Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Great company, great everything.
Drilling Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calumet, OKNovember 15, 2016
Wonderful place to work.
Pointed tasks.
Ample opportunity to develop.
Optional classes.
A typical day consisted of arriving at 6-7am, tons of meetings. Leave around 5.
Good work life balance
Talent Management Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2016
Great work life balance having alot of PTO and every other Friday off. Just was hard to advance and also was not secure with layoffs. You get cheaper lunches and free gym if you go there 5 times a month.
Pros
Free Gym and every other Friday off
Cons
Hard to advance
Great place to work!
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2016
Had a great boss who mentored me in multiple areas including financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting and taught me to think outside the box. The company was very involved in bettering the community and making downtown OKC a great place to work. Co-workers were great and I couldn't have asked for a better company to work for.
Pros
Discounted lunches/onsite gym
Cons
Healthcare benefits had decreased over the years but I think they have went down across the board, not just at Devon.
safe working company
Driling Comsltant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2016
Devon is a great company with excellent management they give you all the resources to do your job to the best you can do a very safety orinated company with a great name for their self
Pros
the poeple
Cons
Great group of coworkers; like a big family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXOctober 2, 2016
My day might consist of records management, SAFE Program training, issuing or replacing fleet vehicles for field employees, Alert Response team training or fire drill. No micromanaging; flourished in this environment. Employees helped each other. Good compensation.
Had great management, changed recently
SCADA Technician (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMSeptember 20, 2016
hard to get schools for new devices, expected to figure issues out without input from management.
Co-workers were fine.
Best part was no one was pushing you daily.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
change of management
Great place - would highly recommend
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2016
I worked for Devon for two short years, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The pluses range from excellent benefits and pay, to great co-workers, and exquisite atmosphere. I really enjoyed working there, and if ever I needed to go back, I wouldn't hesitate.
Pros
Best place to work in Oklahoma
Cons
some of the management types play favorites, but that happens everywhere.
Productive and Focused Company
IT Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2016
Devon is a top 100 best companies to work for. I enjoyed my time there and would do it again. Great work environment and benefits.
An incredible company with much to offer
Sr. Geosciences Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2016
Devon Energy is a competitive organization. They have a proven track record of treating their employees with respect while also building a great business for the future.
Overall good place to work
Energy Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2016
Great oil and gas company providing good benefits, work atmosphere, and good perks (gym, restaurants, free coffee and tea). I was very happy while working for them for over 10 years.
Pros
Good benefits and perks
Cons
Can't think of anything except the reorganization
selfish, not cooprative and fun work place
operator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABSeptember 1, 2016
It used to be a fun, happy and productive place to work, but after some people left, especially some team leaders left , the culture went to down the average ! There was competing or finger pointing or complaining , but not cooperation and teamwork! Some team worker was so selfish, cold hearted, no caring at all and lots of back stabbing, or trying to give bad or difficult time behind! No common rule for each one, so no fairness there, like covering the corresponding course tuition : some people got covered , so they could move faster by taking part in courses in school! A lot of politics , same mistake , but not same treatment for different people ! the culture not for getting work or company business better , but worse! So glad left!
Pros
pay
Cons
selfish, politics and unfairness, no repect for seniors or hardwork
Great company when industry is stable
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2016
Devon is a great company when the oil and gas industry is stable. Enjoyed working in numerous positions on a variety of projects. Favorable culture and environment.
Pros
Benefits, culture, environment
Cons
Cyclical Industry
Drilling Engineer
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2016
Good place to work.
lots to learn
Great management
good pay
Best co workers
Tough work environment, but its to be expected in an oil company
very professional environment
computer scanning/ document processing (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2016
I love the professional environment. It was very caring for the employment staff and was overall some of the best coworkers and management I have come by.
Fun workplace with great people and a solid company culture.
Landman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2016
A typical day involved answering lots of emails from teammates, clients, etc, as well as looking over documents, planning, and attending team meetings.
very good
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ONAugust 12, 2016
very big company and very organized and it was a very good experience to work with young expeienced professionals

good work environment and very nice people
Wonderful Company That Cares About Employees
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 11, 2016
Throughout my entire time at Devon, I felt valued, considered, and accepted. The company's goals and pursuit of excellence were visible from the top to bottom, and even until the end of the Houston office they provided opportunities for us and were helpful in our pursuit of becoming better professionals.
Great Company, albeit dated.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2016
Although some of the leadership practices were stuck in the 20th century, Devon was a great place to work. Devon greatest attribute is their people. The level of respect and help from co-workers was amazing!
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, business space.
Cons
Lack of innovative leadership.
Great environment when commodity prices are stable.
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2016
Great company that takes care of their employees. The benefits and salaries are very competitive. Advancement opportunities if you work hard and take on additional responsibilities.
Pros
Compensation Package
great place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for Devon Energy. It was a safe place to be employed. I would encourage anyone to accept a position at this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2