Eaton Vance Employee Reviews

Challenging at times, but always a learning experience
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
Got to be monotonous at times. Great atmosphere if you were also socially involved. Could feel left out if you kept to yourself.
However, could be a great challenge. Good people,
but you have to step it up yourself to be recognized.
Pros
Occasional added vacation days
Cons
Loud people in office
Great Culture
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
The culture at this company is not what you expect a typical investment management firm to be like. Everyone is so friendly regardless of position and there are so many opportunities for growth within the company if you just reach out.
A good company to work for!
Mutual Funds Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
I think overall EV is a great company to work for.The work is enjoyable and the people are nice. I just think that they need to make working from an availability. Their insurance is still pretty expensive and their maternity and paternity leave is really bad. They are not willing to pay new mothers and fathers 3 months off. The maternity leave is the sadder of the two.. it is 4 weeks half paid off and the remainder 2 months are unpaid I believe! They also need to rebrand their company to attract and keep young talents.
Overall a great experience.
RFP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2018
Overall a great experience. Great work life balance. Great Co-workers. Great Opportunities. Appreciative of every employee. Great Benefits and Salary. Boss was the best boss of my life.
Internship
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2018
I worked in the back offices shipping mail from multiple buildings and collecting mail and information. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and networking with multiple individuals who were successful and learning some of their trades while still in high school
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
It was temporary
Love it
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2018
This is a great place to work. you should tell everyone to work here. This is a great place to play games. Managment is great. I love the snow season. I love seaport
Crazy hours
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2018
Working nights one week days the next, with some days and some nights mixed in, couldn't really get in to a healthy groove. Life work balance was skewed. Great pay though
Pros
Pay
Cons
work schedule
A fun and kind workplace
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2017
My daily work was tracking and booking journal entries for cash activities and corporate stock ledger. During month end, I was responsible to making financial statements. I learned various accounting software, and making entries and statements in Excel in the real workplace. Not only the group I worked with, but also all colleges in the company were friendly and willing to help me. The most enjoyable part of my work was the nice working environment.
Temporary job.
Legal Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2017
Work there for few months as a temporal staff. I did not had enough experiences to fully understand the corporate culture. My work was limited to contract assignment.
Great company
Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2017
Good company to work for but doesn't promote work from home. The workplace culture is very laid back. I enjoy the most working with all the employees in our company
Pros
laid back
Cons
work from home
Great Work Life Balence
Senior Institutional Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2016
Great Place to Work! Great work life balence. Great Management. Nothing really bad to say about the company other than career advancement was tough.
Pros
Work Life Balence and Cafeteria
Cons
Advancement
Great company
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2016
very much a open door policy company and they meant it. the ceo of the company used to sit in the cafe and talk to everyone. treated employees very well. they recognized when you did well.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 23, 2015
At Eaton Vance they do their best to provide a fun work experience and can be a lucrative place to work at if you meet their expectations that they are looking for perfectly. The "glass ceiling" seems a little bit lower and a lot thicker at EV but all in all it was a good place to start
Professional organization
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
Gained experience in many technologies and company invites initiative and willingness to go beyond typical work boundry.
Hard working culture in IT, people where many hats
Pros
Great location, clean, newer work environment. Very good employee cafe.
Cons
longer commute due to financial district setting
Good for Permanent, Contract Work is Bad
BA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2015
A small asset management firm, where you do not want to work on contract. You will have no job security, and will be dumped once the project you're working on slows down.

Once you make VP (if permanent) you become bullet proof.

Not an exciting, innovative or highly successful firm. It's risk averse in investments and won't hire you if you are highly intelligent or too clever. You need to be a company man and go along with whatever management says, regardless of how bad the new product is...
Pros
Good location and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Mediocre management that can't innovate or make good returns on capital
A while back
Assistant to VP Equity Research (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2015
Not certain of the company or the culture now, as the C suite has changed up completely.

Very steady, reliable, but due to that.... there was not a ton of opportunity for growth and promotion.

Great benefits, good hours. Company ran pretty lean.
Pros
Benefits, steady work
Cons
Little room for advancement
Great culture
Internal Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 24, 2015
Great people, leadership team, smart and conservative. Very good reputation within the Industry with room for growth.
Stable company that promotes from within
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2015
While salaries lag other asset managers, the stable platform and willingness to promote from within offer significant advantages.
Friendly work space.
Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Eaton Vance has a professional work space that i had to learn to adapt to. I learned how to be apart of a team in a corporate setting and how to go about things on my own as well. My Help desk team all came from the Year up program. They come from the same circumstances as myself so it was easy to connect and understand them and their story. The hardest part of my job was the beginning of my internship and learning how everything is run. After about a month in I got in the hang of things and met some really nice people that let me shadow them. Shadowing help me learn how things were done and got me comfortable with the team i was working with. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things everyday that i know no one can take away from me.
A great company
Facilities Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 29, 2014
Eaton Vance is a great company to work for, There are some really great people that work there. I worked in a department that was not really a good fit, but the company itself is very friendly.
Pros
modern, friendly, great location
Cons
not for me, more training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton Vance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4