Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 176 reviews matching the search See all 5,370 reviews
Productive and relaxed atmosphere
Veterans Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 7, 2019
basically the title says it all, they are focused on production and quality but there are opportunities to improve and the management is always very helpful
People thier suck
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Snelling, MNSeptember 20, 2019
Management sucks because they hire kids right out of high school that no nothing about the military and continue to due ratings incorrectly and deny people for the wrong reasons and don't look far enough into the cases.
Backwards, clueless, inexperienced management
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2019
Disaster, don’t waste your time! If you like being treated like a 5 year old, this is for you! Micromanagement plus! No organized process, misleading info, complicated requirements, increased time needed for simple tasks...
Great place for steady career
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 11, 2019
Amazing job to have. Supervisors are, for the most part fair. Job work is the same even though claims can be quite different; pay is great for what you do; claims aren't difficult but not easy either; takes about job tasks can become stagnate as routines settles in. This is not a 'JOB' its a career...
Very fulfilling job as we serve our Veterans
Veterans Service Representative (Coach) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 10, 2019
It is an honor to serve our Veterans. My customer care, analytical and management skills were honed by VA. Also, I have learned a lot of medical terminologies due to the nature of my. job
Daily work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2019
It was very busy, the work environment.was stressful because you were timed on every call taken and monitored. You were like in the military your hours worked were call tour of duty, if you were late or missed work you were awol if you dodnt have time to cover. Supervisors micro managed always on your back to hurry and get off the call. Your calls were graded. It could be rather stressful at yimes but overall It was nor a bad job at all benefits and pay were great so the compensation made up the stress for me.
Pros
Very leniant on your time off. They offeredvirtual work from home.
Cons
The constant watching the time on your calls.
Great Work
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2019
Great work but a very competitive work environment. Cut throat, back stabbing and concerned more about their paycheck than producing quality work.

Not all workers care about helping veterans and their families
I enjoyed my job helping veterans
VETERANS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 20, 2019
I felt the position I held was mission oriented and I loved helping the veterans with their disability claims. The position was stressful at times due to production and quality standards
Pressured work; not in Veteran best customer service assistance
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ND 58104August 14, 2019
Should be a great job to see e Amrica's Veterans...but mgt and processes were restrictive and focused on metrics--not on helping the Veterans. The mgt did not have Military experience!!!
Stale and gray. No passion in management, no concern for their employees.
Veterans Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 18, 2019
No doubt the VA pays well and is a good place to work IF you can stomach the first 3-5 years taking calls in a mind numbing setting, with supervisors who offer zero help.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else in life
horrible uncaring management
Veterans Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2019
For a job that is all about helping people, it's amazing how little management cares about its customers and employees (often one in the same). It's all an elaborate numbers game with the rules changing constantly. I was saddened to see how older WW2 and especially Vietnam era vets are treated.
Pros
Fed job, fed benefits.
Cons
No individual is truly valued, just another body to pump out work quickly.
fast paced envirnoment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23249May 15, 2019
enjoy my service - would not leave except spouse received orders to a new duty station with the military so no option but to leave. I would like to add that the VA I am at says they does not offer a transfer program and or LWOP for spouses.
Regulations state otherwise.
I do not think that is fair to spouses at all. We serve just as our spouses do, there should be something in place for any and all military spouses who have to pick up and move as well and start over each time our active duty spouse receives orders to move across the state, ocean, or US.
Pros
supervisor was amazing
Cons
people do not act like adults nor communicate
Veteran Service Rep
VETERAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 15, 2019
Like any job, the VA is what you make of it. If you do the work you will get your timed advances. You do your work and no one messes with you. Great benefits, after a year you can work from home and they provide everything for you that you will need.
Pros
Work from home, great raises after a time, pick your work times
Cons
have to do many trainings, some time away required for other trainings
Stressful place to work
Rating Veterans Service Representative, GS-12 (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 28, 2019
good pay with great benefits but stressful place to work. Constant changes, poor leadership, confusing guidelines and a lot of infighting and politics.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful place
New employee; New career
Ratings Veteran Service Representative (GS-09) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216April 1, 2019
This is a challenging new career for me. I look forward to helping Veterans. I do not like that this is a production based job. Our pay raises are based on our production.
Pros
Flexibility after completing training
Cons
This is a production based job.
Na
Veteran Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 25, 2019
Great experience. Management needed more assistance. Requirements are a bit too harsh but not impossible. Point system needs some tweaking. Decent work environment.
Supervisory Veterans Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2019
As a whole, the Department of Veterans Affairs is a good place to work. It offers great benefits, great time off, and provides good job security, but the job has become more and more stressful. Upper management has too many meetings, and doesn't allow supervisors enough opportunity to put an action plan into place. I am looking to relocate and see this an ample opportunity to make a much needed change, after 11 years.
Pros
Listed above
Cons
Listed above
Va
Veteran Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2019
VA is a difficult job stressful constant change.Often times laws change quickly hard to keep up . Data entry difficult and quality is overrated. Hard job and easy to get fired.
Pros
money
Cons
stressfull
Serving Veterans
Veteran's Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 21, 2019
As a Veteran myself I find it extremely rewarding to work for VA to serve Veterans needs for both compensation and Health Care. The job is both challenging an rewarding.
Work environment
Rating Veteran Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 19, 2019
The work environment is production driven. Neither the employee nor the customer matter as long as the correct amount of work is being performed every two weeks. If a veteran or new employee misses the production requirement for one two week period, the employee may be terminated. This policy is regardless of how many successful two week periods the employee accomplished throughout the year or years of service with the VBA.
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K