Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Review

View all Department of Veterans Affairs reviews

Don't do it
Program Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 20, 2019
Go elsewhere. If you are a skilled healthcare worker, do not choose the New Orleans VA Medical Center. Go to any other hospital in the city. If you truly wish to work at a VA facility, then go to another city or state. New Orleans is a city that is behind the times. Unfortunately so is it's VA. I will be leaving shortly.
Pros
Federal benefits
Cons
Toxic work culture, lack of promotion opportunities, poor leadership

Other Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

Productive and a place of creativity!
Vocational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 8, 2019
This is definitely the place to let your creativity take the wheels! My supervisor and director allows me to be as creative as I want to be. I know I will always have their support as long as it benefits the Veterans.
Na
Police Officer/Administration (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 8, 2019
over 4,000 employees and they provide medical services for veterans and spouses, if qualified. Everyday can be different but it's good to see the veterans are getting the help they need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K