Glassons Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New ZealandJanuary 31, 2019
So you get subsidised work wear (great clothes)
For me I was full time and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sometimes it was a bit cliquey depending who was in and most days we had to do a deep clean with a small hover which took ages!
Pros
Substidised work uniform, friendly people, nice management
Cons
Long hours, hard labour, cliquey, basic pay
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone
Worker in charge (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLDJanuary 26, 2019
Before I was hired at Glassons I loved shopping there and loved the clothes, and I still do. But working there is a whole other story
1. Management treat you like so poorly, never a positive word to anyone, they aren’t trained and have no idea what they’re doing
2. Upper management is even worse. Many staff have gone to them for issues and have basically been accused of ‘lying or misunderstanding the situation’
3. You are expected to arrive early and finish late, all of which is unpaid for when you’re already getting the minimum wage
4. You are expected to work over time, work sometimes 12 hour days and not get paid over time
5. Your opinion is never asked, wanted or needed and the store is always extremely understaffed.
6. You ‘have to’ wear current clothes, even though we get no clothing allowance, basically some of your already low pay is supposed to go on new clothes every fortnight..
Pros
Made some great friends, 40% discount
Cons
Poor management, unpaid overtime, unappreciated
Fun and busy work environment
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSWJanuary 7, 2019
As a christmas casual i received close to 0 shifts in the span of 3 months. After receiving the job in September my first shift was in November, and that was only a 3 hour training shift. The first team meeting since i got the job was in the end of November. Very unprofessional to the eye of a christmas casual however the permanent girls seemed to be fine in their position.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No shifts
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLDJanuary 3, 2019
rReally fun environment, and great people. Weren't flexible enough for me to balance between year 12 work and work. Not enough shifts and because of that I had to spend all my pay on clothes to wear to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough shifts. short hours
Productive Workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLDDecember 19, 2018
A typical day at work includes spreading positivity and guidance to customers and optimum service for their needs. Going above and beyond to deliver the best customer service.
Pros
Store Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Large bullying culture
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLDOctober 26, 2018
- Shocking Training program. They promise you management progression and then get bored of you and choose newer employees to take your place
- constantly threaten to take your shifts away
-expect you to dress head to toe in new Glassons clothes every shift and when the items go out of the store you are told you must buy new clothes out of your own pocket (only given a discount and cannot claim this on tax, and we are given no clothing allowance)
- the upper management. (state manager etc) bullies and has unrealistic goals inflicted on lower management which Is carried down to casuals.
- full of gossiping, catty and rude behaviour, immaturity and young inexperienced management
-dont get paid for team meetings which are often held at 6pm-8pm on a week nights
-is criticised for not wearing a cake face of makeup

The only good parts were *some* of the girls there, easy job and nice discount. I would not recommend this work place. It has been toxic for my and many other employees' mental health. They have no sympathy when someone is sick- whenever you ask to block off days. They view this as unreliable and undedicated. I have never been so disrespected and patronised in my life.
Pros
easy job, discount
Cons
poor training program, gossipy culture, unrealistic standards, have no respect for employees and their hard work
Not great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, OtagoJuly 28, 2018
Management was not the best. Spoken down to and disrespected, expected to develop minimal to no relationship with colleagues. Extremely poor performance incentives not even worth trying for.
Opinion of Glassons in Rotorua
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of PlentyMay 7, 2018
It was a very productive day at Glasson's I enjoyed being part of a team and working hard to make sales goals and meeting all the locals in New Zealand it was in a location where a lot of people who come and visit it was a very clean store and it had a really good structure there were issues with treatment of the employees and a younger management base. I was only their temporary however I really working in fashion even if it was just for a little while the fashion was affordable and trendy.
Pros
You get to wear Glassons Clothing everyday to work!
Cons
Not enough hours.
great workplace and discount privellages
Team Sales and KPI (Former Employee) –  manukau mall, auckland new zealandFebruary 20, 2018
good day when we get a lot of customers , on a bad day me and some of the girls will start talking and it gets fun. hardest part is catching thieves. the best part was working with the best girls and helping customers who needed it.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lock up
Fun and creative
Stylist and Blogger (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, AucklandJanuary 21, 2018
I learnt how to media plan and style from this job.
