Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Quick passed and welcoming
Temporary Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2018
The management kept things fast passed and they welcomed everyone like family. They also helped people learn the job as well as picked up slack where was needed. allowing people to have flexible scheduled.
I was promoted to an Administrative Assistant and yet I was micromanaged by my manager the whole time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 16, 2018
I did not like the manager at this place because he was a micromanager and always wanted things to go exactly his way. He gave me no room to work autonomously
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
Too far to drive
Fun job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 16, 2018
Dollar tree is a job that will help u being a cashier and the employees are very sweet and will help customers with welcomes arms with a smile.All positive vibes and good customers service
It was very relaxed and easy going but the pay was minium wage with no benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 16, 2018
Dollar Tree was a very relaxed, easy going job . its an extra job to have on the side to bring extra money into the household . You cashiering as well as stocking at the same time while at work . the job was okay for tjs time being but as a single mother going on 27 its time to elevate and gain finicial stability
Pros
Worked with my sons daycare schedule
Cons
No benefits for part-time, no overtime, minium wage pay
productive fun to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAOctober 16, 2018
ilove it friendly envorment the managers are cool. people and the employees. Also its fast pace. you get too meet lots of new people. the hardest part i would say is go backs.
The workers are fun to work with but sometimes they seem to be two-faced.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marathon County, WIOctober 16, 2018
I would not recommend working at Dollar Tree, they don't pay enough to live on. I have been thete for 6 years and i still dont make enough money to be able t afford what i need for my familly. I dont to live but just getting by, id like to be able to afford more for my family as far as needs not wants.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
People lie an the manager takes away peoples hours
Ability to Advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 16, 2018
Dollar Tree gave their current employees the opportunity to advance before reaching out to outside sources. They were big on allowing the cashiers to have the ability to grow,
My particular store location was a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2018
The management at my particular store was great to work for they where willing to teach and encourage you for advancement. They had great attitudes and caring about actual employee.
not a great place to work
Store Manager I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2018
very stress full one cashier one stocker and one manager on duty on busy day and time you need at least 3 cashiers but we never had that not a fun place to work but i did the best i could
Pros
i was the manager
Cons
didnt have enough hours to run this store
Great Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAOctober 16, 2018
Working for Dollar Tree was very laid back and I always walked in to the store with a smile and a greeting. I am hoping that others will begin to do the same and make the customers feel welcome. I love working with customers and seeing their happy faces leave the store.
Basic, cluttered workplace with little hours
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, OROctober 16, 2018
Basic an easy job, unloaded an organized boxes from the freight truck. The inventory room was a mess. Did not receive very many hours, usually got sent home early due to amount of employees. The hardest part of my job was not getting frustrated with the limited inventory space that the store had. Most enjoyable part of the job was that I got off work around 12 on a full shift.
Pros
Hands on job
Cons
Little to no hours, no benefits.
Great place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  IowaOctober 16, 2018
The workers at the dollar tree are good people and friendly. They could be more into helping but they work with what they got . I would work there again.
Pros
Everything is a dollar
Cons
Not many hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZOctober 15, 2018
They trained me well. They were understanding when it came to my health at first. It wasn't too fast-paced. The customers were usually friendly. The managers were nice and very helpful.
Lack of leadership
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 15, 2018
It was a place where everyday we were short staffed. Plus the reason was because our manager would then take the left over hours from not scheduling anyone and would get bonuses for it.
Cons
short breaks
dont work at dollar tree
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2018
dont work at dollar tree .... management isn't good , they say that they will be flexible with the schedule and they don't at all and you have another job
Only for a short time
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2018
Honestly unless you plan on being a Manager I don't suggest you make a career out of working here. The pay is nothing to live on and as far as I know the benefits aren't worth the time.
Excellent place to start a career in management.
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at dollartredollartrer and it's an excellent place to begin i management. Growth does become slow after a certain point and training is minimal.
I really like working there , it’s a very professional place of work and helps me learn different things about my job .
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
Always have a flexible schedule and always be on time , and if you are going to apply here be committed to the job . Store manager is very helpful and helps others if they have other jobs or school.
Pros
Great job and work place
Cons
Not enough hours
Average min. wage job. You get what you put into it.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 15, 2018
It's your typical retail job. Not difficult but depending on your store manager you'll either love or hate working there. Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Health insurance when reaching full time.
Cons
Retail.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 15, 2018
Nice place to work. Wish there were more hours because 10-15 hours a week (average) is VERY hard to try to live on. Mgmt was good, work was fun, and customers were awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K