Devon Energy Employee Reviews for Lease Operator

Stable job with a great company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, okNovember 1, 2018
As a production operator at Devon you maintain production of oil and natural gas wells and attend many safety meetings which can be boring sometimes and very informative other times.
Pros
Too many to list, if you can think it they probably have it
Cons
Very little oversight on lower management, hire on promises may not be kept.
Utter Kaos
Lease Operator III (Former Employee) –  Wetaherford, OkOctober 20, 2018
Devon May be a leader in their pier group corporately, however their field locations are 5 to 10 years behind competitors in safety, processes, and design of facilities. No one at the field location I worked in was interested in any type of improvement unless it came from corporate level. In the last couple years I worked there no one could suggest, help, or get any type help without it being turned into a negative. , Have been with 3 majors in my 25 years and this was the best paying but the most miserable culture I have ever been a part of. Safety has suffered in the current restructuring, they have had 2 big preventable environmental spills, 3 major injuries and a fire at a facility. Safety is yours to manage because they wont. We talk about it a lot but nobody is responsible for anything.
Pros
Salary
Cons
To many to list
Good Company
Lease Operator/Amine Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Zapata, TXApril 30, 2018
Good Company to work for. I had a lot of hands on training. The personnel and management was great to work with. A lot of work, but enjoyed the challenges . The friendships that were made.
Pros
A good company to work for.
Great place to work.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 24, 2018
Wonderful benefits, good atmosphere, and great management. I learned so much working at Devon Energy and had no intentions of working for another company but we were sold to FDL energy.
Decent company to work for
Lease Operator / Floater (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2018
Paid very well, along with great benefits package. Safety is priority at Devon which was great! Worked a ton of hours, work life balance poor at times in the winter
Great work enviroment, both equipment and staff
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work, learned a lot about horizontal and vertical wells. Along with battery management, well production. The most enjoyable part of Devon was the comradery with my co-workers, and the best way to describe our environment would be competitive fun.
High pace oil field company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 23, 2017
Devon energy was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. Outside circumstances were the cause of my departure. Would like to work for them again
team building was fun
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Navajo Dam, NMOctober 24, 2017
i loved working at Devon Energy it is a good place to work good healthcare and vacation time off two weeks and the work hours were good i would tell a friend to go work for Devon Energy
Lease Operator Level (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of checking 50+ gas wells. I maintained production while working safely. I learned to be a team member and manage time efficelently. the most enjoyable part of my job was working outside and getting my work done!! Management was great and I got along well with others.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits
Cons
I got laid off due to oil prices
Used to be top 100 places to work for
Lease Operator I (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Loved working for this company. The pay was great, the benefits were great and you were allowed a lot of freedom. The gas price drop in 09 changed the culture a lot and it stays the same today. You now worry about your job every day, and they just laid off 100 people last year at this time.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
very stressful culture on job security
great place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for Devon Energy. It was a safe place to be employed. I would encourage anyone to accept a position at this company.
great place to work very long hrs
LEASE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  farmington nmMay 19, 2016
great place to work, but never at home.co- workers we great people.I worked with and trained new employees when needed. They have a good safety program.Devon was bought out by BP and I was not offered a job at BP
Pros
good pay
Cons
to many hrs per week. i avraged 85 hrs a week
Devon cares about thrie employees.
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXMarch 30, 2016
Devon is a good company with great benefits. We were able to do our jobs in a safe manner. If we needed help we were able to receive help.
Pros
Retirement, insurance
Ok
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXMarch 26, 2016
Ok place to work but you must be among the "click" to have a safe job, outside the click there will be a reason to let you go and hire a buddy. (GOOD OL BOY NETWORK)
great company to work for
LEASE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMarch 21, 2016
best oil company to work for great benefits and welcome all as part of family cultures. great place to call home and retire from
Pros
great benefits
Cons
didnt find none
Great Company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXOctober 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Great group of people to work with.
I wish I would have never left.
Primary Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXJune 24, 2013
Leaving Devon to go to work for Well Master is very close to the top of the list of things I wish I had never done.