Comcast Employee Reviews for Direct Sales Representative

Great Benefits
Direct Sales/XSA/Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2017
This job started of great , Comcast is a great company and overall changed my life for the better. the recent change in the commission structure is the reason I am not 100% happy. The money is good and the ability to make more money is there but I would prefer to make a living with out my pockets being played with quarterly
Pros
benefits, a lot of time off, possible high pay out
Cons
many pay related changes
Very fast-paced enviroment and very competitive for nothing.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30022December 1, 2017
Time definitely soared by while working at Comcast but the stress that was involved was kind of to much for me. Tying it with what I already had going on at home was mind-blowing.
Pros
Energetic Enviroment
Cons
Too competitive in the wrong way
Productive and well paid sales job
Direct sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
It was a fun, every day was exciting to go on knock on doors in the city of Chicago to get new customers.
I learned few sales courses and that helped me a lot for this job.
the workplace it was like we were all a family.
hardest part was every end of the month you start with new quota.
Most enjoyable for me was always over delivered on my sales and got numerous company and money rewards.
Pros
free lunches free tickets to sport games
good and bad certainly not ideal
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2017
positively-one of a few organizations that you can get employed and start, without a $100000 4 year degree, and with effort, conscientious career minded approach, create a comfortable middle class income. Which is huge in this economy
This and the quality of the products/services are best in breed.

negatively (*and I have worked at many large organizations over the years) the MOST thankless position you could ever experience. You will feel used and abused, many times over.

huge rift between management and labor.

middle mgmnt, labor or trench workers, have no ability to effect change, or create inclusive culture...brutal treatment of worker staff

This is an operations organizations, not a sales organizations, (monopolistic strategies, with no regard for how it affects customers or worker staff)
Comcast
Direct Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2017
Comcast over all is a great place to work. Nothing of course is perfect but over all a great place to work, and they really pay well compared to others
Pros
great commissions
Cons
customer service issues
World-class communications and information company
Manager of Field Sales, Communities Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  800 Rahway Ave, Union, NJNovember 14, 2017
I had responsibility to meet challenging goals and impact employees lives. I was encouraged to lead employees and delight customers. I learned about leadership. I learned to focus on employee's personal goals and help them achieve their personal goals through meeting company objectives.

The working culture was dynamic and changing. It was a large company culture with many layers of management and a lot of employees.

The hardest part of the job was communications.

The most enjoyable was being part of so much innovation.
Pros
Free cable, internet, phone and home security
Cons
Too large; not enough feedback
really helping
Direct sales (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 9, 2017
This is a company that is really helping people every single day and it's exciting to be part of it. Management is firmly committed to helping persons served and employees to do their best.
Fun place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 19, 2017
Enjoyed working for Comcast, in a sales position there is always going to be some pressure on metrics, however this company made sure to help out those that needed it and was also a great place for those that thrived. There were always fun incentives and the people (coworkers and management) were a blast to be around.
challenging but fair
Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 29, 2017
if you can make the numbers its a great company to work for. the pay and benefits are great if you can reach given goals. better the numbers the less the stress.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
management can stress you out
Great job, tough conditions
XFINITY DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
It's a great opportunity to make a lot of money. Odd hours and the required field times, brings challenges to work/life balance.Work in the suburbs and stay away from Chicago, the taxes make sales difficult.
This is a great place to work but not for everyone
Direct Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 12, 2017
Comcast is a great place to work. The only downside is if you are in direct sales. Because of the bad image that the company has as a whole no customer wants to talk with you. You literally have to hustle and manipulate customers to get then to buy. If you can do this and are willing to tell some little lies (like we fixed those issues when in reality they hadnt) to potential customers then you will go far and be paid extremely well. All I have to say is this job is not for everyone.
Pros
Pay and time off
Cons
Company image with the public
If you are a DSR, must be able to walk for long hours rain or shine.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 12, 2017
Must be willing to walk long hours daily. Must be self motivated, must be willing to work long hours or event to meet your weekly quota. If you don't meet your quota, then you will not have a pay check.
The money was good as sales rep. but management work environment was bad.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2017
Money was great. benefits was nice. everything else not so good. I was under a quota system so you had to produce or get fired. stressful @ times but compensation was great @ the time. now that they got rid of the door to door program. the money's not there anymore , since most sales are happening within stores now like walmart and BJ's infinity stores and of course via call center.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
management not loyal.
A lot of working hours
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 31, 2017
I did a lot of Walking knocking and talking but it was well worth it wish they still had the position. All day every day I worked this position. Direct sales was a challenging job but fun for sure.
Pros
money flexability
Cons
24hr a day job
Great prizes, and co-worker
Direct Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 17, 2017
Great managers, that listens, supportive, and allowed creative ways of selling.To encourage high volumes of sales each month, they would hold contests, that made you want to top your best months.

They utilized a few of my suggestions such as monthly contest, and a catalog to select great prizes from.
This is for risk takers
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJAugust 14, 2017
While I enjoyed the opportunity in meeting previous and new clientele, driving my own vehicle was problematic. In smaller townships, the police questioned the legitimacy of my position as it was not a COMCAST vehicle.
Great Experience
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 8, 2017
Comcast gave me the experience and confidence that one would need in a sales role. Working for such a company puts you in the fore front of technology, this give you all the tools you will need to succeed at your job.
Pros
Great encouraging group I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
Cons
My time their was so brief.
a daily grind and a lot of stress from micro management
door to door direct sales (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce and PslAugust 6, 2017
going door to door, lots of rejection and long hot summer hours.
my supervisor was pretty good but they are forced to hound you about how many hours in your assigned area and just overall micro manage situation. The pay and benefits were pretty good but the corporate world is just such a brutal place anymore. overall maybe a fun place to work till newness wares off.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
corporate micro management and big brother GPS on you at all time
Fun place to work
Direct Sales Representative door to door (Current Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy not punching a clock, great people to work for great pay and benefits. Work lif is understood, managers always available to help.
daily bonus, and contest
Pros
great pay
Cons
outside weather
Don't expect to much from Comcast
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 2, 2017
Very difficult place to maintain a consistent income. Comcast makes changes all the time which unfortunately includes pay structure and tools to make sales. Having high expectations due to the way the recruiter or manager sells the position during hiring process will definitely kill your momentum. Don't expect to much and definitely, don't expect to make a six figure income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.