Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

It could be fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 17, 2017
The job had many opportunities to meet and work with people. it was a fast pace to get the trucks unloaded and out on the sales floor for customers. You had to greet customers and treat them with respect. You have to balance your duties along with helping others. Being able to count money back and how to handle and respond to certain customers needs. It was an over all good place to work.
Knowledge was gained
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKDecember 16, 2017
I had no problem working here. I enjoyed my time here it was a good experience, It helped my career I received knowledge and I have a better understanding
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CADecember 16, 2017
I did a great job cashiering and excellent customer service assuring the customer an excellent shopping experience. I am great at counting out the customers purchase and the checks and debit.
Upper management is a joke
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WADecember 16, 2017
Absolutely loved my in store manager!! He was awesome and the new DM destroyed our store. I loved going to work and now I hate it! I've worked multiple retail jobs but I loved this one because of the amazing manager. I'm now looking for other work because I am watching the store fall apart day by day. One of my co-workers cries daily because she misses our manager that much. The way the company treated him was despicable and should be ashamed!!!! The store has gone to H E L L, in less than a week! We can't get to our break room because of freight. It's dangerous to even go in the back. Don't work here! Ever!
Pros
You can text while helping customers
Cons
The DM sucks! Cs is a joke and the freight amounts are a joke
competive
Cashier/Stocker/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLDecember 16, 2017
Manager- head manger; was very harasser, sexually, and verbally. Assassinate manager was very kind, kept the place going, been trained by for temporary management, well under pressure. Working environment was always fast pace, everyone was flexible with shift coverage, and good communication.
Love the company, 3+ years working with them.
Sales Associate/Stock Room (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CADecember 16, 2017
Unfortunately our most recent store manager pushed me to having to resign from my position due to a long list of complaints about her scheduling issues, attitude, and other poor management skills.
Other stores I have worked in however were amazing and I loved every day I worked.
Super flexible with hours, understanding when dealing with my full time student schedule and travel needs.
Cons
short breaks, prolonged standing not allowed to sit or rest.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 16, 2017
Fun to work with and help customers. Everything is a dollar! Gives you new things to do for job tasks. Can level up to manager if you do well as a cashier and willing to learn new things and show up to work. Must follow rules to go up on the toteum pole!
Pros
Only a few hours to work at a time.
Cons
Short break, low pay
Dollar tree can be a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indian hill shopping center, north little rockDecember 15, 2017
Dollar tree could be a very good place to work if the work hours would incerase and pay would increase
I would recommend friends and family to work and shop there.
Pros
Close to my residents
Cons
Short hours
Only if you're desperate
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 15, 2017
This a job for teenagers or someone desperate enough to accept mandatory P/T of 25 hrs or less on minimum wages. The excruciating pain from standing on the concrete scanning one dollar item at a time. Their corporate office could care less about the safety of it's employees. This was one of the worst places to be employed. Everything I learned came by way of the customers.
heptic
Assistant Manager/Cashier/ Stocker (Current Employee) –  La Pine, ORDecember 15, 2017
Each day is different. There are many obstacles to tackle. Higher managers, outside of the store, have forgotten what it is like to work the stores.
Pros
Cons
a lot
productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 15, 2017
dollar tree is an amazing job with great customers, employees, and management alike. promotions from within, great opportunities for raises, flexible hours, and easy accommodations for medical needs
relaxed
Overnight freight associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2017
relaxed easy going environment , a lot of product to push to sales floor. poor communication skills. and low pay. co-workers are great , management not so great.
Fun Place to wok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, MNDecember 15, 2017
The management is great and the employees. The work environment is great but can be stressful at the same time. But overall it is a great place to work.
Daily Duties
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2017
I would open or close, I would start up the store system and computers, then I organize stock room and fill in all the product that sold. I was also in charge of money management, responsible for getting change for the store and bank deposits,
Pros
great customers, friendly staff
Cons
not much opportunity to grow.
interesting at the beginning
Stocking/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2017
One thing that is not enjoyable is carrying all the heavy stuff when you need to unload the truck.Since it was my first job, I learned how to interact with costumers and I feel like this job would give people a lot of experience in costumer service.
Pros
sometimes you work on your own pace
Cons
short break, it will be 10 minutes
Muy organizado
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hidalgo, TXDecember 14, 2017
Es un lugar muy organizado, cuenta con muy buena atención y brindan ayuda al que la necesite.
Pros
Todo me parec bien
Cons
No hay buen estacionamiento
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colville, WADecember 14, 2017
not really enough time to get other tasks done so always has to go to the person on the next shift. manager was amazing and understanding and enjoyed working for her. the hardest part of the job was the not enough time to get other tasks done in between cashiering as there was usually only one cashier and one on backup cashier
Pros
manager was a great person to work with
Cons
to busy and not enough employees
Didn’t like the managers, under new management
Cashier And Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 14, 2017
While I was still training the manager on duty took twenty minutes to have a personal conversation and make jokes while there was only one other employee working.
Pros
Entry level
Cons
Short breaks, bad scheduling, regular employees complaining during work hours
Crazy weekends
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Streamwood, ILDecember 14, 2017
I only work weekends, the busiest days and it gets pretty crazy. Trying to get the store back in order is the hardest on these days but the time goes by quick so that's a plus.
Okay work ethic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PADecember 14, 2017
working at dollar tree you have to have a lot of patients dealing with the customers. a typical work day would consist of cleaning and stocking. I learned to have patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7