Comcast Employee Reviews for Communication Technician

Found 504 reviews matching the search See all 12,440 reviews
Used to be a good company
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 12, 2018
When I first started the Company was more focused on the employees and the culture was more positive, most people liked their job and got paid decently.
Over the last 5 years the company has went the opposite way, they only talk about how much they care about the employees but never do anything to address the concerns that matter, they always look at things which are not impacting us and act like they are doing a good job.
If possible I would avoid this company and am glad I am moving on from it too, last couple years have been nothing but stress and terrible management, glad to be moving on but feel sorry for the rest of the technicians that work for this company, they all agree but are too afraid to say anything because they fire them without a second thought.
Pros
40 hours a week. Paid Baby-Bonding time.
Cons
Compensation, Management, Stressful, Not enough time with family, constant overtime.
What I learned
Communication Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 12, 2018
I am very grateful for the opportunity to work at Comcast. I have learned a lot regarding RF signals and what affects them. Also learn the different cable types and which ones to use depending on the environment.
Pros
Benefits, Paid time off
Cons
Transparency between departments.
Communication Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 2, 2018
Comcast is an excellent company to work for with great benefits. The company offers fantastic tools to help you succeed on the job. The opportunity to grow in the company is there as well.
Great benefits and room for advancement
Communication Technician 4 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2018
Had great management and team culture based around help and support. great benefits and services offered to employees including discounted services and health benefits.
I loved working at Comcast
Bilingual Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 1, 2018
I loved working at comcast. If it wasn't for the terrible winters and hot summers I would go back to being a tech. I loved how I was treated and valued. Unfortunately I tried to go back to comcast as a sales representative and was turned down even though I left on good terms , have an extensive sales background and know the Comcast products like the back of my hand. I don't hold it against them, I understand. I would love to go back to Comcast. The benefits are awesome, the raises are consistent, and courtesy services aren't too shabby either. I loved being able to move up the ladder relatively quickly if you're a hard worker. I really miss Comcast.
Pros
Pay, benefits, growth opportunities
Cons
Weather
Job
Communications Technician III (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 12, 2018
Being a Comcast communication technician is a great place to work if you just want a job. Career advancement is possible but only only comes with a 5% pay bump, so even as a senior technician youre still not making great money. Long days, hard work, and sometimes dealing with beligerant customers who hate the company and take it out on you.
Pros
Free services, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Long days, working in all the elements, salary
Comcast was a great place to work.
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 11, 2018
My only legitimate complaint about my job here was some of the customer houses I had to go in. Some people have no regard for cleanliness and are not ashamed of the state of their home.
Challanging to work for.
Communications Technician CT5 (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDOctober 8, 2018
Challanging to work for but in a good way. As a technician, every job site was a puzzle and as services became more technical the puzzles became more intriguing.
Pros
All materials and tools required to work are provided.
Cons
Raise scaling switched to be more difficult to attain.
Great Company
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILOctober 7, 2018
Comcast was a good company to work for. Comcast offered great benefits and competitive pay. The days off allowed me to spend adequate time with my family.
na
Comm Technician 4 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2018
Motivated individuals that enjoy contributing to a team, likes to be challenged, and wants to learn a new trade. Scale maintenance technician requires a broad range of skills that will be learned mostly with on the job training.
fun place to work gives freedom
Communication Technician 4 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2018
typical day at work consist of me getting equipment and tools from warehouse. Driving to destination in timely manner. reviewing work order with customer performing labor task using hand tools to attach cable to dwelling .hardest part of the job will be the different obstacles
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
everybody is angry there service isnt working
First real job
Network Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 24, 2018
Comcast was a great place of employment for me when I was 22 and looking for just a job. They shaped me into looking for a career. I matured a lot from working at Comcast, I had a lot of great mentors and peers that provided valuable guidance to me in my younger years. Comcast put a lot of things into perspective and provided a lot of growth opportunities to me in my younger years. They provided a very competitive salary and as long as you worked for it. I became professionally mature and learned a lot of lessons that i still carry with me and repeat to others til this day!.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive salary and promotional opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
great company to work for
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 23, 2018
This is a very good company with an almost family atmosphere. You will not get rich but there are alot of opportunities for advancement. It is what you make it.
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Garden City, GASeptember 22, 2018
Good pay, excellent benefits. Cheap cable, internet and phone services for employees. Top-notch health and dental insurance. Use of company van during work. Will challenge you every day.
Pros
Benefits are top-notch. Best health insurance among all my employers.
Cons
can be stressful if you let it.
Amazing
Communication Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2018
This company is amazing and the opportunity for growth is through the roof. This company really knows how to value its employees and motivate them to succeed in the everyday work environment
Great Pay and Benefits
Customer Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 12, 2018
Pay and benefits are the best thing about Comcast. Management is not the worst, however, You are pushed to do a lot in a short amount of time sometimes. There are windows for work to be done and sometimes those windows do not include all the possible factors that take place in the work environment.
Fun work place
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Rolling MeadowsSeptember 9, 2018
I did enjoy working for this company because of the following I was constantly moving problems solving and I enjoy using my brain to fix complex problems on my own the feeling to me is priceless
Pros
Discounted cable
Cons
Rushed lunches
productive and customer driven
Comm Tech 4 Technician (Current Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 7, 2018
company on leading edge of technology for the field, sufficient support from immediate management. focused on a great customer experience. good Benefit package. Technician job culture is good.
Pros
home garaged co.van, good benefits, quarterly bonuses
Cons
high stress, micro managed from upper leadership
Excellent Company to work for
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 7, 2018
Comcast was great! The benefits that were offered are as good as you can get from a company and management there was great. If I didn't have to relocate to an area that didn't have Comcast I would still be employed with them.
Great Job
Communication Technician - Level 4 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. Emplyees again get the continued education plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K