A typical day involves me looking for creative inspiration online, and then taking my own version of the inspired photos with the clothes given to promote.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Once every two months
good
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, CanterburyNovember 30, 2017
Good easy work picking stock and restocking shelves, most enjoyable part is the staff benefits from working at Glasson's, work starts early but usually finished by the afternoon which is another benefit.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
Early starts
People focused work place
State Visual Merchandiser (VM) (Former Employee) –  QueenslandNovember 15, 2017
I learnt many skills including:
- management, how to work with a diverse group of people from all areas
- flexibility
- how to work under fast paced conditions
- how to prioritise
- time management and planning
- how to work with different personalities and how to achieve the best results from each individual
- good work culture
- the people and training were the most enjoyable part of the job. Have the opportunity to contribute to another persons learning and watching them succeed.
Pros
Great people
Fun work place
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New ZealandAugust 25, 2017
Working at Glassons, was an amazing experience. I learnt a lot from this company and would consider working for them again if I move back to New Zealand. The work environment was always positive and the management team did an excellent job at making sure you were always improving on your skills. The best part of the job is getting to work with some amazing and outgoing fashionable people.
Pros
Discounted product
Cons
Working weekends
Fast paced environment
Sales Assistant / Stylist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLDJuly 30, 2017
There is typically no time for standing around, especially on the weekends as the location and products of the store attract such a wide range of customers. As this was my first job, I had nothing to compare it to but I loved working with girls around my age and being taught the ins and outs of working in retail.
Pros
Amazing staff discounts
Great training for disposable employees
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VICJuly 13, 2017
While the training program used by the company is extensive and informative, the company generally view employees as people who work FOR them, not WITH them. This results in high staff turnover, poor resolution of concerns and a very disposable culture for people. Have seen it go from a tight knit family business to a money hungry, stand-on-people-to-gain-success business. Increasingly poor transparency with staff has resulted in confusion and disappointment for many employees.
enjoyed it thoroughly.
Training casual Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Westfield St Lukes, AucklandJune 9, 2017
good experience. learned a lot and became a better sales representitive. built character and patience and allowed me to enhance my skills and develop more.
Awesome!!
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Takapuna, AucklandMay 14, 2017
Learnt a lot fashion wise, gave me good skills to carry on I learnt alot. Loved the girls. Supportive and encouraging team. Absolutely lovely area to work in. right by the beach in summer. Beautiful!! One of my first jobs. Love it! Thanks Kate Dyson for being an awesome manager and helping me get out there in my retail career!!!!!

From Christina!!!!!
Pros
Great team.
Min Wage
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, AucklandFebruary 23, 2017
boring, unchallenging work
awesome co workers
30 hours p/w is considered full-time
min wage if your a sales assistant
high employee turn over, opportunity to get ahead within the company if you express interest
Fast paced, fun, high fashion
Flagship Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, NEW ZEALANDFebruary 13, 2017
Glassons has been a fun, challenging and rewarding company to work for, where your hard work is recognized while you climb the enticing retail ladder to success. With over 30 stores nationwide in NZ, and 30 stores in Australia, Glassons is a company that is strong on expansion.
The flagship store for the country (New Zealand) is a fast paced envrioment, where I can assure you, no two days are the same! With regular customers coming in store on the daily to shop all the fantastic, fun and fresh new product!
The environment oozes high fashion, fun and friendly fashion consultants, strong visual merchandising with a creative flair and an all rounder positive energy!
Glassons is a multi million dollar company, with fresh new lines dropping each and every week, consistently keeping up with the latest trends, while offering the best shopping experience for the modern day woman.
Glassons provides a generous opportunity for growth, a desirable discount and a chance to let your inner retail star shine!
What more could you want in your retail career?
Pros
Fun enviroment, succession opportunities, discount on clothing
Fun environment to work in
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, AucklandJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work would include greeting customers, serving customers on till, helping them to pick a suitable outfit and managing the fitting rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people i worked with, The girls were always so happy and the music was great too.