Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

es divertido
Cashier, Stocker, Freight (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
muy buena empresa pero nesecita mas organizacion en los perfiles de la empresa como las tienda
An average job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAMay 17, 2018
This was my second job that I held concurrently with my first as the hours from both were quite few for me. I had no issues there at all, but after a change in the General Manager, I was suddenly given no hours at all despite repeated requests to be given a shift. I quietly left the company after not being given a shift for a month and having found another job.
Lacked hours
Freight (Current Employee) –  Susanville, CAMay 16, 2018
I would get 3 to 4 hours a day every week. I got along well with the majority of my co workers but a few would act like they were my supervisor and try to get me t do their job for them.
Works very well with customers
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 16, 2018
They are very polite with all customers and they know how to start a friendly conversation with anyone. They work well with any kind of call outside and they work very well when it comes to having pregnant women working there.
Great team to work with, rough upper management.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NJMay 16, 2018
fast paced work environment had to have a clear mind in order to complete all tasks given to you. pay was not enough for the amount of work they expected to be performed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
overwhelming responsibilities
Great place work!
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 16, 2018
People at dollar-tree were very nice to work with always friendly and positive to be around. Always had steady flow of work to be done. Nice and positive work atmosphere!
Pros
holiday candy goes 50% day after
I hate the hours can buy nothing. Just pay phone bills
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2018
I need a good job to take care of my kids and all. Love to drive and stock. Need a full time job.i have to pay rent and all. I like cleaning up and fixing things
rating
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MD 21222May 16, 2018
They didn't give a lot of hours. The most hours you had in a shift was about three to four hours. The maximum was five hours. They also called in work for about three to four days in a week.
horrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIMay 16, 2018
dollar tree is a horrible place to work at. especially if your working on east capitol their ghetto. the manager doesn't do their jobs. the customers are rude and disrespectful.
Its a good job
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 16, 2018
It was a good job and good customers. I like the customers but district manager was not nice. I like working for dollar tree but the management was not good. They showed favoritism
Pros
Good customers
Cons
bad management
Dollar Tree
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2018
Dollar tree is a great company but at store level is where the company suffers. Locations in urban areas where high numbers of EBT customers live brings the stores down. High theft and problematic customers make it difficult to run a successful store.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough staff to sustain the stores
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chester, MDMay 16, 2018
Just be prepared to work and keep a smile . Be willing to work as a team . Be a flexible worker and please customers. I think you should get more hours
High level work experiance with great opportunity for advancment.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany , New YorkMay 16, 2018
Hi level, fast moving daily work. constantly learning and providing feedback both to upper and lower directs. Constant interactions with both external and internal customers in order to provide the best customer experience possible,
always ready to promote within
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 16, 2018
great co-workers, horrible clean up time, store always looked dirty, they love to promote within, no employee discount should be regardless if everything is a dollar
Pros
promotions
Cons
healthcare, no discount
Pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 16, 2018
Management was willing to work with you on advancement. As long as you did not miss any work. Enjoyed working with the public. Fellow co-workers were friendly. As long as you made the effort to get along with them.
Pros
Advancement potential, Training on new things
Cons
No pay for breaks
Got alot of Experience working for this company
Assistant Manager-Freight Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 16, 2018
I loved this job i ran my own overnight stock crew I had an awesome team we worked hard had fun and got the job done. We took pride in the job we did and the store showed as well as our sales.
Do not expect much out of this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, KYMay 16, 2018
I worked at Dollar tree for almost 4 months and both the pay and the hours were trash. I mean if you're in desperate need of a job then it's alright, which I was when I started working here. Cashiers are expected to be able to run register and stock merch on the shelves throughout their shifts, which depending on what shift
you work means you can't really get any stocking done. I only made 7.35 an hour (which is 10 cents more than minimum wage in Kentucky) and only worked around 18-24 hours a week working 5 hour shifts. You get payed every 2 weeks. I barely made 300 every 2 weeks on this schedule. I did like the management. Especially the main manager she was really good to get along with and always friendly with her associates. But other than that, unless you're in desperate need of a job, do not work here.
Pros
Mostly nice co-workers and management.
Cons
Short breaks, short work days, not enough pay or hours
Friendly environment
Assistant Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 15, 2018
Great place to better your customer service skills.
I loved working for this company...
If my personal life didn't interfere I'd still be there. I miss my team!
A job to get by
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Dollar Tree. There were fast and slow days. this. Management communicated well and was understanding. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
I would say that Dollar Tree was a great place to work. I had a great manager. The customers were very nice to work with. It was only 5-10 minutes from where I lived at the time. Overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K