Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,362 reviews
Productive Work
Customer Service Trainee (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2018
At goodwill they had a retail store where I had to help customers, take donations, clean, stock items. The teamwork was great. The manager was very helpful.
great job atmosphere
Full time driver familiar (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2018
customer service is important, taking care of employees is important, a company's best asset is its employees, take care of the employee and the employee is more likely to take care of the customer.
Easy, fast paced, laid back
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INNovember 15, 2018
I liked it, it was easy work, the people I worked with were nice, and our customers were amazing. Everyone was always so friendly. Goodwill was probably my favorite job.
Pros
They had customers donate drinks and food sometimes
Cons
No cons really
Fun, But stressful work place
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 14, 2018
it was a fun, but stressful work environment with a great store manager and mostly great work team with great motto's and fairly decent customer service as well as good benefits
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
busy everyday, production level can be stressful, closing the store is ill prepared, so is getting the store open. much needed supplies that would make it easier to work is not granted.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, no health care
Hard work
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 14, 2018
Pros

Benefits, Most people (there are a few random super pretentious people)...yeah

Cons

Have you ever dated someone you saw so much potential in, but he repeatedly let you down and broke your heart, and you began to realize there were actually much better guys out there? Working at Indeed is like that.
I joined Indeed, excited about the growth and what the culture appeared to be. Every relationship has that make-it-or-break-it point at 2 years. I should have seen it then when the promises of …

Advice to Management

Stop talking, and start doing. You have so much potential. It pains me to see you waste it. I want to see you win so bad, but you have to let go of the people bringing you down in leadership (namely HR, Sales, Engineering, and Product) and do what you said you would do without excuses. Also, take more risks with products. Our customers want more innovative products and they're going to buy them from the new companies that are popping up or LinkedIn.
Pros
Benefits, Most people (there are a few random super pretentious people)...yeah It is a great place to learn, try new things, and have a good time. I still recommend it, but not for anything long term.
Cons
schedule
It was a okay place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALNovember 14, 2018
Goodwill was a nice place to work but you are in the cold a lot then u have to deal with rude customer but some customer are fabulous and wonderful. I loved it
Pros
Nope
Cons
Lunch
Exciting place to work
Stocker, Sales (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 14, 2018
I rather enjoyed working at goodwill. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Also the management team is great, very knowledgeable and caring. It was a shame i had to relocate to another job.
Fun energetic place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 14, 2018
Team is small. Close. We’re all like family there. Provides excellent customer service to our guests. Always finding and learning about new things such as vintage and antique items.
Pros
Pizza parties often
Cons
Health care is very expensive
Goodwill
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2018
Goodwill is a fast pace working environment for any one who can work on there feet and the pay is good and weekly and that is something that is one of most rewarding thing .
Pros
good discount
Cons
long hour
Great Job, Disappointing Company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 14, 2018
I loved my job working with Goodwill. However they are completely negligent with their dedicated employees. It's best to just stay in your lane, don't report harassment or discrimination, and accept the extremely pitiful wage they believe is sufficient for all the work they ask of you. I did meet some truly amazing and inspiring people! However the company was totally ready to cut them loose if they questioned anything about operations or disagreed with anything the corporate employees told them to do. The corporate employees have no understanding of what the associates or managers do and deal with on a daily basis at their retail locations. The business model is over 100 years old and dismally failing, and the CEO and upper management is so focused on the monetary deficiencies, they are completely neglecting the basic mission of the company.
Pros
There are silver linings, but they are few and far between, and difficult to grasp.
Cons
Harassment, Discrimination, Refusal to Promote, Bullying, Overworked and Underpayed
stressful
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 14, 2018
I came in and usually had to go through clothing and then put them out on the racks. Also I had to put price tags on the clothing. The work atmosphere could be stressful at times.
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 14, 2018
I would go in the morning time and we had a great manager we would have to clean up the garbage outside first then we would go in have a little breakfast before getting to work .me and my co workers would have to hang and tag 10 racks of clothes and we would always try and get ours done before everyone else, I also worked out on the floor cleaning up and waiting on customers. The hardest part was dealing with people hiding things for Saturday sale. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Ate breakfast before we opened
Cons
Cleaning up the trash from the dumpster
im only leaving a survery
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43204November 13, 2018
im only writing this survey cause the thing wouldnt let me move on without doing so I only worked at goodwill as a temp so i was not treated as a regular employee.
Good place to start.
Donation Sorter (Current Employee) –  2206 E lamar Sherman tx 75090November 13, 2018
Goodwill Industries, is a good place to start out. The pay isn't awful, but it's not fantastic either. Management is decent, they try to work with you in some areas, and are reasonable.
Pros
No weekend work, unless you request it. Very stable schedule.
Cons
Money can get uncomfortably tight sometimes.
Volunteered for many events
Volunteer - Special Events and Fundraisers (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 13, 2018
I have worked closely with the marketing team on helping assist with events. The Seattle Goodwill team is tight nit and work well together. I have seen them perform at high levels under high stress.
Very relaxed and good people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2018
It was pretty slow-paced, relaxed, good people. You do the jobs you're assigned to you and if you're done you can move onto whatever else you see fit. It was a great environment!
Loved my job
Donation attendant/ Wares associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PANovember 13, 2018
I loved working at good will in Bradford...at times it could be a little hectic but we made it through as a team...awesome co workers..they worked with you on things that needed to be done outside of work which was always a plus
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No raises and the wages
Goodwill was an excellent company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 12, 2018
I loved working for goodwill. I loved their mission and the customers. Working at goodwill inspired me to do more charity work and helped me gain confidence.
organized clean and hourly productive on time
assorter, sales floor associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 12, 2018
i was satisfied working with the team and crew. the uniform format was fun and simple. the color of the uniforms were easy to advertise the store. donation center was great on receiving customer items and placing the donation in the crate placement bins. assorting items of article of clothes was quick and ready to hang.hanger were always enough and bar rim rack were always ready to be filled with clothes and items to donate to the sale floor.
Pros
lunch and breaks were on time
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K