Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Great place
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chester, SC 29706July 19, 2018
Some days it be a slow paced and fast paced, it fun sometimes, and always have the work done. The customers be sometimes rude or disrespectful at times but everything else nothing but a great job.
Enjoyable Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 19, 2018
The calm environment helped me gain confidence and get better at my job much faster. I am able to get tasks done much earlier than when they are supposed to be done when I am in a calm environment.
Productive and busy place to work in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 19, 2018
A pleasant and productive environment to work in.
Greeting and waiting on the customers .
fair management
handling damage goods
how to count the teal properly at the beginning and end of the shift .
there was nothing hard about my job to me
I learned how to be more productive and more proficient.
It also self reliance when I filled in at the other Dollar Tree Stores when I was called in to work at them,(other than my store)
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 18, 2018
Good. Great first job for first time job seekers. Great management. Retail stores are flexible great for students or thise looking for a 2nd or part time income.
Loved this job.
Cashier, customer service, running (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FL 32064July 18, 2018
At this job you would always stay very busy. Always got to meet new people. I loved the fact I could help people in the store. I also loved stocking the store and setting up for the different holidays.
great place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2018
i enjoyed working here during high school this was another un paid position i did this for credit during my high school years and it was a great place to work
Underpaid
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJuly 18, 2018
You can't make a living working there, they won't give hours or give you more than minimum wage. The people the manager hires, are not working material. They are rude, and not friendly
Pros
The manager
Cons
short breaks, bad crew members
fun workplace
Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJuly 18, 2018
The dollar tree was nice and descent place to work at I just wish, I was able to get more then just two to three day out of a week to work. If I know someone that was looking for a part-time job .I would tell them about the Dollar tree
dollar tree was not a good job
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHJuly 18, 2018
management was horrible. the hours were bad. no one knew what they were doing. they didnt really want to help you learn how to do things, they fired me because i was sick as a dog.
Oh Christmas joy.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WAJuly 18, 2018
Job was mostly fun,it was the Christmas season and most people are happy that time of year. Typical day consisted of checking items at register,stocking when new product came in,sometimes clean-up,and restocking things that had been left in wrong place. I liked my manager,professional,fair,and friendly. I guess the hardest part of the job would be sometimes so busy didn't get a break for 5 or 6 hours. The best part was interacting with customers,I loved the happy faces.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
meeting new people.
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2018
I liked working there cause i got to meet new people there. The work environment is fast paced but flexible to deal with.The pay is okay for the job and they work with you.
Great if you have no life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2018
Perfect for workaholics!
Learn to have patience and nothing is worth stressing over. It is not the end of the world, there is always a solution. Working in retail is way harder than what it seems.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Too many to mention
Busy and Heart Pumping
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
I got calls from a Manager calling me in like 3 hours early with no Schedule. I had to keep calling Cashiers because lines were to much to bear. The manager barely does anything I was short a couple dollars and she was watching the cameras recording and made me feel like I was in a incrimination when I did not steal. That is why I quite at Dollar Tree because they have no regard for emotions.
Pros
No pros
Cons
10 Min Lunch, Short Notice on working, 30 Minute Training
Multi Paced Environment, Must Learn Quick.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 17, 2018
Like Any Place Of Work It Has Its Ups And Downs. Some Customers Are Great Some Are Rude. But In Every Job You Find YOUR Rhythm, Something That Makes Your Job Easier On You.
Pros
Your Regular Customers Makes Your Day!!!
Cons
W Can No Longer Have Anything To Drink At The Register.
worse company ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 17, 2018
no life work balance, no hours no payroll, upper management do not care for anything that happens at store level. manager based business meaning management must do it all especially store manager.
Na
Management (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 17, 2018
Very short staffed and store plan is always disorganized. The pay for the work expected is un reasonable. Good luck to Dollar Tree employees. I wish you the best
Productive and a fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAJuly 17, 2018
Very easy for a first time job. Environment was relaxing, coworkers were very friendly and welcoming. Managers were great. Most enjoyable part of my day was greet customers, making sure they found what they needed. Sometimes i would help and stock here and there.
Nice to work but poorly managed.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJuly 17, 2018
Working at Dollar Tree was good at first. I learned customer service and how to stock things correctly. The management was good but poorly ran. Work place was diverse. Hardest part of job was trying to keep the store clean. Most enjoyable was making sure the customers were happy and found what they needed.
Cons
10 minute breaks
i wouldn't let me dog work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 17, 2018
this company sucks I hate it and I would let my dog work for them they wont give full time unless you a manager and they expect like too much out of one person
brief
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
even though my employment with company was brief I had a great time managing my younger staff. It was fun and the atmosphere was breath taking. I would work for the company again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K