Comcast Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

If only they could get out of their own way
Ad Sales (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 11, 2018
Totally mismanaged organization. They launch a new product without fully vetting only to have the sales reps take the heat when it breaks down. Metric goals are complicated; you can reach your sales goal and still be punished because the "buckets" aren't distributed correctly across categories. Managers have very little authority. Senior management has been off the street too long to give advice. Suggestion: let your best salespeople do what they do best. Don't tie them daily to a laptop inputting data that makes the company look good.
Their motto is "Comcast cares". It doesn't.
On the plus side, it's a good way to break into sales. Training is excellent with data. Use this job for a year as a stepping stone to a real job.
Awesome and Fast Paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 5, 2018
Comcast is a valuable place full of exciting products and or services they offer great training and an atmosphere where you can grow as fast as you push yourself
Pros
great products and or services
Cons
nothing really
great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Comcast i've been trying to get back int the company for a couple years now I worked at the front counter in Manahawkin NJ an then moved to a win back rep door to door out of toms river NJ I would love to be a win back rep once again. I must say I did very well I won awards a trophie gift cards ipad etc I was always one of the top sales reps. I left the company due to an injured foot. Im really hoping I can get back into Comcast or a company that's is almost the same.
Cons
health care, 401k vacations, sick days and holidays off
Best Company Ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
I loved working for Comcast I hate that they laid us off but I would work that company anytime they call me back. The benefits are the best that I have seen. Free Cable,home phone,internet and home security. The 401k is dollar for dollar match and all the other perks are just great. I can not say anything bad about this company.
Pros
Good Money, 401k, discount cable, hone phone, ho, e security and internet.
Cons
Sales Rep hours leave no room for Family Life but I loved it anyway. The hours are 2-8 M-F
fun job but very stressful
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2018
Comcast is a great company with very good benefits. Unfortunately most calls aren't call related to selling which makes it difficult to meet metric goals.
Pros
great benefits fun laid back culture
Cons
stressful
Great Environment and fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHSeptember 26, 2018
Comcast provides employees with all the tools needed to perform their duties and ongoing training. this is an ever changing environment and you need to be flexible with ongoing changes. The atmosphere of diversity is fantastic. They reward their employees for the hard work that they put in. Contests and fun environment and opportunity for growth.
Pros
Great Incentives
Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2018
In the beginning it was amazing to work for Comcast. When the company started to add more services it was no longer about helping the customer it was more about sell sell sell.
Comcast
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 14, 2018
It's a great place to work with an awesome culture. The pay is awesome ! I would tell anyone to apply for this job. We also get free services for cable
Pros
can't find none
Cons
the money is great
Great company. Great benefits.
In-bound sales (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Great company to work for with great benefits. Nice workplace culture. Fun people to work with. I met some great people at this position. Unfortunately the closed down their center.
Fun place to work, great benefits.
Sales/Customer Retention (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 5, 2018
Comcast treats their employees well. The benefits are very good. Medical/Dental/Vision and 401k match. Also tuition reimbursement and flex spending are offered. Free cable and internet for employees.
Comcast
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 26, 2018
They are trying to become customer focused, but don’t show that they are. Poor communication with rules and regulations between management. The culture amongst employees was great! Management does show favoritism here and will not admit to it but watch their actions. For what is being dealt with from Comcast previous customers and their experiences representatives should be paid more but it seems the company doesn’t care about that.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Direct Sale
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2018
Comcast has been great company overall to work for but it currently operate under analytic approach to management. Compensation over employees concerns or consideration is preferred.
Competitve and Stressful
Media Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 13, 2018
Working at Comcast was a very educational opportunity. The hours were extremely long some weeks and the pace was very, very fast. Tech savvy people are a must to make this job work. Teamwork is okay but sales teams are by nature very competitive.
Pros
All Paid Holidays
Cons
Stressful, long hours
No Opportunities. Broken promises
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
Will tell you one thing and do something totally different.This was an outside sales position. No help from Mgmt. Never their when you need them.(MIA)
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not a good experience it is very dangerous knocking on doors.
Great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. I was laid off which during the time their was alot of layoffs. I would recommend comcast for intellectual growth and to grow in the company because there is opportunity for growth within the company.
A learning experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth MeetingJuly 2, 2018
Wonderful company to work for.And they do reward for hard work with concert tickets,new clothing & recognition.The culture is amazing & you really want to do your best.
Pros
Just a great company
Cons
if you don't like working outdoors
A Nice Place To Work That Stresses Teamwork.
MDU and SFU Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 27, 2018
Typical Days Work Consist Of Going Door To Door Selling Communication Products To Customers. Also Include Writing Up Sales Reports To Solve Customer Problems And Satisfy Customers Needs.
Pros
Good Place To Work To Get Income and Commissions
Cons
You Have To Work In All Sorts Of Weather.
Great Learning Experience
Private Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 23, 2018
I had a great experience with this company. Going door to door speaking to new people everyday was a great experience in both accepting rejection and gaining more customer service experience.
Great Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2018
This is a fast paced, very competitive position. Great incentives, nice managers that are very helpful. It is goal driven and focused. Great place to work for!!!
Comcast was great
XFINITY SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 19, 2018
Pretty good while it lasted. Was laid off in December 2017. Always had weekends off. Holidays off. Great pay and benefits. PTO was great 22 days per year. People were great to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K