Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Lead Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2018
Great compensation and benefits. Period. Unfortunately in IT, there are major management issues. They have a lot of communication break downs in the chain of command. Also, a lot of architecture decisions are made at the Director level and pushed down from a "just make this happen" level with no input from those that have to maintain or manage the infrastructure.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Management. Period. No communication skills
Devon Energy
Geoscientist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2018
Devon Energy is excellent organization with professional and extremely competent personnel and management. The company has clear vision where it wants to be and how to achieve this goal. Devon takes a very good care about employees and their professional development and it's a great place to work.
Devon Energy Corp. Review
Drilling Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 28, 2018
Great work environment. Treatment of employees is great overall. Attention to life/family balance with work life is a plus! Alternative work schedule, with every other Friday off was available throughout the time I worked there, which was wonderful for my family.
Best job ever
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Devon Energy. It was the best job ever. The people were great, the work was great, the culture was great, absolutely everything about it I loved. I really wish I was able to still work there, but unfortunately there was a hiring freeze after my contract was up.
No team atmosphere and very inadequate in experiance
Head Janitor (Former Employee) –  Artesia NMAugust 12, 2018
I would rate this as the worst Production company out there. If you want to work with a company and always be in fear of losing your job Devon is the perfect place to work. They are lacking in experience starting at the top ranking potions. they are poised to get people hurt.. They can not follow there on business plan, the worst grouping of inexperienced professionals around.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Great place to work.
Instrument Technician/FMC Trainee (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for Devon Energy. The atmosphere the employees created made for a great work place. Employees were treated with respect which in turn increases productivity. I was sad to be part of the acquisition of conventional assets in 2014. Hope to be part of another great company like this one!
Not the same company it was 5 years ago
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 10, 2018
The company has always been top heavy. I had very little idea where my up line existed. After the company failed to manage a decline in oil prices despite having hedges in place that sheltered them from price fallout immediately, they laid off about 25% of their workforce. They let everyone know 6 months in advance that they were coming then handed out pink slips without rhyme or reason. Immediately after they began a large field structure change where most people’s job assignments were changed or moved into different positions. No one was asked, they were told. I was moved into a new position that had an additional 1.5 hour commute each way unpaid and pushed to work 12-14 hour days. No appreciation was ever extended but reprimands were in no shortage. This. Company, at least in NM,, is being operated by the least qualified management team I have ever been unfortunate to work for. If this is not a last resort for you, seek employment elsewhere
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Micromanagement and leadership that is incapable of taking any accountability
A great company to work for
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
A typical day involved working at the office with assigned roles and responsibilities as a Software developer.
Learned latest trends technology relating to Software Development.
Management is very encouraging and always there to assist and guide us in the right direction.
Devon Energy has a very friendly team working environment.
Working with a team with a diverse academic backgrounds and meeting new people during the work course.
paid good, no support
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 9, 2018
paid good, no support, no loyalty to employees. dangerous environment. no recognition for time with company, laid off so buddies could keep their job.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cresson, TXAugust 8, 2018
It’s a Great place to work. There are great people to work with They care about their employees. They give bonus’s every year & raises every year. Culture is great.
Pros
Flexible with employees life schedules
Cons
The industry goes downhill every 10 years & you have to worry about getting laid off.
Very rewarding place to work when i was contracting to Devon
ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2018
As part of the Technical services department, worked as part of a small team. Work was challenging and rewarding, lots of support from the team members.
Awesome Place to Work!
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 28, 2018
Overall, I would definitely recommend Devon Energy to work! It was a very pleasant environment to work at. I mainly enjoyed the flow. Everyone worked together to accomplish a common goal.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
Great culture and work life balance. Gym is nice to have on site. Covered parking. Easy access to lots of downtown events. Lots of learning opportunities.
Great Company
Data Management Professional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2018
Great company going through needed growing pains. Increased focus on benefits that will aid in employee retention and recruitment. Overall a great place to work.
excellent company culture
Production Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2018
Good work environment, collective and open minded culture. Good compensation, work life balance, etc.
Management trusts people to do their job, with very little micromanagement going on.
Pros
culture
Cons
energy sector uncertainty
I worked for home with a computer FOB
Data Editor / Well Log Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2018
I liked the job but the oil industry crashed in 2016. I only met my direct supervisor. I crunched numbers from home. I worked on my own time sometimes until four in the morning, sometimes half a day. I was just required to get the projects given done, by X-day. I have worked on call 24/7 since 1980. I am not a good sleeper because of that life.
MGM
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Being laid off, but it was the industry at the time.
Just a #
Assist field personnel (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2018
When I first started working for Devon It was a great place to work. Then layoffs happened and it went all down hill. Work Work Work. Also the people are so judgmental.
Good Place to work
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 27, 2018
Good teams to work, Great learning, Fun at work, not much pressure, people are helping nature.

Nice office, good learning in teams and good growth

overall very positive.
Cons
No WFH
Fun workplace
Completion Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Devon. Not only were the people good to work with but the culture was one to keep you around. I always felt my work was appreciated.
It used to be a good place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
This was a great place when I started in 2014. Since then the culture has changed drastically and well stinks. Managers pit employees against each other. Collaboration doesn’t happen. No one can make a decision. Everything has to go through a bazillion layers of management to get done. Managers play favorites in a serious way. The last round of layoffs was the nail in the coffin. Basically cleared out all the experience and kept the youngins with lower salaries. I am 29 yrs old. There’s hardly anyone left older that I can learn from. That’s a huge problem.
Pros
9/80 schedule, vacation time
Cons
Management, culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2