Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Asm
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Boston, OHAugust 13, 2018
As management, there should be full-time shifts. Enjoy working with the co-workers, but only down fall, evening shift their is only 2 people working. There is a lot of things that have to be done. Not enough people to get jobs done.
not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 12, 2018
its dirty
you will never get over time
its understaffed
no one cares about their position
there are no outside slots for carts
the parking lot is a nightmare
Pros
dutch bros in the parking lot
Cons
everything else
it was ok
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 12, 2018
The job was very boring if you want to stand and pretty much do nothing all day then its the job for you. It is a very good first job because it isn't hard at all.
Fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 12, 2018
It's a good place to work if you are looking for extra cash and part time. It can be fun and stressful at times. There's always something to do. They have a pretty cool management team.
Decent job for students. Had issues contacting corporate.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Booneville, ArAugust 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time with Dollar Tree. Had issues with manager and contacting corporate. Having multiple managers sounds like a plus but when those managers have issues with each other it makes things difficult.
Pros
Enjoyable environment.
Cons
Corporate.
Run
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIAugust 12, 2018
I will never work for another place that has a weak managment. If your management is overruled and overrun by your employees then it's not really management.
Cons
Numerous unfortunately
nice place to work but better management would have made a difference
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCAugust 12, 2018
My overall review of working at dollar tree was not bad, i learned how to organize my jobs in a timely manner, interact with the general public in a professional and friendly manner. I learned here that management of the company at which you work is the overall backbone and support system, if management goes against others the work place will have a overall bad management and vise versa.
The hardest part of this job was being exspected to cover for people who often called out, i didnt mind at first but eventually felt like i was taken advantage of. Switching to a positive note my most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with great customers on a daily and feeling appreciated
Pros
mostly got the time off i requested
Cons
expected to cover everyones shift
Fun and friendly
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Perth amboy N.J. 08861August 12, 2018
It was a well paced job. The hours were flexible and manageable. I also enjoyed working with co workers. Job mostly consisted of stocking shelves ubloading and loading trucks and making sure store was clean and presentable. So in summary i would recomend and consider working again for Dollar Tree
Pros
Paid lunches
work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 12, 2018
Holidays are hectic and stressful. Almost every month there is another "holiday" or occasion that brings a lot of customers in. Stocking is the most relaxing part of the job.
It okay job to work on the side but nothing full time
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAAugust 11, 2018
Since working there gain experience in retail, learn bout more on what to do on somethings never did before.... It good work evoriment but depending on hours is what how long or days they need you for the week
ok place to work as a temporary position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 11, 2018
Dollar Tree is a good place to get promoted fast, but the wage raise when promoted isn't very good. Not enough hours and never get a raise as a sales associate even those that have been within the company for years.
Amazing first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2018
The managers are nice everyone is sweet I have nothing bad to say about working here other then the pay.. you get experience working the register, get 15 min breaks, I would still be there if I live closer it even working for the minamum wage to be worth it
Pros
Gives you experience and the people are amazing
Cons
Pay
A good transitional job, no real draw for anything long term
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 11, 2018
The people and work is enjoyable and very laid back for a customer service job, despite dated equipment and methods. If you're looking for a job to settle into, I don't really recommend it.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 11, 2018
Love working for Dollar tree. Fun laid back place to work. Management is good but the pay not so much. Allows you to do different things not just one thing all shift. But I think they should pay More.
Pros
Fun laid back and easy work.
Cons
Pay is very low
Dollar Tree Is an excellent company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYAugust 11, 2018
My experience at Dollar Tree has been phenomenal. It wasn't my intent to work there so long but the hours were great while I attended college. The staff there is great and they treat you with respect. The customers that come there give me compliments on the store all the time on how well organized the store is and how nice and friendly my staff is. The pay is decent for the work I do there and I feel that Dollar Tree is great company to work for.
Pros
Clean Enviroment & Friendly Staff
Cons
Low salary & No benefits
Stressful work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baker, LAAugust 11, 2018
Always wants to tell you how to do things but were not doing them herself. She was rude in every way. No respect for her employees or herself. Always on the phone when suppose to be working.
Pros
Fast-paced, Friendly environment, Meet new people
Cons
Short breaks, Not enough pay, Poor management
ok to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2018
it was too much for me work there also they paid everyone check after 2 weeks and its not worth it. every employees only work for 3 hours or 5 not more then that. also slow and too busy and mess all the time.
Nice easy going
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIAugust 11, 2018
Fun place to work, easy to stock, easy customer service. Time off is accessible if you communicate and are respectful, nice company nice people, I'd work there again.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low pay
Productive but lack of tools to finish pushing product
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 11, 2018
Pushing product is quick and sometimes a little stressful. Lacks the tools to help finish projects. Demands to much from their associates to pushing all frieght out.
Pros
Very productive, easy to work for
Cons
Not enough associates to help cover shifts, Little to no communication between team, demands to much from their associate
Relaxed place to work but little advancement and benefits
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INAugust 11, 2018
Overall being a cashier at dollar tree is fairly simple. It's a rather relaxed atmosphere with its few busy times. Although there isn't much room for advancement nor is there quality benefits involved its a decent starter job for anyone needing to gain experience in the field.
Pros
Pretty relaxed atmosphere, no overtime
Cons
Not much room for advancement, little benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53K