Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

This is not a review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
I am not interested in submitting a review of Dollar Tree, however, i cannot figure out how to proceed without completing this portion of the form. -Former Dollar Tree Employee
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 19, 2018
Greet customers and assist customers needs/wants. Cash reconciliation and credit card handling. Scan and bag of purchases. Maintain cleanliness of store and aisles.
Pros
Occasionally busy.
Cons
Seeking promotion
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTFebruary 19, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of making schedules, money management stocking and customer service.I was also backup cashier and problem solver. there was not enough employees on shifts to complete tasks necessary. I am a people person and work well with others also powerful leadership qualities. Overall I enjoyed interacting with everyone.
Pros
Learned how to excel in company
Cons
Not enough scheduled employees on shifts
Time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 19, 2018
The hours are at maximum 20 no matter position applied for. The opportunity to advance takes longer with the lack of hours. Really wish i could say more good than bad but I honestly did not enjoy the time there.
Fun and productive place to work. Always on your feet.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 19, 2018
I grew up going to the Dollar Tree as kid and i loved it. Everyone was super nice and a couple of the managers were very kind and helpful. It's a very productive place so your always moving and on your feet. You are giving a list of things to do during your time of work, your coworkers are very nice and helpful. you get stuff done as a team or individually. its a very easy great first job for those with little experience or no experience and I'd love to be an employer for dollar tree again.
Pros
Paid breaks, lunch, good management, nice coworkers
Cons
seasonal position, angry customers, un-professional manager
Fast paced work envoriment
ASSTIANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 18, 2018
Working for dollar tree is a lot of work. Your day is filled with lots of stocking in between helping customers and cashiers. You are called all the time so most days it feels like you get nothing done. Hardest part is there are days when you could be the only front end manager for most your shift and you have to run the front along with other daily duties. I love the fast paced of the business. I'm not one to like to just sit around and not have anything to do. sometimes it feels like you have so much to do and not enough time in the day. it can be stressful when you don't have any type of help or guidance to your questions.
Pros
always busy
Cons
not enough guidance
Busy most of the time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gunnison, COFebruary 18, 2018
Most of the time I worked at the cash register, helped people find things and merchandised. I learned that it was important to keep things clean and organized for good shopping experiences. Managers were clear about what needed to be done. Management was positive. Work culture was busy since I worked at peak times. The hardest part was lifting heavy boxes of merchandise to be put on shelves. Enjoyed the customers and their repeated visits.
Pros
Usually only worked 4 hour days.
Cons
minimal wage
A typical day at work.
Stock (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 18, 2018
A typical day at dollar tree I would go in go to the back to get my boxes go back out on the floor and start stocking my shelves until it's time to go.
Poor lack of management
Cashier/Recovery (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 18, 2018
All managers at the Crescent St location in Brockton are unprofessional. They all lack in all areas of their job description. No respect towards their employees and no role model image.
Pros
Everything’s a $1
Great environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 18, 2018
I start my day with checking emails.
Then on to processing invoices. Research Discrepancies.
Check runs process all payments to the banks daily.
Management and co-workers are great.
Nothing really hard about the job-it is just staying on top of everything.
I love my co-workers from management to co-workers.
Pros
Team meetings quarterly to review and voice our concerns
Cons
No real cons except it is far from home
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 18, 2018
A typical day at work involved ringing up customer items and stocking shelves as needed. I learned to manage my time and move quickly and swiftly when lines backed up, remain calm and approachable. I enjoyed the environment and always looked forward to going to work. There wasn't anything hard about the job.
I would work there again
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIFebruary 18, 2018
The days went by fast. most for the people that worked there were freidly. the maneger was awsum. breaks were fair. Dealing with costemers could be chalenging at times.
Pros
time went fast
Cons
costemers could be dificult
Very fun and nice environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37043February 18, 2018
Everyone is very friendly to work with, and they are very understanding with work scheduling. I definitely recommend working here, especially for a first-time job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Always a Very busy store. Managers are reasonable. Great products for just one dollar. Great Friendly environment to work in. Easy and liable job for anyone.
Very calm enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Management is great treats staff with respect. Enjoyed helping customers. Great experience, staff treat each others with respect. Clean environment. Very considerate of staff.
Working at Dollar Tree
Cahier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 17, 2018
A typical day at work is usually quite busy no matter what you are doing. As cashier, you hardly ever leave the register. Doing recovery you are always moving around, cleaning and fronting/facing the product. Throwing freight also takes up the whole day and you are constantly stocking. I learned how to do most everything but manage at my store and I am quite proficient at it. My co workers are all friendly and generally nice to be around. The hardest part of the job is having to unload the trucks on Fridays. I enjoy stocking and being able to straighten up the store so that it looks nice.
Cons
no raises; low wages
It was a good first job starting place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONFebruary 17, 2018
At dollar tree I was a cashier, I would cash people out clean up around the front, put things back in the right aisles, wipe down the cash registers, filled up balloons, sweeping the whole store when closing.
Pros
It was close to where I lived
Cons
Didn’t get along with the people
bad
Assistant Manager/Freight Manager (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, NMFebruary 17, 2018
they are not a good company to work for they do not treat people fair management is awful and they show favoritism which should not be allowed, they allow managers to hire friends and family at the same loction
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 17, 2018
Was a fun place to work. Only good to work at if you just want part time. Not aloud anymore than 20 hours or less a week. Good place to be your first job. Teaches you a lot about working with the public.
A typical day
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 17, 2018
It was ok money & job experience was a good thing but short breaks over worked under staffed . i also didnt like having short hours and being expected to complete so many tasks in the few hours i did have. The location was far from where i lived.
Pros
money & job experience
Cons
short breaks over worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K