..management is awesome to work with employees r nice ....lots of stuff to keep.u busy .. the regulars customers r super nice
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Im not sure
Fun, easy place to work!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 7, 2018
Love this job and my managers! Easy to learn and catch on and the people are super friendly. Not hard word at all but it has it’s moment. Laid back environment full of caring people!
A unique blend of chaos and mismanagement.
Retail Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2018
Retail with a slice of chaos. A typical day is spent hopping from one self made crisis to another, all the while being told to sell more. Completely retail focused they have become a 'big box store'.
Life changing
Clerical Inturnship (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2018
Goodwill has place me at the Indianapolis Urben League. It has has been a wonderful experience learning the office environment. The work here has inspire me to go back and complete my degree and pursue a career in life coach.
Pros
People you meet
Cons
long time at key board
Not very well organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
Perfect job for high schoolers. Minimum wage pay for over work with no recognition or chance of advancement. Impossible to make a living working full time.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Clock out for breaks, management never in agreement
Good Place to Work
Temporary Assignment as administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working with the Goodwill Staffing Service. Nice people and great goals. They remembered you and helped you achieve your goals. The pay was fair in some cases.
Pros
Over all, it was pretty awesome.
Cons
No support for the employees. No one to back them in cases of unfair workplace incidents.
Repetitive
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 7, 2018
Honestly the schedule was set up to where everything had to happen at a certain time setting. Knowing that made it quite relaxing to prepare and prevent.
Pros
Healthcare, Always busy
Cons
Breaks and Hours
Not worth it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 6, 2018
They will tell you anything you wanna hear but never trust it to stick. They have ridiculous expectations for the amount of pay. The turn over rate is hilarious. Management will stab you in the back for a donut and treat you like your a child. Your coworkers will do nothing but talk badly about you. If money is what your looking for it's the place to go cus they will hire anyone, but be prepared to either be fired over a line of bs or quit because you'll hate your everyday life.
Average
ADT Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2018
Goodwill provides employment for most disable participants which motivates them to be positive and productive at their own pace. Management needs to treat staff supervisors with more respect.
Pros
My job position was rewarding
Cons
Employee Frequent Replacement
This was a stressful job with little benefits.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 6, 2018
The environment was stressful with little to no acknowledgement of doing a good job. The company rules and guidelines were never explained. The store manager was rude to her employees.
okay
Processor (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHNovember 6, 2018
fellow co-workers were my favorite part. the job itself is monotonous and mundane, however there are many opportunies the company offers and I like that it is non profit.
Cons
repetetive work
good company to work for,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 6, 2018
flexible schedules, clean and nice work environment. get along well with co workers. Donations are much appreciated. Management i vey flexible when it comes to scheduling
Pros
20% off shopping
Cons
short breaks
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, CO 80913November 6, 2018
As I was contracted by Goodwill. I did not work in any of their retail stores. I filed paperwork. I found the atmosphere nice and quiet to let me get my work done. Other Employees great to work with.
Horrible place to work
Production/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
I wouldn't want anyone to work here , the only good thing is that if your into fashion you get first dibs on all the high end vintage items that come through the door before they hit the floor . The checks never come when they say their suppose to
Pros
You can first dibs on things
Cons
under paid and over worked
a very good starter job for teenagers and students
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNNovember 5, 2018
This is a very good place for a teenager or student. For someones first job this is the place to be! I think that this is a good way to get work experience. Managers and Co-workers are very patient with mistakes. But if you're looking for a long term career here I don't recommend this place. Very limited full-time positions and they are the only ones that get benefits. Pay is also pretty low compared to competitors.
Pros
Patient co-workers, good place to start
Cons
Limited full-time positions, minimal pay
The quicker you worked, the more you got payed.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 5, 2018
I worked mainly in one area. I was the 3rd. highest paid worker in the shop. I was sometimes moved to other areas when the production demands warranted demanded.
Good Beginner r Job
Processor (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 5, 2018
Working with Goodwill is a great job if you are just starting out in the job field. Not easy at all to move up in the company endless you know the right people. Its a steady job if you are fresh out of high school or a college freshmen but if you are trying to support yourself on just good will its hard. If you start off at part-time its hard to go full-time. The managers are fun but do take their job seriously.
Maquinas de snaks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 5, 2018
Falta de valorizacion del trabajo y falta de comunicacion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K