Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Found 12,871 reviews matching the search See all 12,873 reviews
Decent starter compay
Store Manager/ Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 15, 2018
At Dollar Tree I came with many years of experience. They allowed me to use my knowledge to train several managers making me a training manager. I was able to successfully lower shrink and therefore offer my knowledge and skills to benefit the company's profitability, I was able to complete full training in two stores to make them model stores. I feeI have exhausted my options to grow within the company and therefore I am looking for an opportunity in a company that allows growth potential.
It was pretty chill.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Haleyville, ALNovember 15, 2018
I never worked more than a 4-5 hour shift. And, when you're making 7.25/ hr., that's no money. They hardly scheduled me. I might've worked 3-4 days a week. I had one friend working with me, but I got along with everyone else alright too. My managers were all pretty laid back. The hardest part was getting stuff stocked while keeping an eye on the register. The most enjoyable part was going on lunch and buying a bag of chips and a drink for $2.
Pros
Everything's a dollar (or less)
Cons
The customers can be impatient and rude. Also, having to wait for a manager to come up to check a $20 bill.
Fun workplace
Cashier | Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 15, 2018
Depending on your co workers it can be a fun place to work at. Must have great customer service skills. Good at cashier. Be able to work in a fast pace environment
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherryville, NCNovember 15, 2018
It’s not the best place to work. It’s friendly at first then everything changes. I had my monthly and was told to just go home and that I couldn’t come back even when I said I’d change clothes and come back. Not until almost an hour later did she say that I could come back.
Pros
You can move up pretty quick
Cons
Not good management
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 15, 2018
Typical work day would be cashiering and customer support, The management team did know what they were doing, and culture was as normal has any other place. everyone got along great. There wasn't a hard part in the job, and the enjoyable was the customers the most
Pros
Pros, would be a great place to get things for cheap
Cons
Con's hours would get cut a lot
relaxed workplace, easy going coworkers and decent job
CASHIER DOLLAR TREE (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 15, 2018
a typical work day for me was as cashier I cashed out customers at the register and kept the registers and front area of the store clean and organized. I learned how to work the register, and how to close out tills with supervision of manager. the hardest part of the job is having a difficult or rude customer.
Great company to work for
Director (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 15, 2018
The only reason that I left this company was because at the level I was at having to travel a lot and not being home I missed my kids growing up and that is the only reason I left
Pros
Great promotion opportunity
Cons
Starting wages leave to be desired
Reason Why I Left
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 15, 2018
I left because I was not getting enough hours to help support my family. I have 2 children so working 1-2 days a week was definitely NOT enough. Plus every couple of months our district was getting a new DM, so that took a toll on everyone because things would always change.
relaxed, casual
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILNovember 15, 2018
i rate the job a 5 out of 10, due to rate of pay. i'm busy at the register. management is easy to get along with, i feel that i am friends with them while working. nothing is hard, not like moving furniture. the workplace is fun, the customers are friendly and the enjoy shopping there. i enjoy having conversations with customers i can identify with; like people who wear university of iowa or fishing paraphernalia. i have learned nothing. my only problem is rate of pay.
dollar tree
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08034November 15, 2018
at dollar tree I usually stock on my shifts while tending to customers and associates. management is kind of hard because you have to stretch yourself super thin to cover all the bases and perform your job duties efficiently, that would be the hardest part of the job.
Cons
pay doesnt match cost of living
It is unprofessional and unrealistic
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 14, 2018
Dollar Tree has unrealistic expectations on their employees and expect them to work miracles with no hours. They are strict on everything and pay the bare minimum. It is not worth the pay, the drama, or anyone's time. I have personally witnessed 2 district managers mistreat employees and talk down to them like they are less than everyone else. There is a lot of good, hard working employees at Dollar Tree and they get treated as useless trash. Never expect a thank you.
Pros
Hourly co-workers
Cons
Unprofessional, unrealistic, depressing, overwhelming, rude management, no hours
good place for part-time work as a teenager or student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MONovember 14, 2018
Dollar Tree in Farmington had good management and decent pay for someone who just needs a part-time job for extra money on the side. The job itself is super relaxed
A job
cashier (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, WANovember 14, 2018
Not to bad to work at but you hardly get any hours and when new people come in you get put on the back burner so all the new employees get all the hours.
Overall a Ho-hum work place for people with no career objectives.
Freezer Stocker (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 14, 2018
It seems that Dollar Tree has an unspoken of formula for their employees. I would call it a revolving door policy. They are concerned more with filling a space than aggressively scouting for exceptional people that would be a positive influence to the work place and the company. There was never a problem with co-workers,but,management was more or less inadequate.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Poor management choices
Wish I never left dollar tree.
Cashier& asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
I loved my job at dollar tree but at the moment we was having manager problems at that serious moment. I would like to get back in that environment again.
More of meeting with staff and managerment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 14, 2018
I enjoy working with people. Im a people person. A typical day at work is locationg merchandise. I have learn all peoples are not the same. Management is supportive. Dollar tree is a great enviorment. The hardest part of my job is gettting a customer thats never satisfied. Most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing the customer leave with a smile.
Pros
Completing my job tasks
Cons
Not completing my job taks
its okay
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre Township, PANovember 14, 2018
the job was great but paid very small as well cut hours;
the crew was great and the boss was nice, the only issue was the hours and paid time was limited
Nice atmosphere
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PANovember 14, 2018
Great team to work with. Its welcoming and inviting. They hired great people that are friendly and hard working. The hardest thing for me was the hours that I was provided because I had to take public transportation and there was no way to get to work as requested due to no transportation running at those hours.
Pros
The extra income was helpful
Cons
The hours
You gotta hustle for hours
Dollar General stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 14, 2018
The scheduling for hours at this s. Broadway location is unfair. To get any hours at dollar tree is 4hrs some times 8 or 12 hours a week . You would have to keep asking for hours, or go to another store for more hours. The store needs help bad. Due to the backroom over packed from shipment.
Pros
Only 4 1/2 hours shift a day, more days off than working
Cons
Unprofessional
Not that great
Stock and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
The job itself was great. The management wasnt great though. They woulf cut hours for no reason amd they under paid so much its not even worth work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K