Dollar Tree Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Fun Place to wok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, MNDecember 15, 2017
The management is great and the employees. The work environment is great but can be stressful at the same time. But overall it is a great place to work.
Daily Duties
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2017
I would open or close, I would start up the store system and computers, then I organize stock room and fill in all the product that sold. I was also in charge of money management, responsible for getting change for the store and bank deposits,
Pros
great customers, friendly staff
Cons
not much opportunity to grow.
very good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2017
open the store for the daily functions of the store. checked in vendors and trucks. unloaded trucks and stocked shelves. Assisted customers with their needs. maintained a clean atmosphere for the employees and workers.
amazing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEDecember 11, 2017
This job was the best job i have had so far. everyone worked with one another and helped one another. the management was very understanding and very compassionate to thier employees
good store
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 11, 2017
typical day @ work is working my butt off while the other 2 managers do nothing & get away with it...The hardest part of the job is picking up slack from the other managers...Most enjoyable part of the job is my pay & some of the employees
Pros
insurance after 6 months
Cons
management
Managment sucked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNDecember 7, 2017
I would have liked this job more if the manager was nicer and didnt pick favorites. And we were hounded to stock as fast as we could. The back room was terribly unorganized. We could never find what was needed.
fun place to work, always something to do
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 5, 2017
i learned management skills, very diverse and the most fun place to work because a lot of children come to dollar tree and they are so excited just to get to the toys area, its just exciting to see there smiling faces asking you questioned about every toy they pick up.
Pros
work as a team
Cons
nothing
Productive and somewhat fast paced
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 3, 2017
It is an okay place to work. emloyees need to be a little more dependable, however, its a nice place to work. I would recommend it to anyone as long as they can handle sometimes strict stocking goals.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
very busy during holidays
productive, always something to do
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 2, 2017
i really enjoyed this job and the position I had. being assistant store manager was well worth it. It does take you some time to get up to management but so does any other job, if i could go back i would.
Pros
fun, friendly, exciting.
Cons
long hours away from my family
Dollar Tree
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 1, 2017
Dollar Tree was a great place to work. If they were to pay the employees more i would have loved to stay and continue working for them. The hardest thing about working there was having to be on your feet for such a long time.
fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYDecember 1, 2017
Fast paced, employees have a great attitude, Fun working environment, high expectations, high turn over, lower wage for management. able to deal with multiple types of pepole
Overall company is ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
Sometimes stressful ,always having to try to get freight out as soon ad possible with no hours to work with. Our team tries to do their best to help out
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Worked through my lunch and my breaks and even after i clocked out.
Productive, Good work environment!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WINovember 28, 2017
Highly motivated in staying on task with my work! Nothing better then being Honest! Staying organized very out going with people/public,open to other ideas and thoughts,also Very willing to learn more and explore new opportunites. Open and willing to be there and or pick up all scheduled as well as open shifts! My schedule is very open ,and I can work around the cleaning job,not many hours with this job owner is doing more of the work now he is retired.
Pros
Working w/public, I know I’m doin my job when I can make one smile
Cons
No breaks, Over worked, Under paid, Sour Apples will make for long day
Employees have great customer service but are underappreciated.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GANovember 25, 2017
The employees are friendly and have great customer service, but they are over worked and under paid. The company overloads the stores with so much freight in their back rooms that they are rarely ever in OSHA compliance. Yet Dollar Tree does not give the stores enough hours every week to maintain a low stock room. The employees always feel overwhelmed and underappreciated by the company and the customers.
Pros
The employees are friendly.
productive in every work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 21, 2017
its a great store with good staff. i would recommend my friends to work at this store. Some staff members are great espeacially fernanda and sabira. its awesome.
Pros
everyone is cooperative
Cons
less hours
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSNovember 20, 2017
It was a great place to work until the got the new store manager he was not fit for that store. Other then that at the time anything people wanted we tried to get in.
Very much a physical labor position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VirginiaNovember 18, 2017
As an assistant manager you were responsible for unloading all trucks, vendor receiving, cashiering as needed, handling customer concerns, employee relations.
Pros
Fun place to work, very fast paced
Stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MANovember 16, 2017
A typical day is you are stuck at a register by yourself having to ring up all customer and are expected to stock a certain amount of items on the shelves. The management doe snot care for any employees. All expections from the higher ups are unreasonable and un acheivable
Cons
Poor management, poor pay
Dollar Tree
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 13, 2017
An okay place to work. However, doesn't pay for the amount of work you do. You can do a lot more work than someone else that works there and you both get paid the same still. Does not provide benefits or paid days off.
Cons
No Benefits.
Overworked and Underpaid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 11, 2017
Unless a really dedicated SM works 10-12hrs a day instead of 8 since theyre the only ones getting paid salary, everyone else gets wayyyyyy overworked
Pros
Finding rare discontinued products
Cons
Their clocking in and out procedures are whack

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7