Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Fast pace prodictive.
Cashier Stocker (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 20, 2018
Dollar Tree had a good manager. There is no structure hours vary every week. I love the customer's. Did not get raise in the year I've been there. No paid time off for vocations or sick time.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Not guaranteed hours. No raises
Horrible
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYAugust 20, 2018
Pay was bad , they give no hours , they only offer part time and have the audacity to have biweekly pay and the managers are rude and inconsiderate ..
Fun place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 20, 2018
Really great store to work for close to home always shopping here great things for only $1 ...great co-workers love to greet all customers .. there is always something to do.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Short breaks.
fast pace
part-time cashier (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 20, 2018
was very busy with stocking shelves an checking out customers at the register
you had to stock so many shelves during your shift an it was frowned upon if you didnt accomplish that
Pros
discount
Cons
hard labor
Responsibilities of the work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2018
For me there was never a typical day, I felt that repeated the same day all the time.

I learned to be cashier, to be more responsible in my things, and to do things on my own.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to do several things at the same time as for example: Be a cashier, organize the store and put things in place.

The part that most enjoyed the job was when I was talking to some of the customers, some were very funny.
Cons
We were just the manager and me with the whole store. And it was complicated for me.
fast paced enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYAugust 20, 2018
Dollar Tree is a great place to start and get the experienced. You will be well balance when you left there, its an experience and you meet all different of customers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short break
Very Fast
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 20, 2018
There are about one or two cashiers counting you while there are a lot of customers. Some days are busy and some are not. Sometimes the managers are not there when you need them.
Productive working environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYAugust 20, 2018
Management was very flexible with working on my schedule and was very understnand when I have to leave. I learned that communications is a key role in a work place to keep each employee on the right page with each other.
My experience at Dollar Tree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 20, 2018
Dollar Tree is not a bad first job; however, it's not a long term job. Not to mention there are zero benefits/insurance. If you are in high school and looking for a job for after school or just the weekends it's perfect for you. Just in my case if you try to work more than one job, management doesn't always want to work with you. Also, unless you are a manager you will be part time and they don't like to give over 22 hours weekly, at minimum wage. The job isn't hard, but sometimes seems quite tedious.
Pros
Great for someone not looking to work too many hours.
Cons
No benefits, little work hours, easy training
na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2018
Managing needs more updates on servicing the public restrooms and cleanliness of the business overall. Providing world-class service to customers is important to me.
Productive summary
Cashier/ freight (Current Employee) –  Kennett, MOAugust 20, 2018
No hours expect alot from workers and are very rude with customers. No vacation for workers. No sick time. Pay is low I've been there 4 years and only still make 8 dollars an hour
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rude with customers, little hours, can't run the store under poor management
Fun and friendly work environment
Warehouse/ Janitor Associate (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAAugust 20, 2018
A typical day at work includes unloading boxes off of trucks , stacking product on its appropriate aisle ,cashier ,and greeter
I learned how to unload and stock
Pros
Flexible Hours, Family like environment
Cons
Only Part time
Fair place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 19, 2018
Dollar Tree gave me the opportunity to get 5 years of management experience. My store manager at the time made it a great place to work. I was able to learn the skills that allowed me to be the best assistant manager for my employees.
It was ok
Dollar Tree Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 19, 2018
It would have been a very good job but there just didn't seem to be enough hours or enough pay to keep me there. The time I was there it just seemed I wasn't making any progress besides being moved from stocker to cashier.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
The pay and the hours
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXAugust 19, 2018
For me to be a stocker it was always fast paced. I was always working and customers was definitely easy to work with. The hardest part about the job was remembering where different things are supposed to be located.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Busy place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 19, 2018
The management wasn't good. The pay is minimum and you earn every oenny of it. If you are really pressed for a job or you have no work experience, I would say its okay to work there.
Pros
Generally on the spot hire
Cons
Hard work for low pay
Fast paced nice Customer's
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2018
It's kinda demanding have to stock and Cashier by yourself. Though I did enjoy myself working there just sometimes wish I had help at times when the line gets long
Pros
You can schedule day off more hours
Cons
No help when needed and hours are really low
ok place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 18, 2018
it was ok job to work at this is a place foe young people that need a job and are able to attend school hours are not the best and dealing with some customer that were hard to deal with
Horrible
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 18, 2018
I'm an ex employee and quite a few of my assistant managers were horrible to both the employees and the customers. I had so many complaints about one specific assistant manager. I brought it up to the "Big Manager" and he just brushed it off.

They don't care about your health or anything when you are sick!
Cons
It was very productive a nice place to work. To help customers find what they are looking for. Helping the customers locate items. So they won't fall
Assistance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ALAugust 18, 2018
Dollar Tree is a freat productive place to work. You learn things you never thought you knew. Its helpful, leaning how to strive for your goals. Its a start of you wanna learn how to do business. It's not hard work at all. Standing in the store and helping customers gives you very positive energy. And when you get that letter or e-mail. Your name mite be on one of the WOW comments that be sent on too dollar tree. Staying focus and good communication is the perfect success to a job or any job.
Pros
A hour lunch
Cons
30 min breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53K