Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Cashier

cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WI 53227May 21, 2018
I love working at dollar Tree but could get more pay and hours and early day time shifts. I know it is a dollar tree and that is not what they do put I wish they would try to work on try to do better
Pros
Cons
more pay and more early shift hours and work 8 hours also
Productive but a bit slow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanawha City, WVMay 20, 2018
Overall being a cashier is easy at Dollar tree. Highly recommend for a first time job. All you have to do is maintain up front and your register, assist customers and maintain the balloon station. You don't have to worry about prices or price checks because everything is a dollar or less.
Pros
Easy going pace
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dollar Tree. The managers were very understanding of my life circumstances and gaveme the time off I needed to get better. When I moved out of state the company transferred my employment.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
In the smaller stores there's not enough room for high volume sales
Flexible schedule
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAMay 18, 2018
If you have a manager who works with you then your work schedule is pretty flexible. You do not have to formally put in requests off but instead mark your name on a calendar for what days you need off. It helps if your life schedule is pretty hectic and you need certain days or time off.
Typical Day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 18, 2018
Typical day consisted of:
-Being yelled at by the manager
-Stocking shelves
-Tending the cash register
-Folding/Blowing up balloons
-Cleaning/organizing shelves and isles
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
productive place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 17, 2018
just a typical day at work very easy job get alone with your co-workers very well they would help you through everything if you are lost or need help with anything they won't hesitate to help you out .
Cons
short breaks
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMay 17, 2018
A decent first job to gain some experience in a working environment. I would recommend Dollar Tree to any first time employee looking to gain some career experience
An average job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAMay 17, 2018
This was my second job that I held concurrently with my first as the hours from both were quite few for me. I had no issues there at all, but after a change in the General Manager, I was suddenly given no hours at all despite repeated requests to be given a shift. I quietly left the company after not being given a shift for a month and having found another job.
Works very well with customers
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 16, 2018
They are very polite with all customers and they know how to start a friendly conversation with anyone. They work well with any kind of call outside and they work very well when it comes to having pregnant women working there.
rating
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MD 21222May 16, 2018
They didn't give a lot of hours. The most hours you had in a shift was about three to four hours. The maximum was five hours. They also called in work for about three to four days in a week.
horrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIMay 16, 2018
dollar tree is a horrible place to work at. especially if your working on east capitol their ghetto. the manager doesn't do their jobs. the customers are rude and disrespectful.
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chester, MDMay 16, 2018
Just be prepared to work and keep a smile . Be willing to work as a team . Be a flexible worker and please customers. I think you should get more hours
Pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 16, 2018
Management was willing to work with you on advancement. As long as you did not miss any work. Enjoyed working with the public. Fellow co-workers were friendly. As long as you made the effort to get along with them.
Pros
Advancement potential, Training on new things
Cons
No pay for breaks
A job to get by
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Dollar Tree. There were fast and slow days. this. Management communicated well and was understanding. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
I would say that Dollar Tree was a great place to work. I had a great manager. The customers were very nice to work with. It was only 5-10 minutes from where I lived at the time. Overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
the managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 15, 2018
The management is unreliable and scheduling doesn't make sense. They would post schedules but never put the dates on them so best guess what day you were suppose to work.
Nice place to work unless you have poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 15, 2018
A typical day at Dollar Tree was busy and stressful. Stressful because you may be the only one working on the register. Management seems like it doesn't care what you think. You may like working cashier but unloading the truck you wont like.
Pros
Around people you may know
Cons
Short breaks, Low pay
It’s a cool work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 15, 2018
I like it there I just wish I was paid more that’s it . It’s cool because your not on a time clock to see if you can ring someone out faster then the other person in front or behind you can.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 14, 2018
Just show up and do your job it a no nonsense environment and they have no problem firing you and finding someone else to do your job and they have plenty of options to do so
Quick paced working with individuals and customers to improve their shopping experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 12, 2018
Management was poor and hours were low. Employees were always quitting and leaving from the lack of consistency. Making transactions were easy for small and large purchases. Co workers were somewhat friendly but it is just a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K