Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

I was promoted to an Administrative Assistant and yet I was micromanaged by my manager the whole time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 16, 2018
I did not like the manager at this place because he was a micromanager and always wanted things to go exactly his way. He gave me no room to work autonomously
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
Too far to drive
Ability to Advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 16, 2018
Dollar Tree gave their current employees the opportunity to advance before reaching out to outside sources. They were big on allowing the cashiers to have the ability to grow,
My particular store location was a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2018
The management at my particular store was great to work for they where willing to teach and encourage you for advancement. They had great attitudes and caring about actual employee.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 15, 2018
Great pay. A good job to move up and gain incredible knowledge in the retail industry. Overall, this job is a 10/10 with pay, experience and skill. Would love to go back.
Fun environment
Operation Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 15, 2018
As the operations assistant manager my typical day consisted of making sure I had employees there on time the freezers were well stocked management sometimes wanted to do things her way as well as the employees there the hardest part was trying to get people to follow procedures
part time
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEOctober 12, 2018
I only worked at Dollar Tree part time while working my full time job. I felt that customer service was lacking and I tried to improve it, but I was only there part time. I felt like all the employees were there just because it was a job. There was no sense of ownership in the store. I believe that every employee should feel like the store is a better place because of them.
Pros
worked around my full time job schedule
Cons
lack of customer service.
A company that doesnt care for the workers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2018
Before taking the management position, I was promised by the district manager that I would be making 12.50 per hour. I was given 10.50 per hour and was told I was given that because I didn't have any experience and after 3 months I would get my 2 bucks. Well long story short, a year and a half went by and I didn't see any piece of that money. When I asked the DM about it, I was told that the only way to make more money was to advance with the company. Upper management always make promises of store manager training for advancement but it would be years before you get it. Managers make deals with District manager so they don't have to do all of the jobs that comes with being a manager and puts that work on the assistants. Managers don't care about how hard you work. It's not about how hard you work, it's about who you know to be considered for your own store. Yeah there is PTO and STO but it still has to be approved by management. To save hours, store managers will have you work off the clock and they will put in your sick time so that they can use the hours somewhere else. The best thing about being an assistant manager is getting a bonus at the end of the month and that's only if the store does well in sales.
Great work place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Clanton alOctober 10, 2018
I started off as a cashier .I also learned how to stock the shelves ,I trained new members as they came on ..i finally accepted the asst manager position so I took it .I was over the store morning shift and night shifts .which shift i was to work !! I love working there made great friends and i still talk to them every day like I'm still there..my 1st boss was a great lady ..my second boss was a ok boss!
Pros
We had 10 minute breaks
Cons
30 minutes lunches depending on the hoyrs we worked
Good work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAOctober 10, 2018
Good job great boss easy to work with a great team fun place can move up fast love dealing with customers everyday dealing with making sure store safety for your employees and also customers or who come in the dollar tree doors
Pros
Great job
Cons
Great job
Enjoyable place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Keyser, WVOctober 9, 2018
The Dollar Tree provides an atmosphere that makes working for them enjoyable. Customers are always happy when an employee shows a little more attention to their needs. Making them smile is one of Dollar Tree's main goal.
Great if you are only looking for part time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSOctober 8, 2018
Dollar Tree is a great place to work if you are only looking to work a part time job. Company does not allow enough hours for more than 2 employees per store to get more than about 20 hours a week.
Pros
Fun places to work and great opportunity to build your people skills.
Cons
Not very many hours given by the company to be divided between all of the employees.
not a very happy place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 8, 2018
no advancement and employees are treated badly. general managers yell and belittle managers and assistant managers and are unwilling to work with you to help in learning more about the job. the hours are horrible. they expect their cashiers to live on 15 hours a week.
It was a good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Keyser, WV 26726October 7, 2018
Most managersbcan work with flexible scheduling, decent hours, and I worked with nice people. Transfering was simple and I personally moved up realistically fast.
Assistant Manager in three month. Then fire after 18 months.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 6, 2018
I like the manager but other assistance manager weren't that great. The knowledge I bought was able to use. Most of the time though i was put on register.
Pros
The job was great.
Cons
There some new manager did not me there.
Good Company
Assistant Traveling Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 6, 2018
I wanted to go back to school and therefore I took a different flexible job. Lots of lifting and restocking shelves and running registers. I liked meeting people
Productive and friendly
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 2, 2018
I loved working with poeple that made the job fun. Learned new ways of doing different thing as in how to make a bigger sale by adding the same type of product on endcaps.
Great environment, but not alot of improvement opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 2, 2018
Very flexible hours, only have minimal raises when moving up positions. Management is decent but often unorganized. Work environment is very friendly and laid back, lots of ability to get tasks done. Very focused on customer service and satisfaction.
Pros
Flexible schedule and hours
Cons
Low pay scale (minimum wage even for management)
good place to work
Assistant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNSeptember 24, 2018
time goes by fast, extremely high paced, need to know that going in that every day is going to be stressful and yet fulfilling. one know's that when day is over, you did put in a full day's work.
Pros
always busy
Cons
never enough time in a day
If the store is a mess, you guess... the management is a mess too.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJSeptember 22, 2018
I gave them one star because I cannot give them zero (what they deserve). Poor management, poor training, low pay (low than the minimum wage), unorganized workplace, unprofessional. From five hours of work they just give you 10 minutes break. Give yourself a favor and apply for a job somewhere else!
Pros
None.
Cons
Short breaks, unprofessional staff.
Team based work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 21, 2018
Great job .great team work. Good pay for the manager position. I was only part time. But the hours were always there. They are dependable and understandable for family emergencies and current thing that happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K