Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Overall a really good company to work for.
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 11, 2017
Very pleased with Devon Energy overall, super great people, love the work life balance and environment as well as a beautiful facility. My only complaint was the long drive downtown and once arriving to work it was too much effort to try and run errands at lunch due to the length of time it takes to get to your vehicle etc...Wish lunch hour was 1.5hrs.
Pros
Workout facility, dining, beautiful facility
Cons
Long drive, isolated once arriving to work
One of the best companies I have worked for.
Sr. Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
I really enjoyed my time there. We had plenty of training. Great work environment. We felt appreciated and could see the impact of our work on the organization. One of the best companies I have worked for.
Pros
9/80 work schedulle
Cons
no office in Houston
Really good
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 2, 2017
was super good to work for, they bought me on with no operating experience and was willing to train me. it was all good until CNRL bought out Devon and I was let go.
Pros
Great area
Cons
CNRL bought them out
Great Place to Work
Identity Management Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed many years at Devon Energy. I would go back to work for them given the right opportunity. As with most corporate environments it could be extremely fast-paced, but the compensation was great.
Great working eniviroment
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. I love the balance and what the company offers for their employees. They understands how value you are withe the company home life.
Devon is a really good place to work.
Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2017
Devon is a very good place to work. The work for a geophysicist is challenging - in a good way! Lots of interesting projects. The company has great benefits and really seems to care about its employees.
Pros
Devon does many great things for their employees.
Cons
Cumbersone bureacracy.
Company that really cares for its employees
Production Technologist (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 18, 2017
Company that recognizes that employees are their greatest asset. Daily stated "to go home as happy and healthy as you arrived, with a little dirt and sweat".
Excellent, professional employer
Supervisor, Geophysics (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2017
All good, until it was time cut staff.

The job was a challenging every day. The company was aggressive and strove to achieve the highest technical and engineering standards.

Focus 100% on unconventional - is that good or not so much???
Great benifits and flex work week
Engineering Production Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2017
Great benefits and flex work week. People are really great to work with but shift in upper management has changed the structure of Devon where management decides business implementation without a lot of input from the end users or people it directly affects. Major issues of data management and coordination and communication through business units.
Friendly atmosphere, but lacked leadership
Senior Field Land Tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 19, 2017
Atmosphere is friendly, benefits were great, but the leadership in certain departments was non existent. Lack of leadership made it hard to work with other departments, teamwork was not evident.
great company to work for over all
Plant Foreman (Former Employee) –  McAlister OKJune 18, 2017
Devon was a great company to work for they take great care of their employees. I only left the company to be closer to family. They now only deal in oil production and not gas processing.
Pros
know how to run cryo plants
Cons
were not located where my family lived.
Productive, great managment
Accounts Payable Coder (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 7, 2017
The process of improvement was encouraged, manager gave you all materials to make your job easier. The culture was friendly. lots of training and classed are required and offered. The benefits and pay were ACE!
Pros
Every other Friday is a day off.
Devon
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2017
Devon Energy taught me so much in every aspect of my life. I will forever be grateful for the time I spent with that great company. The culture of the company was so warming. I looked at my team as my own family.
Great company!
Production Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 10, 2017
Amazing company with amazing pay/benefits. People that worked there were great, and the work was interesting. Unfortunately, the oil bust forced the company to cut back a lot, including headcount reductions. But boom and bust is the nature of the oil industry.
Productive and great workplace with Team Lunches
Record Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2017
I learned a lot about the Oil & Gas industry through networking and classes available to move forward in the company The CEO would also allow you to provide idea to make the company better.
Pros
Oil & Gas class, catered lunche and the classes.
Cons
Micromanaging from Sandra Holmes
great Company
Pipe Desk Coordinator / Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2017
devon was a great company with solid plans in place. They were fair in all aspects, great people to work with. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Great company
Production Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMApril 17, 2017
Loved working at Devon, but tried to grow to fast and had to lay a lot of people off. management was good and work environment was even better. great benefits
benefits
Cons
tried to be major
A company that was interested in taking care of their employees and the community they worked in.
Field Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXApril 10, 2017
This company provided excellent benefits, concern for the environment and raised money for the local United Way by holding events like lunches, clay shooting and auctions matching what was raised locally. They also held family oriented events throughout the year.

I had the opportunity to advance in work responsibilities throughout my time with the company. They offered on-site and computer based courses and encouraged their employees to participate in advancing their education.

Individuals and vendors were held responsible for safety in everything they did in their work environments. The company held training events on-site and took that training out to the vendors locations. There were strict policies in place that were to be followed in everything that was done on a daily basis. They also had a rating system in place for their vendors, which encouraged safety and alerted companies that needed to improve their standards if they wanted to continue to be considered for work with the company.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Educational Opportunities and Safety
Cons
Lack of local advancement
excellent benefits
Energy Market Professional (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2017
A great place to work. Not sure if all management is highly trained to be promoted as managers. Constantly changing environment. The right opportunities are available for those who catch the eye of the right manager. Corporate culture is positive.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Not all mgmt on the same page and lack of experience for some mgmt
Great company with attractive benefits
Crude Oil Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2017
Devon is a very solid company, from a financial perspective, that takes prudent and smart risks. Great benefits and typically a very good work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2