Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 906 reviews matching the search See all 12,849 reviews
Fast pace and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXNovember 13, 2018
I loved it very much I loved my customers I worked hard I wasn’t afraid to work I got along with the employees I was fast and efficient I stocked I cleaned
Pros
My customers
Cons
My feet would hurt but it was fine
It was a good place to work for a part time job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2018
During my time there I learned how to communicate with outside cultures, which tested my patience but I prevailed. I also added a positive attitude to other employees.
Low pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 12, 2018
Coworkers were trash
The management was pretty good on things , except for when you wanted to move up in the store. The crew were slow and lacked professional service, their overall performance being that they worked there for so long was a negative 10 . I would recommend the job if you don’t have anyone or anything to support . The pay isn’t that good , you have to work your butt off to get a decent check and you can’t get over 40 hours soooo yea
Pros
Accommodating schedule
Cons
Low pay, awful coworkers
N/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2018
This store helped me in working and opening a new location .showed me how to do inventory and work with customers guiding them to new parts of the store.
Nice job for someone start
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 7, 2018
Dollar tree would not be a job for someone trying to make a living only because you don’t get many hours working there. It’s a nice and easy job to have.
Fair
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GANovember 7, 2018
Fun, good team to work with, they work with your schedule time to work, needs management improvement, needs fair treatment with all employees regardless of race, needs opportunities of employees voice to be heard
Cons
Little opportunity of advancement
unfair pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 7, 2018
unfair pay for what they demand of you. cashiers are expected to multitask and balance so much; do heavy lifting, stock shelves, clean, help people in person and on the phone, unload trucks, etc. and they can't even pay at least $9/hr. it took them 3 years to add $.30 to my starting pay (even while new people were getting paid more than me), and I and my boss had to address it more than once to have it happen. I gave 3 stars instead of 2 because it's a simple enough job with nice people, you're just not compensated enough and the corporate end is very irresponsible.
productive, relaxing work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 5, 2018
I really liked working for Dollar Tree, I enjoyed the other empolyers and i enjoyed working there with the manager that i had because he was very opend and he listened and cared about what his employees had to say and how we felt about the company
Pros
extra breaks, and extra shirts if available
Cons
slow paced
review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 1, 2018
It is is a good job for students and retired adults who just want something to do. It is always busy. The customers at my store anyway were the hardest, they are loud, rude, and allow their kids to do whatever they want.
Pros
Seeing all the new items come in.
Cons
The customers
Nice Store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2018
I maintained this job and i enjoyed my coworkers. Not bad for a first job and experience or for a job while attending school for a trade. It wasnt enough pay but you meet lots of good people witch allows doors for other oppertunities.
Pros
first job experience
Cons
lots of work for not enouygh pay
Not busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INOctober 27, 2018
They weren't very busy. Got really rude when it came to five to ten minutes after closing with customers still in the store. Had a rude boss that only yelled at me even if I was already cleaning or stocking shelves.
Pros
If no customers were around got to clean stock shelves and smoke breaks if needed.
Cons
Short breaks for long shifts.
would like more hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 26, 2018
i was an ok place to work wish i couldve had more hours. i was getting like 25 hours per week. not enough for annually living costs where i stay at. the environment was ok.
Slave labor
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 25, 2018
Worst place I ever worked to get any hours we would have to be on call all the time. We would be asked 30 minutes before a shift if we could come In and if for some reason we couldn't we would be treated unfair and lose hours only be schedule 2 days the following week. We work our butt off and get treated like dirt..
Pros
Stocking graveyard shift
Cons
I enjoy working at Dollar Tree customers are good and frienly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  King City, CAOctober 24, 2018
I have work here for about 2 1/2 months .wish i have more then 8 hrs a week so i don't have to search for another job opportunity.over all i enjoy working at Dollar tree.The people are very friendly and coworkers are awesome.
Pros
10 minutes break
Cons
Not enoght representatives
Decent, limited
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2018
The typical day was standing at a register waiting on customer purchases and/or stocking front area. I learned how to deal with stressful people and situations which did sometimes occur. Managers largely wanted you to just stay busy. Culture was fine in that as long as you did your part there wouldn't be any problems. Hardest part was when it would get busy and hectic.
Most enjoyable was my co workers. Good place to work if you're looking to make extra $ like I was.
Pros
Part Time, Flexible
Cons
Uneven customer flow, attitudes
Fun place to work but only a part time job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Paula, CAOctober 23, 2018
It’s a great environment place to work. You’ll meet a lot of people and give great customer service. It’s a great place for a first job. Management is pretty great
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2018
It was fast paced and busy and you meet a lot of different people and the store has great products for a good price and you can find whatever you need in the store
Low wages not enough hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 18, 2018
Everyone knows when u apply for dollar tree it's an seasonal position but when your coworkers dont come to work and they are short staffed when it's time for you to get off can you work but when they feel your going over oh you off tomorrow or csn you can come in a little bit later but why show I have to change schedule to accommodate their needs but when I'm doing my shift amd everybody elses shift but you wanna know why i say no .going home because I'm getting the bitter end of the stick
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
High turn overs
Productive, Friendly, and Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2018
At Dollar Tree we got our work done and also kept it fun. We also made sure we greeted every customer that walked in to make sure they felt welcome. We also made sure they was able to find everything they need before they checked out. Working at Dollar Tree has help me become more of a people's person. The management is wonderful but the hardest part of my job was the end of the shift when we left i loved my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the customers leave happy.
Pros
Great hours, Good pay, and Wonderful Employees
Cons
Short Breaks, No free lunch, and Their not twenty-four hours
Dollar Tree isn't my favorite place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, OHOctober 17, 2018
i learned a lot within my 5 years working there but i would never recommend any one to go work there. Cause there is a lot of favoritism there. Plus when got sick and had to call off a couple times they frown upon that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K