Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Nice place to work. Lots of items to choose.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEMay 23, 2018
The Dollar Tree has great items for a $1. I lilked waiting on the customers. They had great managers.

Keep busy filling the coolers and keeping the shelves stocked.

The management is really good and hardworking.
Pros
Great to help out with the helium baloons. .
Cons
Cashiers should be allowed to straighten around the store.
trash
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 22, 2018
trash place to work. nobody cares about anything, management shows favoritism and they don't care about if anything is wrong with you or if anything personal is going on in your life. they talk about they business out loud in front of everyone.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for dollar tree and had nice co-workers and managers to work with. I learned how to operate the cash register, build displays, and how to assist customers with returns. The workplace culture is diverse and unique. The hardest part of the job is performing at a quick pace and being able to satisfy all customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day.
Pros
Merchandising product
Cons
Encountering mean people at times.
Beneficial, Money Saving, and Organized
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAMay 15, 2018
all i did was stay by the cash register all day sometimes clean up most of the time stock shelves but there were only two cashiers working a day and sometime just me and the manager she does a good job though. the culture of the work place is neat and organized. the hardest part of the job is nothing really but stocking and the most enjoyable part is break time sometime we have pizza but the time period of the breaks are too shrt for me 10 mins isnt really enough.
Pros
free discounts to employees
Cons
short breaks, no benefits really
Relaxed Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick Terrace, NJMay 15, 2018
Quick interview process. Friendly working environment. Hours there if needed. Best for a second job. Reasonable pay. Friendly management. Clean working environment.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 14, 2018
Helping others always smile, if it’s a bad day you could make someone else’s day, never be afraid to ask someone if they need help! Always ask questions and stay alert
Slow Paced and Relaxed Days
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 11, 2018
The job was slow paced and relaxed, and the managers were great for the most part, My only issue is that I was not able to afford my own place of living with the pay there
Pros
Easy Work, Slow Paced
Cons
Pay, Hours
A good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 3, 2018
This job is good as long as all your work is done. But one of the managers tend to be a pain, Always in your business but if that manager was taken out this job would be at its best it’s a really good place overall.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 1, 2018
Great pleace to work. Friendly staff. Friendly management. Easy laid back job. Good pay. Cash handling. Restocking. Long term work environment. Nice ceos
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILMay 1, 2018
Dollars Tree only have two people working on night they need at least three or more to get the job done .sometimes time u don't even get a break
Dead end
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Craig, COApril 30, 2018
Im going to keep this short and sweet. If you want a job where they are illegally distributing the working hours , and not paying fairly and working under older woman who are drug addicts then work here
pretty good beginer job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEApril 25, 2018
normal day includes cashiering, stocking shelves, management was pretty good, the hard part of the day was when we would have slow times and there isn't much around to do, the best part was customer interaction.
Pros
great managment
Cons
low hours and pay
a job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 23, 2018
Dollar Tree a convenient store to shop for your daily needs of life. Easily accessible and great value for your dollar. Convenient hours of operation.
I loved working at the Dollar Tree
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 17, 2018
I loved working at the Dollar Tree because i love customer service and meeting new people. I enjoyed the fast paced work and staying busy stocking shelves, assisting customers and also checking customers out.
Pros
The people you come in contact with
Cons
low pay no full time
customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheboygan, MIApril 15, 2018
For experience retail customer service to slow. But someone just starting into retail pace is slow enough for them to learn about customer service how to handle customer
Cons
clocking out for 10 minutes breaks
Bad managment and horrible pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTApril 15, 2018
Store manager would rather be outside smoking and talking on the phone to her friends and husband then be inside to help cashier or customers. I had heard it had a high turn over rate and I now see why people only stay a month or so at a time. One assistant manager would come to work drunk or hung over almost daily and treated employees and customers horribly.
Pros
great customers
Cons
everything else about the job
Poor
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 5, 2018
My store had a really high turnover rate. During my time there I had three store managers which resulted in a lot of crazy changed including hours and duties.
Corporate doesn't care about employees. They are replaceable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYApril 5, 2018
Corporate is cheap. Little fifteen cent pay raises once a year. Doesnt matter how hard you work. Customers tear up the store. Managers dont want to work.
Pros
Cheap
Cons
Get a bad manager and the whole store suffers.
Dollar tree is a good place to work at if you are willing to get $200 a month
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJApril 1, 2018
Dollar tree is a good company buy not enough opportunities to get more money for the past month I'm only making about $200-300 dollars a month. Not enough hours in my opinion.
Dollar Tree
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 1, 2018
I liked working at dollar tree. It was a fast paced environment and I was always busy doing something. I had good relationships with customers and my coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K