Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Was laid off after 15 years
Lead accountant revenue (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2017
I loved my job. Sadly it ended too soon . I would go back if they would consider rehiring me . I started as a senior staff and promoted before the end of the day to Lead Accountsnt and stayed there in that position until the layoff .
Pros
Good environment, good pay, good benefits
Cons
HR failed to do anything about complaints about upper mgmt
Productive, Respectful, and Fun Work Environment
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2017
One thing that keeps Devon above many producer companies is gender equality. This even extends to working in their fields up North. In general, understanding of individuals and their varied needs is well taken into account in this company.
Fun Competitive
DevOps Automation Configuration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2017
It was pleasure working in this environment.I loved it,Competetiveand well balanced,Overall it was my most enjoyable part of my life.Soon im missing my manager adam who is strength of mine ans carries a smile in each and every momene
Great place to work but some need tighter leash in the field
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYSeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work but newly created department heads and its employees need to be accountable to the bottom line. Unfortunately corporate feels these newly created departments streamline the organization but does not realize how unproductive they are. Their department managers and assistant managers need to be held accountable for expenses associated with projects in the respective field they support including contractor expenses they farm work out they should be doing themselves.
Pros
Good work environment and great people, although stressful loved my job
Cons
Work life balance for production foreman in field operations could be improved
Overall a good place to work
Production Operator III - SBU Eagleford (Current Employee) –  Cuero, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Overall good place to work. I feel that Devon overall is a good place to work. They support a well balanced work life balance and promote family and personal time.
Good Company
DSC - Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Great company just divested in my area. Pay and benefits are the best in the industry. I had to relocate so I just made sense for me to start looking for jobs elsewhere.
Supervisor Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Private offices for professionals, tuition reimbursement, good salary, opportunities for travel and interface with all levels of employees, great benefits, etc
Pros
reduced costs for soft drinks and snacks
Cons
no longer located in Houston
A good place to start a career
Geologist II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Devon's Houston office was an enjoyable work environment and was a good place to begin a career. I believe I was well trained and my career was a priority at Devon.
Devon was great...
BI&T Client Svcs-Desktop Field Contractor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I was under a contract when working for Devon. They had new software they wanted to roll-out. I installed cable and video equipment in the conference room for the safety videos for their team to review.

I also assisted their in house IT Supervisor on smaller tasks.

Just prior to the roll-out, it was cancelled.
Great company, too bad the lay off
EHS Professional II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 26, 2017
Devon was a good company, and even though my first line manager was substandard, by and large the organization was well-meaning and worked hard. The atmosphere was low stress, yet still encouraged people to think outside the box.

The company is probably going to struggle for a while with financials. Their previous bad investments in oil and gas properties, combined with depressed commodity prices are going to haunt Devon.
Pros
Great facilities, good culture
Cons
Financially struggling.
Great Place to work!
Completion and Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 25, 2017
Great Place to work! Relaxed environment and great leadership. Only left because Spring office shut down and I was laid off. Great culture, and great team environment.
Overall a really good company to work for.
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 11, 2017
Very pleased with Devon Energy overall, super great people, love the work life balance and environment as well as a beautiful facility. My only complaint was the long drive downtown and once arriving to work it was too much effort to try and run errands at lunch due to the length of time it takes to get to your vehicle etc...Wish lunch hour was 1.5hrs.
Pros
Workout facility, dining, beautiful facility
Cons
Long drive, isolated once arriving to work
One of the best companies I have worked for.
Sr. Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
I really enjoyed my time there. We had plenty of training. Great work environment. We felt appreciated and could see the impact of our work on the organization. One of the best companies I have worked for.
Pros
9/80 work schedulle
Cons
no office in Houston
Really good
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 2, 2017
was super good to work for, they bought me on with no operating experience and was willing to train me. it was all good until CNRL bought out Devon and I was let go.
Pros
Great area
Cons
CNRL bought them out
Great Place to Work
Identity Management Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed many years at Devon Energy. I would go back to work for them given the right opportunity. As with most corporate environments it could be extremely fast-paced, but the compensation was great.
Great working eniviroment
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. I love the balance and what the company offers for their employees. They understands how value you are withe the company home life.
Devon is a really good place to work.
Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2017
Devon is a very good place to work. The work for a geophysicist is challenging - in a good way! Lots of interesting projects. The company has great benefits and really seems to care about its employees.
Pros
Devon does many great things for their employees.
Cons
Cumbersone bureacracy.
Company that really cares for its employees
Production Technologist (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 18, 2017
Company that recognizes that employees are their greatest asset. Daily stated "to go home as happy and healthy as you arrived, with a little dirt and sweat".
Excellent, professional employer
Supervisor, Geophysics (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2017
All good, until it was time cut staff.

The job was a challenging every day. The company was aggressive and strove to achieve the highest technical and engineering standards.

Focus 100% on unconventional - is that good or not so much???
Great benifits and flex work week
Engineering Production Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2017
Great benefits and flex work week. People are really great to work with but shift in upper management has changed the structure of Devon where management decides business implementation without a lot of input from the end users or people it directly affects. Major issues of data management and coordination and communication through business units.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2