Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Review

View all Department of Veterans Affairs reviews

Don't do it
Program Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 20, 2019
Go elsewhere. If you are a skilled healthcare worker, do not choose the New Orleans VA Medical Center. Go to any other hospital in the city. If you truly wish to work at a VA facility, then go to another city or state. New Orleans is a city that is behind the times. Unfortunately so is it's VA. I will be leaving shortly.
Pros
Federal benefits
Cons
Toxic work culture, lack of promotion opportunities, poor leadership

Other Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

Run Fast!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 17, 2020
No training is provided and there are nothing but cliques from the top down. NP supervisor is very prejudiced, unfriendly, and alienates her staff. Don't even waste your time here.
Poor Management, culture of corruption.
GS-6 Program Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 17, 2020
People are great to work with. I initially thought my experience and skills would be valued. That was all for show. This is a dead-end job and management (newly hired) is all about making themselves look good at any cost, (no mistake to trivial to not blame others). I would love to keep working with Veterans but the culture is too toxic and there are no opportunities, unless you are a prior friend or family member of someone already in management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K