Eden School Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Organized and efficient workplace
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00October 20, 2013
A typical day at work involved supporting the children in our care. through their activities for the day. The students were moderately to severely autistic.The maintenance of a smooth routine ensured that the students did not face undue stress in their activities.

I learned how deeply loving relationships become possible even without words or seemingly difficult communication with autistic children. The qualities in my co-workers, especially their ability to keep smiling and be patient under enormously stressful situations taught me that job satisfaction is not a function of money and position. It is in being able to feel that you make a difference to someone, even if it is that one child who depends on you.

The hardest part of the job was when the parents came with such love for their child, hoping that he had overcome at least one of the many difficulties in his life through our training.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when a breakthrough occurred, as when a child spoke spontaneously for the first time.
Pros
The location
Cons
The long hours
Rewarding and Fun Teaching
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00January 15, 2013
My day starts in the afternoon as there are two class sessions, inspite of the warm weather I always look forward seeing my 5 beautiful students. I patiently wait for their arrival at bus bay pick them up then proceed to classroom for teaching following our timetable. Eden School has a structured, impressively organised and systemtic system in managing time for teaching making sure all subjects are taught in the timing. Working for almost 4 years now make me proud of my achievement from an assistant to main teacher of classroom getting challenging students every year but when year ends the students are settled and more manageable. It takes patience, care and abovee all love of what you are doing that will make you survive in this field, I always make sure students are given equal attention having time for play and learning. The management is supportive yet they can be very pushy-push you to the limit of striving harder. the good thing is you get paid well however, paperworks sometimes eat your time.I guess that's one of the hardest part, not to mention handling violent students who can hurt you physically. despite of it, I get tonns of support from my co workers, they are helpful and skilled, there is teamwork as there are 2 teachers to handle a class, if I need extra help, the mnagement can get me one right away.
The most enjoyabe part of my job is when I teach and play with my students, the joy you get from them when they say random words when you ask them trying to answer back, when they listen to respond to your actions and above all when they initiate communication, these
  more... are priceless rewards you get from teaching students with autism and I experience them all in this field. there are many fun times I spent with my students like snack, community outing and relax/ rest time. Eden has given me the opportunity to work and deal with students of diverse cultural background, and I will be forever thankful to the management for hiring me, given same treatment as singaporeans.  less
Pros
yearly increment and performance bonus
Cons
stressful paperworks and involvement in committees