Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search See all 13,060 reviews
Dollar Tree can be a very relaxed work place, but when it gets busy with customers lined up and gets very quick pass and stressful.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 11, 2018
Overall Dollar Tree was a nice job to work at. Even though it was stressful and quickpased when it got busy, i still enjoyed working there. Although, I wish the pay was a little more then minimum wage. I was a cashier and also stocked.
Pros
Full-time. Easy job.
Cons
Customers can be rude.
Dollar tree
Cashier and Stocker (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHDecember 7, 2018
My typical work day was running register and making sure customers where satisfied and found everything okay. I would help them if they couldn't. I also restocked shelves and conditioned a lot.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managers
Do Not Work Here.
Shelf Stocker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTDecember 6, 2018
Dollar tree is a disorganized mess. Unloading the truck was often dangerous because of most of the boxes were loose. The inventory room was often cluttered. Delivery schedules were random. The shelves were dirty because they were never cleaned.
Pleasant Realistic Stepping Stone
Cashier-Stock (Current Employee) –  Coos Bay, OR 97459December 6, 2018
Over all I have enjoyed working for Dollar Tree. Always bubbly staff, an great communications. Very upbeat surroundings, new obstacles an questions everyday. Hard not to learn something new. Ide have to say the hardest part of working for dollar tree would have to be keeping up and staying out of the way of the hundreds of costumers going though the store daily. Most enjoyable would defiantly have to be the communications of the staff always upbeat, charitable, an all focused on the same goal. Greet the costumer, Exceed the costumers expectations, an Thank the Costumer.
Pros
No Background Checks, No Experience nessicary, An also very understanding flexable hours.
Cons
Hectic, Short shifts short breaks and open on holidays
Dollar Tree
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
This is not a company to work for if you're looking for a career. Dollar Tree is a company if you need to work part-time for extra income employment.
Pros
various location
Cons
not enough hours
Was productive and kept everyone busy
cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXDecember 4, 2018
A typical work day for me depended on my shift and what area i was working in. For instance it i was cashier that day or Reciver (Person that helps unload trucks) but Id have to say most of the time i worked evening and mornings. and they normal start off with greeting the customers that are in the store and getting my register in order for my shift.

I learned many things while working in Dollar Tree. How to use a cashregister, How to unload trucks, and even where things are supose to go in the back room and how to stock shelfs.

Management was very reasonable with me and made sure I understood what I was doing. as well as helped me whenever I had questions or though I had made a small mistake.

the hardest part of the job for me personally was learning to give change back to the customer or receiving truck near holidays

I enjoyed working with my coworkers and helpping the customers find what they needed. I also enjoyed making sure everything was in order when I worked the evening shifts.
Pros
Meeting new people, Great managment, great first job experince.
Cons
Not enough hours
relaxed
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYDecember 3, 2018
Dollar Tree is a very Nice Store it is very busy everyday but mostly on Holidays. I learned how to be multitask ; My manager is very Nice & helpful. The prices of each item are great and affordable and the most fun part about my job is helping others.
Pros
you get payed for 10 minute breaks
Cons
10 minute breaks or 30 minutes
Fast paced during trucks.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIDecember 2, 2018
Other than during the unloading the pace of the store was pretty relaxed. I enjoyed the customer relations especially at this store because a reoccurring customer was common.
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
dollar tree is a peaceful workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 30, 2018
I worked as a cashier and as a stock associate at dollar tree. Cashiering was a simple process, as was counting and dropping the till before and after shift. Stocking was a bit more difficult because the merchandise is always changing from the company purchaseing whole sale shipment containers with who knows what inside, aside from their permanent brand contracts. The truck hours would change and vary each week but there i always between 1500-2500 items of freight to be unloaded and categorized to specific u-boats per aisle and section. The truck is unloaded by hand unless it is already on a pallet like the frozen food section. After separating freight, we would begin stocking the aisles with it and then break down the boxes for recycling. It can be incredibly and physically taxing, especially when one or two stock associates don't show up for their shift and the truck needs to be unloaded either way within 2 hours maximum. The store manager was a great guy so I will certainly give credit where its due.
Pros
physical work, easy cashiering
Cons
customers stealing, no security cameras, back stock area unorganized
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 29, 2018
Dollar tree started off real nice, however the district kept switching out managers. I learned from that job, a lot of times people complain about the managers when in reality most managers are just following instructions from above. The job taught me to stay focus and keep my eye on the prize and to never settle for anything less than what I want.
Pros
work
Cons
system
I loved working for dollartree
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 28, 2018
Dollartree was the best job i ever had and i would recammend people to work there and if i could i would go back to dollartree ceo and supervisor and employees was fun to work with
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
We had reasonable lunch break
Not enough hours
Stocker/Cashier/Unloading Trucks (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, TNNovember 26, 2018
I enjoyed my co workers it didn't seem like work. I also loved getting a look at new items first so I can recommend them to other customers. I just didn't get enough hours.
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun but demanding
Cashier, Stocker, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 25, 2018
It was fun but demanding when it was busy. Needed more time for training to show how shelving items into place correctly to look neat and orderly. Staff in stores need to share duties including cleaning floors, restrooms and trash.
Pros
Inexpensive cool items for sale
Cons
Trying to keep store clean
Not a bad place to work, but it doesn't pay the bills.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Florence, KyNovember 25, 2018
I don't hate working here, however the pay is ridiculously low considering the amount of business (at least my store in particular) has. We work our tails off for minimum wage.. it's a good job if you're just looking for something to get you out of the house, but if I'm being honest it doesn't provide much else. Oddly enough, you have to be 18 to work at Dollar tree, yet I don't know a single adult who doesn't live with their parents who can live off of $7.35 an hour

For reference I live in Kentucky, make 7.35 an hour and work between 20-26 hours a week (I work 5 days but the shifts are only 4-6 hours) we get paid biweekly so my checks are usually between 230-260. That's barely $500 a month.
Pros
Nice managment, customers are usually friendly, if you work less than 6 hours you get a paid 10 minute break, time goes quickly
Cons
Low pay, no benefits unless you're full time (which no one is because of the short shifts), biweekly pay
Good job
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 25, 2018
Need to pay more but it's a good job.its a good store to work for good manerger, people,and good time and hours but not enough pay and I love working there.
Fun working environment but not enough hours a week to survive
Cashier, stocker, and help customers find items (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 24, 2018
I loved working for this company unfortunately I had to leave cause I was only getting 8 hours a week employees are very nice and friendly will go out of the way to help you
Cons
Not enough hours
Good cowrkers, Bad company
Dollar Tree Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INNovember 20, 2018
While management did a great job the company overall failed with lacked of advancement being as you could only apply as part time unless it was for a management position. The coworkers were friendly and helpful and if you lacked in one area they helped you build it up. The atmosphere was lovely and inviting while still having a serious tone to it.
Pros
Once a year you get cookies.
Cons
No full time, No benefits
Not that great
Stock and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
The job itself was great. The management wasnt great though. They woulf cut hours for no reason amd they under paid so much its not even worth work there.
Fun,and fast paced work place and easy to deal with.
Stock and cashier (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 7, 2018
Using cash register and stocking items on shelf and unloading truck daily . Providing superior customer service to the customer with a smile and greeting them and thanking them daily.
typical seasonal position with a retailer
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CA 96097November 6, 2018
I only worked there for one holiday season. It didn't feel much different than working for other retail companies. High expectations that sometimes feel unrealistic. The manager at the store I worked at expected a lot from her employees but she was very fair and didn't expect them to do anything she wouldn't do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K