Dollar Tree Employee Review

work hard
Assistant-Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 3, 2017
can i say something this a great place to learn how to mange and up keep the work place another thing was the mangers was also great people to work with

Other Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

positive vibe and attitude
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDDecember 9, 2018
Arriving to work late makes the day difficult. I learned anything that on the floor already bring it up to the top of the pile. The hardest part of the job was getting certain merchandise from the back and bring it to the front and everything what just came in put it on the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off.
It would be a great place to work if there was better management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 9, 2018
I started working at dollar tree 6 months ago they quickly bumped me up to assistant manager about 2 months after I started working there. They only trained me for a few days, after that it was all up to me to figure it out. Working as just a sale's associate was so much better because you can just come in do your job and leave but as an assistant manager I feel that the store manager puts way to much pressure on you. I felt like they wanted me to dedicate all my time and energy to this job that only paid me .50 cents more then minimum wage. The store manager at the store I worked at would constantly call me on my days off and want to talk to me about work and I only would get 1 day off a week. I had a very sick family member that I needed to take care of for 2 days and the store manager almost refused to let me call in and made a big deal about it even tho I did have sick time that I wanted to use I just felt that they wanted to much from me. I worked about 40 hours a week with no benefits and only made .50 cents more then minimum wage but had way more responsibility then a sales associate it just didnt seem fair. So if you want to get a job at the dollar tree I dont recommend becoming part of the management team it's really not worth it.
Pros
Got to work with awesome people
Cons
Put to much pressure on their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K