Firmenich Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Sensory testing (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonApril 13, 2017
My colleagues are very friendly and cooperative and the management is very supportive; they listen to your suggestions; it's a great place to work in.
customer driven
Senior Assurance QHS&E Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 28, 2017
Productive, very dedicated management that strive to meet customer's need through process efficiency. great company to work for with wonderful benefit.
Entreprise Familiale et Leader sur le marche
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 19, 2017
Offre de grandes opportunités de développement.

Entreprise a esprit de famille
I enjoy working at Firmenich
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  MumbaiMarch 16, 2017
Being a fresher at Firmenich I got the opportunity to grow from an intern to a full time employee. Over a span of time this company has provided me with good learning opportunities.
Fun Workplace
(Contractor) Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2017
Lots of basic clerical duties, filing, answering phones, faxing, making copies. Lots of different projects per the request of the employees.
Pros
Employees were very welcoming
Cons
Only a temp position
Flexarome Operations
Flexarome Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJ 08536January 15, 2017
I day consist of several different challenges ranging any where from trying to get a good quality and consistent product to run to running the entire run which consist of preparing batches for mixing, building the line up for startup, packing, then once run ended. Breakdown the line for CIP, and also in between run time. Trying to fit in time to order material for the next day. There was only one shift of run, so everything had to done within 8 hours. Safety was always on mind and Quality too. It was a three man job ran by only two of us. There was days to recover. But we got job done, with no issues from clients. I've become quiet proficient at multitasking, not to mention working along side engineers, electricians, and project managers I've picked up some problem solving skills. Its sort of second nature now. Would I recommend to another person, yes but with warning. If there not ready to work hard, fast and tirelessly. Its not for everyone
Falta más calor humano
operario de produccion (Former Employee) –  Planta de producciónDecember 29, 2016
La parte gerencial no debe estar tan dividida, los coordinadores de área les falta más capacitación y estudio para los cargos adquiridos.
Pros
Conservan buenas preventas.
Cons
Procesos desorganizados, muy artesanal.
spray dry
Spray Dry (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 17, 2016
* Goal to finish making batches.
* Learned a lot more knowledgeable in my craft
* Management was an experience.
* Some guys talked to much always creating rumors.
* Learning to fit in a group.
Pros
good benefits, some overtime
Cons
management, group circles
Great R&D group
Chemical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 3, 2016
Great R&D group
Less but experienced people
Intelligent and always helping
Work varies depending on the season
Lot to learn everyday
Decent cafeteria.
The cafeteria es a very well equipped and nice place
Spray Dry Process Operator Class B (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 16, 2016
I learned a lot in this company, several positions, The work with the employees was excellent in my opinion was one of my best works with Firmenich
Empresa dinâmica e agradável para trabalhar
Indústria multinacional do seguimento químico (Former Employee) –  Cotia, SPOctober 21, 2016
Equipe de trabalho muito boa, gerencia se comunica bem com os funcionários. Muito trabalho mal dividido entre as pessoas.
Pros
Muitos beneficios
Cons
Não tem carreira de trabalho
excellent workplace
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2016
Excellent workplace. only reason left was to retire. Good workers and excellent opportunity for advancement. would recommend this company for anybody.
Pros
employee involvement
Cons
hours
Fun and Great Teamwork
Fine Fragrance Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York CityOctober 11, 2016
One of the best aspects of my internship was being at the center of the fragrance creation of Firmenich. The organization has offices across the globe but the one in New York is where a significant part of fragrance creation takes place. Moreover, the office is the biggest contributor to Firmenich’s fragrance revenues despite being smaller than the one located in Paris. Some of the best perfumers in the world work there, which allowed me to be in contact with them on a daily basis. Most of them were kind to take me for face-to-face lunches where they were ready to answer all the questions I might have had.
I am unable to answer this question without mentioning the key role that my manager played throughout my stay. She has been nothing short of a mentor from the very first day, consistently asking me about my views on the company and the work I was doing. Trying to share me with great tips and advice.
entreprise très agréables
operateur de fabrication (Former Employee) –  Meyrin, GEOctober 10, 2016
je prenais plaisir a aller travailler car ces rare que jai travailler dans une si bonne ambiance..
environnement de travail agréable
operateur en chimie/responsable de ligne (Former Employee) –  Meyrin, GEOctober 6, 2016
tres bonne entente entre collegues
tous le monde sais se qu'ils ont a
faire , EPI et EPC a dispositions
l'ensemble des installations sont
bien entretenus .
Pros
repas gratuit le soir
Cons
pas d'avantages en nature
Excellent workplace
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE and SUPPLY CHAIN (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, BarcelonaOctober 3, 2016
Firmenich is a family owned firm in the chemical sector. The working environment is excellent and salary and benefits are excellent too. A great place to work.
Atendimento telefonico
Estagiária (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SPSeptember 2, 2016
Aprendi a trabalhar em equipe, resolvendo problemas juntamente com os meus colegas de trabalho.
Me relacionava bem com todos da empresa
Wechsel in der Chemie Industrie
Controllerin FM Division & Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Genève, GEAugust 30, 2016
40Std Vertrag.
Meine beste Erfahrung als Controller da:
1) enge Zusammenarbeit mit der Buchhaltungsabteilung,
2) viel Kontakt mit auslaendischen Filialen
3) viel Freiraum vom Management
4) SAP Einfuehrung "live" erlebt
5) Weiterbildung moeglich und umsetzbar.
6) Moeglichkeit von Zuhause zu arbeiten falls Kind krank war.
Pros
Mitarbeiter als Mittelpunkt vom direkten Management betrachtet
Cons
Fehlende standisierte Prozessen
Productive and work space fun.
Chemical compounder/ Order filler packer (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJAugust 5, 2016
Good opportunity to improve myself in compounder. It have a great space to work, very clean and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when you have to work with a lot of stress but it helps to improve my skills.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Too far away from where I live.
Environnement de travail
Technicienne de laboratoire (Current Employee) –  Meyrin, GEJuly 28, 2016
Horaires imposés et rotatifs, difficilement aménageable, difficulté a gérer vie privée et vie professionnelle.
Management passif dans certains services.
Collaborateurs agréable et motivants.
Poste intéressant ou la gestion des échantillons est suivit de A à Z.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firmenich. Our community is ready to answer.