Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

no room for advancement poor management skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 13, 2018
during the course spent at dollar tree I had 4 managers, each time I tried to be promoted I was told yes and then passed over for absolutely no reason other then the simple fact that they knew someone or had the employee before. would not recommend working here for long periods of time.
I loved working at Dollar Tree
S Sam Houston Tollway - Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  8501 S Sam Houston TollwayFebruary 13, 2018
It was really easy working at Dollar Tree and anyone with decent Customer Service Skills, will find the work very easy. Time passes quickly when holiday season. Great Managers
Happy and active work place
Cashier, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton, AR 72015February 13, 2018
I had a lot of fun working at Dollar Tree for almost 5 years. It was very productive and I truly treasured my co-workers. I enjoyed unloading freight the most.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 13, 2018
This was my second job and I had worked on and off for 3 years. This job kept me aflot when I moved and it was decent work. I had to leave because I was layed off.
Cons
Didn't provide many hours. Always getting called in on my days off
Retail Job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, AZFebruary 13, 2018
This is a typical retail job with minimum wage pay. I am a people person and I enjoyed that. The schedule was not as flexible as I would have liked but I appreciated the experience.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Working weekends.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 13, 2018
I like to work with people , and give them the best I have to offer. Management is there to do a job and I didn't have a problem with the completion of a task at hand. The environment was over all good, the work in general was steady. If there happen to be a moment for downtime I would find something to do that would utilize my work time.
Pros
Light work conditions
Cons
breaks happen to be to short
alot of work for little pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pocomoke City, MDFebruary 13, 2018
They expect you to stock shelves, help customers, unload trucks, fill coolers and clean during different shifts. They expect you to do things regardless if your hurt or sick and only pay minimum wage at part-time hours.
Easy workplace, just tons of lifting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAFebruary 13, 2018
This job was honestly really simple. I did a lot of restocking. I worked with customers daily. A lot of organizing, and a lot of cleaning! The staff was great for the most part. Although, the manager made me very uncomfortable!
Easy job
CASHIER AND STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Good job placement to learn and gain experience.
Easy going job that is stress free and has flexible hours.
Store closes early and has great hours....
Pros
closes early
Cons
Don't pay enough.
Busy work place
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Be more prepared for a busy day. With only a 10 minute break, and 5hrs each day. I only work 2 days out the week. And they were paying $7.35 an hour, I was sick so I tried calling out but they said I would be fired if I didn’t come which was so inconsiderate.
Cashier
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCFebruary 12, 2018
I loved being a cashier and assistant manager. I enjoy working with people. I have learned that in a business sense, the customer is always right regardless.
Terrible management
Unloader and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 12, 2018
They don't understand anything the pay was. The overnight shift was unbelievable the Managers over took their job too the extreme. It's a very very paced job
Employees are amazing people
Cashier, stock person (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJFebruary 12, 2018
The company is cheap but even cheaper when it comes to the people who make and running these stores. Dealing with customers every, and the fact that employees don't even get a discount is just unfair. So what if everything in the store is a dollar. You can't live off a dollar tree salary alone. You have no choice but to get a second job.
Not appreciated
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 12, 2018
love the people I work with. The company itself is a sorry company to work for. Never any raises unless you become management,not enough hours,want you to work like a dog for 7.35 hour.
Pretty busy, Kind co-workers, comfortable environment
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 12, 2018
It wasn't easy to work and it was really busy when I started working because it was right around the holidays. However, it was a really great experience to work there. I got to learn what it was like to stock shelves, organize and clean up isles, and work at a register. I also got close to my co-workers and was very sad to leave.
Pros
plenty of hours, helped me gain experience, supported my decisions
Cons
hard time with allergies during Christmas
Ok
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2018
The overall experience was ok at best. Very nice employees and customers. Management was great and very responsible. Store was always clean and met store standards.
I loved woking there and would work there again.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Everyone there was friendly. My schedule was always made correctly and works with days you need off. Management is very friendly and understanding as well as strict.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Employees
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 12, 2018
The employees at Dollar Tree are very dedicated to their jobs. The management is very involved in the everyday work that goes on at Dollar Tree. The store is a fast, fun, full environment.
Pros
Cons
Limited amount of hours to use in a week
Ever changing
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Company is constantly changing and improving. New products every week. The company is growing almost monthly. Its exciting to see the new things that are available.
Very Organized Store!
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32317February 12, 2018
The store is very organized! It stays clean and you’re never not busy! The store stays with customers in it! If you keep a smile on your face and greet the customers you will be ok here at dollar tree!
Pros
You Will Love Your Coworkers And Boss, Boss is very lenient with you being able to take preferred time off.
Cons
You only get 10 minute breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K