Devon Energy Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Devon
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2017
Devon Energy taught me so much in every aspect of my life. I will forever be grateful for the time I spent with that great company. The culture of the company was so warming. I looked at my team as my own family.
A company that was interested in taking care of their employees and the community they worked in.
Field Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXApril 10, 2017
This company provided excellent benefits, concern for the environment and raised money for the local United Way by holding events like lunches, clay shooting and auctions matching what was raised locally. They also held family oriented events throughout the year.

I had the opportunity to advance in work responsibilities throughout my time with the company. They offered on-site and computer based courses and encouraged their employees to participate in advancing their education.

Individuals and vendors were held responsible for safety in everything they did in their work environments. The company held training events on-site and took that training out to the vendors locations. There were strict policies in place that were to be followed in everything that was done on a daily basis. They also had a rating system in place for their vendors, which encouraged safety and alerted companies that needed to improve their standards if they wanted to continue to be considered for work with the company.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Educational Opportunities and Safety
Cons
Lack of local advancement
Devon Energy
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN/ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 19, 2017
This was the best Oil Company I worked for. Loved everyone I worked with.

I worked with the Production superintendents and Manager at a high level.

It was hard for me to leave this position, but our Residential Home building was really going full force and my company needed me to be full time. We were building a lot of custom homes.
Pros
Loved my fellow employess
Cons
Not enough flexibility to work RAH Home full time
Great group of coworkers; like a big family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXOctober 2, 2016
My day might consist of records management, SAFE Program training, issuing or replacing fleet vehicles for field employees, Alert Response team training or fire drill. No micromanaging; flourished in this environment. Employees helped each other. Good compensation.
Worked Independtly most of the time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Field office, Co-workers were great either on the phone or when they came in to the office. Fielded high volume of calls, resulting in me contacting field workers to have them contact specific clients or Devon's home office. Performed a medium volume of data entry.
Pros
Casual attire
Contract Worker for Devon
Admin Assist / Document Control (Current Employee) –  Calumet, OKJuly 31, 2014
Work with good people who appreciate hard work and dedication. Also work under some members of management who even though they are not involved in the day to day duties, don't listen to those who perform those duties. My immediate supervisors were very appreciative and worked well as a team to accomplish projects.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Management disconnected, caused by attending too many meetings with other management instead of talking to employees.