Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Financial. Benefits
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 18, 2018
Needs To Improve The Pay Grade. Have More Full Time. Longer Lunches. Off On Certain Holidays. Move Employees up Inside The Company Instead Of Going Outside The Company.
Pros
Good To Get Experience
Cons
Bad Pay Grade
Nice place to work.
Donations Attendant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 18, 2018
Very interesting work , working with the general public accepting donations and working with handicapped people was very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was loading the trucks for shipment to other stores.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Not enough hours
Improvement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
All retail has room for improvement. The pay need to increase. McDonald's pay their employees more. Safety of others needs to be met for the store more concern about making the money than the mission we up hold for our community.
Job oriented and fun
Office Mgr (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 18, 2018
This is a new experience for me and I have come to really love my job. The people I work with are fun to be around. I pretty much run the show/ (lol). Looking forward to be hired on permanent basis.
Pros
The work place is enjoyable
Cons
N/a
What it’s like working at goodwill
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2018
It’s a pretty nice job for th most part you see slot of new faces it can get a lil out of hand but a experience . One ting there is no time to be lazy your on your feet constantly moving heavy bins or picking stuff off the floor or even working in the back .
Pros
Educational advantages
Cons
Hours
friendly teamwork
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time as an employee but would like to try a different field. Goodwill is open to hiring individuals with special needs or intelluctal disabilities. Which is much appreciated.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMay 17, 2018
Typical day was operating registers and putting away the merchandise that are in the carts. The store manager was very rude but the other supervisors were nice and friendly.
Pros
gave you hours if you need them
Cons
low pay, strict
very fast pace job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 17, 2018
I mostly racked alot of clothes probaly about 8 racks a day. Also clean the floors and the back rooms. 2 days out the weeks ill be on the cash regiser sometimes more
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 17, 2018
U have a good work day . u get along with the workers they are every friendly . willing to help . the managers are great n understand ur life problems
cool people to be around
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2018
I enjoy working at the goodwill i was able to help so many people that actually needed my help.I truly enjoyed helping people there it really feels good giving back
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough work
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMay 17, 2018
Of course it a thrift store so when I was working I always found things I could buy, and I met the most goofiest people while I was there. It was a lovely job but it was also my first job and I knew I was going to leave
It was fun but there are things that could be worked on
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSMay 17, 2018
I didn't learn very much. The assistant managers are fantastic but the manager I had really didn't do anything for me or helped me advance in any way.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Short breaks and not a good place to work pregnant
A Fun and Busy place to work
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 17, 2018
Coordination of Retail sales floor and the ware house. Training cash handling skills to new employees, manager on duty when needed. Daily Banking deposit. Scheduling, some bookwork.
Pros
Helping people in the community.
Cons
Poor management
would not recommend
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAMay 17, 2018
there is little communication between management and workers. workers are not taken seriously. New managers are not fit to be in charge. i am grateful that they helped me start my career and 2 managers are good. but overall not efficiently ran and workers are not taken seriously. Co workers were also good
Pros
discounts i guess
Cons
pretty much everything else
Outlet's Suck
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 17, 2018
Goodwill outlet's are just rough to be at
Not the way it's run but just the culture it creates in shoppers.
Hardest part of the job is always the customers.
Fyi
Employment Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMay 17, 2018
everyone is replaceable regardless of work ethic
very structured
no promoting within
remember to document everything in a personal journal(you will need it)
productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 16, 2018
The enjoyable part of the job is who i work with.. A typical day is busy. i enjoy the customers that come in. The hardest part of the job is having different tasks from different people.
Pros
discounts
A stepping stone to another job
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2018
It is best to view working here as merely a place to find another. It is not a pleasant environment and one cannot advance in the position. It did teach me much, but mostly in things that I do not wish to have in my job, such as how to handle an extremely intensive workspace and juggling multiple responsibilities. It is too bad, however, that mastering these skills are taken for granted. Workers are often expected to accomplish the tasks of two people, due to inconsistent and demanding management and to the constantly fluctuating personnel.
Productive fun working place
Stocker, Clerk Position, Goodwill (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAMay 16, 2018
Goodwill is a well structured job with simple guidelines. Consistent structure and employers are very nice. Quick paced work but its okay to take your time if your new to the job. Job is simple and if you dont know what to do then just ask. Manager is very friendly.
changes not for the good
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  wisMay 16, 2018
When I was hired to be a team leader I believed that Goodwill sought to elevate people through training in retail skills. Unfortunately, that is merely a cover story since I have realized that only a minimal amount of revenue generated actually is directed to help people with disabilities. Go beyond the eloquent public facing propaganda that professes such great humanitarian efforts to see the internal dissolution of programs and participants which were cut from budgeting while expansion costs for new locations received additional funding. While the organization does redirect many tons of unwanted product donations from ending at the landfill fulfilling the green value. However, as the company continues to grow, adding more overhead costs, one must consider what happened to helping our communities rather than helping self?
Pros
insurance
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K