Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSDecember 5, 2017
it is a stressful work environment though the manager would work with you if needed be off for anything and as long as you call wasn't to strict on being late
Challenging yet fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
Working at Dollar Tree has been my favorite job so far. The customers for each store are usually pretty regular so you get to know people and it's a lot of fun.The challenge of working during the holiday season is definitely something I enjoyed and overall the employees were friendly and helpful with one another. The management was stellar, if anyone had an issue it was immediately taken care of and if an employee had personal issues the proper measures were taken to be sure that said employee would be comfortable in the workplace.
Pros
Good environment, decent lunch breaks
Cons
Rate of pay was quite low
Relaxed fast pace work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 4, 2017
Worked place is relaxed normally calm enviorment alot of traffic.work fast to get shipments in, then unload shipments and get all shelves stocked because things sell pretty quick
Cons
No employee discounts or benefits
productive when the client has received what they shopped for!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 4, 2017
I really enjoy talking dealing with people and have a
friendly rapor with all guests..and clients

the main objective is the guest or client is happy and receives all the information they have called for
Pros
when client is happy with their shopping adventure
Cons
not enough hours
No leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 4, 2017
Poor oversight! Lack of corporate understanding of everyday situations. Twenty percent do eighty percent of the work. High turn over rate. Environment was beyond dirty at many locations.
Pros
meeting and getting to know regulars.
Cons
Company leadership structure.
Nice environment
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed my experience as a cashier and assistant manager trainee. I was able to engage with customers, help assist with their shopping needs and create a great shopping experience.
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 4, 2017
I love working with the people at the dollar store customer service is great being there or coming in as a customer very reliable when their are hours available about offering them to those who need them
Do not work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CADecember 4, 2017
I was given a temp SM position at a horrible store with high theft due to homeless, but the DM would always say it was internal theft. No hours, no work/life balance. DM hired people without me knowing before I took over and then gave me 00 hours to train them, including a PT manager. Trucks were always delayed by hours to days at a time and it would always mess up payroll, which there was barely any to work with. Youre no longer a person to them, you just become numbers(sales/hours)
Benefits
Cons
No breaks or lunches, DMs are awful, payroll is garbage
Slow
Storge Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2017
I got moved from one dollar tree to another. I assisted staging and building stores. After the store were completed I would work the register and maintain the storage room
Pros
quiet place of work
Cons
unorganized, new management
I loved working there. They are all about Team Work,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSDecember 3, 2017
Store opens at 8 am and its not stop from then. The tree is very busy but the first thing they tell you.. TAKE YOUR TIME MAKE SURE YOUR MONEY IS RIGHT. The managers all were very helpful and understanding. Loved working at the Dollar Tree, just not enough hours per week. All the Employees helped each other..
eh its alight
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2017
a typical day at work involve balancing efficiency with effectiveness. what i learned is how to take out change quickly and effectively. the managemen was friendly.
Move stock in at standard pace must due
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2017
Stocking product from stockroom at pace of 150 cases per 5-6 hr shift must do
Cleaning and spot checking total area in which you worked thru out shift in reference to opening store .
Last taking and receiving all trash and boxes to dumpster on loading dock of store daily
Good
Cons
Fast past
If you are working production, do not apply here
Associate (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PADecember 3, 2017
Hard labor with high quotas is the name of the game for production workers. Top that with management that does not train, give advice, or care. A maintenance position is your best bet. This is the best place for a entry level job in maintenance.
Stable environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 3, 2017
Small store location, polite coworkers, and sturdy hours. Employees were curdious and worked well as a team. Management was well trained and easy to learn from.
Pros
Suficient pay
Cons
Temporary or seasonal hires do not last long
Productive and Funn workpplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2017
Sissy is an awesome maneger at dollar tree. Love working with that team everyone was on time and punctual. I would love to work for dollar tree again but only on a parttime bases. This place was most awesome place I have ever worked.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Productive and somewhat fast paced
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 3, 2017
It is an okay place to work. emloyees need to be a little more dependable, however, its a nice place to work. I would recommend it to anyone as long as they can handle sometimes strict stocking goals.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
very busy during holidays
Higher management
Stock person, cashier (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLDecember 3, 2017
The business men that run the the stores that aren't there everyday have a poor business ethics and expect too much to be done out of nothing. And don't give raises and everyone works so hard and doesn't get paid for their worth. Too stressful of an environment. Management at the store is decent and kind and flexible as long as you work hard though.
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSDecember 3, 2017
Good workplace with employers who express excellent customer service. Employees are always available to help customers with any needs. Greet and service with a smile.
Productive fast paced work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHDecember 2, 2017
Very customer friendly, clean, neat, organized & safe place for all ages. We frequently put all items back that some customers did not want, or couldn’t afford.
Cons
Short breaks I
I enjoyed working here.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 2, 2017
very rapid, busy, customers return sometimes daily, management was over worked, workplace was fine. The hardest part of the job is there was not enough workers. One cashier, one manager, in a busy store. Enjoyable part, helping customers.
Pros
easy jobs
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7