Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 12,853 reviews matching the search See all 12,855 reviews
Great Job if you're new to the manager role
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARNovember 12, 2018
As a store manager, your store is a direct reflection of how you manage your people and processes. If you work 50 hours a week and train your staff properly it will be rewarding in the future.
Pros
Great pay for store managers
Cons
Not easy to be promoted into field manager roles
Loved working with the people there
Assistant Manager RetailAssistant manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 12, 2018
Work for a place for over two years and only got $.15 raise was not fair for all the work that you had to do and all the hours you had to be thereLoved working with the people there Would not refer anyone there that was trying to raise a family at the dollar tree the cashiers do not get raises at all the district manager refused to give raises to a lot of people
Pros
Loved working at the dollar tree. Love working with all the cashiers. Love the customers
Cons
10 minute breaks
Wasnt satisfied
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LaBelle, FLNovember 12, 2018
I was not happy working for this company making minimum wage but working to fill a manager and cashier position when cashiers caller off .. running the store alone when things would go wrong. Was being trained for higher position with no intentions of increased pay and ended up getting injured while performing the task . Store was in high risk of being closed down due to not being able to stay fully stocked and operated
this location is rather harsh for those trying to get an education while working
Employee (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTNovember 12, 2018
my boss refused to listen to me when i said i needed time off in the mornings to take mornig classes when i was earning my high-school equivalency. i had applied for part time and i was scheduled to work only half an hour away from full time and my name was taken out of the system because i wasn't being scheduled during the 2 weeks i had classes and i lost my job beccause of it.
Pros
cheap food if you needed to buy lunch
Cons
short breaks, slow hours
Fun and exciting place to work . I love my customers and my employee.
Asst manager (Current Employee) –  Port allenNovember 12, 2018
I worked for the company a long time and it a very nice place . Even though there are something the company need to work on it’s not my place to address it.
Pros
Fun, loving customers, and paid leave
Cons
A lot of Thing they need to work on
My experience (previous employee)
Retail Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, ABNovember 12, 2018
Terrible experience working at Dollar Tree - Management was horrible & mistreated staff, didn’t show up for shifts so the store was left closed until someone else went in to open it. Schedule was never complete we would only get a text the day of saying when it was complete. Never seen such terrible management, seemed like a good place to work until you see how unorganized it is. A month after minimum wage changed as of oct 1/2018 & I was still being paid less than minimum wage. Not recommended for a place of employment.
Pros
No pros
Awfully stressful
Cashier/ Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  NewmarketNovember 12, 2018
really bad management and staff, people don't show up for shifts but they are so desperate for staff that they don't even fire them.
I also want to mention how dirty the place is. The floors are literally never properly cleaned, and in the staff washroom there are filled mop buckets with dirty moldy water in them still, flies and other things shoved in a corner. The back room is overflowing with boxes and is completely unorganized.

Do not recommend.
Pros
What I could buy
Cons
everything else
Busy, fast-paced place business.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MINovember 12, 2018
Typical shift is 5 hours and part-time only....very limited full-time positions. Run cash register and stock shelves as well as straighten and re-shop items customers did not want or put in the wrong home. Hardest part of the job is standing for long periods of time and irritable customers (not a lot of them). Most enjoyable part of the job is when customers are excited as everything in the store is one dollar or less.
Pros
fast-paced, busy, short shifts
Cons
management personalities vary greatly & no chance for advancement
Great work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Angola, INNovember 12, 2018
I love going to work everyday. I have had jobs that I hated waking up in the mornings to go but this job is one of the best places to work. The management treats you like one of there family members!
Dollar Tree Summary
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDNovember 12, 2018
Working at the Dollar Tree enhances my customer service experience. I am calm under stressful situations. The environment is fast paced and very demanding from the customers but I am able to face and conquer them.
Pros
staff
Cons
environment
It was a good place to work for a part time job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2018
During my time there I learned how to communicate with outside cultures, which tested my patience but I prevailed. I also added a positive attitude to other employees.
so so place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 12, 2018
at my time of employment the dm was rude to me before I became assistant manager when people didn't show for shifts the extra workload became the managers plus juggling the store employees was not held accountable for tardiness or no show
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
dm was rude
Low pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 12, 2018
Coworkers were trash
The management was pretty good on things , except for when you wanted to move up in the store. The crew were slow and lacked professional service, their overall performance being that they worked there for so long was a negative 10 . I would recommend the job if you don’t have anyone or anything to support . The pay isn’t that good , you have to work your butt off to get a decent check and you can’t get over 40 hours soooo yea
Pros
Accommodating schedule
Cons
Low pay, awful coworkers
Poor Management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 12, 2018
My manager treated me very unfairly. I was fired for an unknown reason. I was given no warning and no chance to improve. The district manager was not much help in the situation. The environment was busy, hectic, and disorganized at times. Whatever I did was never good enough. Pay was 10 cents above minimum. Would not recommend my local store, but I hope the others are better.
Pros
I made a few friends
Cons
Management was rude and condescending
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LANovember 11, 2018
A typical day at dollar tree was great. I've learned that you should be patient with others. The management were all friendly and made working fun with great.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 11, 2018
Often busy, never any monotony, diverse and interesting clientele and very nice, supportive store staff/management.
Always lots of side work to keep you busy.
if youre really short on money
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYNovember 11, 2018
terriible work place enviorment, very catty and unprofessional coworkers. the whole experience was beyond wild not to mention they wanted a lot when it came to recovery and put backs.
Pros
you got paid
Cons
you had to work there
Love this place
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington ncNovember 11, 2018
Great place to work. Manager is easy to work for and does not put too many tasks on you. Customers are easy to please. Wished they paid more and had full time positions with benefits.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No full time
Good Store
Dollar Tree Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 11, 2018
Great place to go shopping. For all your food and holiday stuff. For all seasons .the selection of sutff you find is awesome and its all fir a dollar.
Good for a first job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GANovember 11, 2018
Slow -paced environment that helps with communication skills. Good for a first job maybe not a career unless you get into a full time higher up position. Great environment, part time hours were okay I suppose.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K