Comcast Employee Reviews for Direct Sales Representative

Great job, benifits
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Working for a public company gives me an opportunity for advancement, control my income based on my performance. Training was provided, my supervisor was very helpful, great team .
Pros
Total income + great benefits
Cons
150 people got laid off without notice
over all descent
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 14, 2018
over all it was a very good place to work. how ever it was becoming more of a Nation 1 size fits all Company. rather than , focusing on individual markets and its Competition in those Markets.
Pros
benefits, pay, co-workers
Cons
bad leadership at the top.
challenging but great paying job!
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cement City, MIFebruary 14, 2018
-Great job offering flexibility, leverage of time, great pay and benefits, although limited in advancement opportunities and constant challenges and changes within company.
Pros
flexibility, independence, freedom, pay, benefits
Cons
outside working conditions, stress of uncontrolled chaos & quotas
life in sales
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 11, 2018
Typical day would be getting to know people in certain neighborhoods. The best way to do that is to walk around and talk. I learned a lot about sale strategies and overcoming objections. Knowing that each person is different is a great way to understanding the wants and needs of the customer. I loved the job just because of the people I was with on a team. Management always treated us like we were the backbone of the company.
Pros
money
Cons
cold walks
I will be glad to do this in an interview
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 1, 2018
I will be very candid during the interenview. It means little to nothing to do it adhead of that.

Proactive replys are always better and proactive conversations give the interviewer/manager a better uderstanding to the applicants attitude, education and reaction personality.
Great place; Fair pay
Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2018
Commission is great. You are able to control how much you make vs the work you put into it. I promise if you put work into it, unlike other companies, you will be compensated. You're pitching a dying product, but if you get creative and network, you'll be able to build a pipeline and makes sales.
Pros
Felxibility
Cons
Residential Sales
overall great career
Corporate direct sales (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 29, 2018
Horrible management. If you can get past the sales managers trying to talk to you like another sale then its great. They act like they are concerned but in the end its not about your well being at all.
Pros
pay, benefits, vacation days, etc..
Cons
management
n/a
Direct sales (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 25, 2018
company is very reliable and treats their employees with excellent care and gratitude. a lot of room for growth within the company in any department desired.
fun and energetic work environment
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Western New england region, North haven, CTJanuary 24, 2018
I am currently still employed with Comcast, however i am looking to advance my career into a sales management role, with a little less time spent in the field and a little more time on the development of other sales professionals.

a typical work day would consist of 6 hours in the field with approximately 2 hours of preparation. The hardest part of my job was battling the cold and inclement weather conditions while in the field.

Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all types of cultures and being able to have a somewhat flexible work schedule.
Pros
Courtesy services, free lunches at sales meetings, motivational seminars, employee retreats, ect.
Cons
inclement weather working conditions in the winters season.
Nice place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 23, 2018
This is a high energy and productive place to work. If you like to set your salary and control the outcome of your pay, this is the ideal place for you to work.
company makes so much money, they don't care about reputation
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Management did not seem to care that their subcontracted employees would often lose sales by refusing the job, or talking customers out of the sold services.
Pros
consitent training
Cons
use of subcontracter installers
A highly competitive and rewarding job
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2018
Very Employee oriented and fun place to work. It was competitive and had a high turnover rate, but if you were succesful, the pay was very rewarding. My team was very high energy and a joy to work with.
Pros
Great Commission structure
Cons
Working in poor weather conditions
Excellent Company
Direct Sales (MDU REP) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2018
Awesome Company to work for that genuinely care for there employees. During my tenure with the company I loved my Manager and my fellow Co-workers, We were a family
Fun at first but became stresssful.
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 27, 2017
Was an ok position but the company doesn't stand behind their employees. Revolving door as far as employees go. The company also changes policy very often.
Pros
Discounts
Sell,sell and sell
Door to Door/ Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 25, 2017
Put my body and soul into Comcast. My first year: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR which is pretty significant for a company of this size.
Started off having fun then I found out key factors.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Negative image
competitive pay to your overall work ethic
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 22, 2017
I learned how to manage my personal time around always being on call for my customers and available for any new customers that may have called me after I left my contact info on their door.

The hardest part of my job was finding people home to answer their door. I had to overcome the negative stereotype that door-to-door sales personnel had given residential consumers.

Management did not like me spending any extra time helping customers with their issues. Instead they would have rather I would have just given them the generic customer service number that had failed the customer in the past so many times.

I enjoyed fixing customer's needs and wants more than anything in the world. It was always such a great feeling whenever your customer recommended you to other friends and family just because of the overall satisfaction that I was able to provide to all my customers.
Pros
401k, stock options, benefits, and paid time off
Cons
cut throat competition, contradicting management and not always looking for the best interest for the customers
great pay
Direct Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 19, 2017
great company great pay very little job security and they really know how to show you a good time while you work there. don't get your hopes up ......
Pros
pay
Cons
manegment
Cutthroat
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
Management actually stood in front of a sale meeting and said that "if you're not lying you're not trying."
Not trying to sell my sole for a sale.........
A place where you are allowed to set your incomem and growth
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Anyone with a desire to grow and have fun helping customers this is a good place for you. If you get a chance to work for this company go for it
Great work environment overall, but
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, IL 60047December 14, 2017
Loved working there, but one big issue is how hard it was to get the company to cover the cost of solicitor’s permits for each area you’d be selling in.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay with limitless commission, intensive training
Cons
Hard to get the company to cover soliciting permits, so you basically have to perform illegal acts every day at work, and if you get fined/arrested they won’t help you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K