DBS Bank Employee Reviews

Good
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 12, 2019
Good and happy to to work in DBS singapore

Job Work/Life Balance - good
Salary/Benefits- good
Job Security/Advancement- good
Management- good
Job Culture- good
Decent Salary
Bank Executive (contract) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 24, 2019
Daily work is like a robotic process and employees have to hit the minimum quota for KPI. After the first two weeks of learning the basics, all we was the same thing all over again, and only an hour of lunch break in between. The positive parts are, since the workload is never ending, contract employees like myself get to work overtime and earn the extra cash needed, and a free coffee machine accessible for the staff.
Productive and Fun workplace
Derivatives Clearing Analyst - Client Servicing (Current Employee) –  Marina BayMarch 24, 2019
My typical day at work will be handling different queries or requests from customer.
I have learned to meet multiple daily requests from all stakeholders while prioritising work under pressure, without compromising on accuracy and consistency in the standard of service
The most enjoyable part of this job is I get to dealt with different situations from all stakeholders and there is where I learned and resolved issues at the same time.
This gives me a sense of satisfaction when customer's issues are resolved and they are satisfied with our provided service
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Rotational shift work
Fast paced, innovative, fun
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeFebruary 17, 2019
There's MANY different departments and jobs at the bank, I only worked in branches so far. There' lots to be aware of, from handling cash to interacting with customers, to selling insurance, to settling credit card bills, and more. Not much to slack around on this job, unless there's a rare day where you have next to no customers (if you work at the branch).

However, the most enjoyable thing is also interacting with colleagues and customers, making friends with them and being part of a huge organisation which does give good benefits.
Cons
branch - short lunch break
Bank Executive
BANK EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  East SingaporeJanuary 18, 2019
Great place to discover who you really are and how you may contribute to a meaningful career!!!

Its also a fast paced organization and in recent years DBS has adopted a start-up culture, ensuring everyone is given ample opportunities to have the space in developing their individual potential.
Pros
Helpful management team
Cons
Can't think of any yet
Great Bank to work with
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 6, 2019
Very good bank to work with, good leadership and culture to promote people and grow the career. I would not have moved out if not for a good opportunity to get into the next level
Pros
informal culture
Cons
slow growth
Great benefits
Senior Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 5, 2019
Worth the hard work! Strict guidelines but worth every investment of time with the good AL and bonuses that they offer.In all, great company to work in. Rewarding career.
Graveyard shift
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Changi Business ParkDecember 5, 2018
Organise lots of activities for staff after work but it is tough to attend as we need to sleep after a whole night of work.
For night shift we are multi trained to answer all sorts of enquiries from banking, credit cards to investments related.
As a Chinese customer service officer, we have to attend to Chinese calls apart from English. The Chinese calls tend to be long and often exceed our KPIs. We have to try and shorten the subsequent calls to average out . It is very challenging and could be stressful too.
During night and early morning, there is downtime for system maintenance, the incoming calls could be very challenging as customers are angry that certain functions are not available over digital banking.
We have our annual dragon boat race and this a family event and also the Bank’s annual dinner. We also have activities for call centre too.
Pros
Graveyard shift is suitable for me
Cons
Hot seating
Productive / Good place to learn stuff
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Changi Business ParkNovember 26, 2018
Widen knowledge base as you are given the freedom to make a difference. Fun workplace with activities arranged for teamwork sessions. Provided ample training in relation to work streams. People are dedicated at their work - each trying to achieve Company’s objectives.
Pros
Widen knowledge base
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun working environment
Application Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  Changi Business ParkNovember 20, 2018
Productive and Fun working environment and good learning environment. Colleagues here are co-operative and helpful and there is process thru which one can communicate issues to higher management .
Cons
job security
Cool Place to work with
Teradata Administrator (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 6, 2018
Cool Place to work with. I had fun and at the same time I learned o many things working abroad. I gain a lot of knowledge and friends and I do appreciate my boss.
Work Culture
Senior technical analyst (Current Employee) –  singaporeNovember 2, 2018
I have been working here for more than 2 years , DBS is great place to work and work culture is good , I have learned a lot about the banking domain..
Productive and rewarding
Wealth Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  HarbourFront, hong limNovember 2, 2018
A typical day would be heading to the branch and attending customers service needs or banking enquiries and also setting up appointments with DBS clients. I learned how to communicate with customers from all walks of life and nationality especially dealing with mass market consumers. Since it was a sales oriented role definitely there was constant stress and pressure from management to hit your monthly targets and goals. The hardest part of this job would definitely be the ability to react positively to rejection which is a constant part of this job however the most enjoyable part was that i got to financially help lots of customers who were not financially savvy enough to plan for their future.
Pros
rewarding incentives and benefits
Feel like a big family
Institutional Sales Intern, Business Management (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 19, 2018
Nice place to work. The team is very bonded and the boss is quite humorous. Nice experience to work there. Good life-work balance. Good mix of experienced people and young people.
Productive and Interactive
Wealth Planning Manager (Insurance Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Jurong WestOctober 17, 2018
Do tele calls
Learn to handle different groups of people
Handle walk in
Go for appointments
Self disciplined culture
Hardest part is to get appointments
Flexible and good incentive
Pros
good incentives
Cons
working hours not fixed
Fun Workplace
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 15, 2018
Fun workplace with activities arranged for teamwork sessions. Provided ample training in relation to workstreams. People are dedicated at their work - each trying to achieve Company’s objectives.
Needs improvement
Software Release Manager / DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 2, 2018
Needs improvement on the work life balance and more needed,
Lot of manual things can be done in day to day work and automation helps to achieve this
Good place to pick up skills
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 1, 2018
- Many things to learn, to explore and have to be on your own as you do not have the luxury to be slow in daily work/tasks
- You need to acquire the knowledge fast, very steep learning curve where guidance is usually not in place
- This place really trains up my multi-tasking skills as well as time management skills.
Pros
Good remuneration package
Cons
very long hours, definitely not a place for work-life balance
Hated it there
Marketing Associate (Intern) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 29, 2018
Very heavy on the office politics side, very judgmental. Also, treat minorities very poorly. Needed all the extra propaganda from youtube to showcase their 'successful' working environment.

Worst job ever. Doesn't really benefit at all and no career progression
Long working hours and work life imbalance
Bank Executive (Current Employee) –  PunggolSeptember 9, 2018
Working hours need to be review.
Manpower can be better managed accordingly
Service standards not only apply to external customers, should extend to internal staff
Pros
Remuneration
Cons
Long working hours, insufficient manpower