DBS Bank Employee Reviews

Cool Place to work with
Teradata Administrator (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 6, 2018
Cool Place to work with. I had fun and at the same time I learned o many things working abroad. I gain a lot of knowledge and friends and I do appreciate my boss.
Work Culture
Senior technical analyst (Current Employee) –  singaporeNovember 2, 2018
I have been working here for more than 2 years , DBS is great place to work and work culture is good , I have learned a lot about the banking domain..
Productive and rewarding
Wealth Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  HarbourFront, hong limNovember 2, 2018
A typical day would be heading to the branch and attending customers service needs or banking enquiries and also setting up appointments with DBS clients. I learned how to communicate with customers from all walks of life and nationality especially dealing with mass market consumers. Since it was a sales oriented role definitely there was constant stress and pressure from management to hit your monthly targets and goals. The hardest part of this job would definitely be the ability to react positively to rejection which is a constant part of this job however the most enjoyable part was that i got to financially help lots of customers who were not financially savvy enough to plan for their future.
Pros
rewarding incentives and benefits
Feel like a big family
Institutional Sales Intern, Business Management (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 19, 2018
Nice place to work. The team is very bonded and the boss is quite humorous. Nice experience to work there. Good life-work balance. Good mix of experienced people and young people.
Productive and Interactive
Wealth Planning Manager (Insurance Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Jurong WestOctober 17, 2018
Do tele calls
Learn to handle different groups of people
Handle walk in
Go for appointments
Self disciplined culture
Hardest part is to get appointments
Flexible and good incentive
Pros
good incentives
Cons
working hours not fixed
Fun Workplace
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 15, 2018
Fun workplace with activities arranged for teamwork sessions. Provided ample training in relation to workstreams. People are dedicated at their work - each trying to achieve Company’s objectives.
Needs improvement
Software Release Manager / DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 2, 2018
Needs improvement on the work life balance and more needed,
Lot of manual things can be done in day to day work and automation helps to achieve this
Good place to pick up skills
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 1, 2018
- Many things to learn, to explore and have to be on your own as you do not have the luxury to be slow in daily work/tasks
- You need to acquire the knowledge fast, very steep learning curve where guidance is usually not in place
- This place really trains up my multi-tasking skills as well as time management skills.
Pros
Good remuneration package
Cons
very long hours, definitely not a place for work-life balance
Hated it there
Marketing Associate (Intern) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 29, 2018
Very heavy on the office politics side, very judgmental. Also, treat minorities very poorly. Needed all the extra propaganda from youtube to showcase their 'successful' working environment.

Worst job ever. Doesn't really benefit at all and no career progression
Great company to work with
Analyst (Former Employee) –  ChangiSeptember 2, 2018
Experience with DBS was enjoyable with nice colleagues. Company ensured that staff are well taken care of with necessary employee benefits provided. Superior has made sure that all in the team is well connected.
What role I do
onsite coordinator (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 28, 2018
This project made me as onsite coordinator role which was very challenging, this project has given me an exposure of how to handle the client, the project manager of mine has noticed the potential of mine in the work I perform and recommended me for being as onsite coordinator and this has made my responsibilities to be more.
Na
Senior SME- IBM AIX (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 17, 2018
Very very good to learn good company to work for. I had very awesome learning in this company which i never had in my previous organizations.

Good to work,
Excellent workplace culture
Trade Processing/Insurance and Investment Products (Former Employee) –  WinslandAugust 7, 2018
Knowledge gained from trades matching coming from big institutional investment banks

Better understanding on how the institutions places big trades via DBS bank as underwriter
Customer Service Asst (Former Employee) –  Jurong WestAugust 6, 2018
Deal with customers' needs
Standard routine
Must be a good team player in case if next teller needs our help
Unable to take MC until its approved by branch manager
Fun place to work
Transformation Lead (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 3, 2018
Has a good work life balance, great workplace culture. Provides challenging roles. Gives an opportunity to hear your voice. It provides with varied opportunity and platforms to show your talent and abilities.
"On the toe" workplace
Assistant Service Manager (Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Boon LayJuly 22, 2018
Working in this bank, you have to be on your toes literally.
You need to be fast, knowledgeable and quick in making your judgement to quickly help customers with their queries.

Work is never hard, managing your own time is the hardest. We try to achieve work life balance however, it can sometimes tilt more towards work. But fret not, do not give up. Supportive colleagues are always by your side to help you feel at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we send our customers off with a smile, when we are able to solve all their problems and queries.
Pros
Good Teamwork, medical and lifestyle benefits.
Cons
Long working hours
Challenging and fun workplace
Anti-Money Laundering Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 17, 2018
The most enjoyable and exciting thing was to build the Java program which could benefit the entire team. From basic to advanced, it was an enjoyable learning curve. My colleagues were responsible and patient in explaining the key business for our team and made me adapt to the working environment as soon as possible.
good place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  singaporeJuly 5, 2018
I have been working at DBS Bank as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good company benefit
Good Employee Benefit
Good working colleagues

Cons

Long overtime hours
Long working hours
Low life balance
A Great place to work
Assistant Officer (Current Employee) –  MBFCJuly 2, 2018
The culture of this company is great and everyone I works with was amazing
This certainly is a great place to work, but due to my commitment to my family, I am unable to continue working permanent graveyard shifts.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
No work life balance here
Business Analyst (Agile) (Current Employee) –  ChangiJune 14, 2018
Long working hours and it's normal to works on weekends. Mountains of projects but team members are capable so quite enjoy to work here. Management is good and willing to send you to attend courses.
Pros
Fast pace and good pay
Cons
long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DBS Bank. Our community is ready to answer.