Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Review

View all Department of Veterans Affairs reviews

Do not wish to comment
IT Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 27, 2012
Many different skill level to assist.
Decentralized support for Tier I support.

Other Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

good workplace excellent supervisor
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 17, 2017
The work there is coding for a level 3 hospital and community based outpatient clinic (CBOC) for Northern Arizona. Flexible hours, Some OT available. small work stations being revised. Great access to needed tools to succeed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
small work stations
A great experience and wonderful people
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Montrose, NYDecember 17, 2017
My day starts out with waking the vet up @ 5am, to get them ready for there day in the SATP Program. I have learned from the program and the vet what causes the vet to become addicted to drugs and alcohol and the reason for the relapse, what steps the vet should take to become abstinence . I work under the Nursing Service and the department is all about patient care. The VA is a big melting pot. My biggest challenge of my job is being able to reach out to just one vet to help him understand the importance of becoming abstinence and preparing him/or her for the community and use the tools that they have learn in the program, to get them back to there families and jobs.
The best part of my day is when one of the veteran have the completed the program and is ready to go out into the community and be apart of the community.
Pros
The learning experiences from the different programs
Cons
Short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.