F J Benjamin Employee Reviews

Caring and Fun working environment.
Regional Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore & MalaysiaOctober 5, 2018
The CEO of FJ Benjamin, is an awesome human being. He cares about his employee and he knows most of his staff by name.

During my hire, he said that my job requires me to travel a lot and since I have two school going daughters, he assured me that should anything happened to me or them while I am away, he would personally take care of their needs. This was the major pull factor for me to join this amazing establishment.

My typical work day is to review the headcount needs and ensure all job ads are valid and current before I start with recruitment. I also worked closely with an in house trainer to plan his training schedule and make sure all the training timeline and goals are met by each employees.

The hardest part of my job is to leave the organisation. I had to leave as my husband got posted to Arizona and I had to leave my most loved job.

I enjoy the company of my teammates. We worked hard and played harder.
Pros
employee welfare
Cons
retail business is a struggle with high turnover.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 22, 2018
Fun workplace and colleagues. Lovely managers, both (shop and internal- office). The French label has a very interesting history which I love!! Enjoyed learning about the brands archives, inspirations and how they're made/ manufactured.
productive , positive , and fun place
Product Developer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 5, 2018
Company, management team and everybody work as a team towards company goal and target.
Cheerful, friendly management and encourages environment .
Good and positive working environment .
Pros
free snack
Cons
long hour
low benifits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  orchard parade hotelApril 18, 2018
overall experience for a youngster back then was fun , but just to gain experience.
benefits wasn't really fantastic but being able to work for my favorite club Manchester united was what made me chose the option
Busy but fun
Customer Experience Leader (Current Employee) –  OrchardJanuary 20, 2018
A fun place to work with friendly and helpful colleagues. Learnt alot about product knowledge, selling skills and dealing with customers. But the lack of bonuses and increments makes the job abit stagnant financially on the long term.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Lack of bonuses or increments
A very fun working environment yet fast-paced
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OrchardJanuary 3, 2018
I have worked for at 30 hours per week in this job. In my opinion, this job has given me a kickstart to the retail industry. I have gained a lot of experience while working here in Gap. The workplace culture was also good. The people were very friendly and very helpful. We often worked as a team to increase our level of efficiency. The hardest part of the job was to meet their daily sales target because we rarely have customers on weekdays or non-sales days.
Cons
Working hours are extended during sales period
Flexible Timing and Good colleagues
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 10, 2017
Sometimes it gets really busy, sometimes it is really tired. We always have tasks that keep us going during quiet times. However, one down part is that the superior forces us to tout. Hardest part of the job would be touting to customers who would dislike it and leave right away. Most enjoyable part would be helping people choose the perfect merchandise for them.
Leading Retailer in South East Asia
Divisional Director - IT (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 12, 2017
IT Management
Moved from Analyst Programmer to Divisional Director.
Though public listed management style was family controlled.
Friendly and fun to work culture
Hardest part of the job was to manage senior management team.
Enjoyed managing a team of disciplined and focused team
Pros
Freedom to manage the IT division and contribute to the company's growth
Cons
Tough retail market and top heavy
Fun Workplace
Retail Trainee - Guess Accessories (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 22, 2016
I was a Retail Management Trainee with FJ Benjamin during my University. It was part of our curriculum to have a On The Job Training and I chose to apply and for the opportunity to do abroad. I was one of the lucky students who got chosen to do the training in Singapore for 6 months.

My experience was great as I learned to deal with different kind of nationalities and it was my training ground as well. My co employees did teach me well and I feel I do belong to the business. They gave us proper trainings before going to the selling floor.

It was a great experience for me as I am still learning and seeing the Business side life.
always have trainings for employees
Senio Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 8, 2016
Under FJ Benjamin company gives me greater opportunity to learn more in retail sonce they offer a lot of training in customer service that is so anvantage to our daily one on one approach with customers.
Diplomatic but tough and firm leader
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marina BayNovember 16, 2015
I am a diplomatic type of leader, i believe more on incentive system than sanction or penalty system. I know how to make decision, i know how to make different approach from different type of people. My work experienced in sales for more than a decade teach me to identify customer personality, thought me also how to make smart decision especially in a very challenging situation. My experienced in life and work teaches to deal on different people and situation.
Experience working at Banana Republic MBS
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marina Bay, S00September 18, 2015
As with any sales position, a typical day includes standing for long hours. Sometimes there will be difficult customers. However, the floor managers and supervisors were pro-active and patient with me, especially during my first week.
It was a friendly environment at Banana Republic, and my superiors were not arrogant or proud at those who were holding temporary or part-time positions. Everyone was welcomed into the "family" and they would try to create as fun an environment as they could when it was not peak hours.

The hardest part of the job would be ensuring that I was always working with a good attitude regardless of what is happening on a personal level outside of work. Some customers were a bit more challenging, and I had to ensure that I maintained a smile while being quick to respond with the most ideal solution to any of the situations. Thinking quickly on the spot and responding politely would be the most challenging aspect of this job.

Having said that, interacting with customers were the best part of the job. It was definitely comforting and encouraging when customers thanked me for assisting them even though I was just doing my job.
Senior Sales Associate (S PASS) (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00August 30, 2014
Every day is different a typical day dealing with customer queries but its fun when you manage to know what they needs. I learned a lot in GAP especially the Product Knowledge. I am a team member and flexible, i enjoyed a lot working with my colleagues. The hardest part in retail when you will encounter a sarcastic customer and the most enjoyable part is hitting the Target given.
Pros
incentives
Cons
need new environment and new career
Good Experience
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Singapore,March 9, 2014
I had this job as my on the job training/ practicum subject in college. It was a completely new experience as an 18 year old college student working overseas. And Because my course is commerce and the job was mainly selling Ladies Guess Shoes it became an easy job for me. I learnt that in retail, you need to satisfy customer's needs and that even customers are not right at all times, the phrase "Customer is always right" should be applied everytime. It was a big company but the management has been good to us. It was exciting because I worked with people from different part of the world. The hardest part when I had grumpy customers. It find my job in FJ Benjamin very rewarding because I was able to overcome every challenges I encountered during my emploment
Pros
free house, electricity and water
Cons
working as a full time employee but only got trainee salary