Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

stressful, unrealistic goals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC 101 2482 Ferry AveOctober 18, 2018
not a very fun place to work, the management keeps changing to worse management,managers abuse their power and mistreat their employees, managers encourage workers to confront a thief's. its an unsafe work environment, the staff and the emotional abuse that goes there is astonishing.
Pros
there are no pros..
Cons
too many cons to write.
what i learned
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  7900 NW 27TH AVEOctober 15, 2018
The one on North side did not care about his employees . Employees always fighting, cursing,insulting the customers and the management do nothing about it
customers sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2018
got verbally harassed daily by customers and manager was a hard ball an refused to change anything, break times where soo short.some days breaks are even impossible to take
Pros
cheap itams
Cons
customers
It's a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 12, 2018
It's a job and it pays the bills. The company is not bad, they hire very unprofessional people as manager. The manager needs more customer training .
Decent job
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 12, 2018
Paid pretty low. Close to minimum wage. Expect people trying to steal. Management was good to me and the employees got along all together. Overall a good learning experience for my first job.
Meh
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OK 74601October 4, 2018
What can I say about this job? It's your basic soul-sucking minimum wage job that exploits hard work, and doesn't pay you accordingly for all your efforts.
Nice part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 3, 2018
After my move from Mississippi this was my first job. It doesn't give a lot of hours but it is a job. The people are nice and the work is not really challenging.
Enjoyed the environment
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2018
It was a great experience, the workers and customers was amazing people. You get the opportunity to work threw out the whole store along with learning the entire store. Not only that it bettered my skills in multitasking, taking on to more then three tasks at once without feeling overwhelmed.
Dollar tree is good 4 a part time job...4 like a student...sum1 with multiple jobs...or even elders
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 2, 2018
Honestly i (and EVERYBODY ELSE-LITERALLY) Thought the dollar tree was just a perfect* job for me.it really was..the kob responsiblies came eazy to me ..they were all for the most part kinda..my thing! ...on a regular.. and above that everything at or in a dollartree (amongst the..variety of things) sparked an interest to/for me
I loved the dollar tree!
Cons
They didnt not pay enough hourly, unfortunantly
Alright place, not my type of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYOctober 1, 2018
Took care of customers by cashing them out or providing service to whatever their needs may be. Clean store, front face the store, put back item that are out of place.
Not sure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 30, 2018
At one point I was happy working there. But Dollar Tree as a whole company from what I've seen in the almost 3 years of working there, doesn't value nor appreciate their employees or mangers. They are more worried about making money than having good reliable, hard working, I love my job type of people to work for & run their company. Turnover rate is high & pay rate is low.
Loved working here!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Greet customers with hello welcome to dollar tree. Learned store layout returning products to sales floor. I worked with some exciting people. I truly enjoy helping people find the things they need.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
No healthcare for part-time workers.
Fun friendly flexible work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IASeptember 16, 2018
It was fun working there, good management, fun customer interactions, quick paced, never boring, ability to move up, only downside is the pay isn't very good even for retail.
It was a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 15, 2018
It was easy to work at Dollar tree. I was able to get along with all of my co-workers, and supervisors. We all were able to maintain and keep the store clean efficiently.
Pros
10 min breaks, 30 min lunchs
Cons
Not enough workers on hand.
Work Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJSeptember 13, 2018
no incentives or school advancement no raises for hard. Little hours. no incentives. Store appearance was terrible and got treated poorly my management and other employees
Dollar Tree is like an uncaring lover
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MaineSeptember 13, 2018
When I first began working at Dollar Tree I enjoyed it immensely. My co-workers were great, management was decent, and teamwork was a vital part of the day.

Fast forward half a decade and Dollar Tree has gone downhill, a lot of it since buying out Family Dollar. The company doesn't care about its employees, thinking of them as easily replaceable.

When you get hired they do so with promises of competitive wages and opportunities for career advancements. Which isnsasly just lies. If they don't like your answers on the assessment then they keep you from ever retaking and having more than once chance at advancement. Also their "competitive wages" are minimum wages plus a few cent raise every year.
Cons
Corporate doesn't care about employees, low hours so you have to find a second job while remaining flexible for them
High school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GASeptember 12, 2018
The job was beginner job which provided me basic skills to get into the workforce. Being a high school student at the time allowed me to develop a work ethic for future en devours.
not good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PASeptember 11, 2018
Typical day
- walk in get orders barked at you
- the store is a complete mess, boxes in the aisle
- crazy busy, little to no staff help
- rude and sneaky employees
- little to no break time
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CASeptember 11, 2018
typical day at work is that i'm in the cashier and whenever theirs no costumer in the counter ill restock store stuff, greet costumers and put air in the balloons.
basic retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 7, 2018
very slow paced environment which requires very little physical ability. a well managed establishment and very team oriented which has good management with supervisors that are very able to help with problems and respond quickly to need.
Pros
stability
Cons
on feet for entire shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K