Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Review

View all Department of Veterans Affairs reviews

No promotional potential and hostile working environment
Program Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day included scanning, batching and indexing client information for the processing of educational benefits. Overall, the mission statement of the agency was for our service members and their family, following their service and dedication to our country. I was able to learn processing from start to finish, and became quite knowledgeable of the rules and regulations of the many branches of the service. The hardest part of the job was having to see the journeys these men and women have been through and not being able to take away their pain. Also, employee morale was never a priority, nor was promoting from within agency. Upper management was deplorable, and the existing people within those positions don't deserve to have them.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No promotional potential, deplorable upper management

Other Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

If you don't mind being treated like a number instead of a person welcome aboard
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 22, 2020
Leadership is so busy counting numbers they fail to see that they have good employees who value their work, but are often the ones they look over. There is very little encouragement for the work you do, only the demand to do better. I'm sad when I walk in the building because there is someone lurking around to see if you are in your seat at precisely 8:00 am. Then if your not you get called in to tell you about the 3 min u are not in your seat, not counting you have spent 3 min to walk to their office to here this BS. I feel so stuck. I go because I can't seem to get out. I've applied until I tired and discouraged.
Supervisors call out at least 1 sometimes 2 time per week. but let me call out one day, I get the lecture about it being at the discretion if the time is approved or not. Now mind you I have the AL or SL to cover this. It has to be approved like I'm 4 years old. I know when I'm sick, or when I just know this is not going to be a productive day for me. I'm at work everyday on time. Whatever foolish they pull out their butts I do. Know this is just really dumb. Next week its a change to something even more dumb. Our veterans suffer not because of lack of healthcare, but due to the people that oversee it. The system often defeats itself

My Opinion
N/a
Rating Veterans Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 22, 2020
This position could be a very rewarding job depending upon training, management and caseload. Mission Statement should be emphasized daily. Good pay for location/job market.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K