Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYDecember 13, 2017
it's a good company to work for. I don't like the upper managements ways of not paying attention to smaller store that are struggling. Overall it's a great place.
awful
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CADecember 13, 2017
The management is the worst I've ever heard of, yet alone experienced! I will never work there ever again! I suggest nobody else ever work there either!
Pros
Coworkers were amazing!
Cons
Everything else!
Goodwill Treats their Employees Great
Collection Attendant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 13, 2017
My time at Goodwill was Awesome. It is the best job that I have ever had. The Management is awesome, the other employees are really friendly. The only complaint I ever had was I felt I wasn't paid enough/ didn't have enough help to run my part of the store
Fun Job
Merchant Services (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 13, 2017
Meet new people and share your days with the other employees. I like the staffing really appreciate the opportunity Goodwill offers. I would recommend to a friend.
Pros
Growth
Cons
good environment to be in
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2017
I didn't work for Goodwill for long but while I was there I had people around me that taught me a lot about the job and the good things about working there
Fun workplace with poor management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PADecember 13, 2017
Goodwill was an easy place to work but very repetitive. The management had difficulty running the store adequately.They were quick to blame others when mistakes were made. The other employees however made it a fun work environment.
Pros
advancement oppurtunities
Cons
Poor management
on hands job
SORTER/PRICER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 13, 2017
Hands on job, a lot of cleaning and organization of store clothes. Warehouse experience may be best for this type of job in this environment. Customer services also may be required
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 13, 2017
Very quick paced
Very hands on
good environment
Good co-workers
Good management
Decent amount of work load
Reasonable hours
Decent pay
Team work makes the Dream works
Lead Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 13, 2017
Excepted to work under understaff and and very little to no management

The peers and coworkers were nice to work with and encouraged each other daily

The hardest part of the job was interviewing for multiple jobs for advancement and being told i am better suited in what I do now

The most enjoyable part of he job was promoting job fairs and hiring events to assist people with gaining suitable employment.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo New YorkDecember 13, 2017
Good job and nice people to work with very friendly and professional environment. Good hours and decent pay. Decent amount of breaks easy going work place
Good place to work in the beginning, after time not worth it
Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Central NC areaDecember 12, 2017
They claim to offer benifits but that is only for full time employees. They are not flexible as far as working other jobs along with theirs. Their only concern is MONEY! For a company that claims to want to help people they have hard time helping employees who want to better themselves ( people that go to college) they intentionally schedule people on the day they have classes. Not to mention I've seen 20 employees leave or resign in two years. The rules change almost every month managers sit in the office all day and only come out to bother you and take breaks when they do come out. If they offer you a chance to move up you better do it even if it is out your way or it will take a regular employee for years to reach 10/hr. Even for the jobs that are the hardest like donation attendant...and you would think that the individual that brings in all the free stuff in would be some of the most important people in the company. ..nope. Not enough people to help with loading and unloading heavy items...corporate employees enjoy there weekends but a company that was established with Christian principals makes there regular employees work Sunday's and are too greedy to close. While a for profit business like Chic fil a at least some of them are closed. BOYCOTT GOODWILL INDUSTRIES the rich are getting rich and the poor are getting rundown to the bone!
Pros
Benifits, Pto
Cons
Inconsitency from corporate to retail management, greedy company, lack of pay or promotion
The store I worked at it was a great great place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TXDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for them very much. I loved our customers.i love the idea of the jobs they help disabled people get.the services they have for the community to use
Horrible management and leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2017
The work environment was horrible. Manager managed through fear. I have never worked in an environment this bad. I would rate below 1 star if I could.
Strict
Donations Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2017
No raiaes, low pay, no overtime, cutting discount card, sloppy stores, higher prices, no standards on donations, not family friendly not flexible ....
Pros
Cons
Pay
Rewarding and opportunities are endless
I.T. Instructor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 12, 2017
Goodwill is open to understanding employee's perspective and ideas.
Goodwill provides good feedback on performance and are very supportive of your work. Goodwill is accommodating to ensure that you have everything that is needed to perform your job.
Goodwill is encouraging and I appreciate their company values.
Goodwill provides opportunities at all levels, they are a great place to work.
Hated working there
Associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEDecember 12, 2017
Goodwill is a awful place to work. They only care about numbers and not there employees, if a high school student wanted a job don't go to goodwill they wont work with you on a schedule to work with school.
Temporary Position I loved
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 12, 2017
Holy cow man! This place was great to work at. Wow I dunno why this is required but this is hilarious. Umm... I liked all the doods & doodettes there & my mistrust & disdain for 'the Man' has been lessened slightly by the Man...agement at this establishment. (:
Pros
Caring upper employees, somewhat flexible schedule, Kamehameha, not-too-rushed environment
Cons
15 min break
awesome place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 12, 2017
great environment to learn and grow in many respected fields,friendly people, clean environments,hands on training and top notch communication at most times.
fun and comfortable workplace
donation associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2017
productive day at work
management sucked
the hardest part of the job is when more than one donator pulls up at once
most enjoyable of the job is lunch break
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
poor supervisor
hard and stressful work
Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIDecember 12, 2017
poor management mean team players over working disrespect horrible hours ect. all around very stressful work and i would not recommend and also bad service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.