Eaton Vance Employee Reviews

Productive and Collaborative environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2019
Great company to work for and I would definitely recommend people to apply to this company if they enjoy working with smart friendly people. It is a great change from the typical corporate institutions.
Nice place to work
Data Strategy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2019
I enjoyed working for Eaton Vance. Obviously Boston is an expensive city and the downtown office is in a high traffic area, but the nice coworkers and work environment make up for it.
Enjoyable place to work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 18, 2019
Everyday brings a new adventure.

Learned how important it is to be a team player and that it is very important to be able to get along with others.

Very passionate about inclusion; everyone being accepted.

Making sure that we sustain quality customer relationships with or clients.
Brutal
whipping boy (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2019
Worst job I've ever had. Poor training - Unless of course you want to be trained by people standing behind you huffing and puffing and telling you that you are doing everything incorrectly. Unwillingness to change/learn. Impatient bullies and know-it-alls for boss and coworkers. Had to fit 90 hours of work into 50 hours per week.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
everything but the benefits
Workplace culture
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2019
Just did not like working here. Management was indecisive about where to go for a project I was on, and I was just sitting there reading documents. Eventually I was released from my contract.
Not Good management
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2018
I worked for 6 months, in span of 6 months i observe management doesn't concerns about the the employees, EVery day we have stanup meetings, they are not following the agile . Old methodlogie water fall they are following
Good employees and benefits
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2018
Eaton Vance is a good place to work, however they are old fashioned in some ways. Working from home is frowned upon and only allowed with manager approval. They also tell you you have unlimited sick days but after a respiratory infection knocked me out for a week HR complained to my boss despite a provided doctors note.
Great experience, great company.
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2018
Company manages resources well. Their website redesign project was epic and a really great experience to be a part of. Great team, great company, great experience.
Cons
Challenging at times, but always a learning experience
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
Got to be monotonous at times. Great atmosphere if you were also socially involved. Could feel left out if you kept to yourself.
However, could be a great challenge. Good people,
but you have to step it up yourself to be recognized.
Pros
Occasional added vacation days
Cons
Loud people in office
Great Culture
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
The culture at this company is not what you expect a typical investment management firm to be like. Everyone is so friendly regardless of position and there are so many opportunities for growth within the company if you just reach out.
A good company to work for!
Mutual Funds Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
I think overall EV is a great company to work for.The work is enjoyable and the people are nice. I just think that they need to make working from an availability. Their insurance is still pretty expensive and their maternity and paternity leave is really bad. They are not willing to pay new mothers and fathers 3 months off. The maternity leave is the sadder of the two.. it is 4 weeks half paid off and the remainder 2 months are unpaid I believe! They also need to rebrand their company to attract and keep young talents.
Overall a great experience.
RFP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2018
Overall a great experience. Great work life balance. Great Co-workers. Great Opportunities. Appreciative of every employee. Great Benefits and Salary. Boss was the best boss of my life.
Internship
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2018
I worked in the back offices shipping mail from multiple buildings and collecting mail and information. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and networking with multiple individuals who were successful and learning some of their trades while still in high school
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
It was temporary
Love it
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2018
This is a great place to work. you should tell everyone to work here. This is a great place to play games. Managment is great. I love the snow season. I love seaport
Crazy hours
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2018
Working nights one week days the next, with some days and some nights mixed in, couldn't really get in to a healthy groove. Life work balance was skewed. Great pay though
Pros
Pay
Cons
work schedule
A fun and kind workplace
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2017
My daily work was tracking and booking journal entries for cash activities and corporate stock ledger. During month end, I was responsible to making financial statements. I learned various accounting software, and making entries and statements in Excel in the real workplace. Not only the group I worked with, but also all colleges in the company were friendly and willing to help me. The most enjoyable part of my work was the nice working environment.
Temporary job.
Legal Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2017
Work there for few months as a temporal staff. I did not had enough experiences to fully understand the corporate culture. My work was limited to contract assignment.
Great company
Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2017
Good company to work for but doesn't promote work from home. The workplace culture is very laid back. I enjoy the most working with all the employees in our company
Pros
laid back
Cons
work from home
Great Work Life Balence
Senior Institutional Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2016
Great Place to Work! Great work life balence. Great Management. Nothing really bad to say about the company other than career advancement was tough.
Pros
Work Life Balence and Cafeteria
Cons
Advancement
Great company
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2016
very much a open door policy company and they meant it. the ceo of the company used to sit in the cafe and talk to everyone. treated employees very well. they recognized when you did well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton Vance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2