Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
Great culture and work life balance. Gym is nice to have on site. Covered parking. Easy access to lots of downtown events. Lots of learning opportunities.
Great Company
Data Management Professional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2018
Great company going through needed growing pains. Increased focus on benefits that will aid in employee retention and recruitment. Overall a great place to work.
excellent company culture
Production Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2018
Good work environment, collective and open minded culture. Good compensation, work life balance, etc.
Management trusts people to do their job, with very little micromanagement going on.
Pros
culture
Cons
energy sector uncertainty
I worked for home with a computer FOB
Data Editor / Well Log Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2018
I liked the job but the oil industry crashed in 2016. I only met my direct supervisor. I crunched numbers from home. I worked on my own time sometimes until four in the morning, sometimes half a day. I was just required to get the projects given done, by X-day. I have worked on call 24/7 since 1980. I am not a good sleeper because of that life.
MGM
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Being laid off, but it was the industry at the time.
Just a #
Assist field personnel (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2018
When I first started working for Devon It was a great place to work. Then layoffs happened and it went all down hill. Work Work Work. Also the people are so judgmental.
Land Tech
Land Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXJune 28, 2018
Interaction with landmen and outside landmen, approved land leases, spoke with royalty customers, etc. Interacted with both inside and outside contractors.
Good Place to work
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 27, 2018
Good teams to work, Great learning, Fun at work, not much pressure, people are helping nature.

Nice office, good learning in teams and good growth

overall very positive.
Cons
No WFH
Fun workplace
Completion Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Devon. Not only were the people good to work with but the culture was one to keep you around. I always felt my work was appreciated.
It used to be a good place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
This was a great place when I started in 2014. Since then the culture has changed drastically and well stinks. Managers pit employees against each other. Collaboration doesn’t happen. No one can make a decision. Everything has to go through a bazillion layers of management to get done. Managers play favorites in a serious way. The last round of layoffs was the nail in the coffin. Basically cleared out all the experience and kept the youngins with lower salaries. I am 29 yrs old. There’s hardly anyone left older that I can learn from. That’s a huge problem.
Pros
9/80 schedule, vacation time
Cons
Management, culture
Great company with many friendly faces
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2018
I learned a lot about IT installment in a pretty fast paced setting. The management I had took time to teach me what I needed to do and I got it all done in accordance. Paid for our food and gave us small breaks.
Fun place to work, caring about people and community
Supervisor, Data & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2018
Great sense of community, has been a pillar of the community. Adapting to new technologies and great work facilities.

The company encourages a lot of volunteer opportunities and donates to great causes like United Way, Habitat for Humanity, etc
WAS a great company; Hopefully it will be again
Mid level Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2018
WAS a great company; Hopefully it will be again.
Problems are at the very top. The company has lost many good employees since 2008 and attracted some good people as well. They just don't do the right things to retain the best. Culture has gone sour.
Great place to work.
A/P Accountant; JV Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2018
My coworkers and my supervisors were great to work with. I enjoyed my time there immensely. Devon clearly communicates their values and lives by them in every way. Benefits were hands down the best I have ever found.
Poorly run company
N/A (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 30, 2018
-No value of there people, your just a number
-Upper management is young, very little real experience.
-New grads "innovative" style is highly regarded and usually results in programs that fail and cost the company time and money.
-Very Top heavy
-Forced surveys
Pros
None, Less than average company
Cons
Too many to list
Great Benefits, fast paced
Geological Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2018
Management has changed but benefits are still among the best in the industry. Paid time off is excellent and so is the health benefits. Management is selling off too many properties.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Professional atmophere
Lead engineering data specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMay 21, 2018
Professional and structured. One of the top 100 companies to work.
The freedom to allow me to travel and mentor to field sites was amazing. I had the freedom to move Devon into the Automation technology it needed
Pros
Wellness center
Cons
Excellent place to work, except when there are layoffs.
Constr/Facilities Tech. - Level 6 (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2018
Work directly with the engineer to layout the work schedule for the week. Then I was free to wok at my own pace and ask any questions as needed. Devon provided with many training opportunities to increase efficiencies and knowledge gained. The people were all great to work with and were always welcoming. The most difficult part for me was obtaining enough information about the facilities in order to do my job successful. I mostly enjoyed getting to know all the various types of people, making new friends and working together to finish a project on time!
Pros
Flex time, Bonuses & Lunch discount
Cons
Layoffs
Good company
Sr. Land Technician - South Louisiana (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
I worked here shortly because my best friend asked me to work with her and El Paso Energy. It was a difficult decision as I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Should be a great place to work, but currently chaotic
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2018
Devon is currently trying to figure out who they are. Several rounds of layoffs and constant pruning of staff otherwise has sapped morale. Great if you work Delaware or STACK, frustrating to be in other units.
Pros
Nice offices, good perks, excellent staff to work with
Cons
Chaos and job uncertainty
nice people
Senior Staff Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 13, 2018
Great building, good benefits (except insurance), good mix of smart folks, lots of community involvement. Continuing education opportunities are there, and the company supports industry events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2