Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
FIELD PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABFebruary 22, 2018
Can't say anything bad about the company or it's culture was a pleasure to work for them. Commodities buisiness and that has it's ups and downs, but thats a risk with almost any job.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Commodity business and the risks that come with it
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Devon. The people care about your growth and advancement technically and professionally. If i were to approach a manager for advice or resources, she or he will always point me to the right direction.
Good work life conditions
Applications Services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2018
Good place to work, excellent benefits. Every other Friday off. flexible schedules. Good career advancement opportunities. Covered parking area in Devon garage.
Benefits
Cons
Na
Excellent wok environment!
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Devon Energy has an exceptional work environment, starting from my first day there I felt at home. However due to the drop in oil prices layoffs were imminent.
good benefits and compensation
Maintenance Operator/field supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cuero, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Devon has good compensation considering the type of work done with the oil industry. the hardest part of the job is security and chance for advancement.
Family Friendly, Employee Friendly, company with integrity
Administrative Assistant to Marketing Division VP (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 11, 2018
Was proud to say I worked at Devon Energy. The oil & gas industry is cyclical and the layoff in early 2016 was unfortunate. But industries experience highs and lows and it's expected and anticipated.
Pros
free gym membership, health conscious, ergonomically minded
Cons
commute
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2018
Company has a nice restaurant and coffee shop in the main lobby. Facilities are beautiful, clean and well maintained. Free parking downtown. Nice park across the street.
Good Place
Sr Reservoir Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2018
Devon is great when the industry is doing well. Best part of this company is the people it hires. The friends made are invaluable and irreplaceable.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Great work enviroment, both equipment and staff
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work, learned a lot about horizontal and vertical wells. Along with battery management, well production. The most enjoyable part of Devon was the comradery with my co-workers, and the best way to describe our environment would be competitive fun.
Completed forms for new lands and production amount
Contract Production Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Allocated Oil and Gas for Offshore Leases. Reported to Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Montana of the company production of water, oil, gas.
Pros
Good healthcare, and 401.
Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2018
bureaucratic at times. This irritating that I have to review a company that I did a contract for only 4 months. do not take this as an accurate reflection on devon
Excellent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJanuary 30, 2018
Devon was a great place to work. When the layoff occurred things changed and was done incorrectly according to the majority. Overall great place. Just not very open management.
Very thorough, expand your mind
EHS Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2018
With this job you are always learning! Dealing with new health and safety issues daily. You are working with all kinds of people and situations. enjoyed going to work every day.
Services Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 11, 2018
I worked in the off-site records firm and we handled relocations to different sites and early exits from the company. We would take accounts and belongings from employees at Houston site and transition them to the OKC downtown site, or we would perform exit services, closing out their tenure with Devon. It was a lot of responsibility to be entrusted to a temporary worker and I thank them for giving me a great experience , even if it was just for a short time. The culture was great, it was laid back but focused with very flexible hours. I could arrive and begin working at 7 a.m. take a 30 minute lunch and leave by 330 if I chose. It was great. The only con was it was sometimes boring but that is any job. I recommend Devon 100%
Pros
great hours, very flexible
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Job Security - no
Administrative Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I loved the work I did in Administration. Before that I was in Accounts Payable where only 3 people handled the invoices. Very stressful. Overload.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
good healthcare
Great place
Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 5, 2018
Good place to work, I only left for an opportunity to move into upper management and do a ERP implementation. I enjoyed all of my time a Devon as well as the management team.
It is an adventure determined by you
Data Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 2, 2018
Devon is an amazing place to work. Devon allows you to be an innovative thinker where failure is a learning opportunity. The gym is amazing too. Training and individual growth plan to open to your skill set.
Pros
Atmosphere
High pace oil field company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 23, 2017
Devon energy was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. Outside circumstances were the cause of my departure. Would like to work for them again
IT Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2017
I like the people I worked with and the work environment as well. The manager was very cooperative and helpful with my work experience. I would love to would there as a full time employee
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calvin, OKNovember 25, 2017
Great place to work. Learned SAP for processing invoices and more about the gas side of the oil and gas industry. Very supportive of surrounding communities.
Pros
Cons
When Devon sold Oklahoma assets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2