Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

I liked the people and the work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 13, 2018
I loved working there good people good work place. I cleaned stocked cashier. I worked fast and good at working with team. I didn't have alot of issue.
Good people to work with
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, s.c.August 13, 2018
Great people to work with. Management is ok. I like my job. If u need time off they will work with you. The work isn't hard to do. You get benefits, etc.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Dollar Tree. I liked my coworkers, the managers were pretty cool and laid back, training was good, pay was good, hours were pretty good for part time. I would definitely recommend working at Dollar Tree.
Pros
Pay, hours, coworkers, environment
could of been better
Stocker (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2018
Base on the location of the store I worked at, the work environment was not up to part. The store could of been better, as well as the opportunities for career advancement.
simply dollar tree
Cashier/ Stocker Duties (Former Employee) –  Joppa, MDAugust 13, 2018
Dollar Tree would be a good job for retirees..Its not a stressfull or complicated work environment. It gives you the oppertunity to meet new and interesting people.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No room for advancement
Great starter job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 13, 2018
Rewarding job as long as you put effort forward and are willing to over come situation.Not every store is the same but when you find one you flow with you can go along way.
Slow always part time
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 13, 2018
Everyone is part time you have to work the shift they give you. Personally im tired of working nights can't have days till someone quits I don't see myself going any where
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
No paid meals breaks, no benfits, no full time hours
Company can be much better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaAugust 13, 2018
The company cares more about the sales over anything else. Managers are over worked and have to overcome obstacles almost every day that shouldn’t happen in the first place.
Pros
Okay pay, bonus
Cons
Lack of proper training, short staffed, overworked, no job security
Fun work place
Freight Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXAugust 13, 2018
I loved working for dollar tree whenever I first started I learned how to do everything in there less then a month time when I started I was only a cashier and then I became a manager that was the best feeling in the world
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Short breaks
Asm
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Boston, OHAugust 13, 2018
As management, there should be full-time shifts. Enjoy working with the co-workers, but only down fall, evening shift their is only 2 people working. There is a lot of things that have to be done. Not enough people to get jobs done.
not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 12, 2018
its dirty
you will never get over time
its understaffed
no one cares about their position
there are no outside slots for carts
the parking lot is a nightmare
Pros
dutch bros in the parking lot
Cons
everything else
it was ok
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 12, 2018
The job was very boring if you want to stand and pretty much do nothing all day then its the job for you. It is a very good first job because it isn't hard at all.
Fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 12, 2018
It's a good place to work if you are looking for extra cash and part time. It can be fun and stressful at times. There's always something to do. They have a pretty cool management team.
Decent job for students. Had issues contacting corporate.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Booneville, ArAugust 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time with Dollar Tree. Had issues with manager and contacting corporate. Having multiple managers sounds like a plus but when those managers have issues with each other it makes things difficult.
Pros
Enjoyable environment.
Cons
Corporate.
Run
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIAugust 12, 2018
I will never work for another place that has a weak managment. If your management is overruled and overrun by your employees then it's not really management.
Cons
Numerous unfortunately
nice place to work but better management would have made a difference
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCAugust 12, 2018
My overall review of working at dollar tree was not bad, i learned how to organize my jobs in a timely manner, interact with the general public in a professional and friendly manner. I learned here that management of the company at which you work is the overall backbone and support system, if management goes against others the work place will have a overall bad management and vise versa.
The hardest part of this job was being exspected to cover for people who often called out, i didnt mind at first but eventually felt like i was taken advantage of. Switching to a positive note my most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with great customers on a daily and feeling appreciated
Pros
mostly got the time off i requested
Cons
expected to cover everyones shift
Fun and friendly
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Perth amboy N.J. 08861August 12, 2018
It was a well paced job. The hours were flexible and manageable. I also enjoyed working with co workers. Job mostly consisted of stocking shelves ubloading and loading trucks and making sure store was clean and presentable. So in summary i would recomend and consider working again for Dollar Tree
Pros
Paid lunches
work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 12, 2018
Holidays are hectic and stressful. Almost every month there is another "holiday" or occasion that brings a lot of customers in. Stocking is the most relaxing part of the job.
It okay job to work on the side but nothing full time
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAAugust 11, 2018
Since working there gain experience in retail, learn bout more on what to do on somethings never did before.... It good work evoriment but depending on hours is what how long or days they need you for the week
ok place to work as a temporary position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 11, 2018
Dollar Tree is a good place to get promoted fast, but the wage raise when promoted isn't very good. Not enough hours and never get a raise as a sales associate even those that have been within the company for years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53K