Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Friendly employees
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 9, 2018
I worked here briefly but I loved it. I mean it was part time but I enjoyed going to work. I left because I was getting paid higher some where else. Will recommend
Decent Job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 9, 2018
I liked the job. It was simple and easy to do. Liked that it kept me busy and on my feet all day, yet didn't require me to be running around like crazy or with too much to do. A lot of turnover and undependable employees due to very low pay.
Pros
Good schedule that allowed me to keep a 2nd job
Cons
Pay. If they paid well, i wouldn't have had to get a second job. If i had been offered a promotion, i may never have left
Great Management, Great Co-wokers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJAugust 9, 2018
Dollar tree is a good job overall, I would recommend to a friend, but they should raise they're pay rate. The management is good as well. The company should also upgrade the store.
Okay place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
Use to be a good company to work for not any more after they started to open more stores. They need to focus on the ones that they have open already before they open new ones
Nice place to work for a starting job.
Cashier/ Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYAugust 9, 2018
Nice place to work for a starting job, but management can cause you problems and the scheduling system they have is terrible. pay is a minimal wage. Also work can be stressful during seasonal times of the year because you have no backup and are alone in the store with a manager for the whole shift.
Pros
Work a lot of hours.
Cons
Deling with managentt and customers
Good work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
The work was easy but the customers are difficult at times so you would need patients and be able to put aside your feelings and not take things to personsl.
Pros
Easy hours, easy work
Cons
Rude customers, very short breaks, okay pay
Fast passed environment, great workers, awesome employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port HuronAugust 9, 2018
I loved working with the friendly group of employees that I was working with and I love how often they switch the shelves. Manager was awesome, very helpful and upbeat.
Cons
Short brakes
Stressful
Assistant Manager and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDAugust 9, 2018
When you call in if you or your child is sick the store manager throws a huge fit. The pay sucks. You can barely live off of it. It feels like you are still in high school with how much drama there is.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 9, 2018
it was ok i did like working there and the pay was pretty decent. I would definitely go back to work for the company if asked too. The manager is actually really sweet.
Busy, fun and exciting.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXAugust 8, 2018
Shift passes quickly. I like helping customer's find what they want and show them new items! Stocking is exciting and it is always fun to see new product.
dollar tree is seat shop retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHAugust 8, 2018
it is a high stress low Pay No benefit retail company. 90% of the staff is part-time to avoid benefits. Pay is minimum wage, annual increases range from a nickel to a dime.
Dollar Tree can be better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
Hardest part of the job is not having enough staff and help at times. The wonderful part of the job is customers and some staff members. Depending in which Dollar Tree you work at some Managers can be very selfish.
Cons
Very short breaks, Dollar tree don't do much for their employees
Overall good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 8, 2018
I had a lot of fun working here, miss it at times. My customers are deeply missed. To have had the opportunity to work here and be assistant manager was a great experience. I would recommend dollar tree to anyone looking for employment, they give you a chance especially for first time young job seekers.
Pros
Fun environment
Customer interaction is very positive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, VAAugust 8, 2018
This company overall is not bad to work for. It can be very stressful. The only downfall to this store is that they expect every employee to run a cash register as well as stock the shelves at the same time which can be nearly impossible.
WAS a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 8, 2018
I worked at a store in Seattle for almost two years. I loved being a cashier at my store and never planned on leaving. My store manager burned out and quit. The manager they brought in was lazy, inappropriate, mean spirited, deceptive and just generally unbearable. I stayed for 6 months but after the 2nd time he upset me so bad I broke down in tears, I quit.

Pay was great. I liked the hours when I wasn't getting called every day to cover a shift, but then again I only wanted 3 days a week, no more than 20 hours.

Co-workers and customers were awesome, still miss most if them
Relaxed Area. Friendly Co-Workers.
Cashier, Item Stock (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 8, 2018
It's A Good Place To Be. This Was My First Job In The Rochester, Mn Area. Manager Is Motivated & Inspiring, Co-Workers Are Respectful & Helpful On The Job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Top of the list
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 8, 2018
Not balanced and fair to much turn over and not enough support .U work long hours and they pay and raise are low for what they require a person to do.
Is a good job
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 8, 2018
But there is poor management i t was a second job i tried to have them fix my hours like a second job and they didnt want to work with me soo i left..
Great Place to work if you need a flexible schedule
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ortonville, MIAugust 7, 2018
This is a great place to work if your looking for part time and flexibility. They work well with family and things that happen to come into play with life.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Not enough hours
Behind for 2018
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 7, 2018
Each Dollar Tree is different. I loved my store manager but the turnover was incredibly high while the pay was just the opposite. At 9.50/hour for a full time job I would not have been able to make ends meet alone. Communication between corporate and each location was severely lacking. I had high hopes in being able to move up within the company (which my SM was training me for) but was unable due to such high turnover
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
High Turnover, Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53K