Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Store Clerk
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CA 91748December 10, 2017
It was not a bad job. I liked how we would work in the afternoon and in door away from the weather. But I didn't like how my days off were split. I would have stayed but I wanted to purse Aircraft Mechanic School.
slow paced
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CADecember 10, 2017
it was a slow paced job. it was easy but not something i would recommend i was payed decently but it was part time and not Enough to live off of, but i was in school so it worked
Pros
easy work
Cons
not many hours
Quick-paced
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALDecember 10, 2017
Quick-paced environment. Flexible hours, but they are inconsistent and only part-time positions available unless you are management. Never know if you are going to get 22 or 12 hours a week on minimum wage.
Pros
Quick-paced. Day goes by fast
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Decent beginner job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunity to interact with different customers on a daily basis. I met all kinds of different people while working for Dollar Tree.
Worst job and management ever!!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 10, 2017
Worst job I ever had! I was a store manager. Even though they kept saying I was DM material (like they tell everyone to get them to stay) I won't work for a company that puts so little thought into its associates and customer base! Stores are gross and understaffed. Mice running around in most stores and expired food in all the stores and my DM didnt care! I was always called to save other stores problems but those managers got away with not caring about their stores! We were told, to be successful we needed to work at 4am to throw freight but couldn't leave until 5:30 pm. We were always called in on our days off! Which turned into 80 hr, or more, work weeks! Absolutely rediculous job!!!!
Pros
Quitting
Cons
To many to list. The whole thing is gross!!!!
Good starting Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKDecember 9, 2017
First job in Canada, culture was good but hours were very few. Salary was minimum. People you work with was awesome, I left because of better opportunities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
A nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSDecember 9, 2017
A nice place to work. You work at being a cashier and a stocker. Should be friendly and have a positive attitude. Must be dependable and accurate as a cashier.
Pros
short hours
Cons
Few working hours available
Job
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 9, 2017
When I started this job, the store wasn't open yet, we put the shelves hooks and everything else that was needed to ge the store up an running. I stocked the shelves when they needed it
somewhat outgoing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJDecember 9, 2017
easy job to learn and not hard, had to make sure you knew where the merchandise went and knew how to stock shelves. somewhat accomadating to your needs
Pros
discounts
Good for a first job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2017
Mangement is very nice and helpful. I love working at dollar tree the only problem is the low pay for the amount of work. Other than the low pay this job is a great starter job.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low pay
Dollar Tree is a respectable place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Berwick, PADecember 8, 2017
I liked working here. It was a clean environment and directions were clear and was made easy to work efficiently. Management was professional and very helpful.
Fun, fast paced friendly environment
Cashier, Bagger, Customer Service, Stocking (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHDecember 8, 2017
Days go fast, you are always busy helping customers, stocking shelves or cleaning store. Staff are friendly and fun to work with and managers are good and fun to work for.
Pros
short breaks
Cons
short breaks
Fun entertaining environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILDecember 8, 2017
Dollar tree is a great place to work Opportunities to grow and advance easy training very easily to complete task with well supported management reliable resources
Kind co workers and calm workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gibsons, BCDecember 8, 2017
Its a good job for part time workers, had really good managers and I enjoy my shifts. I enjoyed the small conversations with employees and felt I was in a calm and easy going environment.
Fast paced, never slow, always on the go.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 7, 2017
Dollar Tree Management is pretty fair with hours I'm pretty flexible with what you have going on in your personal life. What I enjoy the most working at Dollar Tree is the customers and the interaction with them. I love our regulars.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCDecember 7, 2017
I was always the only cashier , having too restock shelves and run the cash register. I didn’t feel like it was a team work effort I felt like it was only me
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 7, 2017
As a dollar tree employee we always clock in at the computer. where I then get a til to have a register to work at. the work place was always a positive environment. the most I enjoy was the customers
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benifits
I hated the dollar tree i worked in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NJDecember 7, 2017
My boss was awful, and is still awful. The pay was terrible, and the hours were awful, never got more then 15 hours a week, when i was promised at least 30 upon hire.
Managment sucked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNDecember 7, 2017
I would have liked this job more if the manager was nicer and didnt pick favorites. And we were hounded to stock as fast as we could. The back room was terribly unorganized. We could never find what was needed.
Productive place fast,easy,and good customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 7, 2017
I loved everything about dollar tree.i also shop there. They all about customer satisfaction.it was fun working here I loved the people and the vibes .I love everything a dollar and affordable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7