Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

fun little place for people who just want 2 shifts a week...not me
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 14, 2018
cashier mostly i learned alot and how to deal with customers, they dont give out many shifts so the salary and pay day is very low looking for a new job
Pros
organized
Cons
not many shifts
Would make a good job for a high-school student.
Freight manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 14, 2018
As a manager it was quite stressful. My store managers were great-outstanding people, however some of the co-managers i could not say the same about unfortunately. Most stress would however come from corporate. You would have one corporate official instructing you to do things one way while another would be telling you o do it the opposite way generating a lot of issues. Then at times they could be very disrespectful. From this I was able to learn how to deal and interact with people from a corporate office.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
A lot of hours and not always fair pay
decent work environment
Ensembled store/cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2018
They worked with you when it came to the scheduling. Was not to much over bearing work load. I was offered to advance within the company. There was to much gossiping there for me though.
Terrible management
Associate worker (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Management makes up any role they want to expects dissociative abide by The pay is horrible and they expect more out of you for less payThey hire managers that have no idea what they’re doing
Pros
Get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
You can’t ever get first shift
Horrible management
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 14, 2018
The management here is terrible, write ups for not taking breaks when manager doesn’t let you take breaks. Hardly any training and no organization in the store. Pushing items out when there is no room on the sales floor. You get your schedule a day in advanced and have to call basically every day to figure out if your working. The only good thing that came from this job were the hard working employees I befriended, they deserve to be treated better.
Cons
Too many
Productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoy working here, the only downsides are that I have to drive so far to go to work, as well as working nights also messes with my body. I do like the work environment just looking for something closer to home.
Pros
great environment
Cons
long distance, night shift
Easy job if you follow directions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 13, 2018
Job is pretty easy, follow direction, use common sense, and be prepare to actually work and advancement is pretty quick. I see alot of negative reviews and unless you know the situation.Dont be quick to judge. Dollar tree sells everything for a dollar. Of course wages are not going to be 10+ unless you are in management. Again..Easy job. Key points..be prepare to work hard, follow directions, ask questions and give awesome customer service
Pros
Quick advancement
Cons
Can be stressful, same thing day in, day out.
Fast-paced, customer oriented
Operations Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNFebruary 13, 2018
I am currently working as a part-time Operations Assistant Manager.
I enjoy my job working with the public but lately it has become more stressful than I anticipated.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Low wages, no benefits
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work enjoyed all the customers. loved to meet new people. Management was the best. Really havent had a hard part until holidays. most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new customers and working with great people.
Pros
brought my own lunches
Cons
breaks were 15 minutes but were great
How it is Productive
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Things are not very organized with the scheduling of hours and what needs to be done. I think things should be explained more on what you are suppose to be doing on your shift. Some confusion between employees on this subject. More training needed with all employees that work here.
Cons
Short Breaks and Lunches
Was very rewarding and knowledgeable to build the store from scratch
Cashier Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Company changed managers too often who followed they're own guidelines not the companies, therefor it was very difficult to know what was expected of me when it changed according to personal wants and opinions.
Loved my Manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILFebruary 13, 2018
I can say that my work experience at Dollar Tree was a enjoyable one. my manager was amazing and I found the work to be just fine. nothing is too hard.
no room for advancement poor management skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 13, 2018
during the course spent at dollar tree I had 4 managers, each time I tried to be promoted I was told yes and then passed over for absolutely no reason other then the simple fact that they knew someone or had the employee before. would not recommend working here for long periods of time.
I loved working at Dollar Tree
S Sam Houston Tollway - Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  8501 S Sam Houston TollwayFebruary 13, 2018
It was really easy working at Dollar Tree and anyone with decent Customer Service Skills, will find the work very easy. Time passes quickly when holiday season. Great Managers
Happy and active work place
Cashier, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton, AR 72015February 13, 2018
I had a lot of fun working at Dollar Tree for almost 5 years. It was very productive and I truly treasured my co-workers. I enjoyed unloading freight the most.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 13, 2018
This was my second job and I had worked on and off for 3 years. This job kept me aflot when I moved and it was decent work. I had to leave because I was layed off.
Cons
Didn't provide many hours. Always getting called in on my days off
Retail Job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, AZFebruary 13, 2018
This is a typical retail job with minimum wage pay. I am a people person and I enjoyed that. The schedule was not as flexible as I would have liked but I appreciated the experience.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Working weekends.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 13, 2018
I like to work with people , and give them the best I have to offer. Management is there to do a job and I didn't have a problem with the completion of a task at hand. The environment was over all good, the work in general was steady. If there happen to be a moment for downtime I would find something to do that would utilize my work time.
Pros
Light work conditions
Cons
breaks happen to be to short
alot of work for little pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pocomoke City, MDFebruary 13, 2018
They expect you to stock shelves, help customers, unload trucks, fill coolers and clean during different shifts. They expect you to do things regardless if your hurt or sick and only pay minimum wage at part-time hours.
Easy workplace, just tons of lifting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAFebruary 13, 2018
This job was honestly really simple. I did a lot of restocking. I worked with customers daily. A lot of organizing, and a lot of cleaning! The staff was great for the most part. Although, the manager made me very uncomfortable!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K