DBS Bank Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
ATM ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 21, 2019
positive work environment makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day. ... However, as you shall see below, these qualities are much valued by employees
You learn a lot on the job
QA Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 4, 2019
It get chaotic and sometimes the managers are not capable of handling such pressure. My colleagues were very friendly and we get opportunities to work on different projects
Workplace
Assistant relationship manager (Former Employee) –  MBFCAugust 19, 2019
Its a great company but company has too much work load.
Staff is very helpful and management is very co-operative. DBS value their employees. Benefits are really good
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too much work
Productive and learning place
Senior Service Delivery Manager -Open Systems (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 17, 2019
This was my first place learn all about my self and my capability . Development many things and implemented, which are very useful for the company. Did many automation projects.
Cool working environment with helpful co-workers
Bank Executive (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Changi Business ParkAugust 15, 2019
I was assisting with securities settlement for Wealth clients. I also helped to prepare reports for managers and other ad hoc duties. In every job the hardest part is probably committing to overtime if required. I remember there were some problems that caused a large volume of backlog stuck in the system till late and I have to clear the securities quantities as they cant be carried forward to the following date. I voluntary stayed till 10pm and 12am a few times. Thankfully, I was living very close to my workplace. The enjoyable part of the day was to leave on time and there are free shuttle bus service to certain allocated points provided. On special occasions, we were given "free" food from the company or the department team lunch for team bonding or fruit day/treats for their employees. I guess that is the perks of working for a huge enterprise.
Fun place to work at.
Senior Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 31, 2019
The benefits are great and the compensation is one of the best in Singapore.
You get to work with different people and get the chance to learn about others' cultures.
Good Company for learning the ropes of the financial sector
Junior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Marina BayJuly 18, 2019
Able to learn how a bank works and managers are usually helpful and will assist you with anything you need. Good place for personal development. Teaches you good character and to build resilience.
Good Facilities
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Central Business DistrictJuly 15, 2019
IT support and tech savvy. Good working colleagues but poor work life balance. Fault finding culture hence not a good place to learn. Good benefits and salary.

Good CEO
Work life balance and Family Oriented
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Changi Business ParkJuly 10, 2019
The culture in DBS mainly focus on having enjoyable day at work by incorporating activities, events and even small gifts to motivate employees. it is family oriented and work life balance
Overall Assessment
Head Wealth & Cards Technology (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 29, 2019
Overall very solid Bank with good management. Long working hours but interesting projects. Digitally most advanced bank.
Very Good Employer
Wealth Specialist (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2019
DBS is a one of a kind employer. It provides a fun workplace, takes good care of it's employees when it comes to awards, recognitions, and rewards. It also has a diverse culture but treats every one as equal.
Good company to work with
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Central Business DistrictMay 24, 2019
The company have a lot of training and encourage employees to study and improve themselves.

Learn a lot because DBS always apply the latest technologies
Productive and fun workplace
Business Analyst (SME) / Test Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 20, 2019
Learning and experience curve has always been progressive in DBS.
Management is also very supportive and understanding.
Workplace culture is also very friendly.
Messy IT management culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 2, 2019
- Mgmt think IT staff can be replaced easily
- Not enforcing proper process, documentation
- Ownership culture makes staff even refused to take more tasks out of their scope
Good teammates
Analyst (Current Employee) –  ChangiApril 23, 2019
Been working very happily with my teammates. Supportive and fun team. Manger and boss is nice and understanding. Bank Do provide shuttle bus services for staff
Pros
Sometimes got free lunch from TownHall
Cons
Long distances
Good
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 12, 2019
Good and happy to to work in DBS singapore

Job Work/Life Balance - good
Salary/Benefits- good
Job Security/Advancement- good
Management- good
Job Culture- good
Decent Salary
Bank Executive (contract) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 24, 2019
Daily work is like a robotic process and employees have to hit the minimum quota for KPI. After the first two weeks of learning the basics, all we was the same thing all over again, and only an hour of lunch break in between. The positive parts are, since the workload is never ending, contract employees like myself get to work overtime and earn the extra cash needed, and a free coffee machine accessible for the staff.
Productive and Fun workplace
Derivatives Clearing Analyst - Client Servicing (Current Employee) –  Marina BayMarch 24, 2019
My typical day at work will be handling different queries or requests from customer.
I have learned to meet multiple daily requests from all stakeholders while prioritising work under pressure, without compromising on accuracy and consistency in the standard of service
The most enjoyable part of this job is I get to dealt with different situations from all stakeholders and there is where I learned and resolved issues at the same time.
This gives me a sense of satisfaction when customer's issues are resolved and they are satisfied with our provided service
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Rotational shift work
supportive colleagues
Bank Executive (Former Employee) –  Chai CheeFebruary 27, 2019
-Enjoy work, back home on time
-Supportive manager/supervisor
-Fun working environment
-Lot of activities organize by company
-Helpful colleagues
-People oriented superior
Pros
recognition hard work
Cons
Lacking of job prospective
Fast paced, innovative, fun
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeFebruary 17, 2019
There's MANY different departments and jobs at the bank, I only worked in branches so far. There' lots to be aware of, from handling cash to interacting with customers, to selling insurance, to settling credit card bills, and more. Not much to slack around on this job, unless there's a rare day where you have next to no customers (if you work at the branch).

However, the most enjoyable thing is also interacting with colleagues and customers, making friends with them and being part of a huge organisation which does give good benefits.
Cons
branch - short lunch break