Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Cashier

Fun work place
Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXAugust 17, 2018
During the time i've worked at the Dollar tree i've enjoyed working with the other employees I work with from different shifts. We learn to work as team, and have our responsibilities done at the end of the day. Mostly I enjoy the customer service part of my job where I get to interact with other people that give their input on our work performance.
Pros
Everything is a dollar.
Cons
Short hours
Good first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEAugust 16, 2018
This is a great first job. It is slow at times and fast at times. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for a job that is good pay. The pay is ok. I think you get paid for what you do. You don't do much. Again it's only good for a first time job and that's it.
Pros
Good first time job.
Cons
Not the best pay.
Working at Dollar Tree
cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2018
Working at Dollar Tree has helped me improve my skills in being a cashier, customer service, stocking, & working with money. It's easy for me to work in a fast paced environment. Working here has also given me skills in stocking, which I have never had before.
Enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 16, 2018
Each store has a different dynamic, but overall it is a fun & enjoyable company to work for. The seasonal displays are always fun to set up & see. If you happen to be creative, then helping customers decide on mylar balloons & latex to create a balloon bouquet is exciting.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NH 03264August 15, 2018
I enjoyed working here the people were great, just did not get enough hours and the pay was not nearly enough to cover my living expenses while I was attending school.
Trexlertown facility was the by far the best retail career I ever had
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAAugust 15, 2018
Working for the manager at the Trexlertown store was by far my best retail experience. She kept everything upbeat and fun. This made the day go faster and more enjoyable to work.
Pros
Cons
Non
fun friendly fast
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 15, 2018
okay job but have got in trouble over stuff i wasn't informed of i don't get very many hours has been over a week and still didn't have my schedule calling in every day to see if i work had a few manager calling for the same reason
Interesting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 14, 2018
The customers were easily the best part of this job. A lot of locals with low incomes did their grocery shopping at our store, so a lot of familiar, friendly faces came in all the time. I only wish they paid a livable wage or i would have never left possibly
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 14, 2018
sales associates perform basic customer service duties. Primary responsibilities include meeting and greeting customers, assisting in sales, and answering questions about products, services, and merchandise. Dollar Tree sales associate may also double as cashiers at some locations.
Dollar Tree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, MIAugust 14, 2018
A typical day at Dollar Tree is constant work. As a cashier, you must take care of the customers. If no customers are coming in, you must go through all the go-backs and place them correctly in the store. If there are no go-backs (along with no customers in the store) you must portal the store for any misplaced items and place them back into their respected places. The key thing that has taught me is that if you look as if you don't want to work the job that was given to you then you won't have the job. The most enjoyable thing about Dollar Tree was handling the customers. I haven't had a problem with a customer and it's nice to talk as well as helping them out with things in the store. The hardest activity was either finding things to do after everything was done or keeping up with things during the busy days. At Dollar Tree, we're required to wear a formal green shirt with either caky pants or black slacks with closed toe shoes.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours.
Cons
not enough hours.
I liked the people and the work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 13, 2018
I loved working there good people good work place. I cleaned stocked cashier. I worked fast and good at working with team. I didn't have alot of issue.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Dollar Tree. I liked my coworkers, the managers were pretty cool and laid back, training was good, pay was good, hours were pretty good for part time. I would definitely recommend working at Dollar Tree.
Pros
Pay, hours, coworkers, environment
not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 12, 2018
its dirty
you will never get over time
its understaffed
no one cares about their position
there are no outside slots for carts
the parking lot is a nightmare
Pros
dutch bros in the parking lot
Cons
everything else
Run
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIAugust 12, 2018
I will never work for another place that has a weak managment. If your management is overruled and overrun by your employees then it's not really management.
Cons
Numerous unfortunately
nice place to work but better management would have made a difference
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCAugust 12, 2018
My overall review of working at dollar tree was not bad, i learned how to organize my jobs in a timely manner, interact with the general public in a professional and friendly manner. I learned here that management of the company at which you work is the overall backbone and support system, if management goes against others the work place will have a overall bad management and vise versa.
The hardest part of this job was being exspected to cover for people who often called out, i didnt mind at first but eventually felt like i was taken advantage of. Switching to a positive note my most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with great customers on a daily and feeling appreciated
Pros
mostly got the time off i requested
Cons
expected to cover everyones shift
work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 12, 2018
Holidays are hectic and stressful. Almost every month there is another "holiday" or occasion that brings a lot of customers in. Stocking is the most relaxing part of the job.
Dollar Tree Is an excellent company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYAugust 11, 2018
My experience at Dollar Tree has been phenomenal. It wasn't my intent to work there so long but the hours were great while I attended college. The staff there is great and they treat you with respect. The customers that come there give me compliments on the store all the time on how well organized the store is and how nice and friendly my staff is. The pay is decent for the work I do there and I feel that Dollar Tree is great company to work for.
Pros
Clean Enviroment & Friendly Staff
Cons
Low salary & No benefits
ok to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2018
it was too much for me work there also they paid everyone check after 2 weeks and its not worth it. every employees only work for 3 hours or 5 not more then that. also slow and too busy and mess all the time.
Productive but lack of tools to finish pushing product
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 11, 2018
Pushing product is quick and sometimes a little stressful. Lacks the tools to help finish projects. Demands to much from their associates to pushing all frieght out.
Pros
Very productive, easy to work for
Cons
Not enough associates to help cover shifts, Little to no communication between team, demands to much from their associate
Not Recommended
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLAugust 10, 2018
My manager at the job was a great guy however all Shift Supervisors and Assistant Manager under him were awful, very bad superiority complex with a competitive attitude going on, didn't feel easy to do the job there but the job was actually easy.
Pros
Flexible Breaks
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53K