D&k Engineering Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very Productive place to work
QA Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
This was a very fast paced placed to work. we worked on various types of parts each day. Due to the type of company Contract Manufacturing I enjoyed my time here. People were very nice. My time was very short spent. wish I could have stayed longer.
Pros
Lunch meeting, Morning Breakfast
Cons
Job security
Great Workplace
Assembler 5 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2017
Working for D&K is the most unique experience I have ever had after the military. A great place to be challenged, to show innovation, and work with cutting edge technologies.
good place to work
Assembler 3 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2016
Ive learned alot of different skills and was able to apply my previous skills on this job. I was placed on various projects and learned alot about mechanical engineering.
Give and Take
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2015
The gives:
D&K exposes employees to a wide variety of technologies. The company has two main elements: Research and Development and Manufacturing. These are handled very differently, and what applies to each is vastly different. There are some seriously intelligent, capable, and caring engineers at D&K that make working there tolerable.
The take:
D&K is struggling. Upper management decision making is largely driven by personal relationships, and those have consistently put the business at risk. There are literally millions of dollars wasted annually on excess materials and waste materials. Nobody is addressing it because those who do this are buddies with the leadership. All the while we have wave after wave of layoffs. Even the decision making there depends entirely on who you know and nothing to do with the skills of the employee. Internal politics are rampant and very destructive.
The summary:
D&K is ok if you can deal with all the issues. Personally, I have no time for such immature behavior and lack of job security.
Pros
Exposure to technology, some fantastic people
Cons
Business management, politics, job security
Productive and a great place to work
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  san deiegoMay 11, 2015
Good relation with leads and work is up and down, however there are many departments and projects. Co-works are nice and work load is moderate. Loved working there.
Pros
Great training and work atmosphere
Cons
better pay
Inspiring company to work for.
Administrative Coordinator/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 29, 2014
I began at this company in 2011. It more than doubled in size since I began working here. My responsibilities have steadily increased over the years, and I am currently enjoying working with the Marketing department. I am undergoing valuable training in the fields of Marketing and Public Relations.