Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Nice & friendly, hot
Assembly / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 15, 2018
Sorted clothes most of the day and just help out others the rest of
the day.The thing I learned about the work place was the diversity. Cool people at management.The hardest part was dealing with the heat during the summer time.The best was having fun and the laughter with coworkers.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
For me was the heat.
productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser/Donor Greeter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2018
It was a fun experience. All I did was collect the donations from the donors and sort them out. Very easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting donors and customers every day.
Pros
meeting new customers
Cons
n/a
Productive and Fast paced work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, INOctober 14, 2018
Clock in; Put away clothes on racks as quickly as possible; Cashier; Customer service; Putting away wares; Pulling items with certain color tags; Cleaning sales floor; Changing end cap displays
Pros
Employee discounts and Pleasant co workers
Cons
Short breaks and low hours
General Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 14, 2018
Goodwill gives back to the community and is a great opportunity for retail experience. The job is production based as far a processing donations. But overall a good place to work .
Nice customers and helpful co workers
Hanger/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Ripley, WVOctober 13, 2018
I loved my job at Goodwill. I left the position because I was going to have to work some weekends and I could not do that because I had to be at ballgames for my children during most of them
Good place to start
Assembler/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2018
The pay could be better but it's a good place to start if you have a criminal background and/or need to get back on your feet quickly. The work is repetitive and the production expectations are demanding but it's a job.
Pros
Benefits, ability to advance
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment, co-workers have bad attitudes.
Fun work environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 13, 2018
I was able to move up quickly and productively, less than 6 months with the company and i was a shift supervisor. The employees were amazing and i enjoyed my time with my customers
Great place to work very relaxed
Sorter/Packer (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 13, 2018
I enjoy working with others and at Good Will we work as a team getting merchandise to the floor helping each other in all aspects since I have been there I see how customers are excited to shop there their facial expressions are beautiful to see
Pros
Great people
Cons
More hours
It's not a job it's training
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 12, 2018
It's good training for people over 55 that want to work but I think they need to move them to more spots don't keep them in the same place so long .
Pros
You get out of the house
Cons
Need more options for training
A good starting job
Data Entry, Tania Holguin (Former Employee) –  342 North San Fernando RoadOctober 12, 2018
All the people that were pretty nice and I felt like I can get a lot done All the employee they were pretty nice they help me out with my problems please lie and I never got that frustrated with any of them because they knew I had a few disability and whatnot
Very relaxed
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2018
We maintained the stores and did what we could to keep the stores running proficiently and smoothly. It was a great learning opportunity to learn the general basics of plumbing electrical and carpentry.
Most of my co-workers were difficult to work with.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2018
Co-workers treated the clients as if they didn't need any type assistance. They would treat clients as if it was a waste of time to help them. I had to leave only after a short time.
Stressful environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHOctober 12, 2018
Too much turnover, do not care enough about current employees, very little pay for a lot of work. Management is a joke, do not listen and do not properly promote from within.
the job was fun exciting well experienced the training classes were unbelievably exciting helpful I met great people that helped me with anything I ne
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
Goodwill Industries is the best place to work great training great people everything is unbelievably from training to on the spot the managers help with anything you need to get breaks paid time off vacations assemblies it's just a really great place to work you look forward to going to work everyday seems Smiles on your faces the people coming to work are great helpful understanding outgoing.
Pros
you can move up fast and have a grate Christmas party.
Cons
they don't give you maternity leave I know from experience and then they don't retire you afterward.
Good job not enough hours dor me.
Store Janitor (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 11, 2018
Quick paced retail environment. They told me what to do and let me just do it when I was cleaning. When I was asked to work at another position there was more pressure to produce.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Not enough hours after cuts
management was horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gaston County, NCOctober 11, 2018
i was there for a year and there was an insane amount of drama sexual harassing and other issues. after my year mark the manager gave ma a raise he was a new manager who had just started and only gave me a 20 cent raise because he said he didn't know me very well to know if i was a good worker. you didn't get Christmas eve off if the weather was bad and it was dangerous to come to work they didnt care, if you had a family emergency they didnt care.
Pros
christmas off
Cons
short breaks, bad management, horrible, raises
Fun place to work with kids
After School Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Helped kids with homework. I liked doing activities with the kids outside and in . Played games as well as educational ones. Did sign in / sign out with parents
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No breaks
Business Intern
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Falls Creek, PAOctober 11, 2018
The offices were great to work in - I learned a lot about non profit. The stores in my area were also nice to work in - friendly staff and management.
was an ok place
Job Coach Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time while there, but they took the word of a consumer over mine.Many wonderful people there to work with but not there now. I enjoyed my job there.
Productivity is their only goal
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2018
Goodwill does not offer activities that will link the employees together. They are strict on productivity but does not offer the necessary tools for the completion of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K