Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

I enjoyed my job dearly...
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, GAJune 16, 2018
I very much enjoyed my coworkers and awesome management!!! However, I believe that the management and employees of the company should have been compensated a bit more within a reasonable pay scale, due to the duties carried out by each worker...
Fun workplace
Cashier\Stocker (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 12, 2018
It was a great place to work and be around great peoples. I learned a lot and I taught an lot as well. I would stock up the shelves and I also was a cahier.
It’s okay
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2018
Dollar tree is a good first job to have for people. Its more for people that has never worked a day in their life. Or for retired people that just want to get out the house.
It was an ok place to work
Cashier/stocker (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 11, 2018
Working at dollar Tree is very stessfull. Your expected to do a lot in a little bit of time and if your not used to that then your in trouble. The Manager there is horrible you can hardly ever talk to her so if there’s a problem your in your own.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very short breaks rude staff
Good place to work not very stressful
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Evans, COJune 11, 2018
honestly since i work maybe three days a week and 4-5 hours a day its not that stressful of a job at all you. you go and do your job. the staff is really nice and its kinda like a family but you do have a uniform there. you get ten minute breaks instead of 15 but it ok.
Pros
no stress
Cons
cant really pick your hours
Nice Area
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 11, 2018
This was a job that i needed at the time to make some money, The work environment was good but they didn't pay much at all and wouldn't give you more than 30 hours.
Pros
liked the location
Cons
Pay was low not many hours
Fast pace over worked and under paid
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALJune 8, 2018
managers are rude and cause drama with the cashiers i enjoyed the work but i didn't enjoy the pay its a lot for one person to handle with little to no experience
Pros
fun first job
Cons
no pro mos no benefits lousy managers
It was ok place to work.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJune 7, 2018
Didn’t really like it there. Didn’t get much hours. The people where nice I did enjoy the customers. I wouldn’t work there again because I’m out of school and need a full time job.
Good job if you little bit extra money
Cashier/ Stocker (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJune 7, 2018
This is not kind of job that you can fully live for it, it's more like job that you can do on nights or weekend to have little bit extra money. Sometimes you can experience how people are not greatful for that kind of store and leaving store in huge mess by not putting staff on it's own palce but on another side of the store. Hours jumps form over 30 hours one week and other less than 20.
If you don't care about making fortune and want to kill some free time that will be a good job.
Productive and great experience
Stocker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 5, 2018
It was a great experience, I needed more than 5 hours a day. It has a lack of organization . I am a determined worker. I will recommend anyone to this job
Fun
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 3, 2018
When I worked at dollar tree it was fun and out going.
My favorite was goin in in the am opening the store and I also enjoyed closing at times. I also liked working with my friend.
exciting place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working here but it was unfortunately not enough hours to make a decent or livable paycheck. management was great and I enjoyed my co-workers
Dont work here
Cashier and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 29, 2018
Four 4 hours shifts per week at $13 per hour on a biweekly pay check is so pointless. I dont know how they think thats livable pay. Even as a second job its not doing much. They are perfect for teenagers yet they hire 18 and over. Shoplifting is a huge problem in the store n they rather the employees act as lost prevention and security instead of hire ppl for that position. No benefits 10 minutes breaks are mandatory so u dont even get ur whole 4 hours.
horrible
Cashier/Stock/Freight Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2018
store manager only wanted spanish speaking people. nasty to customers work hours lower then what should have been no training you have to have a quick learning curve to be efficient enough per their standards
Pros
Cons
short breaks, poor management
A work environment that keeps you busy and on your toes.
Cashier/Shelf Stocker (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 28, 2018
When customers aren't around, there are plenty of tasks that are given to be done. Even if you finish with the tasks assigned to you, there's always something to do to occupy the downtime of an employee.
Pros
Good work atmosphere.
Cons
Inconsistent hour scheduling. You may get few hours one week, but many the next. No benefits.
Just be careful
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Darlington, SCMay 27, 2018
Dollar tree is a good job just can't get caught up with employees or too friendly cause that how drama starts. If you work hard do your job you get hours and the check will show for it
Overworked
Cashier/Stock/Assistant Mangaer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 25, 2018
There was a lot of work expected in a little amount of time with not enough staff to get it all done. Under payed and under appreciated. The staff was not always trained properly.
Fun place to work for a first job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
You clean up your work area and get ready to start working , For my first job I learned a lot at Dollar Tree, The management was good. Some of the Workers were Rude but the other workers were very sweet and polite. The hardest part about dollar tree was when customers were using check because at that time I was not familiar with Checks, but being where I am now, I know how checks work. I loved to check people stuff out , it was so fun.
Pros
You learn new things everyday
Cons
Some managers were mean.
Laidback workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMay 21, 2018
I like the employees and the customers in that area. By the store has went down and hours are not good anymore im trying to find a second job now because this job is not enough for my living situation although i am blessed to have a job ,but need a better opportunity.
Pay is not great and customers can be rude
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2018
I came to work with the intention of being the best employee on the schedule and I did just that. I was attentive when on the register and worked to put merchandise out the fastest so I got a lot of hours
Pros
Chance to become manager
Cons
very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K