Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Review

View all Department of Veterans Affairs reviews

Unique place for Veterans Healthcare
Program Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2019
Place full of individuals that care about veteran's services, but with misdirection. There are some folks that know their information, but no written or real training for job titles or duties. Self taught for most positions. There is room for advancement, but have to fight with much nepotism for job posting. The veterans and some staff makes the job worth coming too, but needs new and improved individuals to make that happen.
Pros
paid public transportation and paid education for nursing.
Cons
Lack of training

Other Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at the VA.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 21, 2019
I ended up leaving die to my boss at the time. But the VA was a great place to work. Good coworkers too. Great experience as well. We still get together, you become a family after awhile. It was an honor serving our veterans.
Good place to work not just a job you can make it a career
Employment Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201September 21, 2019
Good place to learn and grow. The VA provide many training for employees to help with providing the best customer service to its Veterans. Everyday you leave your job, you know you have help someone improve their lives or brought comfort to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K