Fluke Employee Reviews

Horrible AR Manager
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 10, 2019
MJ often yells at employees in front of team or across the department. She only hires and promotes her friends. She works half of the time (remaining time spent on social media or out sick). Very vocal and negative about other members of finance department.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
AR Manager has no management skills
Great Place to Work
Sr. BSA (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 27, 2019
I found that Fluke was a great place to work, but like any large company, there is always someone who makes life difficult for everyone. This was the case on my team and I didn't feel like I could succeed at Fluke under those conditions.
Older workers won't leave to help advancement in company
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 18, 2019
Older workers won't retire after being there for 20+ years which makes it so new workers are the physical labor. This is because Fluke doesn't invest in their facilities to make the job easier (SAFER) for employees. Guy I worked with had been working there for 20+ years and already had 5 back surgeries from the job. Lifting 60-120 lbs for 8 hours a day with zero help does that to you.
Sell false hopes
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 12, 2019
I was a temp and after delaying my hire date by 5.5 months because of "shareholders' they offered me no bump in pay to be hired on. They also overbook your work load so you have to do a lot of OT and then they are very ungrateful that you went out of your way for them.
Prime werksfeer en veel geleerd
Intern (Former Employee) –  EindhovenFebruary 2, 2019
Heel prettige werk omgeving en fijne collega's ik mocht al heel snel zelfstandig werken en heb er veel geleerd bij Fluke
Pros
Zelfstandig
Cons
geen
Good work experience
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 25, 2019
I had a terrific supervisor who encouraged me and gave me confidence. During my years there, I worked with some great people and enjoyed my job.

I was very happy to leave my second job at Fluke.
Pros
bonus and christmas time off
Cons
low pay
Metrology Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 20, 2019
I enjoyed my time there, management was good, the job was good, and my co-workers were good. The only reason I left was to stay at home with my children.
Good work/life balance with great business model
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 20, 2019
Good company to work for, learned a lot during my employment in both sales and marketing. Fluke welcomes innovation and is always happy to try new things. This has helped me learn a lot because of the flexibility I was given to add new channels, introduce new products in the region, and run different marketing campaigns .
Pros
Good team
Cons
Continuous changes in management and no room for growth apart if you are working at the headquarters
Not a dream job but it was stable.
QA lead inspector (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at FLUKE. Wonderful crew to work with, they were like family. Work was repetitive and became un-challenging. As I was working two jobs, I had to choose one because I could no longer keep up with the hours and commuting schedule.
Pros
Stable emplyment, good work enviroment.
Cons
Work was repetative and became unchallenging.
Mid- Management needs to be overhauled
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 29, 2018
Usual day at work: They want you start early and stay late. Management wants you to come in to help factory than stay late (because they don't come in until 8:30am) and don't think you have worked that hard if you leave after 10 hours.

If you were able to just work on your daily work there would be no problem but there is mid management that doesn't understand supply chain management and has a DAILY meeting so they can report up what is going on. The mid manager has no idea of supply chain management nor how to discuss things with suppliers and relays on his reporting people to do this but when asked to do it himself neglects to. Also this mid management person is responsible for forecasting parts need to suppliers but has no idea how to do it and will not listen to their predecessor on how to do it.
Pros
Great lunchroom, people you work with are great
Cons
Mid management likes their meetings and there is no value added
Fluke Corporation is terrible work environment
Senior Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 20, 2018
Typical day would involve getting constantly interrupted to see if you are done yet or maybe now you are done or now. To advance you have to play politics and your actual skills will get you no recognition or advancement. You will be threatened to meet unreasonable deadlines due to poor management. If you pay politics you get vacations paid like they were business trips. They use poor ethics to try to cut corners which shouldn't be cut. The list goes on and on. The subsidiaries and sister companies are good to work for. Just make sure it isn't for the main Fluke Corporation OPCO or there will be regrets.
Plain corporate environment.
Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 26, 2018
Typical day would be answering technical questions for engineers. Identifying tools to meet customer requirements. Help troubleshoot problems. Not a lot of learning opportunity. You bring your educational background and experience. Company spends little on training. Internal cost centers prevent acquiring tools to accomplish daily activities. Management is a revolving door. They have the education, but lack a technical background. The hardest part of the job is not having the support and tools to do the job. The most enjoyable part are the friends you meet.
Pros
Medical and Dental.
Cons
Lack of equipment and educational support. Not much growth opportunity.
Management has changed the environment
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 25, 2018
I used to recommend this as a place to work but now I cannot. The stress they put on their employees is unlike anything else and they lead through fear.
Contract Writer for Fluke
Analyst/Instrument Tester/Sole Author (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 15, 2018
Analyzed and tested sixteen different biomedical instruments. Determined URS for safe and efficient operation. Created and delivered finished user manuals for each instrument using company jargon and format.
Angry and chaotic, 8hrs. of drama, stressful, dread going in every day
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 7, 2018
Management team(while nice people) have no clue about what we do and how we do it. They're more worried about engagement surveys and their own PAs, rewarding the lazy workers and dumpjng that workload on others.They complain corporate(Fluke) doesn't respond but I think issues never get reported. We've had managers bully women to tears(more than once) and it never gets reported to corporate. We've had employees threaten to kill each other and yet they're still working here. We're owned by Fortive and their motto is Fortive cares. Don't believe it, the only thing they care about is profits.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hostile work enviroment, poor management.
great comany to work for
Maintenance Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  NorwichSeptember 17, 2018
lots of scope to learn new things, learned a great deal of people skills, a great challenge with many different jobs to attended to.
it was good to be part of a great team that all worked together
Constant Change In Management
Order Management (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 30, 2018
Constant change made it extremely difficult to communicate and handle potential issues as well as on going issues within the company. There is a culture about Fluke that is very visible to the attentive.
Pros
Dining Area
Cons
Inter company Communication
Great Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006August 10, 2018
This company is fantastic to work for, well managed, very organized, and great balance between work and home life. Employees got along well with each other.
Too lean and revenue/cost focused
Service / Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 10, 2018
The company runs too lean which causes employees, particularly salary employees, to have to work many uncompensated hours. Never enough time or resources to perform a quality job. very stressful work environment,
Pros
A Golbal Company
Cons
Long work hours expected
Highly regarded brand in demanding technical industry make this a challenging but customer appreciated product line and company to work for
Business Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 29, 2018
Customer workflow and product solutions are technically complex, making this a challenging yet very interesting technology to innovate, manufacture and sell. Customer appreciation for Fluke solutions is rewarding.

Since splitting from Danaher the internal pressure to produce results has unintentional created a management culture that focuses on short term results or fixes to get promoted instead of innovation and investments in creating world leading differentiated solutions.
Pros
Leading brand that customers respect and desire
Cons
Work life balance and internal management high turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluke. Our community is ready to answer.