Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Productive work enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Love what your doing, come with a happy face, make sure your not being short or over on the till, be respectful, don't argue, be nice to customers, they are always right
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Short breaks
Great management staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 14, 2018
This location has a great management staff. They provide great training and willingness to help. The customer are mostly regulars, so you build great relationships.
Pros
flexible schedule when needed or can provide a set schedule depending on situation.
Cons
short breaks/10 min
typical day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 14, 2018
I loved working at dollartree because it was a fast paced environment, and I worked really hard and was promoted to assistant manager after one year. They wanted me to relocate after my promotion, but I really wanted to stay in the area.
it was definitely different
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2018
I would say that job I got laid off. the store just opened and I was chosen to work there but I wasn't chosen to stay there but I was there for 3 months but moved to a different location to help remodel it. but wasn't something for me.
Great company and great managers, but the hours aren't there
CASHIER, STOCKER (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, ORSeptember 13, 2018
Everything was great about the company itself, however, there were too many employees and not enough hours to go around. I would recommend this job only to someone who is retired or a student looking to make some pocket change.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
minimal hours per week
Moved up the ladder
Merchandise manager/ Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2018
I was offered this management position when i was a part time cashier. I had no management experience whatsoever. I am told that they rely on me and count on me. I am asked to handle situations that they feel i can handle over others. I am given alot of responsibility because they know i can handle it
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Alot of expectations
Work Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJSeptember 13, 2018
no incentives or school advancement no raises for hard. Little hours. no incentives. Store appearance was terrible and got treated poorly my management and other employees
good people, fun to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CASeptember 13, 2018
A typical day is fast always doing something in the store cleaning, straightened products, helping customers. Managers are good and very helpful. I learned a lot from them.
Pros
their willing to work around your schooling
Cons
not enough hours
There is,never an advancement offered at,all
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Derby, VTSeptember 13, 2018
I would not tell a friend to put an application in at dollar,tree they do,not like to offer job advancement unless your a women the manger offers job, advancement to every one that comes in after I've,been there for almost 4years now
Fast pace, can be fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland City, TNSeptember 13, 2018
I loved working with my manager! She was absolutely amazing! The pay isn’t good, but that is on corporate. I had my bad days, only because I am human.. other than that, I had fun every day. We laughed, we got things done, we made our customers happy.
Pros
fun environment most days
Cons
The pay is not enough

Want to know more about Dollar Tree?

Ask a question
Stressful and ridiculous work place
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bayville, NJSeptember 13, 2018
I would never recommend this work place to anyone. You do all the work while the rest of the staff socializes or is on there phones. The bayville store is dirty they dont keep it clean. and the shelves are always a mess. nothing is in the right place.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WA 99362September 13, 2018
Days went by fast. Fun enviroment to work in. Employees were fun and worked hard. They always worked with me on my schedule since I was working two jobs.
Pros
Positive enviroment
Cons
Short shifts. No benefits
It's a good place to work at when your manager is on top of his work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2018
I think they should be better organized and have a well staff team and appreciate them management is good I really don't have too much going to say there is really nothing else to say about Dollar Tree the one I worked at could have been better ran
Its good for a person that not have kids or young people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 13, 2018
Its a good work but they pay its not much and they give as many hours as they can and sometimes you dont work ti much or they take outbyour hours and givenitmto other people and they want you to stock cases and do the cashiering and they get mad if u dont do many boxes its hard but for someone that not have kids or any obligations i think its good
Daily
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 13, 2018
Had its ups and downs
Upper management lacked
Not much training on system changes
Long hours on salary
Comp days were a joke. No hours to use them in January
Starting Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 13, 2018
It has been too long ago to remember clearly so I unfortunately am unable to help you in this review. I can tell you the managers I had were like family and so were the cashiers.
Nice Job! Horrible Pay!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 13, 2018
Like the job meet nice people! Supervisors was Kool! Like going to work! Problem is Dollar Tree should be shame for what they pay! cashier make $200-$240 every two weeks that's $480 monthly!pulling in thousands a day!$7.35 an hour! With nickel raises
Pros
Meet lots of nice people
Cons
Can't pay bills with those checks!
My Dollar Tree Life
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 13, 2018
I am not the average worker. I go in and walk around the whole store to see what needs to be done. Then, I clock in and get my till and go to work on the things that I see that needs to be fixed. It is a great place to work. I LOVE MY JOB!
Pros
It is room for advancement.
Cons
Some people don't do their job or are slow at doing it.
Dollar Tree is like an uncaring lover
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MaineSeptember 13, 2018
When I first began working at Dollar Tree I enjoyed it immensely. My co-workers were great, management was decent, and teamwork was a vital part of the day.

Fast forward half a decade and Dollar Tree has gone downhill, a lot of it since buying out Family Dollar. The company doesn't care about its employees, thinking of them as easily replaceable.

When you get hired they do so with promises of competitive wages and opportunities for career advancements. Which isnsasly just lies. If they don't like your answers on the assessment then they keep you from ever retaking and having more than once chance at advancement. Also their "competitive wages" are minimum wages plus a few cent raise every year.
Cons
Corporate doesn't care about employees, low hours so you have to find a second job while remaining flexible for them
It's a temporary job with low pay.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2018
A day at work is long or short on some days, but it's not hard work, and sometimes past by quickly. It's a fast pace job, and I learned you have to be patience with your customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K