Credit Suisse Employee Reviews

Best Investment Bank I have worked for
Product Controller, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 15, 2018
Overarching culture is very team oriented, less competition, but encourages people to do things right and with integrity

Would recommend it and if given the chance (for the 3rd time) i would return and give my best.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
Not so big bank, so limited opportunities
Warning: Do your due diligence and consider carefully before accepting
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Central Business DistrictSeptember 17, 2018
Due to budget cuts, certain departments have become very lean. Many departments are top heavy. Frequent restructurings occur due to change in senior management. Most of them are politically driven. Like most organizations, internal politics are common. Job descriptions can also change if offshoring happens.
Weak company results led to low bonuses (for certain departments) and huge attrition. They would rather hire contract staffs and keep resources lean.
Internal processes are lacking or lost in transition due to staff attrition and offhsoring. Knowledge has been lost in some cases. Most of the best practices are either verbal or handed over from generation to generation without proper documentation. New joiners will not have a clear picture of certain processes and/or how things are done and handled.
As a result of the attrition and restructuring, roles were callously and quickly filled by new employees with little or no relevant experience. The poor job fit saw the hiring of leaders or managers with the inability to make effective decisions, poor leadership and ineffective management skills. This also led to mismanagement in the career of the affected employees.
Very slow career progression (below average) with almost no visible path for development.
Offshoring and Globalization of resources resulted in internal inefficiencies. Work related issues ranging from HR to IT are remotely operated offshore. E.g, a lot of time is wasted on sending screenshots and waiting for someone in another time zone to respond to your issues. Cultural and language issues have not been
  more... considered when the company decides to offshore these functions.A lot of work that has been offshored have processes that were either lost in translation or transition resulting in possibly some duplication of work or unnecessary work.  less
Pros
Health benefits and that is just about it; apart from the strong brand name and reputation.
Cons
Budget cuts and frequent restructurings, Poor Management and Weak Culture, Inefficient Management of Resources, Continuous Offshoring and Contract Hiring for years
A nice work Place
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  ChangiApril 23, 2018
It is a great place to work. good learning opportunity . Able to have an experience in working with cross cultural teams at multi locations.a Good place to work.
Credit Suisse
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  One Raffles LinkApril 9, 2018
Typical work environment.
Facilities Department needs improvement.
Should focus on getting staffs instead of contractors for some departments.
Workplace culture is so-so.
very good culture to work at Credit Suisse
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 24, 2018
one of the best companies I have ever worked in terms of culture and work life balance. A great place to learn fro senior leaders. A very good experience as of now in CS and hopefully will remain as is.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
tasks are imeplemented very late
Good benefits working place
Associate (Former Employee) –  ChangiMarch 20, 2018
A very advance company and work life balance place. A good working environment with great co-workers. Good benefits, lots of events and charity activities organised for the workers. Work are recognised, not only through your manager and peers but through other department colleague too. Flexible working environment and hours.
Benefits
Good place to learn
Senior Level (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 5, 2018
A key competitive advantage of Credit Suisse is our ability to bring all the resources of the bank together for our clients – combining our key strengths in private banking with our leading capabilities in equities, fixed income, corporate finance and asset management. Across boundaries and divisions, we deliver a compelling proposition for clients looking to access a full spectrum of our best products and capabilities to help them expand their businesses, as well as protect and grow their wealth.
Pros
GoodBenifits
Cons
LOng Hours
Vice President (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 27, 2017
Overly rigid, overly hierarchical, old fashioned bank. There are no visionaries here, just politicians. This is not a place for those who seek professional development. A poorly managed institution who cloaks this by describing itself as "an entrepreneurial" organisation.

If you are a blue-eyed Swiss you will be taken care of (politically as well as job security wise).

Expect no direction from Management (MDs and Directors), as they are out to protect themselves and nothing more. The culture (as such exists) is basically a "free-for-all" where you sink or swim on your own.

The pay is good and colleagues (VP and below) are great. A good place to park for a couple of years, collect a good salary and then move on.
Pros
Good brand on your CV, good salary, great colleagues
Cons
Poor management, way too much politics, "The Swiss Way"
Work Place and Culture
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 14, 2017
Good place good people. Good opportunity to learn and move on. Compensation not too bad either. Commute is also a plus ,good work life balance and well-rounded in other respects.
summer internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 20, 2017
I only worked there for a month so I do not have a great understanding of the company. As an intern I took care of tasks such as quality assurance and I could apply it in my later career.
Productive and Ful place.
Senior Database Administrator - Operations (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 13, 2017
Database lead for Sybase and MSSQl
Learned MSSQL DBA activities along with Replication, Mirroring
Done Migration of servers.
Supporting on Application issues and Incident Management calls.
The department moved offshore
Senior Vice President - Product Control (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 6, 2017
I used my derivatives and change management skills to good effect, unfortunately due to the bank moving the department offshore to India, there were no roles that I wanted to take on.
Pros
flexable working
Cons
moved offshore
Great Place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work! Great management. I didn't want to leave but a personal event forced me to go back to my home country. If I had to work in the banking industry again I would definitely apply for a job at Credit Suisse.
Good
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  ChangiJuly 16, 2017
Good company to work
Good work culture and work life balance
Excellent technologists and good training and learning oppurtunities to build skills and talent.
Technology Driven and nice place to work enjoy
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Changi City point SingaporeJune 26, 2017
It it one the Technology oriented and developer driven organisation where people are valued for their contribution . besides this learning opportunities are offered at every step . once you finish up your job you get chance to share your experience with higher management .
Pros
Developer driven organisation
Cons
It process is quiet complicated
Good place to learn Enterprise Risk Management
AVP, Enterprise Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Singapore City HallJune 18, 2017
Good place to learn Enterprise Risk Management in CRO.
Workplace culture is good and balanced.
Management is supportive of new initiatives, specially Chief Risk Officer.
The new organization structure is creating few challenges but should get stabilize for few years.
Employee (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 3, 2017
Long working hours, but good exit opportunities. However, there is uncertainty around the trajectory of the company. People and culture in the department is ok.
Pros
Good exit opportunities
Cons
Long hours, uncertainty
Awesome workculture
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Pasir RisMay 30, 2017
Motivating environment, Supportive management, Smart working, ambience, work life balance, flexible working hours, Career progression, Value add opportunities
a better bank than UBS
Emerging Market Structured Rates Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  RafflesMay 13, 2017
Not too bad. Nice colleagues, bosses and gave me a small bump in pay when I moved from OCBC to CS. Pretty good envrionment but hey, its still back office which is a waste of my talent.
na
IT Quality Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 26, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance-was good start off as an intern .
Salary/Benefits- ok no benefits
Job Security/Advancement- contract role
Management-Good
Job Culture- ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Suisse. Our community is ready to answer.

Credit Suisse Reviews by Location