Comcast Employee Reviews for Direct Sales Representative

This Company
DIRECT SALES (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
I would never refer anyone to work for this company. They do not care about the well being of their employees. The management are not real leaders. They are just managers.
Amazing opportunity to advance to management
Direct Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 1, 2018
Enjoyed every aspect of developing my management/leadership skills. I started in NY as a Direct sales rep, moving into a management role was very tuff at first. After the mentoring of my leadership I grew to be an amazing leader.
Horrible place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 31, 2018
RUN - don't work here. Micro management at its finest! Pay is terrible and they treat you like garbage. all Comcast cares about is the almighty dollar - not You, not the customers, regardless of what they say.

The place is TOXIC
Pros
None at all
Great company to work for.
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 29, 2018
Great benefits and work life balance. Great training opportunities and exposure to other facets of the company. This is a world class company to work for.
Workplace Culture
Direct Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 27, 2018
Welcome place to work with daily door to door sales, ability to meet a vast amount of different people. Never a boring day. Hard to work through inclement weather. But a good place for employment
Pros
Great Compensation! And ability to work on your own
Cons
Ability to reach sales goals, with structured area given.
Direct Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 21, 2018
Work hard and you will be rewarded. The company wants to see you develop, if willing to relocate you will be able to move up faster. Be open to going to other departments.
Excellent Company with Excellent Hi tech leading edge Products
Direct Sales rep GBR (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 14, 2018
This is an Excellent Company with Excellent Hi tech leading edge Products Comcast rewards the salespeople That work the hardest and are the most successful with a minimum of supervision and awesome training on the hi tech products & home security products too.
Pros
Excellent bonuses and benefits
Cons
High pressure for the Sales staff
Wonderful Place to work- the skies the limit!
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 10, 2018
Daily Interaction with new and perspective clients attempting to upsell and to be made to feel at ease. I learned time management, goal attainment, team unity to obtain the ultimate goal which was customer satisfaction. Hardest part of the job was being away from home and family. Most enjoyable part of my job was making those around me satisfied, content and happy!
Very Hard Job
Direct Salesman (win-back sales) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2018
Door to door sales was very demanding. The position was ONLY about money. The training did not match the environment we had to sell in. You had to adapt on the fly and motivate yourself.
Pros
money
Cons
time
Great company
Comcast Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2018
Loved working at Comcast, but corporate changes constinatly change the environment and job descriptions. Environment and people are greatest asset to company.

Want to know more about Comcast?

Ask a question
Great management styles
Direct Sales Representative / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 27, 2018
Management styles and pay scales were great. Mentoring was also beneficial.Employees depend on each other for departmental success. Managers are sometimes inexperienced, but are always seeking better ways to be coached.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Education not valued
Excellent Environment
Direct Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Ivyland, PAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Comcast. Great pay, great benefits, management cares, they actually take employee suggestions and apply them. The freedom is awesome, easy to work hard and succeed.
good benefits. Tough work environment
Customer Account Executive/Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 31, 2018
The pay and benefits are nice. Scripted sales pitches that almost border on sounding a bit intrusive when a customer states they only wants specific service/s.The company has an alarming rate of attrition due to quota and inconsistent leadership support. My comment is specific to In bound sales and not necessarily a reflection of the company, at large
Pros
discounted services
Cons
high attritiion and tough performance expectations
laid off
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 17, 2018
they let go over 300 employees without any warning...showing that most any position can be eliminated without any concern for there staff in todays world
Nothing special.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2018
Working at Comcast had its pro's and con's. The micro management was over the top. I understand wanting to stay on top of how productive your sales team are, but in my opinion the management team needed to spend more time training and less time placing their thumbs squarely on the backs of the most productive reps. I believe the high turn over rate of the sales representative was a direct reflection of this management style.
Pros
Professional environment, good benefits package.
Cons
Extremely complicated commission structure, micro-managed
Direct sales rep.
Direct Sales Account Executive / Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 13, 2018
Conduct morning meeting, train new reps in the field. Produce new business. Perform sales presentations in the field, and in the office, Provide superior customer service. The hardest part about working with Comcast was cleaning up behind there customer service errors. We crated our own work place culture because we were outside sales reps, we managed our own time and work schedule. I was also responsible tor organizing team non work related events. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the field with new reps, meeting new customer and generating new business.
Made good money
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 8, 2018
Made good money while sales were available. Good sales experience. Upped my technology experience. Communicated and met with people from all walks of life. I had many classes to update product knowledge
Pros
Made good money
Cons
Worked outside in all kinds of weather
Great company culture and work atmosphere
DIRECT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 6, 2018
As a sales rep my work day consisted of generating new customers, as well as addressing concerns, and upgrading services of existing customers. Conducting most of business inside peoples homes taught me a lot about people! The workplace environment was friendly, and everyone was committed to success. The most difficult part of the job was working in extreme weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them resolve their concerns.
Direct Sales Suprvisor
Supervisor, Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2018
Great company, especially here in Philadelphia, but some Management is still in the stone age. IE two finger typing, unable to learn new technology and tools rolled out. Burden falls on Supervisory staff
Pros
good benefits
Cons
below market rate comp package
Good Company
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 18, 2018
Great company to work for with tons of upside. You can easily start from the bottom and work your way up to the top. One of the largest cable companies in the US
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
Off hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K