Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Productive, great managment
Accounts Payable Coder (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 7, 2017
The process of improvement was encouraged, manager gave you all materials to make your job easier. The culture was friendly. lots of training and classed are required and offered. The benefits and pay were ACE!
Pros
Every other Friday is a day off.
Devon
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2017
Devon Energy taught me so much in every aspect of my life. I will forever be grateful for the time I spent with that great company. The culture of the company was so warming. I looked at my team as my own family.
Great company!
Production Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 10, 2017
Amazing company with amazing pay/benefits. People that worked there were great, and the work was interesting. Unfortunately, the oil bust forced the company to cut back a lot, including headcount reductions. But boom and bust is the nature of the oil industry.
Productive and great workplace with Team Lunches
Record Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2017
I learned a lot about the Oil & Gas industry through networking and classes available to move forward in the company The CEO would also allow you to provide idea to make the company better.
Pros
Oil & Gas class, catered lunche and the classes.
Cons
Micromanaging from Sandra Holmes
great Company
Pipe Desk Coordinator / Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2017
devon was a great company with solid plans in place. They were fair in all aspects, great people to work with. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Great company
Production Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMApril 17, 2017
Loved working at Devon, but tried to grow to fast and had to lay a lot of people off. management was good and work environment was even better. great benefits
benefits
Cons
tried to be major
A company that was interested in taking care of their employees and the community they worked in.
Field Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXApril 10, 2017
This company provided excellent benefits, concern for the environment and raised money for the local United Way by holding events like lunches, clay shooting and auctions matching what was raised locally. They also held family oriented events throughout the year.

I had the opportunity to advance in work responsibilities throughout my time with the company. They offered on-site and computer based courses and encouraged their employees to participate in advancing their education.

Individuals and vendors were held responsible for safety in everything they did in their work environments. The company held training events on-site and took that training out to the vendors locations. There were strict policies in place that were to be followed in everything that was done on a daily basis. They also had a rating system in place for their vendors, which encouraged safety and alerted companies that needed to improve their standards if they wanted to continue to be considered for work with the company.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Educational Opportunities and Safety
Cons
Lack of local advancement
excellent benefits
Energy Market Professional (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2017
A great place to work. Not sure if all management is highly trained to be promoted as managers. Constantly changing environment. The right opportunities are available for those who catch the eye of the right manager. Corporate culture is positive.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Not all mgmt on the same page and lack of experience for some mgmt
Great company with attractive benefits
Crude Oil Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2017
Devon is a very solid company, from a financial perspective, that takes prudent and smart risks. Great benefits and typically a very good work/life balance.
Really enjoyed the work I did with Devon
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Kontaneelee, Yukon TerritoryApril 5, 2017
I got my best work experience while with Devon. they supported me in working up my levels over the years in every work environment they had up to running my own plants and overseeing everything. the staff right to the home office in Oklahoma seemed available anytime for whatever reasons.
Completions
Completion Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 4, 2017
A typical day would be looking over wellview reports on the activities the day before, editing going forward. I learned a loot about thinking on my feet, and new things that were helpful in future problems. Management was good to work for, and helped with al aspects of new training. Sometimes the job would be overwhelming in the aspect of consultants not able to carry out all work designs. People and compensation made the job very fun and exciting
Pros
Good bosses
Cons
Bad bosses
Great place to work when the rig count is high
Field safety rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, Texas, New MexicoMarch 13, 2017
I had a great work environment, management would do anything for the team they had in the field. The work to life balance was great with 2 week on and 2 week off you could live anywhere while still working on site at the rigs.
Pros
Great pay for the time spent at the rigs.
Cons
long hours and unpredictable market of the price of oil
Talk is cheap "Action speaks louder than words" Integrety and Commitment are words, where's the action?
Drilling Engineer Manager I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 11, 2017
Could have been a great company, but turned out just like most oil industry companies, no company loyalty to employees, were workers ideas are exploited by lower management, then good employees are terminated/laid off.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
No Integrity, commitment & loyalty to employees
A great place to work.
Manager, Evaluation and Planning (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2017
A great place to work with wonderful facilities. Rewarded generously for a job well done. Tools provided to improve your marketability and value to the company.
Lease Operator Level (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of checking 50+ gas wells. I maintained production while working safely. I learned to be a team member and manage time efficelently. the most enjoyable part of my job was working outside and getting my work done!! Management was great and I got along well with others.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits
Cons
I got laid off due to oil prices
Good Benefits
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Cresson, TXFebruary 19, 2017
It's life in the oilfield, there is a roller coaster ride of emotions and and job stability. New field structure removes any chance of furthering knowledge or advancement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
unstable market
Very good company to work for.
Contract Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 14, 2017
I was only a Contract Accountant but from my experience it was a great company to work for. Very good benefits. Great facility and a lot of community involvement.
Used to be top 100 places to work for
Lease Operator I (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Loved working for this company. The pay was great, the benefits were great and you were allowed a lot of freedom. The gas price drop in 09 changed the culture a lot and it stays the same today. You now worry about your job every day, and they just laid off 100 people last year at this time.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
very stressful culture on job security
Great place to work. One big family.
Construction Foreman (Former Employee) –  I worked in Bridgeport Tex.January 27, 2017
I loved working there. The benefits are great. There are a lot of meetings but they for the most part were fun. The people are one big family. We was always doing things for the community. I would highly recommend it as a great work place.
Pros
Great pay, off all holidays. If you need something there is always some one there for you.
Cons
When the oil and gas prices struggle so do they.
GIS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2017
Devon is a fantastic place to work. Work life balance is great, compensation is remarkable, and the company likes getting ideas from it's employees. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Compensation, Team Work
Cons
Stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2