Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Showing all 12,855 reviews
I was under worked for the amount of work i can do. I was also paid way too little which caused me problems with my living situation. no recommendatio
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARNovember 6, 2018
It is a good job for a school student who wants to work while going to school. But for a working adult the pay was very bad. I would not recommend this company to people due to the fact that management has some flaws but overall it wasn't very bad. News some work
Pros
Discounts on my purchases
Cons
Was underpaid. Treated badly by assisstant managers.
good job not so good pay
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 6, 2018
Working at Dollar Tree I was able to advance quickly. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The pay was not worth it and when it came to family or my job I had to ultimately choose my family.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
low pay
Worst place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 6, 2018
The worst place to work and the don't vaule the employees at all. The DM make the managers cut the employees hours so he can get there bonus and they give people worst hours.
typical seasonal position with a retailer
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CA 96097November 6, 2018
I only worked there for one holiday season. It didn't feel much different than working for other retail companies. High expectations that sometimes feel unrealistic. The manager at the store I worked at expected a lot from her employees but she was very fair and didn't expect them to do anything she wouldn't do.
Dollar Tree was a family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Storm Lake, IANovember 6, 2018
My experience at Dollar Tree taught me that a place of employment could be more like working with Family. It was safe, secure and friendly. I valued what I learned there. The only thing I would change is their barevement policy.
Pros
I made good friends working there.
Cons
I would vet who applies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2018
Dollar Tree is the wonderful company to work for. Value their employees and customers, and believe in high level of customer service. I would recommend this job to anyone. I enjoy what I do.
Not a recommended job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 6, 2018
If the management their is good then you will love the job, however if there is poor management you will hate your job. If you are a student they do work well with your schedule.
Pros
If you are a student they work with your schedule
Cons
Policies not allowing you to have water, not enough hours, if you do not have a car you cannot work a night shift
Stocking Associate (Intern)
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 6, 2018
Stocking Associate (Intern)
• Organized and stocked shelves with new merchandise according to store standards and documented daily box counts
• Maintained a neat work environment by breaking down all cardboard boxes after completion of stocking tasks
• Utilized customer service skills to assist those seeking specific products in the store
Pros
No Lunch
Cons
short breaks
within walking distance from home
Custodian,Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 6, 2018
The job was within walking distance from home.The people I worked with were also very easy to get along with.The pay was every week which I liked.It was a indoor job which I Liked.
Pros
Within walking distance
Cons
Not enough hours
Na
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  King City, CANovember 6, 2018
I started as a store assistant manager. I created work schedules for the cashiers. I processed money and deposited at the bank. I opened and closed the store. Processed deliveries and restocking of shelves.
managing
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 6, 2018
it was a great job in the beginning then things got rocky after my injury and i feel at that point i lost the support of both the store manager and the district manager as if i caused this injury purposely or something
My short time there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDNovember 6, 2018
I only worked for a couple days, stocking to shelves for the grand opening. Yes it was extremely hectic at time but management did their best to help us help them.
not worth it
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 6, 2018
Upper management are more concerned about getting their bonus than anything. they overwork the store level management while they keep consistently cutting hours so they make more.
Pros
Cons
overworked for bad hours
Managers overworked
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mattydale, NYNovember 5, 2018
Worked in excess of 110 hours a week through xmas. Was guaranteed wouldn't need to work more than 50 hours per week when hired. Immediately mandated 60 hours per week.
Pros
Yearly salary
Cons
Hours
fun friendly work enviroment
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Danville, INNovember 5, 2018
i love working there threw the holiday season. love the customers and seeing all the different things that come in the store. very clean and well organized so less chance of safety hazards. makes a safe work environment.
dollar tree review
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKNovember 5, 2018
clock in go to work
what i learned how to work a cash reciter
management is over all good
hardest part is not warm in the winter
most enjoyable is the hours
Pros
hours are good
Cons
cold in the store
Cashier
Cashier and Salesperson, Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCNovember 5, 2018
Dollar Tree was a very well pace, fun, and career advanced job. Management was willing to assist me in my work schedule. I could work days that I had schedule off.
Dollar Tree
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 5, 2018
Dollar Tree was a good part-time job to get by while working there for 10 days straight. I learned through that job on how to stocker and restock shelves. The management was good. Nothing was really hard of the job, but it was enjoyable to get to communicate amongst another.
productive, relaxing work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 5, 2018
I really liked working for Dollar Tree, I enjoyed the other empolyers and i enjoyed working there with the manager that i had because he was very opend and he listened and cared about what his employees had to say and how we felt about the company
Pros
extra breaks, and extra shirts if available
Cons
slow paced
I enjoyed my customers.
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson TnNovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed putting product on the shelf and helping customers. It was also fun seeing the new items that we had. It stayed busy so time we t by reay fast.
Pros
busy and good breaks
Cons
short work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K