Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Everyone is fun to work with, very easy going.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  seasideOctober 18, 2018
I continually learn new things everyday. making sure where certain items go, making guest feel welcomed. Doing are best to make the store look presentable, easy to shop for our guest.
Pros
flexible hours
Good attitudes from employees.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2018
I was employed with Goodwill for two years. The work culture was positive. The financial compensation for my position was poor. Opportunities for advancement were poor in my department.Management lead with positive attitudes.
It was interesting
Housekeeping-processor (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDOctober 18, 2018
I liked working with the people that I did. I also enjoyed hanging clothing and looking at the stuff coming in. I also liked making my area clean at the end of the week
Pros
Enjoyed everything at this job
Talk in preson
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 18, 2018
As my experience as a sale associate my job title
To: Greet Customers
:Restock Items
:Work Donor Door
:Housekeeping
:Sorting
:Great Teamwork
Pros
Bring lunch
Cons
Average
calm atmosphere
customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 18, 2018
goodwill was a nice environment to work in. daily interaction with customers. light physical work within the business. nice group of people to work with.
Pros
daily contact with people, light physical work
Cons
minimum pay and lil hours
Alot of work for low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INOctober 18, 2018
All in all a friendly place to work. The pay is too low. I am a certified, experieced groomer. The job is way too demanding. There is no recognition for jobs well done. Management needs to be on a better level with associates.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
No advancement
its ok, was better when i first started
CRMA/DSP (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MEOctober 18, 2018
i currently work here, i love my clients and thats about it. staff turn over is high, cant keep anyone, drama drama drama, pay sucks, promised things and they never happen, management....wont go there on that one. no one communicates or pays attention to staff.
Pros
the clients
Cons
no breaks, over worked, pay sucks, drama
Nothing that represents Good or Will
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2018
The summary says it all - THIS company represents itself as a well round organization but definitely is not sure from the core! As a new recruiter to a department that wasn't really recognized as a part of the company - contracts state one thing and the Goodwill hiring policy and standard being non-existant made filling contracts a nightmare, just to name a few...
good temporary job for me
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 17, 2018
good place to work pay was not that great the bosses were good to their employees but my fellow co workers were not that great good temporary job for me
Friendly environment
E-Commerce Processor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 17, 2018
Met a lot of great people and came across a lot of neat, vintage items while sorting through donations. I gained a lot of knowledge on shipping procedures as well as online sales.
It a good place for starting out into the work field
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CaOctober 17, 2018
While gaining knowledge in this industry, punctuality and hard working is the key. Just be in mind is a great opportunity for people that needs to begin again, or just starting out. Therefore, don't become complacent and always look for a opportunity to improve you.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
It's hard to progress in the company
Goodwill
Recycling/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work with a great culture for giving back to the community. There was a clear diversity amongst the staff there and we were able to work together with no problems.
productive and
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2018
This place offers career advancement and equal oportunities for all individuals, offers discounts for employees and flexible schedules, breaks and luch time. Management is considerate and professional. The reason I left his job was the payment, salary is minimum for the sales associate position but I appreciate I had worked for Goodwill Industries.
Pros
opportunities to growth, flexible hours
Cons
as a part-time I had very little benefits
it's seriousness, fun and interesting
Accountant trainee (Current Employee) –  douala, cameroon with a branch in bueaOctober 17, 2018
work there is very serious and my team is interesting,funny and cooperative. each person is everybody's keeper as well as teacher,hence professional. in fact, the environment is conducive.
Pros
sometimes we have free lunch
Cons
we have an hour long break.
I liked it at first
Sales Associate 3 (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 17, 2018
I liked the job at first despite very low pay. $9.15 starting pay. I was passed over for a full time position and offered part time doing cashier I didnt want to do it at first but took it. I did really well and gained skills and once the new store manager was back from a leave was offered full time and eventually a small advancement. The place in the year I've worked there has never been fully staffed. The pay is too little with too high expectations. They want you to do back breaking labor 40 hours a week out back taking in donations. Or expect you to hang,price, put away HUNDREDS of items while you cashier when needed, and help out back as well, and deal with coustmers all in one shift. They don't hold you accountable really thankfully but threaten to write you up for not meeting the ridiculous goals they set for you. They claim its easily attainable but its not. Everyone quits immediately. The stores gone through several store managers, assistant managers, supervisors, and countless sales associates. The higher ups don't care that we're all so miserable so long as sales are still being met. Improper training. Dirty work environment. Poor management. Most of the workers are decent and the only thing making it bearable. Really good benefit is they give great paid time off that you start earning immediately and part timers get it too. 30% employee discount but can't buy anything until its on the floor for 24 hours.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Pay is awful, wotk is physically demanding, bad management
Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 17, 2018
The management was the best thing about Goodwill.
They treated everybody professionally and the CEO took time to know the employees. The atmosphere was very nice.
Pros
Employees in each dept new each other
Cons
No advancement
the art of working in a large company
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 16, 2018
The obtain goal of the company needed be that organizing and merchandising items.. cashiering, training, and color-coding items, the task of making sure that items are arrange
Great place
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed volunteering for this company. Different skills to be learned and a better understanding of what Goodwill services can do for our community.
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2018
It was a great job! I'd get there early in the morning and leave sometime in the evening. A typical day would be getting there, stocking shelves, hanging clothes and helping customers. The environment was great, the customers were just so rude sometimes.
Pros
Great coworkers, good pay, 30 minute lunch
Cons
short breaks, rude customers
a great place to work, positive , like a family
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2018
I have been with goodwill for 16 years as a emplyee. my mom started in 1984 when I was 4 years old so iv been around for as long as my mom has 35 years in a way
Pros
i wish the program would of never changed id still be working for goodwill probibly
Cons
the program changed .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K