Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

slow paced
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CADecember 10, 2017
it was a slow paced job. it was easy but not something i would recommend i was payed decently but it was part time and not Enough to live off of, but i was in school so it worked
Pros
easy work
Cons
not many hours
Quick-paced
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALDecember 10, 2017
Quick-paced environment. Flexible hours, but they are inconsistent and only part-time positions available unless you are management. Never know if you are going to get 22 or 12 hours a week on minimum wage.
Pros
Quick-paced. Day goes by fast
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Fast paced, never slow, always on the go.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 7, 2017
Dollar Tree Management is pretty fair with hours I'm pretty flexible with what you have going on in your personal life. What I enjoy the most working at Dollar Tree is the customers and the interaction with them. I love our regulars.
Not a good work place
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXDecember 7, 2017
It would be a good place to work if when your supost to be at work at 4am but you have to wait outside for 30 mins or more because you boss over sleeps most mornings never on time. I cant tell you how many times I've got to work at 4am and had to wait on my boss to show up.
Cons
short breakes
Great customer service
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY 14225December 7, 2017
Overall, Dollar Tree was a great employer, but I personally disliked the biweekly pay. Other than that, management was great, and so were my co-workers.
great job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Berryville, ARDecember 6, 2017
I liked working at Dollar Tree Stores, but the hours were only part time. They should offer employees full time after a period of time of being there.
Pros
great manager
Cons
pay was only minimum wage
Very fast paced enviroment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 6, 2017
Very face paced environment. Was stressful at times due to lack of help. Management changes all time so you try to get along with the particular managers way of doing things but it was a little inconsistent.
Calm job
Cashier/ Stock Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 5, 2017
If you're looking for a quiet calm place to work in, this is your place, the coworkers were very nice to me and taught me how to do everything very well, my first manager was the nicest guy in there.
eh its alight
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2017
a typical day at work involve balancing efficiency with effectiveness. what i learned is how to take out change quickly and effectively. the managemen was friendly.
Productive and Funn workpplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2017
Sissy is an awesome maneger at dollar tree. Love working with that team everyone was on time and punctual. I would love to work for dollar tree again but only on a parttime bases. This place was most awesome place I have ever worked.
Pros
meeting new people
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSDecember 3, 2017
Good workplace with employers who express excellent customer service. Employees are always available to help customers with any needs. Greet and service with a smile.
Fun workplace
Cashier, Stocker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 2, 2017
I learned a lot with Dollar Tree being my first job, It is just time to move on. A typical day at work could be stressful depending on the customers, how many boxes need to be thrown. But it could also not be stressful depending on who is working and what is to be accomplished. I would say overall everyone works together and it is not stressful. The hardest part of the job would definitely being a stocker and unloading truck early in the morning. The more enjoyable part of the job is being cashier and helping customers through their day efficiently.
Pros
Snacks sometimes
Cons
Short breaks (10 minutes)
Productive,easygoing environment,
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 2, 2017
Being a cashier was okay, but it was a part time job paid minimum wage and not enough hours, I did like to help assists costumers, handling the cash was fun until at the end of the shift you counting the money and your short or over it does make me feel good when it's right in the money
Pros
Meet new people, nice co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
a typical day at work
Cashier/ Stocker (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 30, 2017
A typical day of work involves cashiering/stocking registers. Also, stocking aisles and having to help customers as well. Work hard every single minute!
dollar tree review
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 30, 2017
poor management, no structure, lack of respect for others would never work for dollar tree again. management is rude to the employees and just sit in the back room and do nothing
Pros
Cons
short breaks
I would not recommend rhis job
Cashier/ Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 27, 2017
They have bad management and the worst system i have ever done at a job and they have the worst working environment ever it feels like a sauna inside the store
Cons
Dollar tree is a great place to work.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PANovember 27, 2017
Typical day at work.... Run register, stock, help customers, take break, repeat then go home. Management is honest, fair and nice. Great customers too.
Pros
Great customers and nice people to work with.
Cons
Short breaks, no Healthcare, minimum wage
Fast paced with little benefits
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 26, 2017
It's a really fast paced job, where at entry level you're expected to not only cashier but stock too. The hours can be inconsistent due to holidays, but they'll often call to see if you want to work.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks, little to no benefits for part-time
Good place to work at.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selah, WANovember 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working at the location i worked. The managment is on top of everything. If i ever needed help they were always quick to help out and teach me everything i needed to know to have a smooth work day.
Productive and friendly enviroment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXNovember 24, 2017
Treating others with respect was always apparent. As well as keeping the store clean and items accessible to customers. I always enjoyed my work day, even the slow ones.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7