Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Terrible Pay
Processor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 14, 2018
I was paid the minimum wage for the state of Kentucky. It was barely enough to get by on. BARELY. I would have stayed at the job if they were at least willing to give people more hours or make people full time.

There were manager and supervisor positions but they paid barely above what I was making and still had about the same amount of hours.

The facility I worked at was also responsible for processing two other stores' inventory. They kept pushing us to do more and more and more but didn't offer raises, bonuses, or more hours for our accomplishments.

Basically, we broke our backs and they kept adding on more work without any sort of compensation.
Pros
coworkers, more free time outside of work
Cons
terrible pay, hard work with no benefits
A good place to work
Material Processor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 14, 2018
This was a great place for me to work. It is a great place to work if you need help transitioning back into the workplace. There are always things to do to keep the store clean and organized and make sure there is always plenty of new items for customers to shop.
Busy
Stocker/Door Donor (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 14, 2018
I worked as a door donor and that in detail was when customers dropped off their items I would have to clean the items up and decide if they were sellable
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
Goodwill Of Monocacy Valley
E-commerce (Former Employee) –  400 Church Street, Frederick, MD 21793February 14, 2018
I had worked from the bottom up at Goodwill of Monocacy Valley for 2 years. I started off working over-time right of the bat. I was giving lots of cross training because I asked for it. This company even sent me out for 4 days for additional training at a different Goodwill in Orange County California to learn about Ecommerce. I had worked in 4 out of their 8 store locations and as well as a starting team member in their now ever expanding ecommerce division at Goodwill of Monocay Valley. In the end I wasn't giving the advancement I was told multiple time I would receive by upper management. I saw new faces coming in and taking higher titles/duties I was told I would receive by managers. I left because I desire advancement in title, pay for the hard work and skill I have shown at my job. If you need a job, in-between job, or job training Goodwill is the place to go. There local job center is nice and in fact I am using it right now. :)
Pros
Good starting job, Good inbetween Job, Good training, Competative Pay, Lots of help, good work hours
Cons
Poor communitcation skills, lack of advancement, Lots of promises but no dilievery.
cut throat
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2018
cut throat enviorment no advancement or decent training. Over worked underpaid managers were the worst experience cause they have favorites and love gossip .o
Pros
job
Cons
lack of opprotuniy
Working at Goodwill has it's ups and downs
Clerk Processor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 14, 2018
.A typical day would include me starting one task, just to be called to yet another task, yet again to be called to be cashier all while I was suppose to get my work done.
I love working there, but the money is not enough
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 13, 2018
I love working there, but the money is not enough. I would have stayed if I hadn't found something else, The people I worked with were great...team players!
Pros
The people I worked with were great!
Cons
Short breaks and low pay
easy work no hassle
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 13, 2018
this was community work to get a feel of how working in the clothing business was. I spent 80 hours of my time there and enjoyed the staff and the other service workers.
Fast paced work, decent pay
Cashier/Book Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOFebruary 13, 2018
This was a fast paced, ever changing work environment with a dedicated and goal driven team. The work done here is not only a benefit to the community but gives employees unique work experiences to prepare them for future careers.
Pros
Occasional monthly bonuses, lots of overtime offered, occasional company outings
Good job for entry level work or work experience.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Goodwill is a good job for people wanting to get a feel for work or for working a relatively simple part-time/full-time job. I had a good experience working there, but felt I was ready to move on. Full-time workers do get benefits, but I only worked part-time. Not a lot of opportunity for promotions, only the ability to move up to a higher level position, but in my opinion they don't pay enough for the work required.
i loved it and wanted to make it a a carreer.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 13, 2018
I wanted to be a company person and get promoted. I recommend it to all who want it. i would be there is this computer didn't take so much time and you have to do it to get a job anymore.
Pros
free lunch, free fun, exercise
Cons
hated the bad stuff that anyone would.
Excellent place to work
Director of Youth Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Very important mission. Dedicated and passionate staff and management. Several opportunities for professional growth and development. It's a very large organization and could sometimes feel too corporate.
Fun work place
Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORFebruary 13, 2018
It was fun seeing all the different things come in everyday. The pay wasn't great until you moved up in the company which takes a lot of time to do. The benefits were pretty great though.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
It was a good staffing agency to work for
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2018
The company was good to work for and I got to work with large reputable companies which afforded me employment opportunities but I needed steady employment so I had to go elsewhere
Pros
I got to work with large reputable companies
Cons
The employment wasn't steady through the staffing agency
I loved it BUT...
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 13, 2018
I started working at goodwill in 2014 and loves it until we got a completely new set of managers who decided to change literally everything and ran our store into the ground. BRING ME BACK!
Pros
You've always got something to do.
Cons
Sale saturdays are a struggle sometimes
a typical day at work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 13, 2018
You're going to have foot pain. It kills me to stand on those hard floors eight hours a day. Not worth working here for a measly 9.25 an hour. The least they could do would be giving us a living wage.
Cons
short breaks
Different
Goodwill (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2018
Different environment than other companies. They process things in the back but they are all in different sections. It's all donations they recieve and that is what they process.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Donation center is the main source for the Goodwill Industries. This is where most of the merchandise is generated. It is then sorted and distributed to be priced, and then is sent to the floor associates to be placed in the store. This is a very fast paced operation.
The management is very detailed and strict. There should be a better training system for management.
The staff are hard working , fun, and love their jobs.
Pros
Great employee discounts, health insurance
Cons
Minimal pay
fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2018
fun place to work meet new people love their mission statement many locations to work at or shop at love the fact that the pay is great and you get paid time off employee discount
A good place to get back in to the work force
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Goodwill is a good place to work if you are starting out or reentering the work force. you can learn a lot about retail in a short time. you will learn how to deal with all types of people and retail products
Pros
easy job, good pay and benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K