Epsilon Employee Reviews

Very Complex
Operations Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 4, 2016
At times very fast pace, other time there is a lull, but always something to do and the system supported is very complex.
Fairly good tight knit team. Sometimes it is very complicated which makes it very challenging in a good way. Sometimes things are not always logical.
Pros
Occasional Lunch, Free healthy breakfast once a week, co-pay for gym membership
Cons
Low base compensation for role/ Expensive medical insurance
Productive, organized, fun
Marketing Operations, Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
During the early hours you will find me speaking to our vendor, defining priorities for the week. I meet with team for half hour to communicate our clients’ needs and organizing the team's work load around the priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in meeting or exceeding expectations and avoid surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the information, materials, reports and updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our internal and external clients. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
Lots of training related to work and information related to other work groups within the company
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Sr. Java Developer
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2016
Role: Java Developer
Project: Reservation Confirmation and PreArrival Email

This project was aimed at adding new functionalities for Hilton, a customer of Epsilon. The new functionalities included changing booking details, terms and conditions and enhancements in the reservation confirmation and pre-arrival emails with the new “Be Wow” look.
fun colleagues to work with
Communication, Great time management (Former Employee) –  HullFebruary 25, 2016
what i learned while working here is that management can be strict when its time to work but after the work target is reached then its time to loosing up and have a little bit of a laugh.
Long hours, no job security
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Jobs at Epsilon are project bases. Once the project is over, so is your job unless they moved the employee to a different project. Receiving a good review is no guarantee employee will be moved to another position. In addition, there many foreigners who have nothing good to say about the Unites States and a number of them are in leadership. Take the job if you need it, but start looking for a new job. Think of it as a contract job with no job security.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no job security, negative environment
Not a bad starting point.
Electrician I (Current Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 9, 2016
After having recently separated from the military I obtained employment with this company; that being said it was a great place and an easy transition for me post-military service. Coworkers are great, the work is involving, the management is understanding and willing to work with your life needs. Not much room for advancement and training opportunities.
Pros
Great workplace environment, helpful management
Cons
Average benefits, volatile contracted work, scarce opportunity for training and advancement
Leading provider of Services for Defense Industry
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAFebruary 2, 2016
A great company in the highly competitive field of defense contracting providing highly qualified employees to meet and exceed customer demands and expectations.
Too Much Work Gossip from Management
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Middle management at Epsilon is terrible. Many were guilty of consistently gossiping about other employees which made confiding in them (or anyone for that matter) very difficult.

This is a very political company – promotions are awarded based on favoritism and not necessarily previous work experience. If you speak up, you will be shunned.

Many of the roles are very technical so if you are not lucky enough to have a solid mentor from day 1 you will be out of luck.

I will say that the compensation and benefits were great which is likely why people stick around longer than they’d wish.
Pros
Company Events, Benefits
Cons
Management, Unnecessary meetings, Lack of qualified leadership
Great place of work
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Very positive work experience in this company. All nice and fun people.

The company is geared towards working always with a positive attitude.
My work experience
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2016
I have learned a lot in my previous job. Well organized, Agile methodology, scrum meetings, creating test plans and test cases, test all different test methods, continuous interaction with the developers and BA's, find the maximum defects and place them in TFS, verify these errors once developer corrects them, at the end of the 15 days finish all the defects stories and submit to the lead. The work is stressful and time bounded.
Pros
Learned more about Agile, Scrum
Cons
Lot of stress
Epsilon gets the job done
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin IrelandJanuary 4, 2016
A fanatic place to work where creativity is nurtured on grown but by far their greatest assets are their amazing associates.
Work environment encourages creative thinking
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2015
Work environment encourages creative thinking and collaborative team culture pre-merger. Work/Life Balance is fantastic.
Pros
Free Fri lunches
Cons
Too many reorg
Compromiso con el cliente
TECNICO PERMANENTE (Former Employee) –  QUINTANA ROO YUCATAN Y CAMPECHENovember 4, 2015
Cada día se realiza el mantenimiento preventivo y correctivo de los equipos involucrados proporcionando la mano de obra, herramental, material y refacciones que se requiera
Pros
Compromiso
Cons
El cliente no presentaba colaboración
Great atmosphere
Marketing Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2015
Great company and understands the importance of work/life balance. Great team and everyone was friendly. Fast paced and enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
Parking
Great culture and fun products to sell.
Sales Director -CPG, OTC and RX Industries (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work would be driving to clients to present our core capabilities or solutions based offerings or post program analysis. I would also cold call and hunt down new clients or expand my reach with in a current client.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my clients, understanding their needs and pain points and find resolutions for them and selling it through.
Pros
Great clients, great pay, great bunch to work with
Cons
not as much support and focuss in Cda as there was in prior years
Great People!!!!!
Epsilon (Current Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 15, 2015
The company has grown a lot and you can feel the growing pains. Too many people holding on to product knowledge (Job security?)and being rewarded.

Recently there has been training programs for new staff... which is leaving the company a little off balanced for those that have been there for a long time and missed out. Before the training it would take people up to a year to catch on with their complex platform.

Company is always in reactive mode oppose to being Strategic. Lacks Product Innovation

Executive Staff should be replaced with new fresh blood!
Pros
People
Cons
Opportunity for advancement without pay increase.
Livreur
Chauffeur/ Distributeur (Former Employee) –  Genève, GESeptember 3, 2015
Horaire difficile. Bonne équipe de travail. Salaire trop bas
Stagnant Job Growth
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 27, 2015
Like any big company, promotions are not completed on merit but more on time served. Because of this, a lot of the top talent leaves the company within 2 years, which leaves those left to pick up the pieces and work that much harder to complete the work.

Upper level management consistently talks about the evolving culture and the opportunities, but in 2.5 years, I have yet to see any of that come to fruition. If anything, I feel the company mantra has become do more with less.
Pros
Decent work-life balance, Exposure to big, profitable clients
Cons
A lot of employee complacency, Very corporate culture, No job growth potential, Benefits lacking compared to other companies in the area
Executive management shoots from the hip
Local Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 6, 2015
Company reorganized the automotive division in April 2015. Demoting skilled field producers to entry level positions. Clients are not told the truth about the structure and employees are left trying to figure out how to adjust to pay decrease and handle customer dissatisfaction and look for jobs to replace lost income. Territories were tripled for 50% less pay. New hires may be ok with the lack of pay for performance. More experienced professionals need not apply. Good first job out of college now. Always be ready for change (and it is not good change)
Pros
Benefits, work from home, create your own schedule
Cons
A lot of travel for 40k per year. No real opportunity for growth, upper management executes without planning.
Fun, Independent place to work - don't expect promotions
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 29, 2015
The environment is fun and lively. There is a ton of self management (possibly due to the fact that it has a ton of employee overturn). I have a great job and am able to take on tasks well above my current station, but the company has strict rules on number of years of working in a position before they will promote even if you are already doing the job better than people who have the title *Red Tape*.

I like my team and what I do, but I expect to be paid for the job I am doing and doing really well rather than the one they feel like paying me for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epsilon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7