Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Rewarding place to work
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2018
Goodwill Industries of Pittsburgh is an excellent place to work. It is a great place to start your career in social services. I have learned a lot working for Goodwill. The largest area of concern is the lack of communication sometimes between departments. What I enjoyed most about the job is the opportunity to work with so many clients to help improve their quality of life!
Pros
Personally rewarding work, Discount at Goodwill Stores
Cons
Lack of communication, salary low
Military Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMay 21, 2018
Goodwill was very productive always had something to do. I enjoyed having work to do everyday consist busy, Same routine each day is space for improvement new ideas
Productive and positive wor environment.
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
Goodwill was a very productive and positive work environment very family oriented all the staff work well together I work there for 10-plus years and loved every minute of it working with our individuals and wrecked and would recommend it to anyone for work
Pros
Very flexible and good pay
seatch for job
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 21, 2018
the hardest part of the job is finding it making sure that im trainned to know my job be very dependable an do what is required on me making sure that the job done correctly
Pros
workplace
Cons
asap
Fast paced, a lot of work
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work would be packing orders, pulling orders, taking inventory, "recycling" items that have not sold, shipping, moving different items around or in and out of the warehouse with a pallet jack. I learned how to use a pallet jack, take inventory, stock inventory, how to pack, how to ship using FedEx's shipping software on the computer,and a lot about problem solving. The management team was very friendly, however gave unrealistic quotas to meet. The workplace culture overall was very outgoing and friendly. The hardest part of the job is trying meet quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people.
Pros
Nice people, Always will be work
Cons
Short Breaks, Unrealistic Quotas
Nicely spaced out workplace for it employers
Piece Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2018
My work days in that place were alright for the short period of time I was there, so if there is anyone else who wants to work there I say go right ahead.
Pros
Nice short breaks in between worktimes
Cons
Just need some more employees and watchers
fun place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at goodwill although it was for a short period of time. I wouldn't mind working for them again if another opportunity presents itself
Pros
working with the children
Cons
n/a
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 20, 2018
Could not give me the hours that I needed. The manager did not pay attention a lot of the times and would just be in the back when we needed the help.
Goodwill
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parker, COMay 20, 2018
Good with time off, pay, and nice co-workers. Horrible management and the way that they go about confronting employees that are a problem. Overall would rate the company 3/5
Great employees to work with but challenging place to work.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 20, 2018
Due to the unbelievable turn over problem, the work environment was unsatisfactory especially on weekends when retail usually does most of it's business. It became routine for employees who were hired for a specific job responsibility to be pulled to cover positions for employees who called in leaving the work load behind. This became the norm more than the exception, generating a serious moral problem within employee ranks. New hiring and training was a revolving door that was not resolved during the time I was employed.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Very low wages for the work expectation.
Productive and very collaborative
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIMay 20, 2018
Working at Goodwill is one of my best work experiences. The people were nice and it was generally a somewhat relaxed and healthy work environment. I learned how to coordinate with a team of people, understand and act on tasks given to me as soon as possible, and prioritize my tasks. Sometimes there were huge lines of donations, but overtime they were taken care of and tended to. Despite the difficult and stressful amounts of donations, it was good to keep me busy during the day. Nevertheless, meeting new people and being able to chat with my coworkers in a friendly manner once in a while was a good way to spend my day a work all the while keeping on task and not procrastinating or lagging behind.
Pros
Good coworkers, relaxed and healthy work environment
Cons
Short breaks
do not apply
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 20, 2018
i was told we have lots of jobs available and was told ide always have a job but 1 job after another fell through staff at lea blvd office poor management and they lie about jobs theye have no 1 calls to let u know anything u have to be on top of calls and leave messages no return call good will dont desrve a star but i had to put 1 on here
Pros
nothing
Cons
good will
Pleasant work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 20, 2018
Great management. Easy going atmosphere. Friendly customers. Staff is a pleasure to work with. Store hours are excellent. Overall great place to work!
Pros
Hours
Cons
No advancement
Goodwill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMay 20, 2018
The staff at Goodwill a very helpful and knowledgeable about training and assisting people on how to manage and run the store correctly and the staff there is very nice
Pros
You get to 10 minute breaks in a 30 minute break
Cons
Customers sometimes
Don’t take a with chance good will
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 19, 2018
I thought it was fun , until I saw how terrible the management was . Managers do fraternize with their employees . Employees are very lazy and hard works are overworked . Lazy workers can do what they want with out consequences. Treatment is unfair . Bad communication . Workers steal from the store . Lunch break is to short and they send people home for no reason . The company keeps (clients ) who treat customers terrible because there scare of being sued .
Pros
It’s a job, they pay on time, easy to request days off
Cons
Read above
Great Place To Work-Advancement Opportunities
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZMay 19, 2018
Goodwill trains their employees well in their specific job tasks but also encourage employees to grow in their jobs and offer the opportunity to advance. It is definitely a company where you can advance quickly if you possess the ambition to learn as much as you can. I really enjoyed my time there and got to work with some really great people. The company is also focused on their Career Centers and helping people in the community find jobs.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Pay and benefits are lacking
Enjoy working with population work with (mentally Challenge) Team work great support
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 19, 2018
Workplace culture good, team work, reward received by working with clients, support from staff and administration. Improvise, change procedures for clients to improve job skills. One on one working with some clients and accomplished good responds from some limited clients.
Pros
Population work with, team work, creative skills to work with Clients
Cons
sometimes clients act out and immediately crisis plan of actions needs to apply
Good Well is a very good place to work at
Producation Labor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 19, 2018
I like the way Good Well works with Disable people . Beening there was great because I learned a lot about working with people and there disables . My Job coach was very nice and helpful.
Good
Horrible Management
Wares Producer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2018
The management is horrible! They don’t want to help you, they just want you to get your quota. QOUTA! Seriously, you are going to pay low and expect me to be a god. That’s just horrible leadership. If you want to advance they make excuses why you aren’t a good fit.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Management is horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 19, 2018
The managers are some of the most understanding and supportive in your scheduling. the environment and teamwork was one of the greatest, the highlight of the day was morning gatherings when we all went over our game plan.
Pros
Equal work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K