Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Review

View all Department of Veterans Affairs reviews

No promotional potential and hostile working environment
Program Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day included scanning, batching and indexing client information for the processing of educational benefits. Overall, the mission statement of the agency was for our service members and their family, following their service and dedication to our country. I was able to learn processing from start to finish, and became quite knowledgeable of the rules and regulations of the many branches of the service. The hardest part of the job was having to see the journeys these men and women have been through and not being able to take away their pain. Also, employee morale was never a priority, nor was promoting from within agency. Upper management was deplorable, and the existing people within those positions don't deserve to have them.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No promotional potential, deplorable upper management

Other Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

Productive and a place of creativity!
Vocational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 8, 2019
This is definitely the place to let your creativity take the wheels! My supervisor and director allows me to be as creative as I want to be. I know I will always have their support as long as it benefits the Veterans.
Na
Police Officer/Administration (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 8, 2019
over 4,000 employees and they provide medical services for veterans and spouses, if qualified. Everyday can be different but it's good to see the veterans are getting the help they need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K