Conrad Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Good branding but no team spirit
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  OrchardJune 19, 2018
In front of management team members pretend to have team work. Under the table, they are agruementative and pin pointing others mistakes. Complaining to your boss on what you shortfall and playing politics. Not a good job environment. Benefits wise are not as good as Uol listing hotels. Here is only partial health benefits and insurance, uol listing hotels provide full medical coverage. Salary is very little but workload like crazy. If you don't want to sink in depression, don't apply. You won't have work life balance.
Fun and Good Exposure work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  City HallSeptember 11, 2017
Have learned and experienced to deal with different type of customers and ways of dealing with different situations.

Dealing with some difficulty customer are not easy and the working hours in hotel industries are not the best. Yet, I have enjoyed working there with the fun people and warm culture.

Other than gaining working experience , I have build a family while working there. We still keep in touch up to now.
Productive and fun work place
Guest Service Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 21, 2017
Conrad Centennial Singapore is the best company i've worked. The management was so supportive, generous to their employees. i will never forget CCS ...
Pros
Free meal, free transport
Cons
2 days off
Workplace
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 20, 2017
When you work with a great bunch of people it doesn't feel like your at work. It's just wonderful happy environment. The staff are treated equally with respect.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
no Comments
Great Workplace for starting in Hospitality
Graduate Trainee in Bell service (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 23, 2016
Typical of the day would be ensure and know events gonna happens and check in and out or long term storing in-house guests. taxi bookings.
I learnt to work with different people and be alerted about customer needs through observations. Learnt to communicated and being a team players and support team member in achieving the goals.
management does care about employees/ staff well being.
Friendly co-workers and willing to help and explain or giving training all the time.
Handling a large group checking in and out, especially cruise group.
The most enjoyable part is debriefing and lunch time - good foods for employees.
Pros
Great workplace for beginning and training
Cons
political in workplace, low salaries.
Professional workplace with great executive chef
Trainee (Former Employee) –  singaporeMay 15, 2016
work 9.5-10 hours a day, learned how to talk to guests, manage my workplace, work efficiently and cleanly, very dependable head chef, can easily apply for leaves, excellent HR management
Pros
free meals through out the day, birthday leave, special culture day, free medical help
Chief Steward (Former Employee) –  Marina BayMarch 28, 2016
Wonderful place to build your career, friendly environment. A place you can learn to be independent. Great team work and team bonding.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
very long working hours
Trainee (Former Employee) –  KhatibApril 7, 2015
Get the chance to learn management skills from the seniors. Knowledge of imparting skills to new workers. Enable to enjoy the good time of communications in learning.
Pros
working with good colleagues
Productive workplace
Front Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore, SingaporeOctober 26, 2014
I have worked in Conrad Centennial Singapore for four years as a Guest Service Executive and Front Office Assistant Manager. Basically, I supervised team members, oversaw the desk, handled complaints and answering emails. During the four years,the management provided me the necessary trainings that I needed. The staff have been very helpful and encouraging. There was a sense of teamwork and solidarity among the team members.
Pros
Good training
international and multiculture workplace
Business Centre Secretary (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 30, 2014
A very nice 5 five star high-standard hotel to work with. I learned pretty much and improved personal skill in this organization.
Fun place at Sugar beach hotel
Waiter and office assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 20, 2013
I would start the day by calling companies to get their contact details such as fax number and email addresses. I would later proceed in a following with them to get them to sponsor for some events.

I learned punctuality and team work.

Co-workers were not very friendly as they were quite busy and rude. But I managed to get instructions and guidance from them easily.

The hardest part of the job was to call all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to get free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not very friendly co-workers
Patience, strong hold, and sacrifices required
Business Centre Secretary (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 9, 2012
Its a very challenging company and need to well equiped yourself towards all the situation occurs. Needs to be strong and try to keep up with the work by your own willing. Overall this hotel is good for a starter or fresh grads.
Pros
hotel staff rate worldwide
Cons
low salary