Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

ok place
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 17, 2018
it was a job I needed at the time to help pay bills that's it I was stocking cashier and remodling when she needed me I was pregnant at the time and when I went in labor I did go back
typical retail store
Cashier/Stocker/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJSeptember 16, 2018
dollar tree is very fun and family environment. I learned how to be a very well cashier, perfect for a beginner. the hardest things about this job would be very understanding with these customers.
Pros
longer breaks as full time
Cons
short breaks for part time
Great Place to Work
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 15, 2018
Was very flexible and I enjoyed the time I spent working there. The management was very friendly and the staff was as well. Hardest part of the job was that there wasn't really that many other people there to help out. But the ones that were there were very friendly.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not Enough Help
not the best place I've worked
Cashier/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WASeptember 14, 2018
poor hours and management. unorganized and completely unsafe environment. hours were horrible and when i was scheduled it was always when i had to be at school. little to no help from management with training. they just stick you on a computer and let you lose.
Relaxing and Productive environment
Dollar Tree Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2018
The first thing that I would do on the days that weren't truck day was vacuum the store. After that I would make sure all my inventory for my work station was loaded on to my cart for stocking. Then I would pull and rotate from oldest to new while stocking.
Clean shelves and make sure I was working fast to meet my expected number of unloading my inventory.
Some days would be better than other I admit because my manager would have me do other tasks while also having to complete my work on top of that.
I would always do the freight managers job such as reorganizing the inventory in the stock room from bottom to top to make sure everything balanced out right from tipping over. Management seemed complacent with having me do there work on top of mine. Lol but I didn't mind because it showed how hard of a worker I am and it showed.
Pros
Relaxful most work days, listen to music while I stocked, friendly employees and customers
Cons
Manager had me do there work and mine in a short amount of time.
Great company and great managers, but the hours aren't there
CASHIER, STOCKER (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, ORSeptember 13, 2018
Everything was great about the company itself, however, there were too many employees and not enough hours to go around. I would recommend this job only to someone who is retired or a student looking to make some pocket change.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
minimal hours per week
There is,never an advancement offered at,all
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Derby, VTSeptember 13, 2018
I would not tell a friend to put an application in at dollar,tree they do,not like to offer job advancement unless your a women the manger offers job, advancement to every one that comes in after I've,been there for almost 4years now
Stressful and ridiculous work place
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bayville, NJSeptember 13, 2018
I would never recommend this work place to anyone. You do all the work while the rest of the staff socializes or is on there phones. The bayville store is dirty they dont keep it clean. and the shelves are always a mess. nothing is in the right place.
Pros
Cons
everything
good work place
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 10, 2018
I had to run the cash register had to stock shelves had to clean bathrooms and take out trash had to unload trucks had to sweep floors had to take care of costerme
Fun place to work at.
Cashier, Stocked and zone (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MN 55337September 9, 2018
I was a good place to work at.
How to use my voice more to commincate with others.
Easy going.
Every thing was a$1.00
To get the line down.
My friends their.
Very relaxing and friendly work environment
Set up store, Cashier, stocking, recovery (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CA 93401September 7, 2018
Very relaxing but can get very busy
Worked 8 hour shifts
managment very kind and hard working
the hardest part of the job was when I set up the store
Managment and coworkers
I liked working at dollar tree
Cashier\Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 6, 2018
I had a nice time working there its just that I never got any help the line will be an aisle long before they decide to do something. But other than that It was good.
Pros
Cons
long lines
Dollar tree is a fun and comfortable workplace but the pay is way low and we get no benefits
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2018
Overall, Dollar tree is fun and comfortable place to work; I have friendly managers who are very understanding and helpful and coworkers who help keep the store going good but the pay is low and we receive no benefits. We all work very hard to earn our money but in the end it seems we aren't getting the amount we deserve for as hard as we work to keep the store running.
Pros
friendly coworkers, customers and managers
Cons
low pay, no benefits, short breaks
Not the best job for living standards
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 5, 2018
I liked the people but the job had issues they don't work you full time so they can avoid giving you any benefits. The pay was very low and the management wasn't professional
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Not enough pay, low hours, bad management
good workplace bad management
Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTSeptember 5, 2018
really don't care to review them they weren't one of my best jobs they gave bad hours, it was hard to commute there and their management was extremely Poor But I stated I really don't wanna give them a bad review
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 3, 2018
When you clock in you are given a section you have to stock and you are given a task sheet you have to complete by the end of your shift. Sometimes you will have help on your task.
Pros
Job is not life consuming
Cons
Short breaks
Ok place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARSeptember 3, 2018
If the store isnt to busy it is ok but once you get really busy there is usually only one register open. You have to call the manager to help. Not everyone is pleasant to you.
Pros
No early mornings or late nights
Cons
Have to work holidays
Over worked
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Thonotosassa, FLSeptember 2, 2018
Over worked for the pay and you have to constantly run around to do things, very poor hours as well as a very inconsistent schedule from week to week.
Good work place for flexibility and part timers
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed the people more than the work itself. Customers were challenging at times. There was a lot of theft and disrespect. However, there were a lot of good customers that loved the benefits of that store. I started off as a customer. I miss my co-workers more than anything.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Some of the customers
great job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 29, 2018
this job was very nice taught me a lot about customer service, I just did not like the hours I had to be flexible and the pay was very low and I was only working up to 15-20 hours a week which wasn't enough to pay my bills and attend schooling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K