DBS Bank Employee Reviews

What role I do
onsite coordinator (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 28, 2018
This project made me as onsite coordinator role which was very challenging, this project has given me an exposure of how to handle the client, the project manager of mine has noticed the potential of mine in the work I perform and recommended me for being as onsite coordinator and this has made my responsibilities to be more.
Na
Senior SME- IBM AIX (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 17, 2018
Very very good to learn good company to work for. I had very awesome learning in this company which i never had in my previous organizations.

Good to work,
Excellent workplace culture
Trade Processing/Insurance and Investment Products (Former Employee) –  WinslandAugust 7, 2018
Knowledge gained from trades matching coming from big institutional investment banks

Better understanding on how the institutions places big trades via DBS bank as underwriter
Customer Service Asst (Former Employee) –  Jurong WestAugust 6, 2018
Deal with customers' needs
Standard routine
Must be a good team player in case if next teller needs our help
Unable to take MC until its approved by branch manager
Fun place to work
Transformation Lead (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 3, 2018
Has a good work life balance, great workplace culture. Provides challenging roles. Gives an opportunity to hear your voice. It provides with varied opportunity and platforms to show your talent and abilities.
"On the toe" workplace
Assistant Service Manager (Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Boon LayJuly 22, 2018
Working in this bank, you have to be on your toes literally.
You need to be fast, knowledgeable and quick in making your judgement to quickly help customers with their queries.

Work is never hard, managing your own time is the hardest. We try to achieve work life balance however, it can sometimes tilt more towards work. But fret not, do not give up. Supportive colleagues are always by your side to help you feel at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we send our customers off with a smile, when we are able to solve all their problems and queries.
Pros
Good Teamwork, medical and lifestyle benefits.
Cons
Long working hours
Challenging and fun workplace
Anti-Money Laundering Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 17, 2018
The most enjoyable and exciting thing was to build the Java program which could benefit the entire team. From basic to advanced, it was an enjoyable learning curve. My colleagues were responsible and patient in explaining the key business for our team and made me adapt to the working environment as soon as possible.
good place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  singaporeJuly 5, 2018
I have been working at DBS Bank as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good company benefit
Good Employee Benefit
Good working colleagues

Cons

Long overtime hours
Long working hours
Low life balance
A Great place to work
Assistant Officer (Current Employee) –  MBFCJuly 2, 2018
The culture of this company is great and everyone I works with was amazing
This certainly is a great place to work, but due to my commitment to my family, I am unable to continue working permanent graveyard shifts.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
No work life balance here
Business Analyst (Agile) (Current Employee) –  ChangiJune 14, 2018
Long working hours and it's normal to works on weekends. Mountains of projects but team members are capable so quite enjoy to work here. Management is good and willing to send you to attend courses.
Pros
Fast pace and good pay
Cons
long working hours
Work culture is nice
Intern (Former Employee) –  ExpoJune 4, 2018
People working there are friendly and willing to take time to help Intern. I help out the back-end paper in assisting client opening company account in DBS with other official staff in the department so my typical day in intern busy as lot of client each day need to open account in DBS so typical day will end in a blink of an eye
Pros
friendly colleague
Cons
Branch location far
Job Mismatch
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Central SingaporeMay 14, 2018
I've learn a great deal about banking system and wealth management in the bank.These includes and not limited to areas of compliance, sales process, investment, insurance, service cultures and more.

However, because the role i was assign to, was a experimental role with not much career advancement structure in place.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
No structured career progression
Open to innovative ideas and opportunities
Head of Digital and Emerging Payment (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 10, 2018
Ambitious, digital driven, forward looking, strategic. Good place to learnt. Strong management. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to value add with new ideas.
Pros
Energytic
Cons
legacy
Must be very independent
Intern (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 1, 2018
You can learnt quite a lot but environment is very dull. People are so focused on their work and they can end till very late at night. There is not much time to mingle around or bond with one another.
Conducive and warm environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastApril 27, 2018
The colleagues were very helpful during my internship in DBS. I did not have any regrets being employed here. Team meetings being held often to resolve any problems.
Fun Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  ChangiApril 25, 2018
A good opportunity being an intern in DBS. Good work culture and the staff there are mostly friendly and approachable. DBS always give opportunities for their employees to progress. They believe in mobility, hence there are a lot of opportunities for the staff to explore different part of the bank.
Challenging workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Changi Business ParkApril 9, 2018
Being in a customer service related department is challenging, which requires adequate and proper training. In a fast pace industry, empowering employees and enhancing necessary tools for the relevant work is important. Not much work-life balance probably due to the emphasis on service excellence and the nature of the industry. Stress is high, customers can get abusive at times
Cons
Long hours, Ot
Your work life depends on your boss
Wealth Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 8, 2018
My previous boss was nice however this new boss is a disaster. Please dont hire someone with many years of sales experience but no leadership skills to be a Branch Business Manager. Branch sales suck because of him and he doesnt realise it. A lot of people left after he came in within a short period of time. Running sales is bad enough and we dont want to have to fight with our boss every single day.
Pros
Reputable brand
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Work life balance
Assistant officer (Current Employee) –  Ngee ann cityApril 3, 2018
Working in branch, need to commit almost 12hrs a day. Saturday is a full banking too. Internal transfers not too effective. However their benefits for the staff is sufficient.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Good place to learn and understand the market
Bancassurance Specialist (Consumer Banking) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 20, 2018
Allowed me to better understand services provided and have a very inclusive work culture. It is a place to not only work but also to have fun. Opportunities were avast with DBS bank.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DBS Bank. Our community is ready to answer.