Comcast Employee Reviews for Communication Technician

fun place to work
Residential communication technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 5, 2018
Waking up early and go to work getting all my equitment
and see whats my first job love going to customers homes and install there cable box and internet i like to educate my customers with there new products its a fun place to work.
Ok place to work other than management
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILAugust 3, 2018
Decent place to work other than management I also believe technicians are underpaid for amount of work done but job has a lot of perks such as benefits discounts cheaper cable and company vehicles.
Fun place to work was on the road
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
Nice job, no room for advancement in the corporate setting, however in the field was room for growth. I was hurt on the job and was not able to return to full active duty on the room .
Pros
Flexible hours, road warrior
Cons
short breaks, long routes
Great job, low pay
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 14, 2018
I loved working for Comcast. However, I didn't make any more as I did as a basic laborer in construction despite all the diverse skill sets required. Similar position for competing companies start higher and advance faster.
Pros
Work environment and independence.
Cons
pay
Comcast really does care.
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2018
Comcast really takes care of their employees. As a technician they pay for all the uniforms, boots, and tools necessary to complete my job. The advancement is a numbers game based on straight forward criteria. they have great benefits and discounts. They also have raffles for large meetings and conferences. They provide a picnic/party while on the clock at least 2 times a year and also provide multiple paid parties for the employees off the job.
Pros
Great benefits, great culture, ability to advance.
Cons
pay as a technician, pay for advancement, numbers needed to advance.
Metric driven
Technician Comm Tech (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 7, 2018
Too much focus on metrics, it's hurting the company more then helping. I feel money would be better spent in areas where it matters such as call center training.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Metrics driven pay raise
Good to work for
Comcast Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. They treat their employees well and give really good pay. I would recommend working for them. Employees get great benefits too.
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 3, 2018
This company offer flexible working hours and opportunity to learn and improve engineering design skills. The management team are always available to answer questions and provide feed back on your work.
Able to to manage work freely
Communication Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2018
As a communication technician, it was good to work along with a route, meeting new people, and managing my own work, but the job was physically and mentally demanding.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Daily schedule was not flexible due to company demands
Work balance, compensation and benefits
Communications Technician II (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 30, 2018
I love work Ing for Comcast however they don’t pay nearly enough to even survive. $4.00 above minimum wage doesn’t nearly get me by day by day. I’m averaging 40k a year which is 60,000.00 less than the average “low income” around the area. Tegh’s are continuing to struggle out here and Comcast doesn’t even bat a eye. Treat your lower tier employees better and maybe turnover wouldn’t be so high.
Pros
Service is free.
Cons
Low payment, healthcare is mediocre, metrics are almost unachievable.
Not bad
Communications Technician III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2018
Good job all in all. Benefits are great. I'd return if given the chance. Compensation vacation and supervisors usually cool l.........................
It's Comcastic!
Communications Technician II (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 25, 2018
Its a big company, people aren't valued as employees and are always been pushed to drive for bigger results without matching that desire with and appropiate wage. You will typically only move up in the company if you know someone, and the metrics used to rank employee performance are impossible for anyone to currently achieve. I am looking forward to putting my time working for them behind me.
Dis-comfort at the company
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 14, 2018
Wasn't happy as a technician. Wanted to change in positions, but management only considered promoting within the departments. Enjoyed benefits, but the ability to change careers was very difficult and disappointing.
Nice place to work; making strides in the right direction
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2018
Comcast is a nice place to work...be ready to play the game in the good ol boy network in order to promote or advance though. The company is making strides to become better, so as a tech the stress levels are low but at times it can be overwhelming to say the least.
Pros
Benefits are lovely
Cons
No room for more growth to make significant money
Great company to work for
Communication Technician III (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2018
Comcast takes care of their employees. The overall compensation package is very generous to include competitive salary, medical, vehicle, tools, clothes, and cable services.
High stress environment
Communications Technician II (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 8, 2018
Customer satisfaction come second to job performance matrix its all about the numbers. I personally feel that they make their own customers dissatisfied because Techs are trying to get in and out as fast as possible and don't develop a relationship with customers.
Could be better
Communications Technician Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJune 7, 2018
The company itself is not bad, but the pay is. The pay is nowhere near where it should be for the amount of work required to be put in. The benefits are good though.
N/a
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2018
Offered a lot of overtime and work benefits are good management not to support local communications technician, a lot of things not known within the management and staff
A great heathly workplace where its easy to advance.
Communications Technician Level 4 (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 29, 2018
I'm alone most of the day, unless in with customers. The benefits are great. I learn about new and upcoming technology. The culture at Comcast is team and family oriented.
Interesting
Communications Technician III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2018
I would have stayed if the pay was fair and the job wasn't stressful. I enjoyed working but the point system wasn't fair and it forced me to resign...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K