Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Great Company, very fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 2, 2017
Very fast paced enviorment, always on your feet. Dollar Tree is a good company to work for, every district is not together as a team!! Management requires a lot, if you are a family oriented person Dollar Tree(management)may not be for you.
Pros
Pay, benifits, company stock
productive, always something to do
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 2, 2017
i really enjoyed this job and the position I had. being assistant store manager was well worth it. It does take you some time to get up to management but so does any other job, if i could go back i would.
Pros
fun, friendly, exciting.
Cons
long hours away from my family
Fun workplace
Cashier, Stocker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 2, 2017
I learned a lot with Dollar Tree being my first job, It is just time to move on. A typical day at work could be stressful depending on the customers, how many boxes need to be thrown. But it could also not be stressful depending on who is working and what is to be accomplished. I would say overall everyone works together and it is not stressful. The hardest part of the job would definitely being a stocker and unloading truck early in the morning. The more enjoyable part of the job is being cashier and helping customers through their day efficiently.
Pros
Snacks sometimes
Cons
Short breaks (10 minutes)
Productive,easygoing environment,
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 2, 2017
Being a cashier was okay, but it was a part time job paid minimum wage and not enough hours, I did like to help assists costumers, handling the cash was fun until at the end of the shift you counting the money and your short or over it does make me feel good when it's right in the money
Pros
Meet new people, nice co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Good experience
Cashier/Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 2, 2017
This was my first retail job. Everything was very simple and straightforward. A typical day included cashiering and store recovery. Management was always a pleasure to deal with.
Productive work space.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 2, 2017
Overall I had a great experience. They had a schedule for all employees according to his or her convenience . Everyone got along very well. my time at Dollar Tree was pleasant.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 2, 2017
Easy fast past job, You learn how to great every customer even if they have been in more than once. Management is great. They train you in the right way. The hardest part of my job is getting hours I can work, and the most enjoyable part is satisfying the customers.
If you love retail, Dollar Tree is the job for you
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Dollar Tree due to staying busy at all times, flexible hours so you can have another job or school. The management was very understanding.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
not enough pay
productive store
stockperson (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDDecember 2, 2017
This was a very interesting place to work. This is when I first took an interest in stocking shelves. This was a very productive store. The store as had a lot of customers.
Good temporary/part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYDecember 2, 2017
I worked at Dollar Tree and while it wasn't the most glamorous job, it was nevertheless a job. I was treated well and I found the tasks to be easier at the same rate of pay as similar jobs. We kept a good job of keeping the store clean and earned great reviews.
Greer costumers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eglington, PEDecember 1, 2017
A typical day at dollar tree, would be to greet costumer in a respectful way. Count tails at the end of each shift, front face the front area. Sweep the front area, when almost time to close the store.
Pros
Everything was a 1.25
Cons
Not a friendly staff
Fast pace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYDecember 1, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers, but not much more. The company guidelines changed to suit the manager. I liked the pace and physicality of the job. Stressful and tiresome
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Low pay
Fast past and good work inviernment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYDecember 1, 2017
I had worked myself up from temp. to full time store manager in 1year. I loved every day, no day was the same. I had great loving co-workers and boss's.
Pros
no Pros
Cons
no Cons
Stressful freight processes
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallassee, ALDecember 1, 2017
OK working environment. Very stressful operations. Very hard to find a good solid worker for 7.25 hr. Way too much freight gets delivered every week, and very few hours to work with.
productive and fun
cashier (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILDecember 1, 2017
I loved the customers just as well s they loved me. I am a peoples person and I enjoyed my time there. Being an employee at Dollar Tree was an good experience for me in my life.
Pros
happyness
Cons
short breaks
Work well with others
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALDecember 1, 2017
Awesome..should offer benefits would stay there longer.. love the customers..easy to work for everyone help out and did their part..stocking wasn't bad
Overall experience was good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MODecember 1, 2017
I enjoyed people and talking to everyone as they came in. I believe management did an excellent job of training all who came to work for them. Their storeroom was a mess. Overall all of the employee's seemed happy.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low pay
Dollar Tree
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 1, 2017
Dollar Tree was a great place to work. If they were to pay the employees more i would have loved to stay and continue working for them. The hardest thing about working there was having to be on your feet for such a long time.
Stressful place to work, but most employees are friendly.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CADecember 1, 2017
Management at Dollar Tree are all on different pages. Very confusing to work with the 4 different Assistant Managers, Each telling you to do a different job, then the other managers do, so you have 4 jobs you are trying to get done all at once,
There is always 2 people are the registers, but only one will end up helping the rush of customers that flood in.
You will get told to finish a job, before helping check out customers.
Pros
Can be a friend environment
Cons
Management confusing, too short staffed, must ignore customers to get any job done.
fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYDecember 1, 2017
Fast paced, employees have a great attitude, Fun working environment, high expectations, high turn over, lower wage for management. able to deal with multiple types of pepole

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7