Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

fun work experiences i had
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2018
i had fun working at dollar tree on of the best jobs so far but i was only there seasonal job but they did said they will hired me again when they need people work there
Great people great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
Overall it was a great work experience ,and a great work environement. Besides the pay it was perfect . People had good attitudes everyday I came to work and it was wonderful especially during mornings , which was different for me because usually I have a hard time focusing in the morning ,but with so much good vibes coming from everyone in and out of the store it made all those hard times disappear perfectly.
Pros
Work enviroment, co workers, lunch break, everything but pay
Cons
Pay
Great workplace with family-like co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MOFebruary 19, 2018
I love working for Dollar Tree. It is a great entry-level job for anyone over the age of 18. They are great with managing around difficult schedules like mine.
This is not a review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
I am not interested in submitting a review of Dollar Tree, however, i cannot figure out how to proceed without completing this portion of the form. -Former Dollar Tree Employee
Time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 19, 2018
The hours are at maximum 20 no matter position applied for. The opportunity to advance takes longer with the lack of hours. Really wish i could say more good than bad but I honestly did not enjoy the time there.
Fun and productive place to work. Always on your feet.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 19, 2018
I grew up going to the Dollar Tree as kid and i loved it. Everyone was super nice and a couple of the managers were very kind and helpful. It's a very productive place so your always moving and on your feet. You are giving a list of things to do during your time of work, your coworkers are very nice and helpful. you get stuff done as a team or individually. its a very easy great first job for those with little experience or no experience and I'd love to be an employer for dollar tree again.
Pros
Paid breaks, lunch, good management, nice coworkers
Cons
seasonal position, angry customers, un-professional manager
Busy most of the time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gunnison, COFebruary 18, 2018
Most of the time I worked at the cash register, helped people find things and merchandised. I learned that it was important to keep things clean and organized for good shopping experiences. Managers were clear about what needed to be done. Management was positive. Work culture was busy since I worked at peak times. The hardest part was lifting heavy boxes of merchandise to be put on shelves. Enjoyed the customers and their repeated visits.
Pros
Usually only worked 4 hour days.
Cons
minimal wage
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 18, 2018
A typical day at work involved ringing up customer items and stocking shelves as needed. I learned to manage my time and move quickly and swiftly when lines backed up, remain calm and approachable. I enjoyed the environment and always looked forward to going to work. There wasn't anything hard about the job.
Dollar Tree can stress you out if you let it!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2018
The worst time to work for dollar tree is during the Christmas season. Customers will usually corporate but when things don't move as fast as they would like they will get testy. I tend to small and joke when they may start feel uneasy, its my job to call for backup when 5 or more guest enter my line. I try to keep the fast pace but will usually have a lot of obstacles. I will 8 of 10 times greet guest as the walk into the store making for a better experience.
Pros
Just depend of the time and management
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAFebruary 15, 2018
I love the environment of my work place. The people are professional and amazing. I like that the work place can become fast pace. I love interacting with the public. My management team is great. Only thing wrong with the company is not enough hours and not enough pay.
Pros
Easy going but also fast pace work environment
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work enjoyed all the customers. loved to meet new people. Management was the best. Really havent had a hard part until holidays. most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new customers and working with great people.
Pros
brought my own lunches
Cons
breaks were 15 minutes but were great
Very good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 12, 2018
Strong belief in company loyalty, professional and superior work ethic. Strong leadership and a positive attitude that motivates others to higher levels of performance.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Cons
Toleratable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAFebruary 11, 2018
At the time i was working there in that location a lot of the managers & employees where very inappropriate & unprofessional at all times. They would never care to mess up your schedule because their lives where always more important.
Pros
great customers
Cons
horrible co-workers
Boring and slow workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIFebruary 9, 2018
The company made maybe 1000 dollars a day so that can tell you all you needed to know about how much you made when you got paid. The job was slow and the manager wa a rude.
Nice people to work with. Pay and hours are lacking, though.
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoy my co-workers, and boss. But I'm not a huge fan of the corporate side, higher-ups. Barely allowing hours, starting at minimum wage and barely giving opportunity for advancement. As simply a job - I'm not a fan. But I love my co-workers.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Dollor tree was a fun work place environment.. I love seeing my repeated customers everyday, I was starting to build a relationship with them.. Serving them with there needs met made me happy and love working.. There were some challenges however I got through it.. I have learned a lot to carry me on where I am today..
Pros
Easy to get a day off if needed
Cons
I got pregnant and couldn't work due to health problems
very good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAFebruary 4, 2018
i was always excited to go to work every time i was scheduled..very enjoyable place to work.just have a concern about management .very easy fast and slow pace environment.
Pros
interacting and socializing
Great place to work for students looking for entry level and part time employment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2018
Be able to multitask. Will be standing on feet so wear supportive shoes. Bring snacks or have snack in mind because breaks are very fast! Overall it’s a good place to work. They only offer part time unless you’re management.
Pros
Very easy job
Cons
Short breaks, only management works full time
Thick Skin and Friendly Smile
Cashier / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR 97402February 2, 2018
It's not a hard job to do, but to be recognized or appreciated for a job well done is rare. There isn't much internal communication for employees and the management doesn't show thanks when the hard work is done right. The day you have at work depends on what kind of a mood the manager or assistant manager is in that day.
Pros
Short commute and it is a paycheck
Cons
Supper short 10 minute breaks and bad attitudes
Customer Service
Cashier/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILFebruary 2, 2018
The Dollar Tree is and best company to be apart of they offer stock,401 k with them and its a great learning experience. I stay with the company for seven years.
Pros
Meeting all the different kinds of people.
Cons
It just a part time jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K