Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 7, 2017
Great company to work for if you enjoy a fast pace.
This company dont give a lot of hours to the hourly associate and dont give enough hours to run the store work freight and unload trucks
Safe enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IL 62521December 7, 2017
Workers are always there for each other and well informed of products. Bosses always have work that needs to be done, so being bored at work isn't a possibility.
Great Management, good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CADecember 7, 2017
I spent 4 years with Dollar Tree and it fulfilled my career goal of managing a big box store. The management was fantastic and my coworkers were awesome.
Good Atmosphere
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 7, 2017
It was a very relaxed atmosphere, I enjoyed stocked the merchandise on to the floor and helping assist others in the process. Keeping the shelves stocked was a priority.
El ambiente de trabajo es bueno, pero no dan horas para trabajar y la paga es muy baja.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 7, 2017
Me gusta mucho el ambiente porque siempre la tienda esta llena y no te aburres. Siempre tienes algo que hacer
The people were awesome-- the hours, not so much.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 7, 2017
Don't let the title fool you. Dollar Tree was probably the first job I could truly say I didn't mind going to-- for the twleve to fifteen hours or so a week I got. My fellow associates were (for the most part) genuinely nice to work with; even the managers, who had their miscommunications and disagreements, proved to be friendly and personable people.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Inconsistent managing, gets real busy
Not a good work place
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXDecember 7, 2017
It would be a good place to work if when your supost to be at work at 4am but you have to wait outside for 30 mins or more because you boss over sleeps most mornings never on time. I cant tell you how many times I've got to work at 4am and had to wait on my boss to show up.
Cons
short breakes
Nice store, nice coworkers
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLDecember 7, 2017
Very busy store just not enough pay or hours. To many employees and not enough shifts. Paid biweekly and schedule changes every two weeks. no fulltime avaiable for cashiers.
Pros
everythings a $1.
Cons
ten minute breaks, 4 hour shifts, minimum wage, paid biweekly.
Fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2017
opening the store, putting out freight, scheduling, managing employees, recovery of store, closing the at night, receiving trucks,.

Not enough hours allowed to meet the customers needs and maintain store standards.

the customers are the most enjoyable.
Great customer service
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY 14225December 7, 2017
Overall, Dollar Tree was a great employer, but I personally disliked the biweekly pay. Other than that, management was great, and so were my co-workers.
not good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 6, 2017
The management was not supportive, Pay was low for what they expect from you, very high turn over on staff, productivity is extreme for the time frame they give you to do the tasks.
Met some great people, good benefits but Top Mgmt could care less about their employees
Expense Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 6, 2017
DT is the typical Corporate America Company in most ways. CEO gets a HUGE Bonus. When over budget which is ALL the time they cut corners affecting everyone's jobs.
Pros
Benefits, & corporate DT does hold events for Corp. employees and their families
Cons
Workload, Lack of Corp. support, Outrageious requirements
Great place
Cashier (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 6, 2017
Loved the people there but the pay was to low.So i needed to find something a little more competitive. I would have stayed if the hours were longer and the pay was better
what i did at work
Customer Services / Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CADecember 6, 2017
at dollar tree I work as a stocker I also did go backs and cleaning up the lines also went outside for the cart and also did cashier the day go by so fast
never again
CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2017
working at the dollar tree was a horrible expeirence. nobody cared about their work, and the pay was horrible. very unorganized. i would not recommend this job to anyone
great job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Berryville, ARDecember 6, 2017
I liked working at Dollar Tree Stores, but the hours were only part time. They should offer employees full time after a period of time of being there.
Pros
great manager
Cons
pay was only minimum wage
Very fast paced enviroment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 6, 2017
Very face paced environment. Was stressful at times due to lack of help. Management changes all time so you try to get along with the particular managers way of doing things but it was a little inconsistent.
work day at dollar tree
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 6, 2017
My work day consisted of standing at the cash register for 6 or 7 hours at a time and checking the customers out. The days were very fast and non stop .
Fast
Manager (Former Employee) –  Revere, MADecember 6, 2017
Fast pased not enough staff..no communication skills with some of the management team ..tje pay is reasonable..have to b able to multi tasks..always work with ur head up
Pros
Team work
Cons
Not enough staff
Real relaxed environment to work.
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Working at Dollar Tree was a very relaxed experience for me. My managers down to co-workers all treated one another with the utmost respect. The hardest part of the job was the time shift that i had(Overnight/Graveyard). The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with my fellow employees about everyday things and situations we dealt with working there. I found that to be a great tool to just speak and gather information from everyone to better our work experience during our time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7