Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Showing all 12,855 reviews
Fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 11, 2018
Often busy, never any monotony, diverse and interesting clientele and very nice, supportive store staff/management.
Always lots of side work to keep you busy.
if youre really short on money
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYNovember 11, 2018
terriible work place enviorment, very catty and unprofessional coworkers. the whole experience was beyond wild not to mention they wanted a lot when it came to recovery and put backs.
Pros
you got paid
Cons
you had to work there
Love this place
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington ncNovember 11, 2018
Great place to work. Manager is easy to work for and does not put too many tasks on you. Customers are easy to please. Wished they paid more and had full time positions with benefits.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No full time
Good Store
Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 11, 2018
Great place to go shopping. For all your food and holiday stuff. For all seasons .the selection of sutff you find is awesome and its all fir a dollar.
Good for a first job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GANovember 11, 2018
Slow -paced environment that helps with communication skills. Good for a first job maybe not a career unless you get into a full time higher up position. Great environment, part time hours were okay I suppose.
store and co workers great
Sales Floor Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 11, 2018
Store and coworkers great but micro managing and increasing standards make getting work done almost impossible. not much appreciation for the employees either.
Thought I was getting the hang of it but it was not meant to be.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 10, 2018
I dislike that I was rushed and written off as not understanding the job when I just needed more practice as well as focus when that wasn't a luxury, also disliked being called into work on off days.
Productive and cheery place at Dollar Tree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 10, 2018
I worked temporarily as a cashier for the holiday special for Christmas season. It was very busy, lots of customers getting groceries and Christmas ornaments.
poor
Merchandising Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 10, 2018
Not enough hours, expected to be available 24 hours a day
no support for staff
poor management
disorganized, you work your butt off and they have no appreciation for the work you do.
They suck
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 9, 2018
I was a full time asm at dollar tree .. I worked hard and delt with all the BS they put you thru, such as chaotic work hrs, not enough pay roll for the employees, disrespectful SMs and DMs, Everyone throwing their job on me, lazy co managers etc. And they fired me for something so small.. They dont have no remorse for the workers and they don't bother to give you a warning its just point blank fired and one to the next. ... ..
Pros
As a full time manager i got paid vacations, cool co workers, and i learned great customer service skills dealing with all the different personalities
Cons
They took out $200+ a month for health care, im now paying 20$ with another healthcare

Want to know more about Dollar Tree?

Ask a question
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 9, 2018
whats great is that you always have something to do. there is a to do list given to each employee on what they are doing for the time they are there for.
i love always being busy
Pros
always busy
Cons
break is only ten minutes
Relaxed
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXNovember 9, 2018
A slow paced store with a very lenient managers.
Atypical work day was normally pretty slow.
There wasn't really anything hard about the job.
There was a wide verity of culture in the work place.
Awful management and training skills
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MANovember 9, 2018
I loved my customers but it's bull when you walk in and are not directed what to do or told what your till number will be for the day or anything. When I'd call for a manager for help, they huffed and puffed. Also, pretty sure when you work a 5+ hr work day, you get a 15 min break but we got 10 mins. I was a no call, no show one day. Got a new job in 2 days. If you have any sort of intelligence, this job is not for you.
Pros
time goes by quickly, fast-paced, great co-workers
Cons
management, out of date registers
great company to work for
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 9, 2018
I had a store manager that helped and encouraged me to advance in the company. Management is caring and willing to work with your scheduling needs and concerns
Good job to work at
Stocking (Former Employee) –  Northlake Village, FLNovember 9, 2018
Dollar tree is a good job to work at but it cant pay all your bills I like it but I fought something that paid more then that end up being slow and we got laid off I like stocking it makes time go by quit and fun doing the job Im a working woman I try to make everything work I don't like quitting jobs I try to stay long as possible even if I see stuff Idont agree with but this case I LEFT.
Good start up experience and fast paced work environment.
MANAGER, ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CA 92243November 8, 2018
Dollar Tree, gave me the freedom to supervise others, and manage store operations, while learning new skills within the organization.

Handling customer service issues, complaints, cash balancing and bank deposits.working with scheduling, and inventory handling.

Hardest part of the job was filling in for sick employee call ins and no shows to work.

Easiest part of the job was the store operations, customer service and management duties required to run the store.
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
part time hours only, no benefits
Friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 8, 2018
Its fun and friendly i enjoy working there but its the wages that i cant be ok with it also has no benefits. I do enjoy meeting new people everyday. And managemnt is cool.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Low wages no benefits
For first timesers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 8, 2018
It was a day by day expeierence. Some were good, some were worse than others. No set schedule unless supervisors liked you. And hours were never the same.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Short breaks
Busy and outgoing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 8, 2018
Ive been her for a year and received a promotion within a few moths along with raise and better benefits. Gave me the managerial expri was looking for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
Working at Dollar Tree was productive in my personal opinion. It helped me a lot in a way where I learned more to communicate with people . Also how to manage the cast register
Pros
Didcounts
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K