Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Cashier

CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIFebruary 16, 2018
Loved working here. Work was very easy and the workplace stayed cleaned. Nothing about the job was hard I picked up really quickly on everything. The most fun part of the job was the regular customers that shopped at dollar tree
Pros
Easy. Fun. Cool manangement team.
Short Term Job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 16, 2018
To start with we all have shopped at Dollar Tree, DO NOT JUST LEAVE STUFF AROUND THE STORE OR OPEN PACKAGES. We are expected to do much more in the store and to have to come in behind you and pick up the store after it is destroyed just makes it so much harder on employees. Just one person leaving one thing somewhere else times 600-800 people coming into that store is A LOT OF STUFF to pick up. I felt more like a MAID than cashier.
Pros
Seeing stuff early
Cons
Physically hard
no hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2018
The atmosphere is good customers are good. store is clean....Don't need as many people as we have, which makes it hard for people that have bills to pay to get the hours needed...
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
No hours
interesting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAFebruary 16, 2018
working at the dollar tree always kept me on my toes because i never knew what to expect when i go in to start my shift. everyday was something different . i was ring up customers then go stock then when shipment came in i would be unloading
Temporary worker
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHFebruary 16, 2018
I only worked there for the holiday season- literally a month between November and December. Once Christmas was over, they simply stopped scheduling me without warning.
N/a
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grandview, WAFebruary 15, 2018
It was a good work environment, fast paced and plenty to do. It is a good first job for someone starting to look for work. You mainly provide good customer service.
Never rec. this place to anyone
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Typical work day at least were I was placed. Sign in and attempt to stock shelves as customers need to be rung out, same with unloading trucks. Very few times the correct amount of staff on duty.
Pros
Na
Cons
No integrity
fun little place for people who just want 2 shifts a week...not me
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 14, 2018
cashier mostly i learned alot and how to deal with customers, they dont give out many shifts so the salary and pay day is very low looking for a new job
Pros
organized
Cons
not many shifts
decent work environment
Ensembled store/cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2018
They worked with you when it came to the scheduling. Was not to much over bearing work load. I was offered to advance within the company. There was to much gossiping there for me though.
Loved my Manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILFebruary 13, 2018
I can say that my work experience at Dollar Tree was a enjoyable one. my manager was amazing and I found the work to be just fine. nothing is too hard.
I loved working at Dollar Tree
S Sam Houston Tollway - Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  8501 S Sam Houston TollwayFebruary 13, 2018
It was really easy working at Dollar Tree and anyone with decent Customer Service Skills, will find the work very easy. Time passes quickly when holiday season. Great Managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 13, 2018
This was my second job and I had worked on and off for 3 years. This job kept me aflot when I moved and it was decent work. I had to leave because I was layed off.
Cons
Didn't provide many hours. Always getting called in on my days off
Retail Job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, AZFebruary 13, 2018
This is a typical retail job with minimum wage pay. I am a people person and I enjoyed that. The schedule was not as flexible as I would have liked but I appreciated the experience.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Working weekends.
Busy work place
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Be more prepared for a busy day. With only a 10 minute break, and 5hrs each day. I only work 2 days out the week. And they were paying $7.35 an hour, I was sick so I tried calling out but they said I would be fired if I didn’t come which was so inconsiderate.
Pretty busy, Kind co-workers, comfortable environment
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 12, 2018
It wasn't easy to work and it was really busy when I started working because it was right around the holidays. However, it was a really great experience to work there. I got to learn what it was like to stock shelves, organize and clean up isles, and work at a register. I also got close to my co-workers and was very sad to leave.
Pros
plenty of hours, helped me gain experience, supported my decisions
Cons
hard time with allergies during Christmas
I loved woking there and would work there again.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Everyone there was friendly. My schedule was always made correctly and works with days you need off. Management is very friendly and understanding as well as strict.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2018
A normal day ready to work . with some days could be better then others days but it is good days. The Management was good the customers was sweet an the Eployees are excellent workers.
Cons
short breaks
fun place to work
Casher/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 11, 2018
Dollar Tree is a great place to work I've been there for 7yrs now and I love it there just need more hours but besides that always have fun working the customers are great
Pros
Cons
no healthcare .15 cent raises a year
Very fun place to work
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 10, 2018
I opened and had to ring up customers stuff, I had to stock the shelf, I had to close and count my drawer down, I had to greet customers, sweep and mop
Pros
10% discount
Cons
15 mins
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 9, 2018
i had fun working with such productive workers everything was fun and enjoyable the management was nice and the employees were strong and helpful i had a blast working for dollar tree

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K