Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Completed forms for new lands and production amount
Contract Production Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Allocated Oil and Gas for Offshore Leases. Reported to Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Montana of the company production of water, oil, gas.
Pros
Good healthcare, and 401.
Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2018
bureaucratic at times. This irritating that I have to review a company that I did a contract for only 4 months. do not take this as an accurate reflection on devon
Excellent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJanuary 30, 2018
Devon was a great place to work. When the layoff occurred things changed and was done incorrectly according to the majority. Overall great place. Just not very open management.
Very thorough, expand your mind
EHS Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2018
With this job you are always learning! Dealing with new health and safety issues daily. You are working with all kinds of people and situations. enjoyed going to work every day.
Services Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 11, 2018
I worked in the off-site records firm and we handled relocations to different sites and early exits from the company. We would take accounts and belongings from employees at Houston site and transition them to the OKC downtown site, or we would perform exit services, closing out their tenure with Devon. It was a lot of responsibility to be entrusted to a temporary worker and I thank them for giving me a great experience , even if it was just for a short time. The culture was great, it was laid back but focused with very flexible hours. I could arrive and begin working at 7 a.m. take a 30 minute lunch and leave by 330 if I chose. It was great. The only con was it was sometimes boring but that is any job. I recommend Devon 100%
Pros
great hours, very flexible
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Job Security - no
Administrative Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I loved the work I did in Administration. Before that I was in Accounts Payable where only 3 people handled the invoices. Very stressful. Overload.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
good healthcare
Great place
Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 5, 2018
Good place to work, I only left for an opportunity to move into upper management and do a ERP implementation. I enjoyed all of my time a Devon as well as the management team.
It is an adventure determined by you
Data Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 2, 2018
Devon is an amazing place to work. Devon allows you to be an innovative thinker where failure is a learning opportunity. The gym is amazing too. Training and individual growth plan to open to your skill set.
Pros
Atmosphere
High pace oil field company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 23, 2017
Devon energy was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. Outside circumstances were the cause of my departure. Would like to work for them again
IT Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2017
I like the people I worked with and the work environment as well. The manager was very cooperative and helpful with my work experience. I would love to would there as a full time employee
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calvin, OKNovember 25, 2017
Great place to work. Learned SAP for processing invoices and more about the gas side of the oil and gas industry. Very supportive of surrounding communities.
Pros
Cons
When Devon sold Oklahoma assets
Fun place to work
Land Analyst Professional (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 14, 2017
Everyone was treated fairly. Management was involved with employees growth. Company had many community involvements such as tutoring, United Way, etc.
Pros
gym, healthcare, parking and bonus
Cons
n/a
Interesting place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 11, 2017
A lot of back stabbing; low collaboration; low communication; great technology; great oil plays and a lot of capital; nice facility; ruthless HR department with low credibility
Pros
oil
Cons
sleazy
Best place ever!
IT Technician/ Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
I was an intern at Devon and if I could literally go back and do things differently, I would have worked harder to stay with the company somehow. I learned so many things from great people and it was the most wonderful job I would have ever wanted!
Pros
staff, work, a lot of work to be done.
Behind the technology curve
Senior Geological Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2017
Devon was five years behind in technology from my previous employer. They had dated procedures and software. My productivity suffered by nearly 30% due to this.

The manager constantly berated staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Has a Great reputation in the Community but,
Materials Management and Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXOctober 26, 2017
This company says lots of good things about how ethical they are, but in reality, contracts are awarded to the one that offers the most kickbacks. As the oilfield slowed down, people were laid off and the ones left were expected to do as much work. When I was hired in my department, I was the 13th person to report to my manager. When I left, I was the only person reporting to him. We were working 6 a.m. to 7 or 8 p.m. 6 days a week. The pay and benefits were outstanding, but not a place to work if you want to have any type of personal life.
Pros
Pay; benefits
Cons
long hours; on-call 24-7 even when on vacation
team building was fun
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Navajo Dam, NMOctober 24, 2017
i loved working at Devon Energy it is a good place to work good healthcare and vacation time off two weeks and the work hours were good i would tell a friend to go work for Devon Energy
Fun workplace
Office Services Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
Devon Energy was a good company to work for until they closed the Houston Office. I enjoyed working there. The people were wonderful. The gym that was installed for the employees had the best workout equipment.
Fun company with great people
Senior Landman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Devon. Management was pretty much hands off and let you do your job. Great team work and environment. Great compensation and benefits.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Lack of company direction
Was laid off after 15 years
Lead accountant revenue (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2017
I loved my job. Sadly it ended too soon . I would go back if they would consider rehiring me . I started as a senior staff and promoted before the end of the day to Lead Accountsnt and stayed there in that position until the layoff .
Pros
Good environment, good pay, good benefits
Cons
HR failed to do anything about complaints about upper mgmt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2