Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Nice place to work at
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 17, 2018
I was made to feel like I belonged everyone was nice and the management was very friendly and helpful they helped me figure out stuff til I figured thing out
Pros
Got paid nice co workers very nice management
Cons
No health insurance long ride to get there on public transit started to early
A non-profit that focuses heavily on business.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2018
Goodwill is a good place to work. They have a great paid time off plan and getting time off was never an issue. They have helped a lot of people over the years.
Pros
pto was great
Productive but unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 17, 2018
Goodwill was an okay company to work for but things often seemed very unorganized and there were too many people in charge giving different instructions. Managers would hire their friends and would turn away other applicants. I was the only male cashier so I was forced to do everything and anything that required physical effort.
Pros
Goodwill offers a handful of benefits for employees.
Cons
Managers often hung by themselves and let employees battle through tough situations alone.
A brief description
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  2550 N High St, Columbus, OH 43202August 17, 2018
Working for Goodwill has opened up a window for a plethora of opportunities. The various responsibilities I had were good learning experiences regarding on hand skills.
Pros
Pay was high
Cons
N/a
The hardest part of the job
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2018
The hardest part of the job is multi tasking. Since we usually don't have enough employees to cover all shift most of the time you have to change hats and pitch in when need.
Pros
It's a relaxed job
Cons
It's a lot of hard work and if your not a hard worker it's not the place for you.
Goodwill
retail production assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLAugust 17, 2018
The work style of Goodwill is very fast paced but very intriguing. The customer service job is not easy but very fun interacting with all sorts of backgrounds of people.
Fun workplace
Goodwill Industries (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 17, 2018
I loved working at this job. I made new friends for the outside world. The people are wonderful to work with. I learned how to handle money. How to use a cash register.
cahier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Battle Ground, WAAugust 16, 2018
cashier, check customers out, greet customers, make sure the customer is fining everything okay, be plights and kind, make sure the customer is having a good shopping experience.
Volunteered relief for employees/assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
Government welfare to work program contract volunteers for references when out of work over twelve years or more to help obtain job position offers. Most positions are filled by who, what, when, where and why.
Pros
Reference
Cons
Reference
Fun workplace
Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 16, 2018
Needs better management well I was working in St Petersburg Florida management was terrible manager was never at work. Needed better help with showing us how to work and training us better because I only got trained for two days and then I was on my own.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Controller (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed every hour spent at the office at Gulfstream Goodwill as the workforce and the Executive Management were friendly, down-to Earth people who truly appreciated all of the employees and expressed their appreciation on a daily basis.
Pros
Great environment particularly if you were a hard worker.
Cons
Difficult to get accurate financial information from various department heads.
Great Work Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 16, 2018
If you need a starting job or a second part time job, Goodwill can help with that. The work place is great and positions will work around your schedule.
Great company feel good mission awful management
Senior Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
Worked serveral years. Work was not appreciated or rewarded. Upper management is insecure and will throw u under the bus to cover u their mistakes. The hourly employs work hard and are the strength of this organization
Pros
Mission statement
Cons
No overtime for salary employees but it is expectected. Upper management is awful to work with
Distribution center
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
Diverse work invironment, fast paced, stress full at times, pay is average for the work performed, good place to gain experience in the warehouse industry, good first job for someone with low level of work history
Fun place to work. Employees are mostly characters.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 16, 2018
I was a cashier. We were the third busiest Goodwill in America so we worked hard to get those customers rung up and out. The managers were the worst I've ever had. They do near nothing and especially when we were slammed and needed them to jump on a register they both were hesitant to or diliberately got lost somewhere.
Pros
Working with characters. Humorous recovered addicts and criminals.
Cons
Must work 40 hours a week unless you have some autistic like disability. No part time.
Working at Goodwill Industries taught me how to cope with working in a fast paced work environment.
EHOB Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2018
Our daily routine included processing different materials ranging from preparation of EHOB medical mats to sorting and distinguishing differences in raw materials being used in several competing industries.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Compensation
Not a good place to work
Senior Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2018
They get a lot of money from free, and donations but they have bad salaries for employees.
It's not a good place to work, I personally do not recommend it.
Good place to work to learn skills for advancement
Keyhokder/Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAAugust 16, 2018
This industry is a non profit organization where school students, younger people starting out and seniors who have disabilities or retired can succeed.
This job is perfect for training skills which will help a person advance in this company and pursue others.
Fun place to work
Cashier,Hanger,and Tagger (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 15, 2018
It was close to home
I worked with decent people
The pay was decent and it helped pay my bills and take care of three kids
I sometimes had to walk to work but I had to do what I had to do for my kids
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No raises
Good place as starter job.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2018
Very fast paced. Donations come and go. Goodwill will not let you shop at the store you work at. Go discounts though. Lots to look through. Over all 4 out of 10.
Pros
Full time job.
Cons
Can't buy at the store you work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K