Epsilon Employee Reviews for Business Systems Analyst

Poor Management
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COOctober 3, 2017
Epsilon does not seem to know what they are doing. Poor training and unreasonable expectations are just a few of the issues with Epsilon. Management does not allow working relationships to develop between Epsilon employees and the clients that they serve.
Pros
Allow employees to work remote on occasion, unlimited vacation
Cons
Poor upper management, lack of training
Good environment with great co-workers
Lead Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2017
Fast paced environment and provided challenging opportunites. Management does an employee survey every and is the only company I have worked for that took that information seriously and addressed employees issue
Pros
great environment, work remotely 2 days a week
Cons
Whenever clients leave, there always seem to be a lot of lay offs
This place is good if you are looking for 'average'
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COApril 25, 2017
Overall a good place to work, average benefits, really nice people as coworkers. The company puts a lot of effort towards employee relations and taking a progressive attitude with dress code, work from home, etc. However on a personal level many of my managers were not very capable of managing people, or overburdened with too much to do, and it had a negative impact on my career growth. I succeeded despite my managers, not because of them. I went through 8 changes in my direct manager over 11 years. Each time I got a new manager, I had to start from scratch to prove myself as a valuable team member, making it almost impossible to get advancement or promotion because of lack of continuity. Job responsibilities had me functionally siloed from my team. Management didn't encourage collaboration or mentoring among team members. Instead they set up and rewarded a competitive culture where only 'the best' were recognized. The company recently changed to 'unlimited' time off but really hard to get management approval for days off because of short staffing. I met and worked with some wonderful people, overall a pleasant environment; just not much room for change or career growth.
Good place to start out a career
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 10, 2017
Great place to start your career out of school, very fast paced environment.
Learning the technical verbiage and software are challenging part of the job for someone with non-technical background
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Productive and a fun place to work
Business Systems Analyst (BSA) (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great place and good benefits. Learnt several industry standard applications. Great benefits for the Associates and good place to work!
Business System Analyst
Business Systems Analyst/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 21, 2016
Amazing company to work for with so much culture and training. However, working in Illinois for a company based out of Texas made job security difficult.
Pros
exceptional training and culture
Cons
job security
Already did
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MANovember 7, 2016
Company does lots of things. Get ready to buckle down and enjoy the ride. You get to travel and work with great people, please see previous post that I did
They will be gone soon
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COOctober 14, 2016
After nearly nine years working there, I was laid off last month so they could outsource my job to their newly built office in India. I also had to train the person who was replacing me.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Losing my job
Good Work/Life Balance
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 23, 2016
With working for such a large organization it can sometimes feel as though you are working for a company inside a company. Epsilon does invest a lot in it's employees with training courses to ensure they are equipped and prepared to do a job well. Most coworkers are friendly and are eager to assist with answering questions and problem solving. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the ever changing rate of technology. With any job, you get out what you put in. It's not always easy to reach the next level but if you have good work ethic and are supported by management you can excel.
Too Much Work Gossip from Management
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Middle management at Epsilon is terrible. Many were guilty of consistently gossiping about other employees which made confiding in them (or anyone for that matter) very difficult.

This is a very political company – promotions are awarded based on favoritism and not necessarily previous work experience. If you speak up, you will be shunned.

Many of the roles are very technical so if you are not lucky enough to have a solid mentor from day 1 you will be out of luck.

I will say that the compensation and benefits were great which is likely why people stick around longer than they’d wish.
Pros
Company Events, Benefits
Cons
Management, Unnecessary meetings, Lack of qualified leadership
Work environment encourages creative thinking
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2015
Work environment encourages creative thinking and collaborative team culture pre-merger. Work/Life Balance is fantastic.
Pros
Free Fri lunches
Cons
Too many reorg
Fun, Independent place to work - don't expect promotions
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 29, 2015
The environment is fun and lively. There is a ton of self management (possibly due to the fact that it has a ton of employee overturn). I have a great job and am able to take on tasks well above my current station, but the company has strict rules on number of years of working in a position before they will promote even if you are already doing the job better than people who have the title *Red Tape*.

I like my team and what I do, but I expect to be paid for the job I am doing and doing really well rather than the one they feel like paying me for.
Heads down, quiet culture; selective advancement practices
Sr. Business System Analyst & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJuly 6, 2015
Epsilon would rather be perceived as a great place to work rather than implement the extensive changes necessary to become a great place to work.

Most people start out with a reasonable work-load. However, it will increase 30-40-60% in a year or two. It's difficult to take vacation days and no days are rolled over.

Advancement has a rating system, but very few actual positions that are open for promotions. Epsilon has consistently closed half of the open positions prior to the bi-annual review process, further limiting the potential for promotion. As a result, anything and everything can and will be used against you, even if it occurs months after the review process has officially closed.

Your manager can heavily influence your performance review by selectively editing comments.

Moving into a management position with bonuses is virtually impossible. You have the choice to either stay there 10 years or move on.
Alright
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COJuly 6, 2015
Good people, not a lot of room for change. Work life balance can get tough if you work on the platform delivery side of things.
Excellent learning experience, but uncertain work type dependant upon team
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
I have gained a truly hands on experience here. Day to day, I get to do standard BA work, such as FSDs, BRs, and other documentation. However, I get a much more broad experience than that, because I analyze the database, web service calls, batch files, etc. This gives me a well rounded technical experience I don't know I would have gotten elsewhere.

Epsilon has a number of client teams, and I will say that although my team has excellent learning opportunity, it is also dramatically more high pressure and client demand than expected. Work life balance can vary from team to team. That being said, my co-workers are still enjoyable to be around, and helpful if they are not swamped.

I would recommend, if uncertainty and potential for higher stress environment does not deter you.
Productive and fun place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAApril 15, 2014
It was a fun place to work. Hours were sort of flexible and you could also work from home sometimes.
Very hard working, young corporate work culture
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 4, 2013
The hardest part of the job was it was very technical and coming from a business background, the learning curve was steep. Everyone that I came across in the organization was hard working and smart.
Great company!
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TxSeptember 29, 2013
This is a great company to work for! They have great compensation, benefits. It is also family oriented and a place that has advancement opportunities.
Great People, Work/Life Balance Not Quite Right
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  COMay 27, 2013
As stated before, the people I work with are highly capable and I enjoy most days. There is an atmosphere that encourages teamwork and growth. While advancement is possible there is an emphasis placed on "earning" said promotion. This only confirms my thoughts about management being sound. My only complaint is the work/life balance.
Good
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  irving , TMay 3, 2013
Good Company, aggressive day. Not healthy team spirit. Fast paced environment